Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 90info90info Member Posts: 7
    05 2.5T AWD
    premium, premium sound, climate, wood steering, 18" wheels, versatility, rear kick plate, xenon lights and metallic paint.

no charge for versatility, that's the promo

msrp - 43,220
    quote - 41,335
    out the door with tax, title etc. - 44,600 (in jersey)

hope that helps, respond for more info.
  • bing330ibing330i Member Posts: 89
    I did my BMW through European Delivery program, with discount over regular ED price ($1200 over ED invoice). Has anyone done it for the Volvo OSD? Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might check out the general European Delivery discussion as well.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jaybjayb Member Posts: 1
    New 2004 XC90 T6 AWD
    255 miles
    Silver Metalic Paint/Graphite Leather
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Versatility Package
    Climate Package
    Bi-Xenon Headlights
    Reverse Park Distance Control
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Rubber Floor Mats

MSRP is $47,545.
    I'm not sure what invoice is (anyone know?).
    I'm paying $42,240 + tax & tags (with no junk fees) - Dealer in MD.

Thanks, Jay
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You can see invoice pricing here for your area.

You can also get there by clicking the "new cars" tab at the top of the page. Looks like you're doing well, though - below invoice from what I can tell.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bk0001bk0001 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2005 T6 AWD (FULLY loaded except navigation) for for the following:

Cap Cost = Dealer Invoice ($44,017)
    Term: 36 Mos.
    Miles: 15K/yr

$750/mo
    $1500 at close, including 1st mo lease

Since I knew they were still making $1806 for the Versatility Package incentive, I ended up negotiating them throwing in wood trim ($895 their retail) and a 9" DVD (crazy $2495 their retail - I would have waited for the sweet dual 7" headrest factory-installed option for $1995, but that would be a custom order and not until January at the earliest).

They also ate the $940 bank acquisition fee, and because of good credit I got my money factor "down" to 1.90 (higher than I would have gotten at BMW, but BMW is crazy agressive, and 1.90 for Volvo compared favorably on LeaseCompare). Residual value after 36 mos of 60%.

For all of this, I paid $300 as cap cost reduction at close, plus TTL and first months' payment for total at walk-away of $1500, and $750 per month.

For this deal, I could have financed a higher priced car at a dealer like BMW, but this fits nicely with my $750 car allowance and I feel happy.
  • mxmmxm Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I bought the following car in San Francisco on 10-31-04:
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD
    Climate Package
    Premium Package
    Versatility Package
    Park Assist Rear
    Magic Blue metallic paint
    MSRP is $43,870.
    I paid $38,500 for the car, plus $3,372.69 for sales tax, $45 for doc. prep. fee, $305 for license fee, and $5 for California tire fee. The car has only 8 miles and it comes with Michelin 4x4 Synchrone tires. The whole transaction was very smooth through a fleet/internet sales manager.
    Hope it helps those are still looking for a deal in San Francisco bay area.
    Thanks, Michael
  • hawaii1hawaii1 Member Posts: 25
    as everyone says it is. I am in the car a lot driving kids aroud, have chronic back issues and want to know how owners find this car to be comfort wise? Does the drivers seat feel as comfortable as it seems to be from just sitting in it for a test drive? Thanks for any advice ahead of time.
  • lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    Volvo in general, and XC90 in particular, has the best seats in the world, IMHO as well as the testimonies of dozens other contributors here.

The room at the second row of seats (in 5 seat version or with the third row folded) is truly amazing, almost limousine-like.
  • hyacinthhyacinth Member Posts: 2
    mxm,
    can you pls let me know the sf bay area dealership from which you bought your xc90? seems like a good deal.
    thanks...
  • jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113
    I've had the car for over 2 weeks. The driver seat is very comfortable for cruising, but too flat and slippery for cornering. Back/lumbar support is very good. I just wish it had more support on both sides. The seats in my friend's S60 sport are perfect. I also really liked the sport seats in my old BMW, but these are totally different cars than the XC90.
  • dolphindolphin Member Posts: 71
    Volvo makes the best seats in the world. Simply go and sit in them and you will immediately see what many have said previously. Any new car I have driven has resulted in the same thought: 'If only they had Volvo's seats in it...'
  • mnmatchesmnmatches Member Posts: 111
    I totally agree with the seats needing a little more lateral support on the back and bottom. but other than that.. the time I've spent in them cruising around town has been a delight. Now all I need to do is plan a long trip and see how fatigued I get!
  • frankserfrankser Member Posts: 2
    i was torn between an rx330 and the xc90. ended up going with the xc90 because of safety and price. this is the first time we have ever leased a car. the details:

2005 xc90 fwd
    5 miles on it
    versatility and premium packages, wood trim.

msrp is approximately $40,950. capitalized cost was $36,050 + $795 acquisition fee and $399 dealer fee.

our lease is for 36 months/15,000 miles/year.
    we put $4,500 down which included acquisition fee, dealer fee, first month, tax, tag and title.

payments are $380/month which includes florida taxes of 6%.

we love the car but are pretty disappointed with the gas mileage. i knew it would be bad, i just didn't think this bad. the sticker said 18/23. through the first week of ownership, we are averaging 13.9 miles/gallon according to the trip computer driving pretty much around town.
  • kenora123kenora123 Member Posts: 2
    The local volvo dealer advised me that Volvo is offering a 7000 C$ rebate on the remaining 2004 XC90 T6 in Toronto. Has anyone else heard of the rebate and can I get a better discount on top of the rebate
  • gold233790gold233790 Member Posts: 183
    Give it time. You can't realistically judge the mileage you are going to get in the first week of the vehicle. It's still breaking in.

Give it a month or so. Our mileage on our 2.5t AWD was horrific for the first few weeks, and has settled in at about 17-18 city and 20-21 highway. I can live with that for a relatively large SUV.
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    They had similar rebates on the remaining S60's. You can't Finance the car trough Volvo Finance if you take the $7K rebate.

It's a good deal, I doubt you could do any better than that!
  • ktrktr Member Posts: 1
    I was just at a Volvo dealer and he offered C$8K rebate.
  • stan36n121wstan36n121w Member Posts: 4
    Ok, I think the following offer is fair, but my wife thinks we should try to do a little better. Help me convince her we're doing alright. The dealer stated the offer without a word of haggling.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue Metallic Paint
    Premium, Convenience, and Climate Packages
    16" Xenia Alloy Wheels

MSRP: $40,660
    TMV: $38325
    Invoice: $37,881
    Dealer Offer: $36,881

I told her a $1000 under invoice is a good deal. Right?

Stan in Northern California
    I bought it from Royal Motor Sales through an internet sales manager.
    Good luck.
    Michael
  • volvogirl1volvogirl1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone bought their XC90 in Mass/NH? I'm looking for comments on dealerships...
  • wolverine88wolverine88 Member Posts: 5
    I just checked my local dealer, I found they are charging $250 ads. Is that normal? Thanks.
  • clheitclheit Member Posts: 18
    I'm looking for recommendations for a good dealer (in general, and a good salesperson) in the SF Bay Area. I'm not thrilled with the guy we spoke to, and a friend said she'd several bad experiences with the dealership. (We're doing OSD, in case that's important.)

If you have a recommendation, can you let me know and I'll get you my email address?
  • mfranmfran Member Posts: 1
    sounds good to me...what dealership did you work with and buy from?
  • annallallaannallalla Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I went to Don beyer Falls Church VA last week and they offered me the

XC90 AWD 2.5T with

metallic paint,

premium package,

versatility package,

climate package,

and rear parking assistance

at $ 37,915.

How do you think am I doing with this offer ?

Thanks
  • muleclemmuleclem Member Posts: 2
    annallalla,

I'm also looking in the DC area...did you have to haggle with the dealer or was this their starting offer. Also, does this price include the $685 destination fee.

I've ran the numbers and this is a great deal...I've put the invoice, TMV, and OSD for this configuration..you're beating them between 2340 to 4320, depending on which one you use.

Please let me know...

vr,

Mule

Invoice for this configuration $42,004 -4,089.00

TMV for this configuration $42,235 -4,320.00

OSD for this configuration $40,255 -2,340.00
  • annallallaannallalla Member Posts: 2
    Mule,

It seems there is only a processing fee of $273, and no delivery fees, I specifically asked the dealer about that.

I should buy the car this week end and I hope to be able to negotiate a little bit more.

good luck to you

Annallalla
  • djlnydjlny Member Posts: 2
    You should be able to get a few additional hundred off. I have ordered (delivery on 12/30) the same configuration except for Black Paint (Non-Metallic) at a cost of $37,202. The Metallic paint should cost and extra $300+ and no processing fee (although their is a State Tire fee ($12.50).

Good Luck.
  • port1port1 Member Posts: 6
    2005 XC90 AWD

Premium

Versatility

Climate

Rear park assist

All inclusive

Dealer quotes $39,201. Is this a good price?

With Bi-Xenon it bumps to $40K.

I see people have better luck with other dealers. Comments please.

Thanks
  • zspenzspen Member Posts: 5
    I assume this is a 2.5. Seattle area dealers are advertising $3K off MSRP. I haven't gotten serious about negotiations yet but get the impression that on available inventory they would go at least another $1K. Looks like your quote is closer to $5K off MSRP. I'm not sure you could do any better at the Seattle dealers. Which dealer gave you this quote?
  • tinkantinkan Member Posts: 1
    The literature I read, stated that the 2005's would have the tire pressure monitoring device as standard. I have not seen any 2005's with it. Does anyone know what the status is?
  • muleclemmuleclem Member Posts: 2
    Annallalla,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently in Vegas, but moving to DC, so I also checked here. I offered the dealer the price you were quoted, they said no and offered me 39500 instead. I told them I would not pay that and they let me walk away, so I guess there are much better deals in the DC area...looks like I'll be buying there when I arrive. Thanks

vr,

Mule
  • mthmth Member Posts: 18
    I just got a quote from my local dealer on a 2005 XC90 2.5T AWD with the following options:

Premium Pkg

Versatility Pkg

Climate Pkg

Wood Steering Wheel

Parking Assist

Black (non-metallic)

10k a year

$428 a month for 39 months with $1,200 in lease loyalty down payment plus another $500 down. So, out the door $428 month with $3,430 out of pocket ($695 bank fee, taxes, first month payment plus the extra $500 down)

Seems like a good deal to me - anyone else have any thoughts? The XC's sticker is about $44,800, initial cap cost is about $38k and change. Thanks - Matt
  • volvobugvolvobug Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering where you heard of these price reductions. I was at a dealer in Lynnwood today and the salesman said nothing about these reductions!
    The XC90 we have a deposit on actually had a sticker of $43,745, my mistake. Either way, I brought in an ad from Volvo of Smithtown that had an XC90 for 410 / mo. for 42 months with approx. $1300 due at signing plus taxes, tags etc. (This was for a non- Volvo Finance lease, it was Hahn Lending or something)

My dealer (Hassel in Huntington Station, NY)

Said they had two similarly equiped XC90's (plus reverse warning / wood steering wheel) - If I wanted to stay with Volvo finance I could have it for the above numbers.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. We couldn't touch an Infinity G35x with a sticker of only 34,000 for less than 400 a month!
    Thanks - I am waiting to hear to hear from Volvoville.
  • zspenzspen Member Posts: 5
    Try Barrier in Bellevue. They were even advertising the $3000 off MSRP in their weekend newspaper ad. The salesman said the offer is good through end of the month. Keep in mind that the Versatility package promotion from Volvo makes up about $1800 of the reduction.
    The free versatility pkg is only available when financed through Hahn finance I'm told. If you lease through Volvo Finance it's not included.

The XC90 AWD we are about to lease had a sticker price of 43,745. The initial cap cost that the lease is based on is approx. 38,000. I called a couple of other dealers and no one can beat the price. Seems like a pretty good deal.
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Got a deal from the internet manager at Royal Motors Volvo:

2005 XC90 2.5T AWD

Magic Blue metallic

Premium Pack

Versatility Pack

Climate Pack

Park Assist

3yr or 36K mile free scheduled maintenance

MSRP: $43,870

Internet Only Price: $38,490

This is the best deal from the four dealerships near my area, without having to go in.
  • lumber2lumber2 Member Posts: 184
    Tried Boston Volvo Village (YUK) and Lee Imported, who I didn't like them first time around much better second time. We've bought both Volvos from Dalzells in Dedham . Treated really well both in Sales, easy price agreements reached both times.

Service is good, always someone there getting a 150k service or something similar.

That says buckets about their way of doing business
    When we went to sign the papers last night for the '05 XC90 2.5 AWD lease, the business mgr. asked us if we wanted to lower our monthly payments by putting down multiple security deposits. For example, if we gave Volvo finance approx 7 security deposits (approx $3,000), it would bring our payments down to $396 / mo. saving about $32 / mo. The money is held in an interest bearing account and returned at the end of the lease. Since it is security deposit, it is not lost if the car is stolen like a down payment is. I know it's always better to keep your own money when leasing, but by 'depositing' $3,000 with Volvo Finance, I could save $32 times 39 months or $1,248 dollars - that seems like a better investment than leaving my money in the bank. Anyone else hear of this??????
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    It is unbelievably good on the deposit deal. As you said, the deposit is in an interest bearing account which will be returned to you at end of lease, so the $32 monthly saving is in fact additional "interest" paid to you on the $3,000 you put down. You are getting about 12.8% anuual rate plus whatever rate on the time deposit. I would definetly go for it.

Even without the refundable deposit, the $428 monthly payment for a 39-month lease sounds very good. Wondering what was the MSRP and capitalized cost on the car, and did you have to pay any cap-reduction (non-refundable deposit)?
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    I used the same deal on my 2 Volvos. The money I save on the monthly payments is equivalent to a return of 12% on the money I "loaned" to Volvo. Much better than leaving money at the bank.

You should go for it!
    The extra security deposits sound good to me too. BTW, the MSRP on our XC90 was 43,745. I think the initial cap cost was around 38,500.

2005 XC90 AWD with premium pkg, climate pkg, versatility pkg, reverse warning and wood steering wheel, Black / Taupe from Hassel Volvo on Long Island. They are a good dealership - it's our third time leasing from them. Every three years we look at Infiniti's and always feel like we are being abused with their secretive payment calculations. The best quote I got on a 2005 G35x with a sticker of only about $34,000 was $400 or more for 42 months with higher fees.

For the third time in a row, I think it's a pretty good deal from a dealer that is literally 5 minutes from my house - 10K miles/yr, 39 months, 1,700 down (1,200 of that is Volvo loyalty money for leasing another Volvo).

Matt
  • tomw8tomw8 Member Posts: 6
    I received a letter from my local Volvo dealer saying they were offering an unadvertised special sale to loyal customers (not open to general public) on existing inventory. The letter said the special sale would offer vehicle purchase prices at the same rates that the dealership employees get.

Does anyone know approximately how much additional discount employees typically get relative to invoice compared to what the rest of us pay?

Thanks

Tom
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Leased a 2005 XC90 2.5T AWD last month from Power Volvo in Irvine with below options.

2005 XC90 2.5T AWD

Metallic Paint (Ruby Red)

Premium Package

Versatility Package

Climate Package

Park Assist

MSRP: $43,870

Selling Price: $38,690 (capitalized cost)

60-month lease for $431 a month with no down pay.

I had the best buying experience with the internet manager at Power Volvo in Irvine. Not only did he quote the best price haggle-free, but also provided honest and unbiased answers to all your questions. The entire transaction was handled efficiently and professionally. Highly recommend.
  • bigwebguybigwebguy Member Posts: 1
    i just paid 43,097 (includes 1807 versatility package rebate) for a 2005 T6 with:

versatility

touring

climate

dual rear dvd

wood steering wheel

met. paint.

fairfax volvo in fairfax.
    Hey,

I bought the exact same car as yours from the same dealer for $38,500 (see my posts #593 and 606). It was the best deal back then and I guess still it is.
  • accordfreakaccordfreak Member Posts: 39
    I'm thinking about doing a lease rather than buying. Just curious what the residual on an 2.5T w/ premium, versatility and climate after 48 months and 15K/yr. I'm low on up front cash and don't know if it'd be better to finance for 60 or 72 months or lease for 48 and save for the payoff. I tend to keep my cars 120K+ miles and 7-8 yrs. Advice appreciated.
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Leases are good for getting into a more expensive, new car with less up front money, but only if you like to get a new car every three or four years. Leases are also good for business owners that can write off the maintenance and interest payments, as business expenses. Leases also enable some enthusiasts to get into a car that they might otherwise not be able to afford. If you fit none of these profiles, you'll end up unnecessarily paying a few thousand more for your car when your lease is up, while "saving" for that pay off amount. In the long run, you won't save anything.

If you are intending to keep your XC90 for 120K or 8 years, it's more financially sound to outright buy it. You might have to practice some delayed gratification to save for a larger down payment. However, there is a bright side to this. By that time, Volvo might have worked out all the bugs in the XC90, enabling you to actually drive it for 120K miles and 8 years without spending a small fortune on upkeep. Good luck.