Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Mileage and wear and tear still matters if you buy since it will be worth less with high mileage and wear, but it won't you cost nearly as much in resale value as they would penalize you for excess mileage on a lease.
  • azorglubazorglub Posts: 43
    Note that Mountain View and Pleasanton require $1000 deposits when ordering a Mini. MV also wanted me to fill out a credit application (when ordering) despite financing it through my own Credit Union. So we went with Concord ($500 deposit, no credit application) and got free floor mats. They also provided better follow up on my inquiries. Now, we just have to wait for the car. :)
  • azorglubazorglub Posts: 43
    8% does not make any sense when you can get a 6% loan on a car.
  • Mini priced at $26,100
    36/15K for $380 including tax.
    Think I can do better?

She told me the residual is 68%.

The guy in San Francisco gave me .00375-.0040. Smoking dope!
    You are posting monthly payments without posting how much money you need to put up to start and end the lease.
  • Mini priced at $26,100
    36/15K for $380 including tax.
    Think I can do better?

She told me the residual is 68%.

Bringing in $2500.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Hmmm. So total cost to you: $16180 over the lease.

26100 or rather 28700 out the door if you purchased (10% TTL).

26800 financed for 72 months on 5% interest (navy fed rates), would be $473 a month.

After 36 months you will have paid 17,000 but you owe 15400 on the car and at 68% residual the car is worth 17,700. In reality it will probably be more like 72-75% of MSRP. But going off 68% residual, you could sell the car and walk away with $2300 cash, so your total outlay based on these conservative numbers is $14700.

I'd expect a value in the 72% range ($18,700), which would reduce your out of pocket to $13,700.
    What about 84 month loans? The interest rate will be higher, but the payments will be lower for those who want cheaper payments rather than having that much equity at 36 months.

Can you tell if you should be even with payoff vs value at 24 months on the 72 month loan? If so, how does the $473 loan payment compare to expected payments on a 24 month lease?
  • solinsolin Posts: 13
    I was about to buy a BMW 328i, had the sales person ready to transfer the model I'm looking for from another dealer, meanwhile I decided to stop by the Mini dealer with my wife and show her why I was so excited to look into a Mini in spite of the fact that it's not very family friendly. After taking a test drive on a Mini S - we had already test driven the 328i a few minutes earlier - my wife and I had a smile on our face because of how fun the Mini was to drive. Needless to say, I'm buying a Mini now no matter what.

Here are some questions I have: Although Crevier Mini in Santa Ana ridiculously mark up their cars, I talked to a salesman and told him I do not want any add-ons and want to get the car at MSRP. He said he would sell at MSRP but told me they add on their 6 year 100k maintenance and extended warranty for $2495 to the MSRP. I don't want to buy anything I did not intend on buying but if I were to decide to keep this care as my wife thinks I will given the fun factor, it may not be a bad idea to invest in such add-on. Any thoughts on the price given for the extended warranty?

Thanks in advance, :)
    Contact other dealerships. That's a ridiculous add-on.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,738
    Hhe. THat;s usually how it happens. But I'd wait a couple of months until the BMW 1 series comes out. It's very much like the older 3 series from ten to fifteen years ago.

Light, small, and goes like stink. A much better car than a Mini - though yes, it's going to start about at what a loaded up Mini S goes for.
    The 1 series is not light , there's no proof it's better than a Mini and a 128 will easily be 600 pounds heavier than a Mini. If you want to save cash, a 1 series via ED would probably make it quite cheap (far cheaper than a Mini).

I got rid of my 2006 e90 and replaced it with n 07 Mini Cooper S. The 330i on paper is "better" than a mini too. Yet it's near zero fun to drive even with a manual and sport package. For 11k less than my 330i's 36k brand-new sales price I got a car that's a gas to drive daily.
    Well, I agree. The problem with the current 3 series are that they are the size and weight of the mid 90s 5 series and then some. I can't stand them.

The 1? It's light by comparison

For someone who was looking at a current generation 3 series and wants something smaller like a Mini, it seems to be a good compromise. Plus, the "M" version of the 1(though they can't call it a M1) is horrendously fast.
    Doubtful they'll make an M version of the 1 series as BMW's doing the whole PR-junk by claiming the 135 has M components - you know parts stamped with the BMW M logo.

I don't think they were looking for fast as they were in a 328i - a car that's not even close to fast.
    The 135i will have M series components and a *300* HP turbo I-6 engine. With a 5-600 lb lighter vehicle, this is going to be a rocket compared to a 3 series.
    The 135i will be at most 200 lbs lighter than the 335i. I was commenting that at 2600 lbs the Cooper is significantly lighter than the 3 and 1 (1000 lbs for one and really about 800 lbs for the other). That's a gap of major proportions.
  • gobebegobebe Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I've been shopping around for the best price on my mini and got the best quote from ASSAEL Mini. I'm trying to find out what anyone's experience has been with this dealership?
  • futures10futures10 Posts: 2
    My experience with Assael was generally pleasant. MA Nick seemed to know what he is doing. I was offered MSRP and yet to decide to go with 07 or 08 model. What kind of deal do you get?
  • gobebegobebe Posts: 2
    Their out the door quote for the following specs in addition to free black floor mats:
    2007 MINI COOPER S:
    $21,200.00 Base
    650.00 Destination
    450.00 Astro Black Metallic
    300.00 Cold Weather Pkg.
    1,400.00 Premium Pkg.
    500.00 Dynamic Stabilty Control
    1,350.00 6-Speed Automatic
    200.00 Anthracite Headliner
    1,500.00 Leather Punch Carbon Black
    2,100.00 Computer Navigation System
    300.00 Interior Surface English Oak
    586.00 iPod Adapter installed
    ------------------
    $30,536.00 Selling Price plus T & L
    Out of the door price will read $ 33,413.51
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 22,836
    Wow! I had no idea it was possible to build a $30k mini! At least, not without the JCW package, anyway.

'17 F150 Crew 2.7; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '09 LR2 HSE. 44-car history and counting!