Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skierbri10skierbri10 Member Posts: 32
    Had an OK buying experience. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad. In the end I got what I wanted, I new Sorrento.

Price paid with rebates and TTL was $19,900 It is a White LX 4x4 with floor mats and cargo tray included. No other extras. I thought it was a good deal and the sticker was in the $25,500 range.

This was at Osborn Kia in Lakewood Colorado. The Salesman and service guys were good but everyone else at the dealership was lame.
  • carlover20carlover20 Member Posts: 20
    I am in high school and am looking for my first car. I want AWD or 4WD because I live in upstate New York. I have been looking at the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. I have recently come across a Kia Sorento. I like the looks of the Kia better than the Honda or the Toyota but am worried because of the bad fuel economy and underpowered V6. I would get the 2004 because that was the year consumer reports said it was reliable. Can anybody give me any advice on which one to get.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You might also post here: Please help me decide between..., for some more member input.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pescopesco Member Posts: 1
    Hello, thought I'd run this by everybody for some thoughts...

I'm looking at a 2007 Kia Sorento EX 4X4 with Luxury option package. It is a demo with 5200 miles.

They want to sell it for $28k, minus $3k rebate. I thought it was pretty laughable. I think I could probably get a 2008 for this.

On sites like Edmunds I can't get a TMV amount for a new 2007 vehicle. And there aren't any values for Certified Used 2007's.

It seems like there should be a deep discount on a car that's last year's model (especially since the 2009's are about 3-4 months away) and since it was a demo car that has over 5k miles on it, it's just hard to know exactly how deep a discount it should get.

So here's my math, I want to see what people think:

2008 Kia Sorento (NOTE, 2008!)
    National Base Price: 24,790
    Optional Equipment: 2,760
    Destination Charge: 700
    Total for 2008 with options: 28250

Subtract depreciation (10%, pulled out of the air): 2,800
    Subtract mileage ($0.15/mi): 750
    Subtract Cash back from Mfr: 3,000
    Total adjusted total for 2007 model: 21,700

Thanks for any feedback.
  • cheapengineercheapengineer Member Posts: 36
    Okay, so I bought a 2006 Sorento demo (never titled) with all of the bells and whistles in May of 2007 with 5200 miles. This is the same as your situation, just a year later....

Sticker: $31355
    Rebate to Dealer: - 4500
    Net 26855
    Price paid w/o TTL 20800
    Net discount $6055

Basically I got 22.5% off the sticker price after adjusting for the rebate. Using the same math, a similar deal would put your 2007 at $19557. Be sure to check the internet for the official KIA rebate, it may be higher for the year old model.

It all depends how bad they want to get rid of it and how bad you want it.
  • godwheelgodwheel Member Posts: 25
    Just got an estimate on a 2008 Sorrento base LX

MSRP: $21,870

No additional options:
    $15,998 + TTL

Is this good?
  • robert135robert135 Member Posts: 1
    as of this writing, talked to a few dealers, that would go down from the $21,780 on the Kia Sedona LX Base to $20,990 and then because of the $5000 cash back rebate, if you applied that to the price, you get $15,990 + TTL + doc prep (aka "dealer profit") fee.

If the doc prep/dealer profit fee isn't too bad, thats about as good as it gets.

I mean, at least I called all over the place, and most dealers insisted that they were going to include various fee's and options that I didn't want. I only found a few that would really sell the car at this price. Even carsdirect.com came back at $16400 in my area, allthough they are doing the deal at $15990 in the Los Angeles area.

Its definately a standard low end price, but...I searched for three weeks and didn't find anyone to beat it, and I contacted about a dozen dealerships.
  • bfreeman333bfreeman333 Member Posts: 12
    I got a 2008 Kia Sorento with Automatic Transmission and Rear Wheel Drive for $22,250 at Community Kia, with an additional $5,000 factory rebate...making the grand total only $17,250!! I thought this was a great deal, so I figured I'd post it here :)

Check out their online inventory of Sorentos!
    http://www.communitykia.com/inventory/search.php/ID_communitykia/TYPE_new/PAGE_1- /SORTBY_price/MODEL_sorento/
  • bfreeman333bfreeman333 Member Posts: 12
    Haha right after I posted that last messege, a buddy of mine from Florida showed me a link that had a Sorento offered at $18,019!!! With the $5,000 factory rebate on top of that, too...making the grand total only $13,019 if you live in Coral Springs, FL!

http://coralspringskia.autofusion.com/inventory/search.php/ID_coralspringskia/TY- PE_new/PAGE_1/SORTBY_price/MODEL_sorento/

Now I feel dumb for paying so much...but it's not like I'm going to go out to Florida just to get the vehicle! (I live near LA)...
  • car_pandacar_panda Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

We are looking at the new 2011 Sorento but I havent been able to find any information on possible lease specials or purchase incentives. The dealer over the phone said he thought there was a $1,000 rebate. Maybe the car is too new as they just got them in this week - but any info you might have would be greatly appreciated. I hate to go to the dealership not having any info to compare to.

Thanks!
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Member Posts: 90
    I, too, am interested in the 2011. I received an email with a link to print a certificate for $1,000 off if I purchase a 2011 Sorento from dealer stock between January 4 and February 1. I think I got it because I signed up for Sorento updates a month or so ago on the Kia website. The certificate, when printed, has my name on it and is tied to a specific certificate number.

I'm planning on waiting another week before going to online seller websites to get prices for comparison. As far as inventory, my local dealer (in northeast Texas), a relatively small dealer, got one truck load in last Saturday and just got another in today. None of the larger dealership websites for Dallas dealerships have any 2011s listed in their new car inventory yet on their websites.

I'm curious as to how dealers will deal on these, what with Kia giving rebates on brand new model (which dealer I purchase through will not know about until price is reached). That is, is Kia pushing dealers to sell to get car on the road to be seen by also offering dealer rebates or better selection on future inventory--incentives we will not know about? Wish I knew answer to that one.
  • tedmon23tedmon23 Member Posts: 9
    I live in PA and I have received a quote for a 36 month lease on a AWD LX with 522 down the payment is 312 a month and with no money down the payment is 327. I am sorry, but I don't have any of the fine details to the lease, but I hope this helps.
  • dknelson99dknelson99 Member Posts: 7
    I live in Ohio and bought a new 2011 last weekend. I ended up buying the LX model with convenience package, floor mats and cargo cover. MSRP came to 26,130 if I remember correctly. There was a $1,000.00 rebate and another $1,000.00 in customer loyalty because I already owned a 2004 Sorento. So that was $2,000.00 off the MSRP. They came off the sticker about another $1,000.00 so the total was $3,000 off MSRP. I don't consider that a blockbuster deal but I was OK with it. You cannot get the $1,000.00 rebate AND the special interest rate. But you can get the loyalty cash along with the interest rate. In lieu of $1,000 rebate, they are offering 0% up to 36 months, 2.9 for 48 months or 3.9 for 72 months.
  • ohiobillohiobill Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in leasing a 2011 Sorento 4cyl, AWD EX model for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, the best deal I have found was $349 down and $349 a month and I believe this is with $1,000 competitor rebate, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or are there better out there.
  • aggie94aggie94 Member Posts: 15
    They are definitely dealing, even though this is a new car. Before incentives, I bought an '11 EX 4-cyl with premium and 3rd row for $700 below invoice. Final price was $24300 after $1000 competitor rebate and 0% for 48 mo. We have been extremely happy with the car over the last week. It is not a luxury vehicle, but the ride, handling, noise levels, and refinement are head of the group. The 4-cyl is made OK, with 0-60 under 10 sec and relative quiet operation. For the 1st 300 miles on a new engine and mixed hwy/city driving we are averaging 22 mpg - good IMO. A new 200 hp theta engine comes out later this year with direct injection and better fuel economy. It would be good if it made it to the Sorento. The base stereo, on the other hand, sounds average at best, and I am no audiophile. The next package with audio and nav was only $2k more but we didn't need it.
    What was your final MSRP? Thanks for the information it was very helpful.
  • 1hhead1hhead Member Posts: 18
    There must be some Marketing "back end" money for January in addtion to the published $1K cash plus the add'l $1K conquest cash. This week, was offered a deal for a V6 for "a few hundred under invoice and the $2K total incentives" today without any trade-in and without really pressing too hard. This is in the northern Atlanta area...

On the lot this week, they had more of the EX, 2WD, 6cyl vehicles than the 4cylinders for what it's worth. With a new model, they bought a lot of 4cyls in the first "allotment", but apparently the 6 cylinders sold faster. Cherry red and the tan colors seem to be selling fastest.

Drove both the 4cyl and the 6cyl. The 4 is just fine for around town, but the 6cyl is "buttery" smooth and just plain fast.
  • zupermariozupermario Member Posts: 8
    That sounds just about right, but I wonder if theres any good lease programs right now for the Sorento?

Im looking for a 10k / 36 mth, 0 down for a I4 Ex or V6 Ex, interested to see if anyone else got a good deal?
    The best I have been able to conjure up has been on an 4x4 EX, 12,/36mos
    First down $350 a month the average seems to be in the $360 neighborhood
  • 2000accexp2000accexp Member Posts: 5
    Just signed a deal on a 2011 Sorento EX 2wd 4cyl with premium pkg 1 and third row. Bright Silver with black leather. Very sharp. $852 down, $334/mo w/tax, 15k miles/yr. (Mentor Kia, Ohio) Love the tight ride, bluetooth, gas mpg, smooth shifting and quiet engine. Did a lot of test drives in various competitors (CR-V, Edge, Mariner) Best value by far.
    Watch out for the lease turn in charge ($400)on the paper work. Had the dealer write me a reimbursement voucher for that one. Been leasing cars for awhile and never had to pay to return- does not seem right. :)
    It's been awfully quiet here lately... Just curious how folks have been doing lately as we look at end of the month as a possible good time to shop for an EX V-6 2WD... Thanks!
  • nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    Been shopping for a 2011 Sorento. Priced a EX ..FWD Automatic..4 cylinder. Got these numbers from the dealer after a test drive
    MSRP $29795
    $1650...Freight
    $399.....PDI
    $399.....Administration charge
    $299.... Security...glass etching, you know what they can do with that
    $100.... Air tax
    $000 ....Gas tax
    $100.....Full tank of gas and license
    Total ...$32,742
    Plus taxes of 13% for a grand total of
    $36,998
    No incentives, cash back etc., financing 3.9% for 60 months, or 4.9% for 72 months
    This is all before haggling
    Looks like Kia and the dealer don't want to sell these cars. $37,000 for a Kia that has questionable reliability :lemon: and low resale value, Can't look to see how much a AWD V6 would be. ...Welcome to Canada... :surprise:
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Kia dealers are awful here in the states as well. I suggest finding dealers near you who deal fairly and shop them irrespective of the brand. No matter the brand, it's still 4 wheels and an engine.
  • rbald42rbald42 Member Posts: 2
    I too am in the ATL area and was interested to know where you went in north ATL in your previous post? We are in Conyers and trying to find the best deal on a new Sorento
  • rav4manrav4man Member Posts: 21
    I just picked up my 2011 Sorento EX V6 with premium package audio and nav out the door $17,135 at the local Kia dealer.Deal seemed ok. Brand new but it has some rattles in the dash. Anyone else having that problem, I only have 146 miles now on it.
  • leapfrogleapfrog Member Posts: 4
    Also located in NW ATL and would appreciate suggestions on dealerships that are most flexible to deal on V6 EX 4X2 w/ premium package2?
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    edited February 2010
    ? You got a Sorento that stickers at $33 (2wd) or $34,500 (4wd) for $17135 out the door?
  • patyapatya Member Posts: 5
    was there a trade-in involved?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I'm sure that was a mistake even 27135 out the door seems a stretch.
  • _omg__omg_ Member Posts: 2
    rav4man ~!

Include Trade-in? How much invoice price?
  • nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    Maybe 37,135?
  • lad3lad3 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new Kia Sorento, EX, V6 engine, AWD, with PK2 (sunroof, etc.). I paid $31,999 before taxes and fees, and got 0% financing. I got the titanium silver with black interior. I wanted the Limited package too with the premium audio and the navigational system but it is incompatible with the roof rails and I really need the roof rails. I made my choice after 3 months of research. I considered Chevy Equinox, Honda CR-V, Mazda CX 7, and Hyundai Veracruz. The Veracruz was a little too big for my needs and I read some very bad reviews about the quality of this car. The CR-V does not have enough power for my taste. Same with the Equinox: not enough power. Before buying I drove the Sorento for a couple of hours on a highway and on city streets. It has power and acceleration. It handles very well. I found the car to be responsive, behaves well in winding roads at higher than the recommended speeds. For me this is important as I am a Mazda 3 driver. The heavier V6 engine makes the car handling feel a little heavier not only compared to Mazda 3 but also to CX 7 but I really liked the 276 horses under the hood. This is where the Mazda looses the battle for me even with the turbocharged engine which by the way was too noisy for my taste. The Sorento V6 is quieter. Another advantage of the Sorento over CX7 is the space: it feels a more spacious than the Mazda. More leg room for the rear seats and significantly more cargo space. The mileage is also a bit better. I did not like the Sorento maintenance schedule but decided that I can put up with this. It requires, for example a timing belt change after 60K miles compared to the required timing chain life of 180K miles for Mazda. Anyway, after all was said and done, I chose Sorento over CX 7. Five hours later still feel good about it :)
  • rbald42rbald42 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    PIcked up an EX w/premium 4 cyl for 25150 out the door. Sticker price was 26870.
  • iamascientistiamascientist Member Posts: 1
    This past weekend I bought the EX V6 AWD w/ sunroof, leather, etc. package. Total before rebates, taxes, license was $30,300.
  • dobsdobs Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a FWD LX with Convienience and 3rd row. Paid $23,400 before $1500 in rebates and taxes...$23,500 out the door (6% sales tax in MI), so about $21,900 before taxes.
  • bldegl2bldegl2 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased a FWD EX I-4 with Premium and 3rd row seat packages plus dealer add- ons like pinstriping, door edge guards and cargo mat. MSRP was $ 27964 including freight. Paid $ 23671 before taxes. This dealer great to work with, answered my questions immediately, and was extremely helpful. It took all of 2 hours to make the deal exclusively by e-mail. I will pick up the car this week.
    The dealer is in North Central Texas :)
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Can you post the name of the dealer at north central texas please? Thanks. Joe
  • bldegl2bldegl2 Member Posts: 2
    Because of the rules of this post, reach me at my email address for name of dealer and internet rep. Thanx ;)
    eagle2@grandecom.net
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited March 2010
    It is perfectly alright to provide the name of the dealer in these forums. In fact it is preferred as this helps other forum members to get a similar deal or at least know what prices are in a specific town not just a region or state. Just no salesman's name or numbers.
  • sevaseva Member Posts: 5
    I just don't understand how people waste money buying this car for 30 grand.and up .
    Looks like it's good car, no problems with it.
    but KIA's resell value is terrible.
    Such a car will be $22-23 after one year of driving
    Last week this top version V6 all wheel drive brand new 2011 was on eBay.
    The sticker was $35,390, the price at the end of the auction was $25,100.
    Another one -- the sticker -- $22,725, price at the end --$17,100.
    This time reserve not met,
    but Voice of People-- Voice of God.
    I am personaly not going to pay more -- will be waiting for usual for KIA 6-7 grand rebates.
  • MogulmanMogulman Member Posts: 12
    Just got a 2011 Kia Sorento AWD V6 with Limited and Package 2 (Panoramic sun roof), Cargo cover, Tow. MSRP $34,865

$30,250 after 1000 Cash back + $1000 competitive bonus (have a Mazda CX-7 as my other car).
  • dle3dle3 Member Posts: 6
    I bought an EX FWD 4 cyl with premium and limited for 23,800 plus tax, tags and fees. I sold a 2003 Accord EXL-Nav with 150k for $6,500 as a separate deal. The Kia dealership was only willing to offer $2,000 for it.
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Look like you got a good price. What is the dealer location?
    I purchased from King in Gaithersburg, MD. The only thing I really wanted which I was unable to get was the sunroof, but you can't get a sunroof on a 4 cyl, unless I want to add after-market. King was good to deal with...
    For a model with Premium and Limited packages, $23.8K is still $2,000+ under truecar.com dealer cost after factoring in $1000 rebate and $1000 "conquest cash" type Kia incentives on that model. Holdback on the car would be 3% of published invoice so maybe that covers $800 of that $2000 under. If no trade was involved on the vehicle purchase, could you clarify if this was a new vehicle and how you think the dealer was able to make this deal? It seems they were losing over $1200? Are there other incentives involved that you qualified for that would help others understand the $23,800 price?
    On the day of the purchase I was told that the dealership was able to offer this low price due to an 'award' the dealership would receive as a result of their high volume of sales for that quarter in comparison to other dealerships... I was a good deal. I did quite a bit of research to find it...
  • skylawskylaw Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Can you provide the money factor and residual for a AWD EX V6, 36 months, 15K miles a year? Thanks.
  • sorento11sorento11 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    $30,056 includes trade, tax, license, $1000 loyalty rebate.

Trade = $2500 (01 Hyundai Santa Fe 104k miles fading paint, minor rust on tailgate numerous dings, U-Haul hitch)
    Taxes = $2214.71
    Dealer doc - $498
    Reg,TireTax, License Fee, Title = $485.75

add $1,570 for gap @ 72 mths and extended warranty @84mths/100k
  • sorento11sorento11 Member Posts: 2
    oops. Add another $1000 Costco rebate (it was $750 but they made it $1000).

$30,056 includes trade, tax, license, $1000 loyalty rebate, $1000 Costco rebate.
  • red57red57 Member Posts: 18
    Got 2011 ex I4 fwd white limited package,premium package 1 no sun roof 25,998 +lic. from Beaverton Kia Oregon over the internet how smooth it was HAPPY HAPPY. GM better pay attention the train has left the station lol