Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vegasxc90vegasxc90 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Christian,

I moved from Sacramento to Las Vegas, you do not have many choices as far as Sac is concerned, You have Winter Volvo off Florin and Turner Volvo off Arden. I have delt with both, however not in the purchase arena. We have had our Volvo serviced at both places, Turner SUCKS! took the car in and had a major service, I told service manager of noise from AC compressor and to please check, he said he checked and all was ok, 3 days later when the AC clutch assembly blew-up (literally) and cut some tubing I was not happy with the techs diagnosis. Turner was like bummer. Winter was good. If I were buying a new Volvo though, I would probably go to the Bay Area, much more competition for your business. We bought ours from Orange County Volvo in OC. The Las Vegas dealer was very unwilling to negotiate as they are the only game in town, and I suspect you will get that from Turner / Winter. We also had a bad experience with a salesman from Turner... asked him to tell us about the XC90, and his reply was what do you want to know? If I am thinking of buying a $45K vehicle I want to know everything you know and then some! Also Berberian in Stockton, but they are a small dealership that sells Mercedes / Volvo, and I am not sure if they sell BMW or not??? Only other suggestion, do lots of homework, and in my case we used the Internet big-time and see if you can settle on a deal before even visiting them?
    This is just my .03 so good luck and the XC90 really is a great Vehicle!
  • Options
    christianchristian Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice. I went back over the board and found your post 369. That's the type of info I'm looking for. Would you send me the details from 369?
  • Options
    christianchristian Member Posts: 3
    I've read several posts regarding Ford's A/X/Z Plan discussion and wondered if anyone has made a comparison between Costco Executive Membership plan and the Z Plan. Any updates out there?
  • Options
    philoskingphilosking Member Posts: 4
    Need to know where to find pricing for a XC90: Base Model with only the reverse driver assist package on it. Someone has offered to buy my wives 2001 V70 for 15K and I think that is decent so she wants the XC90 to replace it. I live in Eastern Washington and only have one local dealer. The dealer has the upper hand since he knows more than I do, please help.

Thanks
  • Options
    lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    Volvocars.us has the MSRP info. Edmunds.com has both, MSRP and invoice info, and it was not unusual for people to buy XC90 at or just above of the invoice. I personally think, that you can always negotiate something like $500 over invoice.

Also, if you like travel and do not mind waiting for 4-5 month to get your car - I will highly recommend the Overseas delivery program - see Volvocars.us for the details.

You buy your car at several hundred $$ below invoice + you get two round trip tickets to Europe free + you get to drive your own car there saving on rental.

I've done it twice and love every bit of it. You will find quite a few people here on this board, who shares my opinion.
  • Options
    Thanks Lev, I have seen that the best price does tend to come from the overseas program and we were planning on do the program but the problem is that the only reason we are selling right now is becasue a family member needs a new set of wheels and our car is the target of theri desire plus price range.

I have looked for the invoice on Edmunds.com but can only find the 2004 info. Do you know where they are hiding the info?

The lowest quote I have been given is the OSD 34,565.

Thanks
  • Options
    mer928mer928 Member Posts: 4
    I am shopping for a lease for an XC90 in the miami, fl area and would love some feedback as to what I have been told and what you think?

2004 2.5T
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    Metallic Paint
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Reverse Warning System
    18" Allow Wheels

48 month lease, 12,000 miles/yr
    $517.99 a month (includes tax)
    $1692.15 (incl 1st mo., plates and fees)
    This lease includes maintenance

IS THIS OK?

There is an ad on the volvo website that offers a lease for 36 months, $399 a month plus tax, $3995 down, 10,000 miles, no maintenance.

Which do you think is better? Thanks for any feedback.
  • Options
    golfgti201golfgti201 Member Posts: 12
    Seams a little high to me, maybe if it wuz 500 even wiht 1500 down, it might sound better, or maybe a T6 base for the same price, without all the options?
  • Options
    I honestly do not know why Edmunds does not have an invoice info on 2005 models, they might not be officially published yet, but you can safely assume that invoice is about $500 over the Overseas price (at least it what it was just a short time ago for the 2004 models).

And you can go from there. I would try to negotiate something between OSD+500 to OSD+1000, and consider it as a good deal. Keep your eyes on remaining 2004 cars, 2.5T and T6 are practically the same.
  • Options
    jr8jr8 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new 2004 XC90 T6 August 30 and here is what I paid in Southern Cali.

- Vers. Pack.
    - Prem. Pack.
    - Climate pack.
    - bi-xenon
    - reverse warning
    - wood steering wheel
    -destination

All this came to $41K, MSRP is $47,095 and invoice is $44,309. I probably could have done better, but didn't have the time to deal too much.
  • Options
    phaworthphaworth Member Posts: 20
    Look up my message #12883. It was available labor day weekend only but it will give you an idea about yours.
  • Options
    I posted a message a few messages up about what I was offered for a lease deal. I have been able to haggle down to the following by calling several dealers. Would love to get your feedback...

2005 2.5T
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Metallic Paint
    Wood Steering Wheel
    18" Allow Wheels

36 month lease, 15,000 miles/yr
    $507.00 a month (PLUS TAX)
    $1270 out of pocket(incl 1st mo., plates and fees)

This is obviously better as it is an 05' for 36 months instead of 48, 15K instead of 12K miles, with less monthly and money down....... BUT IS IT GOOD ENOUGH TO BUY? (south florida area)
  • Options
    I posted a message a few messages up about what I was offered for a lease deal. I have been able to haggle down to the following by calling several dealers. Would love to get your feedback...

2005 2.5T
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Metallic Paint
    Wood Steering Wheel
    18" Allow Wheels

36 month lease, 15,000 miles/yr
    $507.00 a month (PLUS TAX)
    $1270 out of pocket(incl 1st mo., plates and fees)

This is obviously better as it is an 05' for 36 months instead of 48, 15K instead of 12K miles, with less monthly and money down....... BUT IS IT GOOD ENOUGH TO BUY? (south florida area)
  • Options
    lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    I will check on that info for you to see if there is a date that they do get those published?
  • Options
    lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Try this page in the Help section above. It will give you more information on how and when Edmunds gets their pricing. http://help.edmunds.com/cgi-bin/edmunds.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p- - hp?p_faqid=103&p_created=1069290224 Hope this answers your question.
  • Options
    archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    Sounds pretty good. Which dealership was this at?
  • Options
    damuthadamutha Member Posts: 2
    Pricing came up on Edmunds a few days ago. I used it to help get a 2005 2.5T AWD, Magic Blue/Taupe, premium, versatility, climate, rear assist and wood steering wheel for $41,500. After I put down a deposit I had another dealer offer it to me at invoice (about $300 less). This is in Boston area.
  • Options
    coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    Damutha...please tell me the name of both dealers.
    I am also shopping for the XC90.

Thanks,
    Copper
  • Options
    xc90buyerxc90buyer Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market to purchase an xc90 over the next few weeks and am looking for opinions about the 5-seat vs. 7-seat decision.

We don't absolutely need the 3rd row--we only have one child and she's just an infant--so we are not yet running her all over town with activities and friends.

I think the 3rd row would be nice to have, but I'm worried that it really cuts into the 2nd row leg room. Any opinions out there from 3rd row owners or anyone making the same comparison? I would not want the 3rd row if it means adults using the second row feel like the leg room is cramped.

Also, I live in the Kansas City area. I am a Ford X-plan member so I know I can buy the car at roughly 2% over invoice. I've had one dealer quote me $500 over invoice...which is about $300-400 less than the X-plan price. Does this sound like a good deal? We only have a couple of Volvo dealers here--so it's not like the competition in California where I see some of you have gotten well below invoice.

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • Options
    The 3rd row does not effect the second's leg room, when it's stowed away. The second row has the same placement in both versions. The leg room of the second row, when it is moved back all the way is fantastic.

I always thought that my S80 has a lot of leg room on the back, but XC90 exceeds it considerably.
  • Options
    damuthadamutha Member Posts: 2
    Bought it from Lee Volvo in Wellesley. Better (but late) offer came from Tasca in Seekonk. I would recommend trying Tasca first---they were super-responsive and came in with a great price from the get-go. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you Damutha!
  • Options
    First and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone for all the info/help.

My wife changed her mind and now wants a 2005 XC 70. I have priced the vehicle out and d dealer offered me $499 over what he said was invoice but his offer is $1500 over what Edmunds says is the invoice. I have not had this happen in the past but this is the first time I have tried to buy the latest model. A little more help please. The price is above Edmunds invoice but below TMV.

Mike
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Well, it sounds like you're at a point where you'd take the vehicle as he's priced it, since it IS under TMV. If you consider that TMV is the average price paid in your area, then you're doing better than average.

If you still want to work on the numbers with the dealer, go back and do a TMV report again, making sure you've got all of the options listed so that your report is accurate. Then print out the report and politely show him the Edmunds.com invoice price, and let him know how much over that invoice price you're willing to pay.

It *is* a new model year vehicle, so if the dealer doesn't have many others on the lot, he may not be willing to part with it for less, figuring that someone else will pay more for it in a few days.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Thank you that is very helpful
  • Options
    jr8jr8 Member Posts: 4
    I got this deal from Calabasas Volvo, but you can probably get it from others as well.
  • Options
    e12q14e12q14 Member Posts: 1
    jr8,
    I would appreciate very much if you could tell me the dealership you bought your XC90 T6.
    Thank you.
              e12q14
  • Options
    sueharbsueharb Member Posts: 1
    2004 XC90 2.5T
    FWD
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    $37250 + tax
    This is San Francisco Bay Area.
  • Options
    I got a deal of $200 above invoice for a 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T. This is an unbelievable deal in my opinion for a new model year vehicle. The only problem is I don't want to take delivery until the end of October because that's when my current lease ends.

The dealer told me I need to take the car by the end of this month to get this deal. Should I take this deal now and eat the last payment on my current lease? Or is there a chance that I will find another deal like this next month? Are there incentives on these 2005's already?? Very strange that they are discounting them so early in the new model year.

Copper
  • Options
    archaicrelicarchaicrelic Member Posts: 8
    If there is a manufacturer to dealer incentive, chances are the it is greater than your one month lease payment for them to agree to $200 above invoice. I'd just go for it and buy it. However, there is a chance that if there is an incentive, it might get extended to the next month. Which dealer was this at?
  • Options
    Lee Volvo
  • Options
    phirestormphirestorm Member Posts: 2
    The wife and I are seriously looking into purchasing the XC90 after we were blown away on the test drive. The dealer told us this crazy thing that Volvo does: Fly you over to Sweden to pick up your car, put you up in hotel, and pay insurance on the vehicle while you drive it in Europe? From reading this post I would say that that scenario may in fact be true? If so, what is the catch? Do you have to pay an import tarif or tax? Or is that all factored into the purchase price?

Thanks
    Phil
  • Options
    dcstretchdcstretch Member Posts: 5
    That seems like a very good deal, judging from my experience down here in DC, where the floor seems to be 2 percent over invoice. Not that that's an unfair asking price either, it seems to me, being well under Edmunds' TMV for the new '05s and about the same as the final TMV for the '04s -- despite all the fire-sale deals that were written in the last few months to get those off the lots. There don't seem to be a massive amount of XC90s on the ground here right now, which may be a factor.
  • Options
    larscalarsca Member Posts: 60
    It's called Overseas Delivery (OSD). More info can be found at http://www.flyvolvo.com/
  • Options
    adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    re oversead delivery, there is no catch, other than that you need to actually go to the factory to pick up the car. (you can't simply order from the factory and then have them ship it to you )

I guess maybe having to eat the Swedish cuisine could be considered a catch

:-)

(seriously, there is a pastry place about two blocks from the hotel that is worth flying to Sweden for)

I guess the other "catch" is that you don't just plop down your money and drive you car home the same day - from the time you take delivery, it takes 4-6 weeks for the car to get to your local dealer, depending on when you drop it off
  • Options
    You have a choice of about 20 delivery points around Europe, so you are pretty flexible planning your vacation.
    But the factory delivery has it's own charm. So we did Factory twice.
  • Options
    Anybody know what the security deposit for Volvo Finance is? One dealership said $500, and another said $575.

I'm going for the max multiple security deal, and this will be a $750 difference between the two.

Thanks,
    Copper
  • Options
    phirestormphirestorm Member Posts: 2
    Not quite sure how Swedish food is, but my mom's from England and the fish-n-chips will be within throwing distance. The pastry in Sweden will be an added bonus. I think they, Volvo, might be getting another lifelong customer. :-)
  • Options
    titaniumgraytitaniumgray Member Posts: 1
    Titanium gray
    Premium
    Versatility
    Touring
    Climate
    Wood steering wheel
    Bi-xenon headlamps
    Reverse warning
    Cargo net
    $45000+tax (SF Bay Area)
  • Options
    You can pick your Volvo up in London, if you do not mind to drive on a "wrong" side of the street.
  • Options
    dan0361dan0361 Member Posts: 3
    We just drove home our new Volvo XC90 and couldn't be happier with the price and purchase experience at Calabasas(CA) Volvo, Internet Manager was great. He even changed tires from Pirrelis to Michelins on request. Deal we got:

2005 White FWD
    Versatility package + Premium package +Dest.
    Price=$37,300 + Tax and License
    Close to $800 under invoice
  • Options
    leccolecco Member Posts: 7
    I am very interested about this program but I have a few questions: Can you haggle price with them like to do with dealer? or is this a fix-price deal? Also how is tax calculated? No sale tax will be great!
  • Options
    We have a whole topic dedicated to this process, called European Delivery: Experience, Advice & Info. You can also do a search on the keyword "tax," and you'll get answers to the sales tax question.

The tax process varies from location to location, but in many places, you pay tax when you register the vehicle if you don't have proof that you've already paid elsewhere.

kirstie_h

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Options
    stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    Which KC dealership did you use?
  • Options
    georgesgeorges Member Posts: 2
    I prurchased a XC90 2.5T with AWD, metallic paint, premium package, versatility package, navigation system, rear parking assist, climate package for $400 above invoice with 1.9% financing for 36 mnths. How does this compare to other purchases in the Bridgewater area? I could have gone through the X-plan, but that would have been approximately $875.00 above invoice.

George
  • Options
    stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    What was the MSRP?
  • Options
    bkg101bkg101 Member Posts: 5
    Titanium gray 2.5 AWD
    Premium
    Versatility
    Climate
    Reverse warning
    Running Boards

$44.4K out the door.
  • Options
    aaaedgarpoeaaaedgarpoe Member Posts: 107
    IIHS's recent article on mismatched bumpers is of interest. Does anyone know of the xc90 and xc70 bumpers are the same distance from the ground. If so, then I might just go with xc70.

I know xc90 is very safe, but its center of gravity is on the tippy end of a four star rollover rating -- true stabilty control help, perhaps helps a lot. A google search of xc90 rollover accident' turned up nothing.
  • Options
    For that question, you might check in our regular Volvo XC90 SUV discussion, since this one is mainly about pricing & purchasing experiences.

kirstie_h

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Options
    azjacketazjacket Member Posts: 3
    I just got a quote in phoenix, az for a 2005 fwd 2.5 titanium gray with 7 seats. My company can get ford xplan price. Dealer xplan price quoted was 38125. He says he will sell it for 37351. Edmunds invoice price says 38238 and TMV price says 40367. This seems like a good deal on this car. Any other recent experience in the southwest on XC90 pricing and input on this price? Thank you