Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sblanesblane Member Posts: 4
    Jack, you should be able to get the monthly below 500. Look for my post today and check out the figures.

sblane
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Dealer installed options are priced at the dealers discretion.
    There's not alot of markup in the dealer installed stuff.
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    I was given a price for an XC90 3.2 FWD 7pass w/ premium, versatility, climate and RESystem packages of 36,758. When I met with the dealer and told him that I wanted to lease rather than purchase, he told me that he would have to add an additional $500 to the price because the manufacturer to dealer cash was only $2000 on a lease vs. $2500 on a purchase. I've read some posts where it seems like others got the full $2500 off on a lease. The dealer showed me a sheet that shows the different numbers but I am still skeptical since it seems like others got it. Can anyone clarify this?
    Lease incentive IS $2000 for the 24 month VFNA lease.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    ...it's what Costco tells you that counts, not the stealership.

Personally, I would throw you out of the building for that remark.

Lighten up Max. We know you're a Volvo sales person.
  • sblanesblane Member Posts: 4
    vortiz where do you live? I'm in Tucson and just leased a very similiar xc90 and got
    2,500 off from Volvo plus the 1,000 off from Costco. I saw the dealer's papers from Volvo and they clearly had 2,500 for a number of different models.

sblane
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42
    I am in Central California.
  • surviveonesurviveone Member Posts: 4
    Here is the latest quote (NJ):
    2008 xc90 w/ 7 seat option
    2 year lease
    All the upgrades climate/ versatility/premium/ etc.(w/ park assist camera, bluetooth, ipod, navigation)
    w/ 18" tires
    W/ rear seat entertainment system
    3k down
    548 a month
    the quote inlcudes 2k from costco plus all the dealer cash.....
    49k invoice
    42k after savings
    31k residual after lease
    I think it is a good deal.....
  • sunpro2003sunpro2003 Member Posts: 15
    I am located in NJ. I have current lease with VFNA

The new proposed deal is as follows:
    2008 XC90-AWD, Premium Package, Climate Package, Navigation System, Sirius
    Satellite
    MSRP-$44,680
    Gross Cap Cost-$41,385
    Less: $1,000 Lease Loyalty rebate
    Net Cap Cost-40,385
    Residual-$29,042.
    Money Factor-.00078(1.872%)
    24 Month Lease-$525/month

Due on Delivery
    1st Payment-$525
    Sales Tax upfront-$1,000
    Regist Fee-350
    Bank Fee-650
    Total due at signing-$2,525.

Questions
    1. Is this a good deal?
    2. What rebates are available in December? I heard Volvo is giving dealers $3,000 plus additional $400 for leases in December.
    3. Bank Fee-Are these negotiable? This sounds like another profit maker for dealer

Thanks
    Lighten up Max. We know you're a Volvo sales person.

I am not the one flinging insults.
    You must have taken the RSE lease.

If you don't take the RSE system,the money is $2000
  • dbh518dbh518 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I am in CT and am about to purchase an XC90 and was hoping to get your thoughts on the offer:
    2008 xc90 3.2 AWD
    Premium/Versality/Convenience/Climate (no Bi-Xenox Headlights)
    Rear-Seat Entertainment
    24 Months/10,500 miles
    MSRP $47,820; Cap Cost $40,660
    Monthly $525 (includes $40 for CT property tax)
    Upfront - $1,657 includes Bank Fee $695 (vs, standard bank fee is $595), DMV $163, Doc Fee $199, Tax $75, 1st Month $525, No Security
    1st & 2nd 7,500 mile services are at no charge

Would appreciate your thoughts on where I can negotiate further. Thank you
    "I am not the one flinging insults."

Nor am I, Max.

One of the reasons your sales perspective is so valued here is that you, IMHO, unlike a majority of car salesmen, know your product, understand financing options, help people who you won't earn a penny from, don't seem to be lazy, can write clearly, and shoot straight.

You are the exception, not the rule, and that's why the term stealership is not an insult to you or anyone in particular, but a general caution to all buyers. There are several Edmunds threads on just this subject. There aren't many barriers for initial entry to the automobile sales profession, and many of us have had to suffer with much less talented or motivated sales people than you. Just look at someone else's title to this message!

Two suggestions for your consideration, however. 1) You should identify yourself as a Volvo employee (your handle just kinda suggests it), and 2) You need to develop a thicker sales skin, rather than be offended, and threaten me because of the term I used.

It's very immature, and probably not possible ;-) for you to try to... "Personally, I throw me out of the building for that remark."

Now that we've both had our say, let's get back to Volvo talking and Costco dealing. If you insist on discussing it further, let's do it off line. I'll be in Tucson, at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base with the 355 TFW, in early February.
    fantom,
    there are PLENTY of honest dealerships out there,and good salespeople.
    Perpetuating a sterotype is simply wrong.
    Are there bad dealers and bad salespeople?
    Certainly.
    But, to simply imply that ALL dealers are stealerships is wrong, and it is offensive.

I'm certain that you didn't mean to be insulting, but lets just remember that dealers have feelings to.
    Have fun at the Boneyard!
  • jojodfb2001jojodfb2001 Member Posts: 3
    I received an offer from a San Diego Delaership for an XC90 with Versatility Package, Premium Package and wood steering wheel. The offer was $35,300 with the COSTCO rebates. I am assuming this is a good deal but is there any news out there on current prices paid?

6-cyl
    FWD
    >>

About as good as it gets, and it ends December 31th.

COSTCO audits the deal you're getting from the stealership, opps, I mean dealershhip, so no worries.

Move fast and good luck!
  • nicole10nicole10 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everybody,

I am trying to surprise my husband with a new XC 90 as a Christmas present. I have read through several of these posts, but the leasing variables can be a bit daunting. I have the following offer from the Volvo dealer for a three year 12,000 miles annual allowance

2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2L with premium package, versatility package, climate package, and electronic control.

MSRP $45,420
    Selling Price $35,869
    Money Factor 0.00205
    Residual 46%

Total at inception (includes taxes, fees, and 1st month) $3007

Monthly payments of $522.38

The selling price looks low, but they are likely making it up on the higher money factor and lower residual. I don't have a lot of time, would like to pick it up tomorrow as my husband will be traveling. Any help is greatly appreciated, would like to ask for his help, but i want this to be a surprise.

Thank you everybody!!!
  • newcomer3newcomer3 Member Posts: 13
    Do I have to be Costco member to do the Costco deal? How about showing Costco deal to the dealer and ask whether they could beat that?
    You MUST be a Costco member in order to get the Costco deal.
    Part of the incentive money for that deal comes directly from Costco.
    So, no dealer is going to beat, or even match that deal for a non Costco member.
    Not unless they want to lose money to sell a car.
    How about just Invoice minus incentives from Volvo (~3000), without asking for the $1000 from Costco?
    that deal should be fine.
    Remember, the incentives vary depending on whether you are buying or leasing or doing the RSE deal.
  • mferrermferrer Member Posts: 1
    What dealership in CT did you go to. I am shopping around for either the XC90 or ML 350, and your XC90 deal seems pretty good.
  • intouchintouch Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering if anyone has purchased a car thru Costco and the factory pickup and trip to europe they are offering?
    07 V8 Sport withTitan grey, Convi pack, asking for 45000, a reasonable offer?
  • lancemcclancemcc Member Posts: 6
    I was just offered this and it seems pretty incredible seeing how I haven't even countered yet. Am I correct?

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Black w/ sandstone leather
    Climate pkg
    Convenience pkg
    All wheel drive
    Premium pkg
    Versatility pkg (3rd row)

MSRP $46,020
    Cap Cost $39,862
    24 months @ $399 w/ $2900 due at drive off
    10.5k miles per year

The Holiday lease promo is Base 2 wheel drive with no equipment.
    MSRP $38,665
    24 months @ 389 w/ $2900 due at drive off
    10.5 k miles

So you can see with the Costco promo SAVES A LOT OF MONEY!

If you want the 12k miles lease, you would be looking around $420 on the black AWD.
  • limetsfanlimetsfan Member Posts: 4
    Here are specifics on a deal through the Costco promotion. Please help!

XC90 3.2 AWD (Premium, versatility, climate and convenience packages)

0 cap cost reduction paying 1 month, bank fee and taxes due at signing (NY) ($2300)

24 month lease 10,500 miles per year

Lease per month for $426.00

MSRP: $48,295

Selling price of vehicle is $41,271

Buy back is $31,391.75.

We are Costco members and using costco promotion.

Sounds really good. But now we are concerned about buyback price. Help!!

Thanks.

limetsfan
    No need for duplicate posts, limetsfan.

Better move fast, or the great deal will be gone after the first of the new year. You'll have two years to concern yourself about a very fair RV.
  • damurph101damurph101 Member Posts: 1
    I just signed the purchase order for a Costo Volvo xc90, and my delivery is scheduled for March 08. You absolutely CAN get the deal, as long as paperwork is signed and you put a small deposit down. I put down $500.
    Here is my deal. The Money Factor = .0078 - Can this be negotiated? I am in Portland, Oregon.

Second, the Buy Back is: $29k

2 Year Lease

2008 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Black w/ sandstone leather
    Climate pkg
    Convenience pkg
    All wheel drive
    Premium pkg
    Versatility pkg (3rd row)

MSRP $46,020
    Cap Cost $39,862
    24 months $399 w/ $2900 due at drive off
    10.5k miles per year
  • limetsfanlimetsfan Member Posts: 4
    I just posted my deal a few messages above. This looks like a good deal. Is part of your drive off fee a down payment? What portion? Also, it looks like you have a similar package to my car, but my MSRP is $48,295. I wonder why?
    Are you going through Costco?

Your buyback is great compared to mine. I wonder if I can negotiate that.
    You absolutely CAN get the deal, as long as paperwork is signed and you put a small deposit down.

That is correct, for a car that isn't in stock. Mine is due at the dealer on January 13th.

Trying to bargain down the current 2 year fixed VFNA lease special is an exercise in futility.
    Hmm. I am really not sure why there is a difference in our MSRP's or buy back amounts. What percentage are they using to determine your Residual?

Mine is as follows: .00078 65% res at 10.5 k = $29,913

Does ANYONE know if the Coscto Deal INCLUDES the Rear DVD Entertainment Incentive? Free of charge?
    The RSE deal is separate from the Costco deal.
    If you belong to Costco,you can do both.
    RSE IS NOT FREE.
    You pay for the RSE unit,but there is an incentive to cover the cost.
    An XC90 w/ RSE will cost more on a lease than one without,but its not a big difference, usually $10-12/mo.
    Thank you Volvomax.

Can you please clarify how much Incentive Money is available via a Lease as a Costco Member.

I know the Coscto numbers are 1k and a 500 dollar gift card, but I keep hearing different amounts from Volvo's Incentive. Is it 2k, 2.5k or 3k?

Thanks much!
    $2 K Lease w/out RES
    $2.5k lease w/ RSE
    $3.1k buy w/ RSE
  • hammersixhammersix Member Posts: 9
    I am considering selling or trading in my 2003 XC90 T6 AWD. How have people done on actual value, either to a private party, dealer or a dealer trade-in?
  • newbie75newbie75 Member Posts: 1
    What is a reasonable price to pay for a xc90 with climate, versatility and premium packages?
  • kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    I have a 2006 2.5t awd with vers, premium, Bluetooth and cargo cover. I took the private party prices from edmunds, nada and kbb and came up with an "in the middle" of the three. Im close to selling it and im selling bc I want to get out of owning a luxury gas guzzler, would rather lease for 2-3 years and see what happens with the hybrids and gas prices. Fearful that in 2 years when the warranty is expiring and if gas prices are high or more efficient suvs have arrived, resale will be worse.

Id say if your ride is in great shape, low miles etc - you should be able to get private party or close to it.

Dealers have not offered anywhere near trade in on those sites for mine.
  • bg3535bg3535 Member Posts: 1
    Thoughts on the below lease?

$875 due at signing (no security deposit, tax in the lease)
    23 more payments of $565 tax INCLUDED (about $525 without tax)
    10,500 miles per year

Loaded XC90 3.2L AWD with Blind Spot warning (but without navigation/convenience pkg).

Sale price $40,406
    Residual 65%
    Money Factor .00078

I thought this was too good to pass up. Sale price seemed fine, residual seems only OK for a 24 month lease and the MF was unbeatable.
  • jojodfb2001jojodfb2001 Member Posts: 3
    Signed all the papers on 12/28/2007 with the COSTCO Deal and ordered:

FWD
    3.2 Liter
    Metallic Paint
    Wood Steering wheel
    Climate
    Premium
    Versatility

Price paid was - $36,284
    Invoice - $40,543
    MSRP - $43,675
    Volvo cash back and Costco program are gone!

I picked up my ordered Volvo XC90 on the 2nd. This forum and the Costco people were very helpful. Thanks Volvomax and everyone, but they are mostly stealerships, IMHO.

The Volvo dealership was OK at the end, but basically clueless during the process.

I finally leased, rather than purchase, with the same 65% residual, because who knows where fuel prices are going.... Up for sure which will really impact the trade value of this car.
  • rlblakerlblake Member Posts: 1
    OK

Everyone on this forum has been great. Very valuable information

I turned in my V70 in December and leased a new XC90

2008 XC90 - 2WD
    Metallic Paint
    Climate
    Versatility
    wood steering wheel

Rear Entertainment System via the Volvo Deal

MSRP $43,675.00

I did a 24 month lease with 1,500.00 down

15K miles

520.00 per month

I don't think it was a great deal - I think it was a good deal

I was on my blackberry on edmunds in the dealership

Sorry the info is late I just know how helpful it was
  • wzhao68wzhao68 Member Posts: 15
    Hi there,

I'm going to trade in my 2006 Volvo XC90 (2.5, premium/3rd, 24 mo. $399/mo, 12,000m/yr, $2600 drove off 4/2006), love every bit of the car, btw, and getting a new one for another 24 month. Is there a deal going on right now?
    Can some of you share your similar experience?
    Thanks,

David
  • wzhao68wzhao68 Member Posts: 15
    here is some lease quotes I got from different dealers (southern California):
    The advertised special in the region is:
    $42,675 MSRP of 2008 XC90 3.2 FWD 7 Passenger (includes Premium Package, Versatility Package, and Metallic Paint)
    24 month $399 10500 miles/year, and $3769 d/o.
    My quotes are:
    1. 24 Months Lease
    12,000 Miles per Year
    $3,769 Drive-Off
    $451 per Month + plus tax
    Money Factor 0.00076

2. 24 Months Lease
    12,000 Miles per Year
    Cap $36500.00
    $1550.14 Drive-Off (incls 1st pmt/taxes/registration/doc fee)
    Mthly pmt $479.99 plus tax $519.59

3. 24 Months Lease
    12,000 Miles per Year
    $2,600 Drive-Off
    $473 + plus tax

I think the 2rd one is a better deal, has anyone seen better ones? Do they still have backseat DVD player offer?
    Thanks,

David
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    Long story short - my wife and I just realized that the deposit we put on a XC90 does not have AWD. We currently have one and the lease is due soon. We told the dealer we wanted to save money and to get our current car (XC90 AWD with Premium) w/o the premium package. When we discussed options, the only thing we said we did not want was Premium. They knew the car I had was AWD because they are buying it for inventory. As an aside, he said if you get the car w/o premium, you can only get Black or White - not metalic, whihc I think is wrong

Thoughts ?
  • natinati Member Posts: 1
    Really like the 2008 XC 90. We're looking for a larger car with 3rd Row seat, safe, ect.

WE have yet to look at the MDX, Lexus RX, Cadilliac SRX.

Today looked at the XC. Was suprised the incentives they had on a lease. I am a sales professional so think I may be able to deduct lease payment for tax advantages

Here's the deal:

MSRP: $42,500 3.2 Front Wheel Drive with Leather and basically everything except Navigation.

Sales Price: 33,900
    Residual at end of 48 months: $15,435 (.36)
    Money down at Closing: 10K (our Camry trade in)
    Money Factor: .00238
    Lease Pmt w/ Tax= $321.98

If 3 yrs: Still 33,900
    312.93 for 36 months
    Residual is $18436

We would sell at end of lease we are thinking. DOes the deaership negotitate the residual or money factor at all? ANy hopes of getting the navigation thrown in?

Thanks for any help. Do you guys like you XC 90's?
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    The advantage the XC90 has over some of the cars you listed is the 3rd row configuration. We leased ours for that reason - we wanted the extra row for visitors/etc without having to go to a "full" size SUV.

As far as negotiating Residual/MF, my understanding from my Lease-searching is the MF is not negotiable (set by the bank), but the residual could potentially be negotiable based on the current business conditions when they take the car back in. If the Dealer doesn't have to have it sit on his lot for resell then he may be open to reducing the price for the immediate sell. It's all speculation since no one knows future market conditions.
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    '08 XC90. AWD. Metallic. Prem. Climate. 10,500/yr. 24mos

$457/mos + tax
    $695 due at signing which includes 1st month + 1st montt taxes, DMV, etc

Also, they are buying the car from Volvo so I dont have to worry about fees for dings, scratches or the 3k miles we are over
    For certain markets, Volvo will build an XC90 AWD w/out the Prem pkg.
    However, they usually only build it in Black and White.
    You can build it in other colors,but that is a special order vehicle.
  • jlbrown80jlbrown80 Member Posts: 1
    What are people paying for a new 2008 XC90?

Boston MA Area

Example;

MSRP 2008 CX90 (3.2) AWD= 45,200

Prem Package
    Climate Package
    Versatility Package
    Metalic Paint
    AWD

Should I expect 7k off MSRP, is that too much?

Thank You

I got an inital first offer quote for 41,300, only 3,900 0ff MSRP.

Vovlo also has no current APR specials either.