Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• silverspork1silverspork1 Member Posts: 5
    gpk1: I think it is maybe $2k too high based on quotes I am receiving. Check the lease edmunds forum on deals people are getting on leases. I just had a dealer tell me that they will sell me a new 2008 V8 for under $40k with climate and Nav.
  • rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    2008 XC90 V8
    Ember Black Metallic
    W/ Climate Package, BLIS
    MSRP $51075
    Invoice $47,442
    Selling Price $37672
    - This includes $4000 manufacturers incentive, $2000 loyalty, and $750 holiday discounts. Basically if you dont include the rebates, the dealer's giving me $3000 off of invoice. How much more do you think I can push lower? Also, for that $1000 Costco rebate, I know you have to be a member before Nov. 1, but if the dealer really wants a deal, can they still give me the $1000 off if I became a member after that date? Or is it not the at the dealers discretion, and only Costcos? Thanks for the input.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    The Costco incentive is at Costco's discretion, nor the dealers.
  • scottcarascottcara Member Posts: 12
    So are you saying that the current incentive for a 2008 is

$4000 Dealer Incentive
    $2000 Customer Loyalty (is this per dealership?)
    $1750 Costco Incentive

AND that's all in addition to being able to get employee or X plan pricing?
  • wendyswendys Member Posts: 9
    I would like to confirm the incentives as well.

Does the $2000 customer loyalty require previous Volvo owner/lease?

Is there a link to the $4000 dealer incentive?

Volvo is also giving away $750 Holiday Gift Card. Can that be applied to the purchase of 08 model?

Thanks
    Owner Loyalty requires that you CURRENTLY own or lease a Volvo

The $750 gift card can be applied to the price of the car.
    Current purchase incentives:
    $4000 Dealer money
    $2000 Owner loyalty, this is also a factory incentive, must currently own a Volvo
    $750 gift card, can also be applied to the price of the car

$1000 Costco incentive, plus a $500 gift card from Costco.
  • wendyswendys Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info.

I'm just curious if it's possible to push the price lower than Costco $1000 below invoice.

Also, dealer invoice shows $500 advertising fee. Do you think it's reasonal to be added to invoice?
    If the ad fee is printed on the invoice, it is quite legitimate

ALL Costco cars MUST be sold for invoice. It is a violation of the program to offer a car for less than inovice minus the incentives.
    I just found this info about the Costco deal. I didnt realize this was how the deal was structured. I might have to have a talk with my dealer. So, volvomax, are you saying Volvo employee pricing is invoice?

Purchase a new Volvo XC90, XC70 or V70 through the Costco Auto Program between November 20, 2008 and January 5, 2009, to receive:

* $1,000 off Volvo’s employee price
    * All available customer rebates and dealer incentives
    * $500 Costco Cash Card for completing a Costco Auto Program Survey
    volvomax, are you saying Volvo employee pricing is invoice?

Yes. It is A-Plan and that is invoice.
  • storrnycstorrnyc Member Posts: 28
    Today we purchased a willow green Used/certified 2007 XC90 3.2 FWD that came with:

Premium package
    Versatility package
    Convenience pacakge
    & Navigation.

25k miles on the clock and 4 yrs or 75k miles left on the warranty.

price 23.9k + TTL.

From Volvo in Santa Monica. Did we do ok?
  • MoichiMoichi Member Posts: 1
    Through a car buying service available to me, I've obtained a price of $32,994 for a 2008 XC90 3.2 FWD with most of the available bells and whistles except no DVD entertainment system or navigation system. It was a demo or courtesy vehicle for the dealer and has 6,000 miles on it. On Edmunds.com, I found the private price of $32,628 and dealer retail price of $35,195. This seems like a great deal but the consumer reviews of this vehicle are quite mixed so I'm not confident that I'm making the right choice. I do like this car and loved the Volvo I had before although it was a bit of a dog and maintenance and repairs were very expensive.

I'd appreciate insight into whether A) I've negotiated a good price? and B) is an XC90 a sensible and practical purchase that I won't regret?

Thanks for your feedback.
  • storrnycstorrnyc Member Posts: 28
    From the conversations i had here in South Cali the low 30s figure was about the price to pay for the spec you mentioned with 0 miles on the clock. A) i would say no. B)depends on your needs.
  • twovolvotwovolvo Member Posts: 12
    Got a quota of $31.3K + tax and tags for a new 2008 XC90 AWD with Premium pkg, Climate pkg, Versatility pkg after Volvo loyalty, Costco and gift card. Is this good enough? Thanks.
  • buyvolvobuyvolvo Member Posts: 5
    I think this is a good deal. Is it for a 2008 AWD special edition? Today there is an e-mail said they have another $750 off or they will offer a free 3-yrs services.

Another question is where do you get this deal?

Thanks,
    Thanks! This is NOT the special edition. Where did you get this email? Is this $750 the gift card or a new discount on top of the $750 holiday GC. BTW, this is in PA/NJ area.
    I am not sure what is this $750. The e-mail says "Take an additional $750 off our already low, Internet E-Price!" (I assume that is after loyalty and costco discount). See the link below, there is a new item of $750 just posted. I am very serious to buy one soon. I am in MD/VA. I was told that they only have special edition, which is about $2000 more than your price.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?styleid=100995853&popuppage=o- n
    Thanks. Yes, that $750 is the holiday GC. You can apply this to the car price.
    BTW, the MSRP is $45200 and the invoice is $41872. What is the MSRP for the one you are offered?
    $46,595
    no trade in.
  • sjq08sjq08 Member Posts: 1
    I'm wondering if this is a demo/loaner car or a brand new one. With invoice price of $41872, and $4000 (manufacturer to dealer), $2000 (loyality), $1000 (Costco), $750 (holiday), the price becomes $34122. It seems like you're getting another $3000 off which is a fantastic deal.

But I read from previous post that the Costco discount has to be applied to invoice. Is the dealer aware of it?
    It's a brand new one. Already talked to Costco auto program about this. Not necessarily you have to pay the invoice price to get qualified for the Costco $1000. It is up to you and the dealer to negotiate the final price.
    Brand New, 5 miles on meters.
    '
    Good Luck.
    Thanks, volvomax. Also, I was just wondering when purchasing an xc90, can you use someone elses Costco membership to get the discount on the car (my brothers) or does the membership have to be strictly under your name? This is because I became a member after the Oct. 31 cutoff date and hoped to still get the discount. This is probably wishful thinking but I just wanted to make sure if I can or cant.
    Thanks again.
  • lalmirchlalmirch Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Just wondering if this is a good deal or not?

seven seater with climate and premium MSRP is 43,350 discount from invoice 2,800 incentives of 5,750 selling price of 34,800 out the door for 37,797
    It's a brand new one. Already talked to Costco auto program about this. Not necessarily you have to pay the invoice price to get qualified for the Costco $1000. It is up to you and the dealer to negotiate the final price.

Not true. Costco reviews each deal. You pay invoice minus the incentives.
    No, you can't. The person who has the membership has to be on the title of the car.
    We have to send copies of the buyers order and the delivery report to Costco.
    08 XC90 V8
    Ember Black Metallic
    W/ Climate Package, BLIS
    MSRP $51095
    Invoice $47,442
    Purchase Price $35500 + tax and title
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Almost 12,000 below invoice? unbelivable, which dealer are you buying from?
    In Philly area. It's the last brand new V8 they have.
    Just curious, which particular dealership did you buy from? Because I saw this same exact vehicle at Red bank Volvo in NJ (about 90 min from Philly) 2 wks ago, but did not pull the trigger. It also was their last V8 from the 08 model yr. Maybe this is just a coincidence. At the time, they were selling for $37700.
    It's a philly local dealer, different one.
    Price seems rather unbelieveable for a purchase.
  • barbara16barbara16 Member Posts: 15
    We must be completely crazy for considering updating our 03 XC90 (Turd) for a 09. We were looking at the Buick Enclave but since Buick might be just a memory next year, the Volvo is probably a better choice. Hopefully Volvo has resolved the many mechanical issues that plagued us with the 03. Volvo currently has many incentives and I just received another one for complimentary scheduled maintenance. We are thinking about leasing for the first time, instead of purchasing, once again due to the uncertainty of the auto industry. Lease vs purchase?
    Any advice out there?
    I forgot to ask if the gas milage has a significant differnce between the 6 cyl and the 8 cyl?
    Only 1 mile difference per gallon between 6 cyl and V8 for the 2008 models.
  • CStewartCStewart Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys!
    I'm looking for a car to replace my 2000 Honda Odyssey and came across this Volvo:
    2004 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD
    78,780 miles
    Black on taupe leather
    Moonroof
    CD Changer
    Heated seats
    $13,977 + TT&L
    Is there any chance I could convince the dealer to go lower or is this as good as it gets? Also, the dealer's site claims its CPO but Volvo's site doesn't have it. Any insight would be appreciated!
  • tatonka12345tatonka12345 Member Posts: 1
    Wife and I bought a 2008 XC90 Special Edition today (Chicago suburbs) for $34,500. This price includes the loyalty bonus (2000), 750 bonus, Costco bonus (1000)... I thought I got a pretty good deal....
    If you have not made the purchase yet, do your self a favor and check out transmissions. The 03/04 T6's have been a problem (know about it first hand) Can not offer any info for the 2.5, but highly reccomend looking into there history.
    Good luck!
  • kichumkichum Member Posts: 2
    2008 XC90 V8 Sports (navi/tech/blis/climate/convi/dvd)
    38500 for 3 years lease with residual value 17K

I am trading my 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD (climate/prem/conv) with 21K miles , the trade in value is 19K

Is this good deal?

Thanks
    Nandhan
  • jim314jim314 Member Posts: 491
    Have you found the 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD deficient in some significant regard, or is it that you just want a new vehicle?
  • kichumkichum Member Posts: 2
    It has few more options/new and thought the price is good.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Your are being killed by the trade-in value
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    A FWD car like that goes from anywhere between $14.5-19K at the auction.

The AWD goes from $19.5 - 20.8K. They are offering just below wholesale.
  • shymanshyman Member Posts: 6
    don't see this as better than some of the other prices
    was at the deal last week and was offer a 09 cx90 AWD with prem, winter and convenience for 38K ...sticker was 47K
  • mdxfan5mdxfan5 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I negotiated the following lease deal for an '09 XC90 3.2 AWD with the Premium package, Climate package, Versatility package, and Bluetooth -- would appreciate some feedback and opinions (especially from Car Man)!!

Term: 39 mo.
    Miles per year: 12,000
    MSRP: $47,300
    Selling Price: $34,672
    Residual: 36%
    Amount due at start: $3,000 (Taxes, tags, first payment, and some capitol cost reduction)
    Amount per month: $545

What do you all think -- Good deal? Previously, the lowest I could find this same car was for $3,000 up front and at least $635/mo.

Thanks!
  • calbears1calbears1 Member Posts: 54
    Not sure if this helps you put your deal in perspective. My friend just leased the 2008 XC90 3.2 Special Edition AWD (6cyl) for $440.00 a month (tax included) with $1,000 at signing. This deal expired on 12/31 because it was through US bank.
  • mdxfan5mdxfan5 Member Posts: 5
    wow, that is a great deal, especially since there is virtually no difference between the 08 and 09. are 08 models still available for lease?