Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

1242526272830»

Comments

• jadrie2jadrie2 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a used (1 owner) private sale of a 2011 MINI convertible with 25,000 miles, extended warranty, plus warranty on wheels and tires for $19,000.00. Please let me know....
  • origin_saintorigin_saint Member Posts: 1
    Hello there. I'm looking to replace my first car here shortly. I've always loved the MINI's (except maybe the Clubman), and I've even wanted one since I was little and didn't even understand the concept of driving. I'm now looking to get a MINI Cooper, and my only requirements are:

1) Better than 25mpg (I already get 25mpg) &
    2) Must be $8000 or cheaper

I'm not looking to buy anything new, just something that doesn't have 150k miles on it and isn't covered in dents. Problem is, is I'm not sure where to look to find what I want. I've searched Craigslist a little bit, and didn't find much that fit my needs, as most of the listings there were for earlier models which get worse than 25mpg as listed by Fueleconomy.gov. Can anybody help me find one that meets my criteria? Or at the very least help point me in the right direction? Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • patchelectpatchelect Member Posts: 1
    I would suggest you look on cars.com. You can enter search parameters for specific vehicles and specific price ranges as well as distance from your zip code. You should be able to find plenty of available cars there.

Not certain about being able to beat 25MPG, but to me that number is plenty high. If you are focused on fuel economy more than anything else, perhaps you need to reassess your desires. And remember that a Mini is mostly BMW so parts and service aren't going to be in the Toyota Corolla price range.

Good luck~~
  • steffasbsteffasb Member Posts: 1
    Hey, new to the MINI world and buying a car world for that matter. Looking at buying a 2004 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, and getting a lot of mixed reviews on them as far as drive-ability, durability and maintenance & upkeep, had to give up my last vehicle due to something always breaking or needing to be replaced since it was almost 20 years old. Hoping something newer would have better luck, but from the reviews and message boards I've seen I can't get a good beat on it. Would love some advice on if it's a good buy as a daily driver and what a good price range would be for it, the one I'm looking at has about 94,000 miles on it. Looks to be in good condition, hopefully I'll get to test drive it tomorrow. Thanks! :D
  • flyingdolphinflyingdolphin Member Posts: 3
    Wow, this sounds like a fantastic deal? How did you manage to do that?

I've tried to negotiate with them for a while. Maybe at most 1000 off, which means the basic will end up with 23000 in totoal with only the automatic!!!

I'd love to hear your story!

Best,
    F
  • flyingdolphinflyingdolphin Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Did you end up buying from any one of the dealer's above? I've also seen mt Lauren and mainline. If you do, what prices have you got? I am in MD, i am thinking whether it is worth while to go a little bit north. PPl tell me it is cheaper there:)

Thanks.
    F
  • llbean2009llbean2009 Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2014

Just placed an order for a 2014 Roadster S. Sticker of $37195, negotiated price of $34500

• jabberjaws5jabberjaws5 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm in market for new 2014 Mini Cooper S hardtop with Nav, park assist, rear camera, leather etc. I am told by one dealer likely have to order and they never come off the price even a nickel -- is that true?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@jabberjaws5 said:
    Hi, I'm in market for new 2014 Mini Cooper S hardtop with Nav, park assist, rear camera, leather etc. I am told by one dealer likely have to order and they never come off the price even a nickel -- is that true?

It depends on the dealer - the dealer where my daughter has bought two is a one price dealer

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Just paid $14,950 for a bright orange CPO 2014 2-door hardtop, manual shift, 18K miles, 4 new tires. It is a very basic model, almost no options as far as I can tell, just the way I like it. :-)

After reading all the comments here about replacing clutches, I paid $1500 for a dealer maintenance plan that goes to 100K miles and includes as many clutch and brake replacements as needed. Have never done anything like that before, but I'm sensing this will not be anything like the Japanese car ownership experience I am used to...Hopefully I can mostly break even on the maintenance plan in the next four years....

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777

Just paid $14,950 for a bright orange CPO 2014 2-door hardtop, manual shift, 18K miles, 4 new tires. It is a very basic model, almost no options as far as I can tell, just the way I like it. :-)

After reading all the comments here about replacing clutches, I paid $1500 for a dealer maintenance plan that goes to 100K miles and includes as many clutch and brake replacements as needed. Have never done anything like that before, but I'm sensing this will not be anything like the Japanese car ownership experience I am used to...Hopefully I can mostly break even on the maintenance plan in the next four years....

Sounds cool! Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

Congrats! My daughter is on her second MINI and both of them - knock on wood - have been pretty reliable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Thanks a lot! :-)
    I have been thinking about finding out how much the dealer wants to add satellite radio, but I am going to hold off for now...this is the first time I have listened to broadcast FM radio in ages...

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)