Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Navigator Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Welcome to the club. I've got a similar '04 Navigator. Lovin it still, cept of course gas day:>) But yours has the 6 speed tranny and the new 3-valve motor, right? THat should be good for a scosh more power and mileage.

Anyway, enjoy. It's one nice ride.
  • coyote517coyote517 Member Posts: 1
    I have been in touch with 12 Lincoln dealerships in the NY, NJ, and CT areas, and I have been quoted 12 different prices for a 39 month, 45k miles lease on a 2006 Navigator Ultimate with the Elite package, and monotone paint. With $1500.00 down, which includes the first month lease payment, and "inception fees", the quotes have been between $899.00 and $1007.00. MSRP is always around $60500.00. These quotes include
    $3000.00 in rebates. What do you think???
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Does anyone know when the body style will change on the NAV? Chevy/GM is changing in the upcoming year.
  • steve00gatorsteve00gator Member Posts: 24
    the redesign is suppose to be late 2006 as a 2007 model.
  • vpomsvpoms Member Posts: 1
    This is the deal I have been offered in Southern California:

2006 2wd Cashmere tricoat with Elite Package and second row bench
    $1200 drive off, $726.36 for 36 month and 15K a year. There is somekind of special for the first 200 Navigators sold in Southern California region.
  • qwazrqwazr Member Posts: 12
    Can anyone tell me if the $2000 loyalty discount applies to Fords as well as Lincolns? I am coming out of an Expedition leased through Ford. Thanks
  • albanypilotalbanypilot Member Posts: 1
    We see that the 2006 Navigator now allows for power running boards and the 2nd row middle seat instead of the console.

Where would I start looking into buying the parts to convert our 2003 Navigator and remove the console?

Our Navigator only has 22,000 miles and we'd be taking a steep hit ust to get the third seat although with three kids in cars seats I'm taking a strong beating from the wife to make a change.

I was hoping to be able to work with the parts counter and buy the seat but they were no help and in fact gave BS info because they did not want to be bothered.

Info Please :-)

Dave
    Dave;

Why not contact some wrecking yards? There were only 2 interior colors so your chances of finding the right one are good. Although I think there were a lot more console 2nd rows, you still might find what you're looking for. Pull all the mounting hardware too.

Also, you could try wrecked Expeditions. Seats would look diff, but would be functional.
  • navidrivernavidriver Member Posts: 1
    Did you have any luck? I got one dealer to quote me a price, but another dealer told me it could not be done (thought I do not think he checked).
  • herc76herc76 Member Posts: 52
    I was thinking about trading-in my 02 Navigator but the dealership is saying they will give me $11,000. The Blue Book value is $14,220. I know it's a hassle selling a vehicle. But would it be better to sell the truck?
    Thanks!
  • herc76herc76 Member Posts: 52
    I'm looking at trading my 02 Navi for a 04 Ultimate that is loaded. The value of the 04 is $34,580 that has 33,000 miles They are going to sell the Nav for $31,451 after taxes. They are only giving me $13,000 for my 02 that has 72125 miles. I was trying to get them to bring the price down. Do anyone of you think I can get the price of the vehicle lower or my trade-in higher?
    Thank you!
  • walkwalk Member Posts: 1
    I just took our 02 Navigator to Carmax to find out they would buy our truck for. I was giving pricing for an 01 Navigator with them stating that "although our truck is an 02 it's born on date is 11/01 and they have to go with that". Is this right? We have always been under the understanding that our truck is an 02. Any advice would be appreciated. :confuse:
    Dont be ridiculous. Look on your registration/title. Does it say 2002? Then its a 2002. U can probably trace the year of the car thru the vin number too. This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Methinks carmax means max profit from buying your car. Walk away from them is my advice.

Why dont u sell it yourself?
  • dubbsy01dubbsy01 Member Posts: 19
    Just bought an 06 ltd ed ultimate w/ nav rear ent the works.... 13k miles on it.
    paid $33,855. I'm from Boston,Ma can anyone tell me if I could have done better?
    thanks
  • heritagetechheritagetech Member Posts: 1
    I got at 2004 ultimate 4x4 Here are the specs:
    -Premium Audio
    -Rear Entertainment Sys
    -Power Liftgate
    -Power 3rd row
    -40/20/40 2nd row bench
    -Merlot Paint Job
    -Dove Pearl Leather
    -Tow Package

Too much to list, all options except Navigation sys.
    Got it for $26,000 46,000 miles.
    Good deal or not? I thought so
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    Sounds like a good deal. We bought a certified pre owned 04 Ultimate with 44K miles last week, it had everything except the appearance package and power running boards (which you couldn't get with the 2nd row bench, apprantly). It was listed for $30K. We paid $29K, but we also got $1000 more on our trade than we should have (that was the way they wanted to negotiate), so it was really $28K with full trade in value. I probably could have done a little better had I done more homework in advance. But we went there looking at an 06 Mountaineer, and just liked this better when we looked at it
    Hi;

As the owner since new of an '04 Ultimate w/everything except power running boards I think u folks both made a great decision and paid a fair price. I think you'll both love your Navs. We love ours. (It's Merlot and Dove Greay also.)

Sure, we wish the mpg was a bit better, but it's not that much worse than a Mountaineer would've been and the Nav is a lot bigger. I towed a Toy Hauler RV trailer from Ca to Kentucky and back with mine last year and it was a great trip. Couldn't have done it with a Mountaineer.

IOW, Enjoy!
  • dcoverdcover Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased an '03 Navigator Premium edition. 53,000 miles for $22,000.

Really like the vehicle so far.
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    Hasn't anyone purchased a NEW Navigator.

I was looking at purchasing a 2007 and thought that I could get some recent ideas about prices from this website but it seems from the lack of interest that no one bargains for the 07 Navigator.
  • rogerlawson2rogerlawson2 Member Posts: 1
    purchased an 07 navigator may 12th and took delivery same day.list price was $544000.paid $48782.it has navigation sys,elect deploy running boards,20" chrome wheels,towing pckg,sirius radio/6disc cd,power fold r seats,and power lift gate all extras.got it in plano tx. David McDavid Lincoln Merc.Ihave a great and knowledgeable salesman. cntact me at rogerlawson2@aol.com
  • encinoomniaencinoomnia Member Posts: 48
    I was wondering if I got a good deal or not....
    We didn't have much time to do a reseach on this car.
    16,000 miles 06 limited edition navigator paid $39,000.
    No trade in. Any opinion appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  • xxaznvtguyxxxxaznvtguyxx Member Posts: 4
    rogerlawson2 , Is your price OTD or $48K plus taxes & title?
  • 08navi08navi Member Posts: 2
    Absolutely loaded. MSRP of $60595.00 Leased it at $57600.00
  • krs2krs2 Member Posts: 1
    Here's what I'm looking at purchasing: private party 110,000M, interior in fair condition (marked up from two car seats), exterior excellent condition, sun roof, heated/cooled seats/ adjustable pedals, etc. $10,500 needs brakes. Any ideas? Are these reliable or are there issues usually after this many miles?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • johnnie2timesjohnnie2times Member Posts: 4
    car man-
    I think I did pretty well on this lease.......I'm happy with it. I originally was not even looking at Navigators and fell into this one. I was orginally looking at Mountaineers, Explorers, Pathfinders, Armada's. I found nothing under $440 with tax with about $1500 total out of pocket for a 24 mo. lease.

This is what I bought last week, S. Fl. dealer:
    2008 Navigator 2x4,
    24 mo. lease
    MSRP 43,508
    invoice 37,503
    residual 28,706
    lease rate .25
    money out of pocket $3700 (about 1500 more than I would I liked but, it includes taxes, fees, title, 1st month etc.)
    trade in value $1200
    Monthly payment $399 with tax

I have the X plan but it didn't help much because the deal they were running was lower than the X can offer, although they credited me $200 for having it.

It's a gorgeous ride, I'm very happy with it. After going around from dealer to dealer for a week, I had enough. So......what do you think? Thanks in advance!
  • johnnie2timesjohnnie2times Member Posts: 4
    whoops , sorry --that was the msrp of another truck I was looking at.

The Navigators MSRP is: $48,655; all other figures are accurate. Thanks again!
  • suzybeansuzybean Member Posts: 1
    ok here's the scoop...I have a chance to buy an '07 Nav L new from dealer for $42,500.00 but I have to decided today!!! Help please!

it doesn't have DVD, Navigation system,sirius/THX.
    I will pay for it (if I'm getting a good deal), not financing.
    It has all the other bells and whistles.
    I'm buying so we can transport 4 adults & 4 kids comfortably on road trips & outings...any and all help is greatly appreciated!
  • bobbycarbobbycar Member Posts: 12
    I purchased a used 2004 Ultimate 4X4 (not sure if it has the monochromatic paint - but it has everything else) with 39k miles & 47 months old (1 month left on warranty) with a lincoln extended warranty included with the vehicle (72months/75k miles) for $22,950 ($25,500 with taxes & registration). The extended warranty, which I was told by the dealer, "stays with the truck", has been a godsend. So far, $8k in warranty repairs.
  • riverdaveriverdave Member Posts: 2
    I had a 2000 Lincoln Navigator and while I was on vacation the A/C compressor blew up. I took it to the ford dealership (no lincoln dealerships in this small town) to have it fixed, and saw an 06 Navigator (used) for sale. Instead of having my old Navi fixed I just ended up trading it in, and getting the 06

After it was all said n done, with them paying off the balance on my old truck (owed 5K) I ended up getting a fully loaded 06 Navigator on Weld 22's (new tires) for 23,500.00 43K on the odometer. The truck is flawless though (looks new in and out).

I think I might have paid a little too much due to the mileage? How bad did I do.

RD
  • bigtbigt Member Posts: 412
    I was going to purchase a Ford Flex as I have a large family and we need to take a 6 hour drive around once a month. Now that I am hearing Nav prices around 10-20k off the norm now I am thinking that perhaps it makes more sense to pick up a Nav. Since this will not be a drive everyday car perhaps this will work. I know right after the election that gas will go back up but so be it. My question is what out of this list do you think is the best deal or should I go for a new one that is around 15-20k off MSRP.

2005 - 39k miles Sliver, with Elite package: $ 22,495

2007 - 30k miles, Black, with Elite package and 20" wheels: $29,950

2008 - ? miles, White, with Elite package, $ 34,951

2008 - 125 miles (demo, boss drove), Silver with everything: $39,816
  • bigtbigt Member Posts: 412
    I almost feel like a criminal. In fact the dealership called me Jesse James.

Picked up a White 07 Fully loaded with 20", Nav, THX, Elite package with 32k miles on it for 29k. Just came in for a lease, cleaned up and in my driveway within 4 hours of being returned. Rich client drove away the very same vehicle 09. I talked to him and he paid 65k for the 07 about 18 months ago.

This is one nice ride. Traded in my 99 that had 104k miles on it. Got 3k for that. Deal or no deal, I am a happy camper! In fact I got 20 mpg on it which is almost more that I get with my MKZ!
  • nescovernescover Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a brand new fully loaded 08 4x4 Navigator in California with MSRP of $60,115 for only $41,975. This is a beautiful ride and replaces my 06 Navigator that was coming off its lease. I can't believe I was able to replace with a new Nav for only $12k more than my 39 month lease buyout that had 44,000 miles.

They have made several improvements and the ride is much quieter. Go out and get yours before the 08's are gone.
  • kristenrkristenr Member Posts: 5
    nescover:

We are looking to purchase the exact same vehicle... That is a great price!!! Which dealership did you purchase your vehicle through? We also live in So. Cal.

THANKS!
    Kristen
  • nescovernescover Member Posts: 5
    I am in Nor. Cal. We purchased at The Ford Sore in San Leandro. Capital Expressway Ford was $1k higher.

For So. Cal. I know Galpin is a large volume dealer and maybe they can get close. If not, it is certainly worth the drive to save the $$$ I saved. Additionally, the 08 use regular gas in lieu of the premium that my 06 Nav took so I save $6-9 per fill up, a nice bonus.
  • MediatorMediator Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2009 Navigator in Minnesota. I have a big family (6 people) and we're upgrading from a 2004 EB Expedition. Does anyone have any recent buying experiences (price/option) they can share? thanks in advance.

I'm aware that Lincoln shut down production at the original plant and is restarting at a different location - any concerns about that re-start?
  • thefrogmanthefrogman Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2009 Navigator with elite package. The car is a demo with around 6000 miles on it.

My question is how do I go about determining a fair price for "demo" vehicles? The dealer went on about how it had never been titled, and they were legally allowed to sell or lease it as new. They said they wanted to get A-plan pricing for it (minus any applicable rebates, etc), which strikes me as very high for what amounts to a one-year old vehicle, especially considering that I can get A-plan from my step dad.

Is there a standard rate or formula for determining depreciation of such a vehicle? Any help is greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.