Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• gr8imagesgr8images Member Posts: 14
    2007 Mini Cooper S - Pepper white/blk leatherette
    Cold Weather
    LSD
    DSC
    Xenon
    Convenience Pkg
    Multi Function Steering Wheel

MSRP: $24550
    Cap Cost: $24069
    Residual: 0.734
    Money Factor: 0.00265
    Term: 24

Monthly: $377
    Sec Dep: $400
    Other Fees: $90
    Total Initial: $1689

I think this is better than the last one I got from Fairfield Mini. What do you guys think?
    Sorry this is for 15k miles/yr
  • ticatica Member Posts: 64
    from what I can tell, most dealers give the mats for free..
    I'm in NYC on the upper west side and in the past few months have started to notice Mini's EVERYWHERE. Like on any given block there is probably 1 or 2 parked...sometimes more.

I'm LOVING mine.

My average speed in NYC is 19 mph and the average gas mileage in the city appears to be 24 mpg. SO FABULOUS for parking and lots of people talk to me about my car.

my 'check engine' light hasn't seem to come on again in about 3 weeks, which is good.
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    $377*23+1689(includes first month of course)= $10360/24=$431.67 a month real cost.

I can almost buy one for that. Now, it's for 60 months of course, but I could sell the Mini at any time after 6 months and actually get all of my money back.

See, you own the Mini and can resell it in two years for $20-22K in a heartbeat. That effectively makes your cost to own something like $150 a month($100 a month for a base model)!

Also, you don't need gap insurance with a Mini, either, or can drop it after six months as you'll be right-side-up on your loan by then. Now, if it was a $200 or more difference in payment, leasing might be an oiption, but we're talking $50 more per month out of your pocket to own and drive as many miles as you want and/or use it like you want.

It's high on my list because of this, in fact. I can buy it and resell it almost like putting money into a savings account($100 a month to the car, $300 a month into savings in effect). As far as I know, no other non-exotic car has this lack of depreciation, which is why it works.
  • pharmd718pharmd718 Member Posts: 78
    Starting Aug. 2007 all mini coopers will have a start-stop tech upgrade. If you drive the manual transmission and stop at a red light and put the car in nutral...the engine will turn off. When pressing down on the clutch...it will turn back on again. this will significantly improve on the MPG.

Does anyone know if its possible to update a 2007 mini cooper S with this new technology?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Ridiculous. It is not a hybrid. What if you are using the A/C? What if you have the automatic transmission?
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Actually, BMW's 2008 1 series will also have this tech. Eventually it's to spread to all BMW cars as it will increase fuel economy.
    Note - being in first geat won't engage it. So for 98% of driving, nothing will change. Only when you are in gridlock or a idling/waiting at a curb or simmilar.
    Plekto:
    I live in NYC and this option/upgrade would make a difference in my daily driving.
    Afterall, NYC *is* the definition of gridlock :P
    That may make sense, but I need to lease for business tax purposes. So buying is pretty much out.
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    Also, what do you base it on? Is the Quality as good as Honda,Toyota,or a Hyundai?
    Is this mini thing a fad or a true bullet proof car?
    Also, can a BMW dealer service it,My state dosen't sell them . :)
    Statistically it is not as reliable as a Toyota, Honda or the newer Hyundais.
    Anecdotally, you could be lucky, since some people have bought them and had no problems they care to comment on.
    You have to take it to a Mini dealer (not just BMW) for warranty service.
    Thanks for writing MINI. We appreciate your inquiry.

The Comfort Access feature you mentioned is available as a factory installed option as of August, 2007. As of right now, there is not a dealer installed retrofit kit for this option. I would suggest staying in touch with your MINI dealer to see when this kit becomes available.

If there are further questions I can assist with, please feel free to drop me an e-mail. I will be happy to lend a hand.

LET’S MOTOR.
    Hi
    since I got my car off the lot, I got the comfort access---I LOVE IT! it's awesome NEVER having to dig for your key when you enter the car. You can actually program it to open and unlock in a variety of ways, but it's a really excellent option--I would have never paid to order it but now that I have it--I wouldn't miss it. Same with Bluetooth phone--it's AWESOME.

and the dim-rearview mirror that does it itself is awesome too, also the automatically headlights. Basically it does all these things for you so you never have to forget to turn things off or remember to do them. It's a little subtle, but actually worth it for an easier driving experience.
  • 07mcs07mcs Member Posts: 5
    I have recently ordered a MCS for MSRP $25,500 as follows:

3 yr / 36K mi lease
    Chilli Red with Black Bonnet stripes
    Premium Package
    Cold weather package
    Anthracite roofliner
    Brushed alloy interior
    16" bridge spoke w/ performance tires

$2500 out-of-pocket includes first month's payment. $291/month.

Has anyone else leased similarly priced 2007 MCS, if so, how much???
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    Didn't they tell you?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

They did, sorry meant to ask something else. I checked prices from Virginia to NY, every single dealership and almost all of them were between $375 - $415.
    Ok here are the final details of my deal:
    Mini Cooper S Pepper Wht 6spd 16" bridge spoke(performance)
    Cold Weather
    Convenience pkg
    DSC
    Xenon
    Limited Slip
    Park Distance
    Leather Sports wheel w/ Multifunction
    Magnetc Stone Guards
    Map Light

MSRP $25800
    Cap Cost $24863
    No Acq fee
    Rate 0.0027
    Term 24month
    15K miles
    Residual 72%
    Out of pocket: $1606.53
    Monthly: $379.25

Got them to throw in PDC, map light and stone guards, floor mats for only about $2 more per month. Car will arrive in approx 6 weeks. How'd I do?
  • ucsb805ucsb805 Member Posts: 8
    Hey all,

I've been intensely shopping around lately and have finally gotten my financing in order to be able to purchase the 07 MCS (black or silver with sport, premium, HIFO) I've wanted for a long time. I've gotten MSRP quotes from Long Beach and Universal City, although both dealerships often seem to add on lojack and/or an alarm to increase the price. Both are unnecessary to me. Bob Smith in Calabasas is closest to me, so I'll be heading there first. Any experience with them? They also quoted me @ MSRP...

Any other last minute tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :shades:
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    I drove the 06 MCS last year, and loved it. I just decided to wait for the 07. Now it's time to make a move, and I was looking at building one that stickers for $32,020.
    What rates are they offering on a 60 month finance?
    What can I expect to pay on a lease? 12k per year, total walk in cash of $1000.00, term, what ever is the best deal. 24-48 month?
    Just want to have some ammo, before I start the negotiations.
    Has anyone ever dealt with Otto's Mini, in West Chester PA?
  • umbelwheatumbelwheat Member Posts: 6
    Yes, you can use MSDs for MINI.
  • solinsolin Member Posts: 13
    I've decided to get a Mini S, and have a few questions. This weekend I test drove the Mini S manual transmission and was impressed with its power and how well it handles. The car I drove had the Sports package and was not as rough or bouncy as I anticipated. By the way, I test drove the car a Crevier Mini in Santa Ana California. Her are my questions.

1. The sales guy told me that there is no way I'm going to be able to buy a Mini for MSRP and all are probably sold for more. Is that true? Are people paying more than MSRP?
    2. Crevier has a bunch of add ons which I don't care for such as paint sealer - the warranty on the paint is 12 years form the manufacturing company, it seems like a waste of money to me.
    3. The car has a mark up - he did no say how much, for extending the service plan from 3 years to 4 years like BMWs. If I were to order my car, can they force me to buy it with their extended service plan?
    4. He mentioned that since the stretch version is going to be built in the same assembly line, slots for ordering cars will be fewer and therefore it will take much longer to get your car delivered. Is this accurate?
    5. I do want to order my car so I can customize it, I would like to deal with internet sales people as I've done before. Is this possible if I'm ordering the car?
    6. How much down would I have to give in order to place an order?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help,

1. The sales guy told me that there is no way I'm going to be able to buy a Mini for MSRP and all are probably sold for more. Is that true? Are people paying more than MSRP?

No. You can get a Cooper S in so cal for MSRP. Getting below MSRP is tough.

2. Crevier has a bunch of add ons which I don't care for such as paint sealer - the warranty on the paint is 12 years form the manufacturing company, it seems like a waste of money to me.

It is. You don't want any of it. Say no. If they won't remove the junk, move on. Brecht Mini in Escondido took off their worthless lojack and other garbage for me. I worked with their internet department. Saw the car online and set up the deal via email.

3. The car has a mark up - he did no say how much, for extending the service plan from 3 years to 4 years like BMWs. If I were to order my car, can they force me to buy it with their extended service plan?

Nope. Walk away.

4. He mentioned that since the stretch version is going to be built in the same assembly line, slots for ordering cars will be fewer and therefore it will take much longer to get your car delivered. Is this accurate?

Nope. He wants to move product immediately. Walk away.

5. I do want to order my car so I can customize it, I would like to deal with internet sales people as I've done before. Is this possible if I'm ordering the car?

You bet. Contact the so cal dealers and request exactly what you want and what you'll pay. They'll call back. If they don't, keep moving.

6. How much down would I have to give in order to place an order?

$0.00 from a good dealer. Some will say $500 refundable deposit. Your call if it's worth letting them have $500 of your money for a few months.
    Call hassel mini in Long island about their 1 year lease. I got a 24,200 basic mini off the lot for 2350 down (including all the taxes/regis, etc.) plus 169 per month for one year. If I want to buy it at the end it's 21,300ish (and possibly negotiable to lower.)

go back in the posts and see my details, I bought it on May 1 so posts in ?april and may
  • solinsolin Member Posts: 13
    Thank you very much for your response blueguydotcom I will follow your advice. :)
  • bijoubaby05bijoubaby05 Member Posts: 23
    i've admired the mini's for a while now but i dont want to get screwed on a car deal. This will be the first time i'll be buying a car and i'm excited about driving it but not about the car note.

my question is: is it possible to get a great car deal in southern california?

any dealers to avoid?

anyone bought a mini under MSRP? and if so, where? and who was your car sales man?

what is considered a great deal on a mini cooper s (not convertible)?

i need some help because i dont want to end up with a toyota just because i couldnt find a good deal on a mini cooper. i know its out there!!!!
    I don't know a single person that got below MSRP on an 07 Cooper S in so cal. Now if you want an 06 Cooper S that's brand new, they can be found with big discounts...
    Basically you've got two choices in S. Cal./L.A. area. Hollywood and Monrovia. Now, Hollywood will sell you one for MSRP off the lot if you pressure them to drop the add-on. Mostly because they have a lot of inventory and if it's not a hot color or is manual, they want it gone. If it's an S or convertible, though.. going to be tougher.

Monrovia will give you one for MSRP but only if you order one from them and wait. Pretty painless process, so I hear. OTOH, their used ones and stock on the lot - silly prices.
    I got mine for MSRP from Brecht in Escondido.
  • imgdocimgdoc Member Posts: 30
    Hi all, can someone tell me how exactly do I go about building my own MINI? Do I go to MINIUSA.com or..a dealer?
    Thanks
    Miniusa.com I'd avoid the dealership unless you're going for a test drive.
    Ok, after I am done with my creation on MINIUSA.com how do I order it? It gives me the option to sent it to a dealer, but I suppose I should not do that. How do you order without going through a dealer?
  • bijoubaby05bijoubaby05 Member Posts: 23
    did you get this deal in southern california? and if so, where??? i want!
    You have to buy through a dealer. Print it out and take it with you if you don't want to e-mail it to the dealer in advance.
    tx trigger, do you pay deposit or smth when you place an order? do you apply for financing in advance or after the MINI arrives? I emailed a local dealer (RI) he told me it will arrive in 6-8 weeks. I am thinking about MINI select financing. Any of you guys used it? Is it good idea vs leasing? tx
  • flyhiflyhi Member Posts: 5
    I am about to close the deal on the following deal what do you guys think ?

07 Mini Cooper
    Black/Black roof
    Chrome interior and exterior
    Premium Package
    Leatherette
    Cold package
    dsc
    sport seats
    white turn lights
    rear spolier

MSRP 2370
    Price Paid 23200
    30 month lease
    289/mo
    residual 71%
    12K miles

Also The mini cooper does not have an alarm currently. According to the dealer. Would folks advise on lojack for $695 ? ( I am in NYC and Westchester County)
    flyhi, whats your down payment?
  • flyhiflyhi Member Posts: 5
    Sorry I missed that.. downpayment is 3500
  • lostchildlostchild Member Posts: 17
    If you are buying a Mini at Southern California, don't go to Crevier. They are about the only dealer left still charging you over MSRP and will try to add on $$$ dealer packages. Go to Southbay Mini, Long Beach Mini, or Assael Mini. They won't charge you over MSRP and you can get free mats. I heard that Nick Alexander and Bob Smith Mini also charges MSRP now, but I have not personally asked them.

Crevier is the only one that rejected my MSRP offer and told me that they have no problem selling their cars above MSRP and told me to go elsewhere. I took their advice.
    I was just offered a deal over email for a red Cooper 2007, automatic trans, with only Cold Weather Package with
    MSRP 20,350.
    Lease for 36 months 12K:
    out of pocket first payment and bank fees = $1278
    $299/mo +tax
    Is this a good deal? It looks inflated to me.
    Car_man or others, please, tell me what you think/.
  • trancqtrancq Member Posts: 3
    Couldn't agree more. Crevier wouldn't take off the extra dealer packages for me, so I went to Longbeach and Irvine Mini--both offered me MSRP and mats.
    Guys, I was able to negotiate the following so far:
    red Cooper 2007, automatic trans, with only Cold Weather Package
    MSRP 20,350.= sale price
    Lease for 36 months 12K:
    $299/mo +tax
    acquisition fee waived!!
    but money factor 0.00375 (they say this is their best MF)
    first month and doc fee at signing (about $400)
    Can it get any better than this?
    I wouldn't touch that "deal" with a ten foot pole.

That money factor - 0.00375 is the equivalent of a 9% interest rate. Run! They're robbing you blind. Buy the car and just use ANY credit union to get a better rate. 5-6% is easily found at credit unions.

That's 12k in payments. There's no way a Mini will lose over 50% of its value in 3 years. You're overpaying.
    blueguydotcom ,
    thanks for your advice. I told them that people are getting standard MF 0.00275 for MINI leases. I was surprised they even told me the MF over email. BTW, they are using residual of 71% in the calculations, which is correct. With .00275 my payments should be around 270/mo. So I am going to stick to this number. They say they don't sell bellow MSRP, they waived the bank fee, so the only thing to negotiate is the MF, correct?
  • holt07holt07 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

Just trying to get some feedback. My husband and I are just starting our Mini search. We are looking to get an 07 just basic with a few perks. My husband is looking for a fun car that has great gas mileage. I have been seeing that the Mini's really never sell below invoice, I was wondering if that is true for those paying cash as well? We aren't rich, just decided to take a second mortage out for the car and some other stuff. Also our local mini dealer is on Ebay, anyone ever do this?

We are in Baltimore, MD and would use Towson Mini/BMW.

Thanks!
    Contact Habberstadt Mini in Long Island, NY. I researched the entire east coast before placing my order for a custom 2007 Cooper S with them - their deal was WAY below anyone. This is our 2nd Mini Cooper since 2002. Great car!
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    We are in the Towson/Lutherville area as well, and have been shopping for a fun 3rd car that gets great gas mileage. A MINI Convertible is our top choice, but we decided to go used to save some $. That being said, I have found that there are better deals to be had with MINI dealers in the DC metro area. There is more competition in that area, & they will negotiate some. MINI of Towson, and MINI of Belair are owned by the same dealership group, and will not negotiate below the other's prices. The fact that these dealers are selling on Ebay tells me that they are trying to get premium prices from all over. I just had to replace my Lexus last month(it was totalled), and seriously looked at a BMW X5. BMW of Towson was the least likely to negotiate, and I found much better deals from BMW dealers around DC. I hope this helps, and please post your feedback on where you buy.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    One thing that is affecting your money factor.. is the acquisition fee waiver. This isn't free. It adds .00035 to the money factor. Usually, this would be a bad deal, but on a short lease, it can sometimes be cheaper than adding the $625 fee to the CAP cost.

That stated, I agree with blueguy... the MINI is a car you want to buy, rather than lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator