Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• floyd_dfloyd_d Member Posts: 5
    Thanks. What did the dealer want for it (not the list price but his discounted sale price)?

In my situation it is 2010 XC90 3.2L AWD with options listing for $44.8K. Dealer is asking $39.8K with just under 5000 demo miles. I don't think they'd be willing to go as low as $34K but it might be worth trying, I suppose.
  • tonysaktonysak Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys, thanks for helping me.

My local dealer has a demo 2010 XC70 T6 14,000 miles on it. It has the premium package (leather and a sun roof) and the climate package and its the Turbo version. The sales man said I could get a significant off MSRP but he listed the MSRP as $46k when its more like $43k (who works off MSRP anyway).

What do you think I should offer him? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what his dealer cash, and dealer holdback is, in addition what to deduct for the mileage. Its the end of the month! Any feedback would be greatly appropriated. I'm also in new england if that matters.
    I'm having a hard time w/ negotiations. It is hard to find pricing metrics for demo vehicles. I did find this article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Are-Dealer-Demo-Models-Really-Good-Deals?&id=1123016

I offered $36.2K for a 2010 XC90 w/ MSRP of $44.8K w/ 5000 demo miles. It was rejected flat out. They are holding steady at $39.8K. That seems like not enought discount for a "used" car since $3K of that discount would come off even for a new car. An addtional $2K off for a car with some wear and less warranty and maintenance plan than new seems like not a good deal to me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Let's stick to the topic...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone have any info as to how this news will affect Volvo's lease program?

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/f_vlkay_volvy_geely-completes-acq- uisition-of-volvo-car-from-ford-1084089.html

I've called three dealers yesterday and they all gave me the run around on leasing particulars.
  • ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    FYI - I was just told from the dealer that the MF is .00199 and the Residual is 51%
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ethansdad. So far, the acquisition of Volvo by Geely has not had a significant immediate impact upon its lease program. Volvo runs all of its special leases through US Bank. It did away with its captive finance company, Volvo Finance, a couple of years ago. It seems to me as though its recent lease offerings are not as aggressive as they were when Volvo Finance existed, but the Geely acquisition doesn't seem to have had an impact upon things yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Is this a good price or not?

2011 XC 90- 3.2, AWD, Climate, BLIS, Wood Wheel, Ice White ext, Sandstone int.
    MSRP - $42,875
    dealer is asking - $40,840 (about $200 above invoice)

Edmunds has no info for '11s and Truecar says this is overpriced. Dealer is throwing in about $300 is accessories (cargo mats, etc.) free of charge

Are there any Volvo incentives (besides loyalty) for the 11s? I see a APR of 2.9% is available for a 2010 according to Edmunds but I can't find any info on volvo.com to confirm that or to see if it's applicable for the 11s.

I'm hoping to tap into the group's collective wisdom to get advice. Thoughts?
  • gvolvogvolvo Member Posts: 8
    I am in NY and received a quote of 41,300 for the same car even down to the color. I think the car should sell for 40k. Hopefully someone else who had some luck buying a 2011 can chime in.
  • thericktherick Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am interested in a Used 2008 XC90 V8 Sport w/ AWD with 32,000 miles on it. The dealer has it listed for $35,900. Does that seem like a decent price???

KBB has Suggested Retail Value as $35,835; Private Party as $32,735.

Thanks for your help!!!

- The Rick
    I got a Boston dealership to go down to $40,500 for a 2011 Ice White XC90 with sandstone interior, wood wheel, climate, and BLIS.

When the car arrived off the boat and I went in to pick it up, my wife fell in love with a showroom silver metallic 2010 XC-90 (black interior, climate, BLIS, *no* wood wheel). I did what any normal husband does...bought the silver one. $39,800 was final price, but I next added rubber cargo and floor mats, and paid for satellite radio option (which is now freely included on the 11s)
  • heinzleheinzle Member Posts: 1
    I got my Certified Preowned 2008 XC90 V8 with 24,000 miles on it. Comes with 6 year/100,000 bumper to bumper for $34,000 - I believe it was listed at $38,000. I kept showing Edmunds price and they kept showing me KBB's price. I told them I was looking for a deal and I'd walk if I didn't get it. I countered at $32,000 and got the $34,000.

Loving it after a couple of months still :-)
  • thericktherick Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Heinzle, that's very helpful!!! Much appreciated.

- The Rick
  • rocco_drocco_d Member Posts: 6
    R-Design
    AWD
    Electric Silver
    Off-black interior
    Climate package
    Multimedia package

MSRP 47,025 + 250 Ad Fee
    Invoice 44,505
    Price offered: $43,800 + TTL.

Any opinions? Good deal?

Also have found a dealer with an identical 2010 + BLIS + bluetooth (the last remaining 2010 silver R-Design, I've been told, in the country). Something's a little fishy, though, as others dealers say it is not listed in the national inventory, indicating the dealer probably took title of it.

MSRP 47450
    Price offered: 42900 (that's after 1000 dealer incentive AND 1000 customer incentive) + TTL

I would think the '10 would be discounted more deeply, but the sales manager thinks he has me hooked at this point, so may take a week of making them wait to get the price down further. I'm going ot push for 39500. 2000 in additional incentives between dealer and me, plus a closeout model.

Right now, with only 1000 savings on a '10 (with a full year of depreciation practically built in) and an '11, the '11 is a no-brainer to me, especially with integrated bluetooth (instead of a hideous after-market add-on) and 2.9% financing which, if paid off a year early, adds another $500 in savings.

Any thoughts?

Good deal?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers.
  • mnr49mnr49 Member Posts: 7
    Black Base
    Black Leather
    BLISS
    Climate Package

Here is the deal I just got: Awesome experience!

Price was $38,247 with the Volvo owner loyalty ($1000 credit). Was also offered 2.54% financing vs. the 2.99%.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    ..back to Volvo XC90 pricing...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2010
    The debate I just had with the guy posing as a dealer is probably better off having been deleted, although had you left it up, I think there's something to be learned for inexperienced buyers about the lengths and depths a dealer will go to perpetuate the myth that there is a fixed price for cars and that you should start your negotiating at a point the dealer would deem acceptable.

I just got an '11 XC90 R-Design for 1400 below invoice WITHOUT being eligible for volvo loyalty. How? I emailed every dealer within 100 miles. I started low and stayed low. I worked with the internet sales manager. I went up in increments smaller than the increments they came down. I let them know I was serious buyer prepared to buy immediately. Now, if I was afraid of "insulting" the dealer and had I started at a point where the dealer was already in the black, I would have spent $1000 more than necessary.

I also had a trade, but got exactly what I should have according to Galves and Edmunds TMV. So why did they do the deal if they're "losing" money, like most dealers would claim? Because they're going to make at least a few hundred on my trade, if not a thousand+, and two hours of work via email and phone cost them, what? Nothing. Maybe when I pick up the car they'll put the hard sell on tire and wheel insurance, or maybe they'll put me under hot lights and try to get me to pay for rustproofing, who knows. What I do know is that aggressive negotiating by a serious buyer willing to engage with up to ten dealers over a wide area can and often will yield results.

Best of luck.
  • jagz2400jagz2400 Member Posts: 5
    Thats because that was the dealer hold back. The dealer cost was another 1400 dollars below that. If you had been eligible for Volvo loyalty then you would have been at around 2400.

The dealer uses the extra 1400 for things like ad fees and assisting the floor plan for the dealer.

With relatively no trouble you can use the dealer hold back which is 3%.
    Internet deals are simple, Typically its just to keep your dealer honest as anyone can reach that number with little trouble Rocco.
    Also, that guy obviously wasnt a dealer.

As far as the tire and wheel package, I have it for every car I have, its great. In my location there are tons of pot holes and nails that manage to get into everything. a new tire on my motorcycle was 415 in total. The 299 Tire and wheel package WORTH IT.
    If there's a 1400 holdback with no other dealer incentives or support, and I'm buying for 1400 below invoice, isnt that roughly dealer cost? You're saying there's another 1400 in margin? I'd find that surprising. I'm not eligible for loyalty rebate.

I'd probably be wise to wait for some more aggressive incentives, but unless they offer 0% apr or several thousand in cash, a few hundred dollars isn't worth the uncertainty. And one never knows when the safe+sound will end.

I think it's a very good price, especially based on local dealers input and failure to get within 500 of the net deal.
    With Volvo there is a 7% hold back.
    Which equals on a FWD XC90 2674.00 dollars they receive for profit

A net deal would be - 2674.00 under invoice with no incentives.

So roughly you had another 7-800 hundred bucks you left on the table. Assuming they would sell it to you at that, which they probably wouldn't unless they were scared of the car or had it around forever.

As far as 0% manufacturers use that to get rid of the cars you otherwise would not consider buying. You will not get several thousand off on allowances on a XC90 anytime soon. Again, its used on a ploy because they have too many on the market and they are trying to get rid of them.
    edited October 2010
    7%!? I've never heard a figure so high. 3%, yes, but 7? You've got to be jerking my chain. And there's no other trunk money published anywhere. Granted, I'm not an industry insider...

I've already agreed a price with the dealer so I'm going to honor it, but just curious.

7%? I dont see how that's possible. And once a car has been sitting for three months the holdback has been eroded anyway (which doesn't apply here because the car's still in transit)
  • ctdanctdan Member Posts: 38
    Does homelink come standard on the 3.2 XC90? If not does anyone know what the dealer would typically charge for this to be added?

Thanks
    Current incentive of 2.9%/72 mo. + 1000 loyalty "expired" Nov 1. Anyone know of upcoming incentives, APR or cash back (or dealer incentive) through the rest of November 2010 for 2011 models?

Thanks.
  • indiebandsindiebands Member Posts: 2
    Can't speak to discounts in the US, but the discounts they are offering in the UK are pretty impressive a the moment -- options packages for free, basically -- to the tune of ~25% discount from list including options. For perspective, check out http://www.drivethedeal.co.uk/
    Good luck!
  • neozneoz Member Posts: 5
    Our Volvo salesperson tells us to wait for Costco program which starts Nov 2. So today, I took a look at it and found basically the pricing is:

Invoice + $850 (destination) - $500 (now) - $500 (after the deal)

I mean Volvo also has the loyalty program which is another $1000 off.

I am really not good at negotiating but it really is a lot of money so I convince myself to try.

What should be my bottom line price? How much below Invoice + Destination? Is destination charge something you can negotiate away?

Any other tips besides do it towards end of the month?

Thanks a lot!
  • finallyxc90finallyxc90 Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a need-to-get-off-the-lot 2010 XC90 V8 with premium metallic paint, BLIS, Sirius and Bluetooth (the later two are standard in the 2011 but not in 2010) with a sticker price of 50,700 for 43,047 and the dealer threw in the back cargo mat.

We actually went to the dealership to buy a 2011 V6 with the Costco program (quote for V6 with climate, AWD and metallic paint was 39,107). Quote for 2011 V8 without BLIS was 45,987 with Costco which was more than we wanted to spend. Buying the 2010 saved us about 3K off that price plus we got BLIS, putting the car in the "meh, more than we wanted to spend but V8 is nice so we'll take it" category.

So far I'm really happy with it. We already put on a thousand miles on it over the weekend and it drives like a dream. The only problem I have is that my Recaro child seats do not fit properly due to the non-moveable second row headrests.
  • buzzsawstanleybuzzsawstanley Member Posts: 2
    Dealer wants $35,500 for a 2010 xc90 w/5,000 miles inclusive of Navigation & Backup Camera Good Deal? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Buzz
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    V8 or 3.2?
  • buzzsawstanleybuzzsawstanley Member Posts: 2
    It is for a 3.2 AWD. I went to the dealership today and this car was fully loaded which they didn't state in the internet ad. Therefore, I ended up getting this XC90 mint condition w/ $5000 with the following Volve installed options:
    Navigation System w/ backup camera
    DVD Entertainment
    BLIS
    Bluetooth
    Remote Start
    Trailer Hitch

I personally thought it was kind of mistake so I jumped on it for the $35,500. What do you think? Again the car is in perfect condition.

Thanks
    Stan
  • alex2010alex2010 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

I am shopping around an XC90 2011 FWD v6 with BLIS and climate package. Invoice price is 37,318 ( = 35,908 + 658 + 752). I got a quote of $36,000 plus TTL. The above price includes destination and all other charges.

Is this a reasonable price?

I do not qualify for the loyalty incentive, but can get the Costco $500 discount.

Thanks for any input!

Alex
  • carguy2400carguy2400 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    More then reasonable. as long as its 1318 under before the 500 dollar COSTCO discount.
  • tlb5tlb5 Member Posts: 44
    so perhaps i missed my chance ignoring the costco deal - but my wife's S60 doesn't come off lease until early may so i thought it was too soon to get her the XC90 in jan. now it seems that between all SIX (6) nearby bay area volvo dealers there are a total of 10 XC90s on the lot, none configured how she wants it. anyone know what's going on with the 2012's and why are inventories so low on 2011's?

thinking if i have to factory order need to start working on that now.

also, does anyone know the current MFs and residuals for the 2011 R-design XC90s at 36 and 48 month (12k mileage)? thanks much in advance. these forums helped me so much the last time around when i got my infinity G35x!
  • realitytodayrealitytoday Member Posts: 1
    Any style changes for the XC90 in the making?
  • tlb5tlb5 Member Posts: 44
    Still wondering what's going on with the 2012 models but even our local dealer doesn't seem to know. So, giving up on that question, does anyone know the residual/mf for a 2011 base model, awd at 36 and 48 months, 12k miles per year?

Thanks!
  • bdewittbdewitt Member Posts: 13
    Anyone bought an XC90 latley?? It doesn't seem like anyone has posted for a while... The wife and I are picking up her 2011 White XC90 R-Design AWD on Saturday... and to be honest, we didn't get a ton off of sticker... but she loves the car.

Sticker was $47,275
    We paid $44,600 (including $1,000 loyalty)

Any thoughts????
  • chuckbern1chuckbern1 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased an 2011 XC90 R Design on April 16th. Sticker was $45,500 and I paid $39,625 with the loyalty rebate of $1,000.
  • calvino1calvino1 Member Posts: 2
    looks a great deal, would you mind share the location/model/option information for this purchase?
  • chuckbern1chuckbern1 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    I purchased the 2011 XC90 R Design car at Volvoville in Huntington, NY. The sticker was $45,025 and my price with the loyalty discount was $39,625. It had the AWD, climate package,BLIS and premium Electric Silver metallic paint
  • calvino1calvino1 Member Posts: 2
    thanks Chuckbern1! The dealers in Seattle do not even want to touch the invoice price.
  • bangaru1bangaru1 Member Posts: 1
    Any one buy one of these recently? I think 10-13k is fair value for one of these but dealers seem to disagree. If you traded in one of these or bought one please share the prices. Thanks

2004 2.5 T AWD no Nav -$10500
    2004 2.5 T AWD Nav -$11000
    2005 2.5 T AWD no Nav -$11000
    2005 2.5 T AWD Nav -$11500
    2006 2.5 T AWD no Nav -$12000
    2005 2.5 T AWD Nav -$12500

Agree or Disagree? Spill it!
    We are thinking of buying a used 2008 or 2009 xc90 from dealer. So far we only searched around on carmax.com. I wonder if anyone could suggest some good ideas or things to watch out. Any advice is appreciated.
  • bitenmeinbitenmein Member Posts: 4
    carmax is a decent place for a good deal. But be wary of the condition of the car. I had mine shipped from Fl to Los angeles @ non-refundable $1000. I asked the normal questions regarding its condition to the dealer in Fl. They said all was fine. Got the car about 2wks later and whatyaknow. Paint is scratched, leather is stained, the car is filthy and one of the ball-joints is bad. The guy on LA is like what noise? as we drove over speed bumps in the parking lot. Mind you none of these were deal breakers, but the audacity of the sales man was to the point where I wanted to say FU and I'll see you in court for my $1000. But my wife wanted this V8 sport with the white seat and black edge. I would not buy from Carmax unless you have a good understanding of cars. Did by the extend warranty for 2k as volvo is pretty costly to repair even though its rated well by consumer reports. It was $1600 just for the ball-joint another $500 for the stuck Cd in changer(under warranty) cheers
  • 1235512355 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2012 XC90 3.2 AWD, Premium Plus, BLIS, and Climate, white for $41,800. Love the vehicle!
  • apj74apj74 Member Posts: 4
    is this including tax?
  • 1235512355 Member Posts: 3
    That is before tax, title, and license.
  • chokamichokami Member Posts: 1
    About to become a first time Volvo owner. Looked at the Q7, MDX and Highlander Hybrid. For our specific needs, the XC90 seems to offer the best match in terms of features and pricing.

Would appreciate any feedback on the price we received:

2010 Volvo XC90 R-Series
    AWD
    Platinum Package
    Climate Package
    Blind Spot Nofitifcation Syste,
    Black Sapphire Exterior
    Black/Grey Interior

Sticker is $49,225 and they are asking $45,754.

Thanks in advance.
    we changed our mind and wanted to buy a new xc90 instead. we were told by dealers that Volvo stops building 2012 and will accept orders for 2013 xc90. but it is still 2011 now. makes me wonder if there is something going on with the 2012 batch. any thoughts? Thanks.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Nothing wrong with the 2012 batch. Volvo starts building the next model year around the first of the year and introduces them in early spring. So 2013's go into production early in 2012.