Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Impala Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• Options
    carlnccarlnc Member Posts: 1
    2008 LTZ, sunroof, 18" tires and alloy rims plus all the LTZ goodies, out the door including NC taxes, 399 dealer prep fee and other associated junk fees, the last day of nov. (what they say about dealing on last day of month is true) all for $16,000..

Car was listed at $20,999 on lot, online at $19,999

traded in 2001 LS with 136,000 miles, ticking lifter, traction control crap problem, leaking intake manifold (dex cool deal) , cooling fan would run at times for no reason. the trans was rebuilt at 100,000 miles like all the rest of the 2000-2002's.. needing tires, one window vent shade missing, but not smoked in, paint is excellent condition, interior like new, mud flaps... man i miss that car.. :)
  • Options
    joeyjoejoejoeyjoejoe Member Posts: 68
    Doesn't sound like that bad of a deal. You have to consider that the car was sitting for well over two years on that dealer lot though. I guess you can argue that you will still get the full warranty and everything. I'm assuming you bought it "new" and not "used"?

My mother is in the market and it is a toss up for Impala or Ford Fusion. I used to own a 2001 Malibu and absolutely hated that piece of junk. I vowed never to own a Chevy again. It was part of that HUGE dexcool lawsuit after all. I'm pushing her to the Fusion, but have heard good things about Impala.
  • Options
    carstrykecarstryke Member Posts: 168
    i know i bought the car 3 years ago but i thought id throw it up since im new to the forums here. oh and this is all in canadian $ by the way

I was desperate to get out of my tiny unreliable 2001 kia rio so in 2006 i bought a 2005 impala base model with 33000km's. Pretty bland and boring but i have always loved gm styling and i needed a bigger family vehicle. Also this is pretty much right before the market went boom and dealerships were greedy.

Sticker - $18,500
    Price reduced $750
    Trade in value : $6500 money still owed on trade in $6300
    No gst :)
    All said and done $20,000

Current km's -71000
    Past Problems- Brake Rotors at 68,000 a/c is currently clogged and leaking into my passenger seat(fixing it tonight). Everything else was wear and tear like tires wipers and such. On the bright side my impala has never made me late for work or stranded me on a road trip for that i am grateful :)

Was just desperate to get out of the rio i guess

But i think i am going to trade it in for something with mroe options what do you guys think about a 07 ss impala 23,000km for $23,900 or a 08 impala ss 44,000km for $23,800 both are negotiable down some, the 07 seems like a better deal but from crusing the forums here it seems 07 was a bad year for the impala :/ Any sorta of thought on this matter would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Checked out a 10 LTZ in the showroom. Very impressed. Seats were great and the folding back seats were awsome. Sat up just high enough. Wife liked it as well. Not crazy about all the plastic wood trim but not a deal breaker. At 26k with discount & rebate like it much better than accord/camry/maxima. Even liked it better than the seats in the MB E350. Will seriously look at cpo models in 18 months when current lease runs out. Need to test drive one but no hurry.
  • Options
    bigtcbigtc Member Posts: 12
    Chevrolet 21 in Bethlehem PA ...
    I filled out the information on their website to request a quote by email.

I never received the quote, but they keep sending emails asking when is a good time for me to come in. I called them to explain that I am about 1 hour away from them and I would appreciate a quote to see if they are close in price to the other quotes I received. The person on the phone told me it was not his problem how far I was from them, and if I needed a quote I would have to drive to the dealership.

I guess the only reason they make you fill out the info on their website is so they can get your name and number to send unwanted spam.
  • Options
    Welcome to the real world of email buying. You can go to overstock.com and get quotes that are connected to dealers near you. Also autobrag has quotes and a way to send out bids to dealers who don't get your info. All free -- might work. There is 3k rebate on the impala. What trim level are you interested in?
  • Options
    p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    I got $ 10k off the sticker (including my GM card rebate of $ 2,400) on a new leftover '09 LTZ.
  • Options
    nicely done !
  • Options
    klrssklrss Member Posts: 28
    Incase someone was in the market for a new GM/Chevy product, I wanted to share some info for you to read before you buy.
    I bought a new 2010 Impala LTZ a few months ago. I have 6,000 miles on it now. I have been having this sulfur/rotten egg smell from the exhaust since about a week after I had it. I finally brought it into the shop and they said they found no issues, and it is probably bad fuel. I questioned the fact that I can run the same fuel in my 2011 Kia Sorento, and my 2009 Civic without the smell, so I don’t think it is the fuel. They told me there isnt anything they can do and again advised that I run a tank of quality fuel through it and see if that helps. So, I did what they said. I actually ran three tanks of Exxon through it, and one tank of shell, and the smell never went away. I called GM customer service and they asked if I was getting fuel at the same stations, or if the stations were close to each other. I told them yes, except the shell, which was across town. The gm customer service lady said " well, maybe the stations are getting the same fuel, and you might need to try other stations". I could not believe it! My car smells like rotten eggs...my two other cars run fine on the same gas, I tried higher grade gas like shell and Exxon and still no change, now they want me to drive all over town trying different fuels!!! I tried to get them to understand that I have NEVER had to worry about what fuels I use in any car that I have owned, and I have owned many GM cars in the past, and that they need to look at this Impala. So the customer service lady said to bring it back in and she would tell the dealer to look at it again. I take time out of my day, bring it in, I asked for a loaner and they didn’t provide one, which just added to the fun of it. They looked it over and called me and told me they still didn’t find anything wrong, and didn’t smell it this time at all. Wow! I can’t believe they didn’t smell it! ( or maybe it just looked better on the paperwork for them not to smell anything). I picked the car up and they gave me a TSB Bulletin that basically said that the smell is caused by high sulfur fuels and instructs the service dept not to replace parts because it is a fuel issue. I tried to get them to explain why my car smells, but other new GM cars do not, but they still said it was a fuel issue.
    So, my warning is that if you get a Gm car or truck that smells like sulfur/rotten eggs, GM will not fix this and you will have to endure the smell. I really didn’t expect to pay 25k for a car that smells horrible. I put my trust and money into GM/Chevy, and that was a mistake. Now I get to smell sulfur when I pull up to the drive-thu’s ( banks/Fast food), and have family/friends who follow me to places tell me my car stinks, and clients who I have in the car tell me " have that fixed, it is the catalytic converter"...etc.
    I would highly recommend that you go with a Kia, or Honda, or some other brand that actually can burn any fuel out there without it smelling. Gm seems to not want to disclose that their cars can not burn today’s fuel cleanly, because if they did, there would be many folks that would not buy...including me! I hope this helps someone who feels this service issue would be important to them if they purchased GM.
  • Options
    tn2013civictn2013civic Member Posts: 6
  • Options
    goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2014 Impala LT2 for 36 months and 12000 miles a year.
  • Options
    nicky820nicky820 Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2014 Impala LT2 for 36 months and 12000 miles a year.