Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Impala Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mymittiesmymitties Member Posts: 242
    Pizza....??!!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A new Impala SS wholesales 12k off list 1st year so even with 7000 off they are hardly giving it away. You want at least 6k off a low end impala and 8k off the high end. Check out my message 14394 in the Accord Prices Paid forum for useful info on how to buy a car.

You Canadians look up in your used car books how much a year old ss is worth after 15000 miles. You probably want at least 9300ccn off a new one.

--jjf

Hey there ncf...congratulations on a very nice deal !!

You know, while we're all happy for 'ya , some of us Canadian guys here can get alittle jealous when we hear stories like this. You boys down in the U-S of A, and as the saying goes.. " Have it Made in the Shade". Geeeezzzz, I find it absolutely incredible how a fully loaded '06 SS there is about $12,000 less than it is here, whether it's a new one or left over....I think I need to apply for my green card before the '08/'09 comes out !!! Or maybe..just maybe..Bryan or Ron has a basement Apartment for me to stay...Ok, Ok, just kidding !!!
    Frank

PS. Has anyone heard how our 'ole friend Rob is making out ?? Remember, after 5 weeks, he went from an '06 SS to an '02 Saturn and possible house
  • 02cavalier02cavalier Member Posts: 20
    Can you buy one in the USA and bring it back to Canada? Are the pollution controls and safety features the same? Will they beat you to death on taxes? Here in the States you can buy a car in another state and only pay taxes in your home state. Don't know if Canada has any similar deals w/the USA. :confuse: I think the only difference is that (since 1995 I think) Canadian cars must have daytime running lights, but GM has them on all their cars anyway. :D
    Hi there C..

Ya...I sure do wish it was that easy......!!

... I get hit with the customs/duty, brokerage fees, sales taxes, conversion of the Canadian dollar to US, and specific modifications..i.e speedo head in dash from Miles per hour to kilometers, etc. And, not to forget all the mounds of paperwork and approvals... Too, Too much for me to think about and do....!!
    Hey it's always been like this here...Anther example is say the the '07 Corvette .. the convertable model goes for about $ 80,000 here . I just need to save my pennies a little harder I guess.

Thanks for asking though !!
    Frank ;)
  • martin22martin22 Member Posts: 53
    Just a small point: In the Impala, one can change the speedo to KPH by just a couple of key presses in the DIC (English/Metric Units)
    Hi martin....thanks for the info..!! :)

Don't ask me why, but the law here in Canada for some time now is that all cars in this country must show the actual kilometer or Kilometer with Miles per hour reading with the numbered graduations in kilometers, on the actual speedo dial in the dash. Wow..thats a mouth full..!!
    It's not just converting the total distance gone from one to the other that is seen on the odometer. Is this the point that you are referring to....?? :confuse:
    Let me know......
    Thanks again,
    Frank ;)
  • martin22martin22 Member Posts: 53
    Hi Frank
    The printed speedo dial has just numbers (0 to 140). What makes it an mph or kph speedo is the little blue (for mph) or amber (for kph) light which comes on in the face. Apart from the change of sign, when one switches to metric, the needle just goes further round the dial at any given speed.

Now you can import one!

Martin
    Great to know....Thanks a bunch...!!!

Wow...One step closer to an SS...Not sure if I trust the RED though.. :blush:

Frank ;)
  • colchester47colchester47 Member Posts: 261
    Why are you insisting on going to Warwick?...closer to your home?...I'm from north Jersey, dealt with many dealers in New Jersey....I have an "06 SS, if your wanting a car from another dealer other than Warwick, you can deal for that car at any dealer. The only reason that I can see that your dealing with Warwick is because you must live near there, right? Keep in mind that the dealer makes more money on the new cars and GMAC has better financing deals with the '07's....you'll get a better price overall on an '06 but you may need a little more cash or trade in. Again , to get to Warwick your going right thru Jersey, why not try another dealer? Make sure you have the stock number on the '06 your interested in when going to another dealer.Also remember that a dealer has to swap another car for that '06 you want, they'll need something comparable in price to do so. They sure aren't going to swap an'07 for '06.....it's all about them making money and a profit...............talk later.........bryan..............
    Sooooooo, help me understand this......

I have a feeling that you are perfectly aware that you can go to any GM Dealership, for any GM car, in any State you so desire.... I don't think it's neccessary a closer to home thing....!! Obviously, you knew that your personal credit rating was not all that great at the present around town. But, you probably didn't expect/appreciate getting the rejection thing like you did from FRANK'S GM. So now, in your thinking, there is the possibility of of going through this whole thing all over again and being turned down again (and again) by other dealerships as well. Sooooooo, are you going back to Warwick GM because of the pre-approval convenience thing and it seems so much easier?.....

Now that I have played Shrink...is this your thinking ....,or....

Frank ;)
  • newcarformenewcarforme Member Posts: 35
    The only reason why I called Country Chevrolet in Warwick is to see if they can get me the same GMAC financing they got for me 5 months ago. Frank chevrolet can't do it because apparently, they deal with another GMAC branch that is asking me for $10,000 down! They must not have as much pull as some of the "Upstate" dealerships, and Country chevy tells me they can do it because they are a "platinum dealer".

You would think getting pre-approval in one dealership, you'd be able to use that anywhere?

Now, I may go to Harriman which is in the same area as Country, but there's no guarantee their finance manager can;

A. Get me the same financing
    B. Would be willing to swap cars with Frank Chevrolet

I may just have to go somewhere else, start over and buy an 07. But I'm definitely not dealing with Country chevrolet. :mad:
    Your absolutely right. I'm not going back to Warwick, because sure they got me financing. But they suddenly turned from Jekkyl to Mr. Hyde when it came to talk price.

$29,000 for an 06!!! Frank was selling it to me for $21,600!!
    Too bad you couldn't get a loan from another source...I know where you can get a nice '06 with 950 miles on it for $19,900.00......... ;)
  • hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    Hey, I'M interested in an 06 like that, could you tell me the details :)
    Red, no problems, in my garage.............in new jersey........no tire kicking , it's brand new.....and yes , it's an SS with the 5.3.............talk later........bryan
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Ahem... I sure hope this isn't a a sales transaction taking place in the Forums since that's not permitted. If someone were to want to do that, I would probably suggest that each of the parties make their e-mail addresses "public" in their profiles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend dealerships selling Impala SS's at or below Edmunds invoice pricing? (Without adding "regional advertising", etc).
    Bad news gentleman.

So I received a call from Frank Chevrolet that GMAC had turned me down. I know my credits not all that great, but I was pre-approved in December, and my credit's only improved. But wait - it get's better!

So I call back the dealership I was pre-approved at in December - Country chevrolet (warwick NY). I speak to the Finance manager (XXXX) and I explain the situation and that I was pre-approved a few months ago at his wonderful establishment. I was straight up with him in that there was an 06 SS at another dealership I wanted to purchase, and that the dealership had no problem swapping the car out so I wanted to see what he can do. He says no problem, and that he'll call me back in 20 minutes.

Finance manager calls me back within 20 minutes and BANG pre-approval from GMAC at their low incentive financing. (Which I find something funny about that, but that's neither here or there.) He says he can do that because he's a PLATINUM DEALER. HOLLA!! He tells me he'd rather me purchase an 07, (Of course) I say thanks but no thanks, I'm already set on the on the Black 06.

So he tells me to come by the next day, I take a 1 hour ride to Warwick NY.
    I finally get there driving over mountain after mountain, and guess what? XXXX the finance manager's not there today. (Mind you my impatient wife, and agitated 1 year old daughter in the car with me) He has a dealer by the name of Tom expecting me with a brand new white 07 that has my name on it. I immediately explained to XXXX that I was upfront with FINANCE MANAGER about only wanting to do business purchasing the 06. XXX says "FINANCE MANAGER said he was clear to buy a car here on this lot or the deal is off". BS

This morning, I call FINANCE MANAGER and asked him one last time, Can you pick up the 06 SS and finance the gosh darn car for me? He says to me as long as the other dealership has no problem he'll sell me the car. He'll call them and get back to me in an hour. 8 hours later I receive a call from XXXX, another one of his dealers. This guy was th most moronic, insulting individual I have ever spoken to in my life. He tells me "Hi. My name is XXXX and I've been a dealer for 14 years. Wayne asked me to call you." We will pick up the 06 and we are willing to sell you the vehicle for $29,000. Laughing I almost drove off the Tappan Zee bridge driving home from work. I said PLEASE STOP IT DEALER. Let me explain something to you, I have already received a price in writing from Frank Chevrolet at $21,600, nevermind the fact that I can get an 07 for $2000 less than your quoting me for an 06. Mad

In short, he tell's me "Well, if we got you financing, we have to make some money - "Plus it WILL ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT" LMAO. I told DEALER, if I wanted to establish my credit, I would apply for a secured Visa, not buy a $30,000 vehicle that's valued at $22,000. He then tells me, "why do you want to buy an 06? Don't you know it will only be worth $18,000 when you drive off?" YES DEALER. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHY I DON'T WANT TO PAY $29,000 FOR THE CAR.

I TOLD FINANCE MANAGER UPFRONT, I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO LOSE MONEY, BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE SO YOU CAN MAKE A PROFIT. NOT $7-8,000 MORE. HOW INSULTING!

So basically, this dealer is using GMAC as leverage to get me to pay MSRP on a vehicle. I told him I'd rather keep my 94 Vigor. What do I do now? I thought a decent sale for them is better than no sale.
    your repeating yourself..... :sick:
    They removed my post. Had to delete the names. :sick:
    My Impala is running great , I love it.....colchester47@yahoo.com...if anyone wants to know more about it.. ;)
    Sure, I'll sell you an 06 Impala SS for $29000, and give you 1.9% financing to boot. Treat you just like a 780 fico score and I'll include wheel locks, fabric and paint sealant, undercoat, floor mats and a date with the girl at the desk (who will cancel due to her mothers sudden illness).

Sorry about your troubles
    --jjf

said PLEASE STOP IT DEALER. Let me explain something to you, I have already received a price in writing from Frank Chevrolet at $21,600, nevermind the fact that I can get an 07 for $2000 less than your quoting me for an 06. Mad

In short, he tell's me "Well, if we got you financing, we have to make some money - "Plus it WILL ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT" LMAO. I told DEALER, if I wanted to establish my credit, I would apply for a secured Visa, not buy a $30,000 vehicle that's valued at $22,000. He then tells me, "why do you want to buy an 06? Don't you know it will only be worth $18,000 when you drive off?" YES DEALER. WHICH IS PRECISELY WHY I DON'T WANT TO PAY $29,000 FOR THE CAR.

I TOLD FINANCE MANAGER UPFRONT, I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO LOSE MONEY, BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE SO YOU CAN MAKE A PROFIT. NOT $7-8,000 MORE. HOW INSULTING!
    $29,000 for an '06?...What options?..what mileage?
    Behave..
  • 02cavalier02cavalier Member Posts: 20
    Not here to advertise Carmax, but they seem to be able to do a lot with financing if you have any issues. I looked at the Impalas in the Richmond, VA area and they had some with low miles for 16Kor better. :D I bought a 1994 Chevy van there once and it was for sure a premium used car, but they got a premium price too. Financing was the easiest I have ever seen and I was out the door in about 1 hour. FWIW I just bought an '04 Impala for 13.5K at the local Chevy dealer (Heritage Chevy in Chester, VA) with only 11K miles, so there are some pretty good deals out there. These cars are a lot of times used by "geezers" (sort of like me) and you can find them used and in very good shape w/low miles. :shades:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. I know it's a pain.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• flyinlow35flyinlow35 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone. I bought my 06 SS just about 3 weeks ago. Bought it from Young Chevrolet in Layton Utah fro $22,750 and that was with tax and all of the other ?? things they charge. It was on th elot for 492 days. Apparently it was a custom order with the laser metallic blue paint as well as the wood grain rim. It was placed back in the corner and I guess the guy who bought failed on his financing. Not sure how that happened) Anyway, I was having my Avalanche worked on and started talking to the guy I bought my Avalanche from. I asked for some numbers. He gave me their MSRP sheet, I then started calling different dealers in the areas and just started dealing with prices. I started quoteing $1k less to each dealer till I got down to the lowest I could get then I started applying the rebates they they were offering. I know there are some that may be getting a better price out there but for this area, I got a really gor price with an excellent dealership.

:)
    What was the MSRP and tax on your SS?

thanx --jjf

Hey everyone. I bought my 06 SS just about 3 weeks ago. Bought it from Young Chevrolet in Layton Utah fro $22,750 and that was with tax and all of the other ?? things they charge. It was on th elot for 492 days. Apparently it was a custom order with the laser metallic blue paint as well as the wood grain rim. It was placed back in the corner and I guess the guy who bought failed on his financing. Not sure how that happened) Anyway, I was having my Avalanche worked on and started talking to the guy I bought my Avalanche from. I asked for some numbers. He gave me their MSRP sheet, I then started calling different dealers in the areas and just started dealing with prices. I started quoteing $1k less to each dealer till I got down to the lowest I could get then I started applying the rebates they they were offering. I know there are some that may be getting a better price out there but for this area, I got a really gor price with an excellent dealership.
  • geffengeffen Member Posts: 278
    I just recently made a posting in another topic however i'll post it here, i've been looking at a 2007 Impala LS used priced at 17,500 with 3,800 miles on it, I haven't seen many postings on the 07 Impala.
  • tkcoloradotkcolorado Member Posts: 39
    This entire story just makes me cringe!!! I recently tried to get specific information about GM special financing rates and what the criteria were to qualify through GM specifically and was bounced through 5 different phone numbers. THey then in the end told me I had to go to a dealership to "pre qualify". When I called 3 seperate dealerships their reply was "come on down, we can get you into a car". No thanks.

Why do these people have to play so many flippin games with people and just be upfront and honest???? Money I know.
    The Impala wholesales about 10k off MSRP 1st year, so I would personally want about 6000 off list. That said I see ads for 18000 (21000 list?)for new models fairly frequently.

--jjf

just recently made a posting in another topic however i'll post it here, i've been looking at a 2007 Impala LS used priced at 17,500 with 3,800 miles on it, I haven't seen many postings on the 07 Impala.
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    When will the 2008 Impalas start showing up at the dealerships? Isn't it usually around October when the new models get out to the dealers?

Has anyone placed an order for an 08, and, if so, how much in relation to invoice did you have to pay?

Might consider an 07, so would like to know what people are paying vs. invoice for the 07s.

There is a $1000 GM rebate on the 08s, right? Is that good on the 07s as well?

I have an 04 LS that I have been very pleased with and would like to get a new one.

Wish I could get a deal like I did on the 04! GM had two separate rebates, the dealer sold at invoice, and GM was kind enough to "round off" my GM Card earings of $1300 up to $2000. All together, I got the car for just shy of $8500 below MSRP!

Thanks.

Tom
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Hi!

The 2008 model year Impalas are at dealers now. A quick search at GM Buy Power based on zip code 42101 shows several. You didn't indicate which trim, so I did a search for any 2LT models available.

Dealers would probably be much more willing to offer discounts on leftover '07's then they would an '08.

The '08's have a $1,000 rebate that expires on Sept. 4th.

The '07's have a $1,500 rebate until Sept. 4th.

Based on info online a fair price for an '07, before the rebate is applied, would be invoice.

For an '08...invoice plus $500, before rebate is applied, seems to be the current price range.

The Impala depreciates quickly. You may make out much better finding a low mileage certifed pre-owned Impala and save several thousand dollars. For example, I purchased my '06 2LT new 13 months ago. I was able to get over $2,000 off sticker price and 0% financing. It is now valued at $13.5K. It has depreciated $8K in 13 months. Thank goodness for 0% financing!

I usually get a new car every 3 years, and I will need to maybe go 4 years on this one to "break even".

Certainly no mainstream car can be considered an investment, but the Impala is much worse than other cars in its class in terms of depreciation.
  • geffengeffen Member Posts: 278
    I was actually looking at the 07 Impala's new and used, in my area most dealers are charging $17,900 and $16,900 for used 07's which doesn't really make much sense since the new ones are only a few more thousand away from that price, some dealerships must be trying to make a high profit on used.

I'd have to agree that most cars depreciate faster than others unless you are buying a Honda or Toyota however it seems that always comes with a higher cost.
    $16.9K to $17.9K could be anywhere from $4,000 to $5,000 less than a new '07 (depending on trim).

That would almost make up for the initial depreciation when buying new. As soon as you drive a $22K Impala off the lot, it is going to instantly lose at least $4,000 in value.

Buying pre-owned could also mean almost a $100 per month savings on a 48-month loan payment.

Hondas and Toyotas may seem more initially (not by all that much actually), but when you look at the value of the cars after 36 or 48 months, the Hondas and Toyotas retain more of their initial value. Therefore you "recover" some of your initial investment when you trade it in.
    It may be easier to illustrate with numbers:

2007 Impala LTZ w/sunroof has a sticker of $28,020
    Invoice price is $26,959.
    With the $1500 rebate, you may be able to buy for $25,459
    Put 10% down and finance $22,913

2007 Toyota Camry XLE w/heated seats and stability control has a sticker of $29,770
    Invoice price is $27,009
    With dealer discounts, you may be able to buy for $27,834
    Put 10% down and finance $25,050

Assuming a 48-month loan at 6%
    Impala $538 per month
    Camry $588 per month

Approximate value after 48 months
    Impala $9,526
    Camry $12,503

Cost to drive the car 48-months (excluding fuel, insurance, maintenance, etc.)
    Impala $538 X 48 = $25,824 + $2,546 down payment + $18,494 depreciation = $46,864 - $9,526 value = $37,338

Camry $588 X 48 = $28,224 + $2,783 down payment + $17,267 depreciation = $48,274 - $12,503 value = $35,771

The Camry owner bought a car that was about $2,500 more initially, however after all is said and done the Camry owner will have spent $1600 less because they have a car that held more of its value.
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Thanks Ryster and Geffen.

I don't dispute at all what you are saying about depreciation and cost of ownership, Ryster, but I just plain LIKE the Impala. If I trade at all, it will almost certainly be for an 07 or an 08 Impala.

Buying a low mileage used Impala is something else that makes a lot of sense, but no one ever accused me of being smart. :) I LOVE NEW CARS!

Car salesmen have named children after me. Dealerships have named cubicles after me. There are many college educated children of car salesmen, thanks to me.

Now, I do my research and all, and I get the best deal, or very close to it, but I have just traded way to often over the years.

That last new car buy, the Impala I currently own, was a deal that I could NOT pass up. Like I said in my first post, I got almost $8500 off of sticker, with the two active GM rebates at that time, my GM Card earnings, and the fact that the dealer sold the car at invoice.

Tom
  • impalaquestimpalaquest Member Posts: 1
    I took my college age daughter to check out the Impala SS she wants. She and her dad had been to the Central FL dealer the day before to check out the Impalas. They didn't have an 07 in the color she wanted but they knew where to get their hands on an 08 within an hour. The 08 has a sunroof and polished alum wheels($795.00!) which we didn't want-actually we wanted an 07 not an 08 to begin with.

The MSRP was $32000.00. We have bought 2 other vehicles there so they gave us 871.00 off as a returning customer and 1000.00 off for the rebate. I guess because they had to get the car from another dealer the salesman told me THEY had to pay the MSRP price for the car and they were only making $495 on the car. We left.

The manager called yesterday and I told him why we didn't buy and he promised to check out the numbers and call back but he never called back. Should I even bother going back to this location and try to get a different salesman?

I am willing to drive as far as West Palm Beach or Jacksonville to get a good deal. I read the info about faxing bid requests but I don't have a fax machine.

My husband sent out for the "online quotes" and sales people have been calling but they aren't giving any quotes they just say they have the car we want to come to their lot to check it out. I am not driving 2 hours away for another MSRP quote!
  • mpls2mpls2 Member Posts: 1
    '07 LS can be had for about 18 to 18.5. I think no matter what the trim level you will get about 15% off list.
    Never pay MSRP for a car, especially an Impala.

If the dealer calls you instead of Emailing you a price, tell them on the phone "Please send me your BEST price via Email as I originally requested. I am a serious customer and ready to buy. If you send me a competitive price I will call you back and arrange a time to meet. Also confirm in the Email that the specific car I am interested in is in stock and ready for delivery." That will help weed out the good dealers from the bad ones. Good ones will respond, bad ones will ignore you. Also, try sending your quote requests through gmbuypower.com. You will receive survey requests from GM for each dealer that you send requests to. If you don't like how they are treated, you can blast them on the surveys.

The last 3 cars I have purchased have been through the Internet sales departments of the dealerships I dealt with. The pricing on all 3 cars was VERY good as the Internet guys work a little differently than the floor sales guys. Also, carsdirect.com is another good source to see what cars in your area can be purchased for. I usually compare that number with the Edmunds TMV. If the dealer's price is similar to the pricing from those 2 sources then they are probably giving you a good deal.

A $32K '08 Impala SS would have every conceivable option on it! The invoice price would be around $30,200. A price of $29,500 (inclusive of the $1K rebate) is what I would be looking to see for such a model. Good luck with your search!
  • sgshndssgshnds Member Posts: 8
    :shades: I am looking to purchase an Impala: LS/LT, 25-35k milage and will be paying cash for the vehicle. My question is how to determine the negotiation range for the vehicle. It appears that the retail value in my area is ~ 25-35% above the suggested trade in values posted on KBB and others. For example: $15,500 retail with 10,500 trade-in value. Because I'm paying cash and will go with the remainder of the factory warranty, there is very little room for a dealer to make additional profit from me. Any suggestions and any ideasas to whether I can get the vehicle for as little as $500-$700 above trade-in or, more likely, reduce the retail value by ~20% to begin negotiation. THANKS!!
    I don't know what you are referring to as to retail value. If its the asking price on the windshield or what the dealer price is that is usually a pie in the sky sucker value anyway. The impala depreciates like hell, there are a ton of them made, a megaton of them from rental fleets used hitting the market every month. I would definitely try to keep my purchase price around wholesale +1000. Sometimes the kbb wholesale can be high, especially for a car like the impala.

Good luck
    --jjf

I am looking to purchase an Impala: LS/LT, 25-35k milage and will be paying cash for the vehicle. My question is how to determine the negotiation range for the vehicle. It appears that the retail value in my area is ~ 25-35% above the suggested trade in values posted on KBB and others. For example: $15,500 retail with 10,500 trade-in value. Because I'm paying cash and will go with the remainder of the factory warranty, there is very little room for a dealer to make additional profit from me. Any suggestions and any ideasas to whether I can get the vehicle for as little as $500-$700 above trade-in or, more likely, reduce the retail value by ~20% to begin negotiation. THANKS!!
    By retail - yes, referring to the "posted" prices whether sticker or internet - you know the games with the lack of sticker price nowadays as it is almost "wizadry." Thanks for the insight - it does seem like there are a ton of Impalas available - I've just been unable to get in a target zone for what I should realistically aim for in price. Again, Thanks!
    I'm looking for advice on how to determine the outlying negotiation range for a used Impala. I am looking at retail as the high extreme whereas wholesale is what the dealer paid. Theoretically, I should fall somewhere in between. Since "wholesale" is generally an unavailable, market determined price, can I approximate wholesale price with the going KBB (or similar) trade-in value for value purposes?

It appears that on average, retail prices seem to be be 20-40% over the trade-in value. If so, should I be able to pick-up a basic LS/LT '04, '05 w/ approximatly 35k for $10,500 (east coast/midwest regions)? Too low? Too high? Any advice would be appreciated!!
  • endurancemomendurancemom Member Posts: 8
    In February of 08 I purchased my 06 Impala for $9700. It had 65,000 miles.
  • endurancemomendurancemom Member Posts: 8
    I just paid $800 (including labor) for a new AC Compressor. The mechanic said none of his suppliers had the part in stock - it was on backorder everywhere. I did some web research online and found a brand new AC Compressor for just over $300 - I found it on discountacparts.com I've heard this is a common part that goes bad on the 06 models and thought I'd get the word out for a good place to find one if you need it. :D
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    if you go to http://www.gmbuypower.com you can find out what the employee pricing will be for a car you build. it will discount it as you build it. but you must also clik the bottom where is says see special offers for you area it will take additional rebates off on top of the pricing. and also remember you can use your gm master card points in addition to that. might be a good deal for someone.
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    Anyone buy an Impala lately? Any deals out there?
    You should practically be able to name your own deal right now.

With the current incentives, you should be able to get between $4K-$5K off of sticker for an Impala.

If I were going to buy another Impala tomorrow, I would offer the dealer invoice plus $200, and then take all available rebates off of that price. Any dealer wanting to move a unit off the lot in this economy would be foolish not to agree to such a deal.

If you have a trade-in, however, don't expect to receive anything other than lowest auction price for trade-in value.
    An 09 Impala LS has an MSRP of $24000. An 08 impala used has a trade in value of $11000. (kbb.com) This is what an 09 will be worth in 12 months.

Do not get excited about $5000 or $8000 off deals on an Impala, especially with the troubles the parent company is experiencing. You're looking at 10+k off even the base model, to start biting, unless you really really want an impala.

Good luck
    --jjf