Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hpelletierhpelletier Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    Please give me your advice - if you can. I did as much research as I could on my own...I hope I'm getting a good deal.

I have negotiated the price of $26,600.00 for the purchase of an '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 26X package, Heated Seats, Adjustable Pedals, Sirius Satellite Radio, Electronic Stability Program.

I have given a deposit, but can back out if this is not a god price. Any comments?

Thanks!
    Heather
  • catluvrcatluvr Member Posts: 4
    Purchased 2005 JGC Rocky Mountain Package with the following
    options:

4.7L Engine
    Tow Group IV
    AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/MP3

MSRP: $32,680
    Employee Price w/rebate: $27,014
    Paid (incl rebate): $26,448

We faxed about nine dealers in South Louisiana. Out of
    the nine, only four or five dealers responded, and of those
    five, only one dealer was willing to negotiate further on the
    employee discount amount: Ralph Sellers Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge in
    Gonzales, Louisiana.

The Ralph Sellers Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership was wonderful with us. For once, a positive car buying experience.

Extraordinarily happy with our vehicle. Drives like a dream, handles like all get-out. Can't wait for our first road trip.
  • brian211brian211 Member Posts: 69
    How's this sound? JeepGC RockyMountain. With dark khaki pearl paint, leather bucket seats, electronic stability, 5sp auto, 4.7v8, quad trakII, Heated front seats, power pedals, xpackage, 28x customer preferred for msrp of 34560, my price with employee is 28700. My figures are I should offer 27,862. What are your thoughts. Claim deal must be done by tomorrow. Also looked at highlanders, envoys and murranos and endeavors. Everyone here glad they went with jeep? Don't want to have some of the problems I've seen on the boards here, like cooland leaking into tranny, cars bursting into fire and all those other horror stories.
  • hpark_homehpark_home Member Posts: 8
    For Message 271 and 272, are we talking about 4x4?
  • spamfreezonespamfreezone Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a 4WD Jeep GC Rocky Mountain Package with the V8 engine on August 1 (which was the original ending date for the employee pricing, though its been extended now). After going to two dealerships which were not willing to negotiate, I found one which said they would accept $750 below the employee price (including the $2000 GC rebate).

The details on the specific Jeep we picked which I mentioned above are...
    MSRP: 34,715
    EP (employee price): 30,798
    EP w/ rebate: 28,798
    Our purchase price: 28,048

Do not believe them when they say there is no negotiation on these prices. Read about it online and you will see there is still plenty of room. Frankly, my goal was to pay $500 below the employee pricing but I did even better than that. Also, the later it gets with plenty of 2005's on their hands, the more desperate the dealers will have to become which means you have more bargaining power.

Good luck all and dont let the man keep you down!
  • jeepsterjeepster Member Posts: 3
    As others have mentioned...you should be able to get 500-1,000 below the employee price and incentives.

I just paid $34,500 for a loaded Grand Cherokee Limited (28k/hemi/nav/dvd/other goodies). MSRP was $42,555, had every option but the skid plates. That's $8,055 off MSRP. I might have been able to push a bit further , but wanted delivery on 8/1, since I wasn't sure if the programs would be continued, since GM had just announced they were stopping employee pricing.

By the way this Jeep deal was far better than the X-plan pricing on a Volvo xc90 or a Land Rover LR3 HSE.

This will be our 3rde Limited and we love them....although the 2002 get rotors every 10,000 miles, even with the caliper upgrade. Jeep dealer replaced them every time for free!

Good Luck to all!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• clickityclickity Member Posts: 2
    Thought I'd share my story today about my purchase of an 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 at my local dealer. After being a bit disappointed at the picked-over selection of 05's left on the lot, I saw a demo that had belonged to the service manager (aka the son of the dealership owner). The demo JGC limited 4x4 was loaded to the hilt with hemi, nav, rear parking sensors, etc and it had 7,000 miles on it. Since this was a demo, it was still being sold as "new" as the title to the vehicle was never given to anyone. They offered to give me the vehicle for $34,000 after employee pricing discount, $2,000 cash allowance and additional dealer offered allowance. After negotiating a bit further, I got them to take an additional $2,000 off of the car and significantly discount an extended bumper to bumper premium plus warranty on the vehicle (7 years, 70,000). Basically I purchased a $42,000 (and change) JGC Limited 4x4 hemi for $32,000 plus discounted extended warranty. Originally they were stubborn and did not want to budge of of the $34,000 price but I stood firm and let them know that without an additional $2,000 reduction in price for consideration of a "demo" model with 7,000 miles, I would walk.

I got a great vehicle for a VERY good price with every bell and whistle offered on the vehicle. Although I have 7,000 miles on it, it is essentially a brand new vehicle and was very happy with the purchase.

So don't overlook any demo opportunities and always ask if they have any demos they are willing to sell.

Good Luck
  • fasteddy001fasteddy001 Member Posts: 13
    Seeing ads that say 5700 off on Laredos. I want to get a limited (non-hemi) and saw that cash back to dealers on 05's is now $4250 or 2750 plus low apr. Anyway does anyone know what I should expect to get off an 05 that is MSRP'd at $37100? I'm in MA and shooting for under 30K . Just sold my 00 JGC limited for $8600- ouch but it needed a new evaporator ($1000) and had 92k on it. How come this board is quiet now? :confuse: There seems to be screaming deals on JGCs
    Local dealer in MA said he'd sell me any limited or Rocky Mtn at invoice + 100 and I would get the 4250 rebate. Example is a Limited which MSRPd at $37,185 and Invoice + $100is 34,566 (as given to me by dealer -need to verify). Subtract out $4250 rebates and finale price is 30,316 or $6,869 under MSRP. Is this a good deal or can do much better? Some peopel seem to be getting $8, under invoice. Any idea how much the dealer gets at invoice? 3% holdback?
  • jeeps4lifejeeps4life Member Posts: 7
    fasteddy001 and Host,

Where do you see the $4,250 rebate? I'm only seeing $3,500 or $2000 + 0% apr on www.jeep.com.
    I came real close to buying a Laredo (base model) during Employee Pricing at the end of September for $20K. That price included a the standard Jeep rebate, a dealer discount below EP pricing and a dealer trade-in bonus for $2000. The trade in bonus was legit too because all I needed to do was trade in any kind of Jeep, didn't have to be purchased there or anything. I told the Manager I was going to go out and buy the cheapest jeep possible for a few hundred bucks and bring that in, he was cool with that. I ended up getting sidetracked with some other things and had trouble finding a jeep for a few hundred bucks.

I figured prices would only drop as '05's sat on the lot even after EP pricing. I haven't seen it yet. I haven't gone back into any dealerships, but advertised prices seem to be slightly higher than before.

I'm also considering leasing a Jeep, but the current lease prices are higher too. The Money Factor in September for 24 months was 0.00126 and the Residual was 57% on 12K miles/yr and 56% on 15K miles/yr. The Money Factor I got from the dealer I called yesterday is lower at 0.0006 but the Resid is now 53% and 52%, respectively. At the same Cap Cost this equals highercosts. Host- Are these similar #'s to what you're seeing? I'm willing to wait a little longer if you think prices are going to drop further as we get further into winter and '05 still remain on the lot, but I also would like a better selection (color, etc.).

What's the lowest starting point on a base Grand Cherokee Laredo? Where does the dealer start to lose money, that's what I want to begin negotiating.

Thanks,

Keith
  • atamiratamir Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Is this a good deal for a brand new JGC Limited with Hemi?

34738.00 sale price

4250.00 rebates

429.86 X 39 months

12000 miles a year for a total of 39000 miles

Due up front on the lease will be: 1134.86 which

Is first payment, security deposit and cap reduction tax.

Thanks!
  • andurilanduril Member Posts: 56
    ...purchased a 2005 JGC Laredo 4x4, 3.7L today in Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha metro area):

MSRP:
    $28,325 base price
    0 pkg 26E
    180 AHT (trailer hitch)
    695 destination
    ------------
    $29,200 total

Edmund's invoice:

$26,024 base price
    0 26E
    158 AHT
    695 destination
    ------------
    $26,877 total

Purchase price:

$26,877 Edmund's invoice
    -3,500 Jeep cash allowance
    -1,677 other discounts (see below)
    -----------
    $21,700 purchase price

plus title and license fees ($10), sales tax, and state reg fee. No other doc fee.

No trade in transaction.

The $1,677 (other discounts) included a $500 military rebate (I am a vet) and a $500 Jeep loyalty discount (I am an owner of another Jeep). My salesman told me about these incentives. I was not aware of them and neither Edmund's nor Jeep (www.jeep.com) currently lists them. Hence, I suspect they may be dealer incentives, only. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

Edmund's TMV for this vehicle in my Zip code: $27,057 - $3,500 (Jeep cash allowance) = $23,557. Thus, TMV ~$1,850 above purchase price. This purchase is the second I have made in the last two years at a price substantially below TMV. (The last - a 2004 Toyota Sienna in Nov. 03).
    Saw one dealer- Midway- advertising an exta $1000 off all Jeeps in a loyalty program. Rebates for 2005 in Oct are as follows, at leastr in MA

3500 off- Jeep Grand Cherokee (any model)
    750 off- for V-8s
    1000 off- Jeep Loyalty

Deal in paper for a JGC with Hemi and Tow pkg (MSRP about 39800) was for 29800 or about 10K off. Good luck for last day shopping in MA. The 05's are getting pretty thin around here.
    I will pick up my new Jeep at Midway in Framingham/Natick this week. Just signed a purchase and sale agreement for a 2005 midnight blue JGC limited. Only options were heated seats, tow pkg and sunroof. MSRP 36,095 and the Invoice was 33,435 (according to edmunds, the actual I think was may be a little lower). I got the following rebates

Loyalty- $1000
    V8- $750
    Standard JGC 05- $3500

Invoice - rebates =$28,125 or about 8000 under MSRP- but there 's more

So I 'm at $28,125 but I strill have a trade in to negotiate. A 2000 JGC limited V8 with all options but with 92k on the odometer. KBB wholesalein good condition was $8,650 but nobody was coming close to that number. The best deal I had gotten from about 4 different dealers was $7500 (actually $7000 but when I told the 2nd best priced dealer about this deal I was getting from Midway they moved up to $7500). Midway gave me $8,800 for a trade in so I figure, there were eating into the holdback on this one. So final amount was $19,307 + my trade. I honestly think they made either nothing or next to nothing on this deal. HOld back was about $1100, which doesn't make up for the 1800 difference in trade in values. Also doc fee was only 149 and includes inspection sticker and gas :P

So what do you think the incentives will be for November- wonder if they'll get any better. THe deals were so good this month, I had to bite.
  • 96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    That sounds like a great deal. I was quoted $5500-7000 for my loaded 99 JGC Limited, Quadra Drive, V8 w/89K miles on it. I could wait so I sold it on my own after five weeks of advertising. I got $9K cash.
  • andurilanduril Member Posts: 56
    ...into the parts department of a Jeep dealership in the Sacramento area, where I live, on Sat. to inquire about trailer hitch accessories for the new Laredo I bought in IA two weeks ago (see my post #282).

Nice sunny and warm weekend afternoon - the kind that usually brings out buyers. The showroom was empty and there was only one "up" on the lot, so I engaged a salesman killing time and asked about incentives currently available on '05's still in inventory.

I asked, "In addition to the direct customer rebates that DC is currently offering customers on '05 models, is the manufacturer providing any incentive to dealers?" He said, "Yes." I then asked if the incentive is a 5% reduction in the invoice cost and he replied that he didn't know, but reiterated that an incentive exists in some form.

It's my understanding that most auto manufacturers grant Edmunds access to internal company Web sites where manufacturer-to-dealer incentives are listed. Edmunds then consolidates this information and posts it. However, Edmunds does not list any such incentive (i.e., marketing support) on ’05 JGC's at the present time.

But other incentives that not even Edmunds has access to can exist. In fact, before the days of direct customer rebates a 5% (of MSRP) discount by U.S. and most foreign auto makers was common practice at the end of the model year. Dunno for certain, but based on my buying experience and that of a few others on this board since the end of Employee Pricing, I suspect that that is the case today, even with the juicy customer rebates. (That should tell you how slow business really is!)

So, when determining the current invoice price of an '05 left in dealer inventory, as well as a reasonable purchase price, I suggest you make the following calculations:

adjusted invoice price = Edmunds invoice - 5% of MSRP (with the destination charge included)

purchase price = adjusted invoice price x 1.03 – direct manufacturer-to-customer rebates

For argument’s sake I assume that a 3% (of invoice) profit, before rebates are applied, is fair and reasonable. Offer 4% if you feel generous, but with a 3% profit your salesman shouldn’t try to work you to death over incidental dealer costs and regional charges, like advertising. (And note that the dealer still gets the usual holdbacks.) Of course, you can try to work deals even closer to invoice. That’s your decision. After all, bus is competitive and slow, and you won’t embarrass yourself in the store if you try.

So...what evidence do I have for a 5% end-of-model-year discount on leftover ‘05’s? Only circumstantial and, yes, the discount could - repeat, could - be greater than 5%.

A message posted last week on the Lease Questions discussion board in this forum described a deal with a 2.5% profit by my calculations. (See my posts #8 and #10 on that board.) Furthermore, when I bought my Laredo two weeks ago my dealer offered a purchase price, before rebates, nearly $680 below Edmunds' invoice. That left the store with about 3.7% profit, not including holdbacks. I didn't even ask for the discount and, yes, I might have been able to negotiate a slightly better price (by $100-$200, say), rather than accept the offer. (Sigh.) I did insist that the store waive its usual doc fee and it did - reluctantly.

Bottom line: just about anyone who can fog a mirror should be able to get a great deal on a leftover ’05 if he or she assumes that, in addition to the direct customer rebates, a manufacturer-to-dealer incentive in the form of an invoice price cut, say 5% of MSRP, also exists.
    In my transaction I said the dealer made close to nothing. However I do believe there must be some incentive I don't know about that will gives the dealer back some cash. The 5% off invoice makes sense becuase the deal was pretty easy to strike- so much so that I have to believe they made some money somewhere. Also I see that many dealers around me are now offering 9k off of any 2005 limited in stock.
  • btriolabtriola Member Posts: 1
    '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.---------- How far will a dealer go below msrp (sticker)? Do the rebates come off best price? This will be a 3yr lease @12,000 miles per year
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    I think they are willing to go down to the invoice, but that is about it. Yes, you still get to apply the rebates to that number.
  • harry0harry0 Member Posts: 42
    I just purchased a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 at Corson Jeep in Hyannis on Cape Cod.
    The base price was was 36005.
    Options
    25K………………………………..1,900
    Quadra- Drive II 4WD System
    Power Sunroof
    Elec LTD Slip Differential Rr Axle
    Elec LTD Slip Differential Frt Axle
    Sirius Satellite Radio with 1-year free service

Trailer Tow Group IV………………255
    7 and 4 pin Wiring Harness

5.7 Hemi Multi Displacement Engine……845
    5.7L Badge

6 CD/ Full Map GPS Display Nav Radio……1,200

UConnect Hands-Free Communication….275

17X7.5 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels………820
    Destination Charge………………………..695
    Total Price………41,995
    This is what I paid for the Jeep.
    MSRP PRICE $41,995
    DISCOUNT 3,222
    NET INVOICE PRICE $38,773
    CORSON BONUS CASH -1,000
    SALE PRICE $37,773
    I had several factory incentive options to choose from.
    1.) Take an additional 2,500 cash rebate off sale price. OR
    2.) Forgo the $2,500 rebate and take either 0% financing for up to 60 months, or
    2.9% financing for 72 months.
    I took the 0% financing for 60 months.
    I traded in my 1998-740il w/57000 miles and got 13,000 for my trade. ( Dealers offer was 11,500 for my BMW. I wanted 13,500. We agreed on 13,000.)
    I was very pleased with the transaction.
  • bigdrakebigdrake Member Posts: 1
    A friend wants to sell me his Grand Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with 100,000- miles on it for $1,000.00 (one thousand) but it needs a new transmission and rear end. He has two quotes for $4,000.00 to get the work done. So, is this a good deal and are there any problems with the 1994's? Would you purchase a 1994?THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS!

Big Drake
  • rheiserheise Member Posts: 7
    I received an offer on a new GC Ltd with Hemi, Nav and Uconnect.

He offered $500 over invoice but the invoice had $600 additional of regional advertising. Is this normal, or is this something that can be negotiated?

Also, the base MSRP was $100 higher than this site and even Jeep's own site. Is this a regional difference perhaps for Illinois, or should I investigate more?

They are offering 0% financing through this week and I want to close a deal in the next day or so.

Thanks for any help!

High Z
  • quickjeepquickjeep Member Posts: 9
    Hello I live in NJ and was wondering if anyone has purchased an SRT8 jeep and what a good deal would be?
    Bill
  • machinedogmachinedog Member Posts: 2
    We baught a grand cherokee limited almost completely loaded except for the HEMI and four wheel drive. Was supposed to be something like $42K MSRP but we ended up after a nights hasseling we braught them down to 38, then 32, and finally 29,995 out the door. :D
  • drpoyerdrpoyer Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 06 Limited loaded.
    Hemi, K package, uconnect, just about everything. sticker was 41995.00 I paid less than 35500.0 with 0% for 60months. This was at or below what the dealer actually paid for the car. They needed 1 car to make unit bonus and I was that car on the last day of them month 3:30pm

Here are some buying tips my father gave me. He and the family have been in the business for 40 years

1) Know what you want. Know the packages and the options, be flexible with the color. Use the internet to shop, save yourself and the dealer the trouble of tying up the sales person. Once you narrow your cars on line, send some emails and get pricing. Online pricing is almost never very good, but its a benchmark. Test drive them all and make your choice. Then start to deal, but not on that day. Don't give the dealer any more info than your contact and licence. Do not let them take up too much of your time.

1) ALWAYS BUY AT THE END ON THE MONTH (This is key)
    you have to find the dealer that is looking for that 1-3 units to make bonus for the month. If they are a ways off, and you can ask, of bonus they WILL NOT cut to the super deal. Most often the manufacture will have a dealer incentive for a car, or option each month The sales persons bonus does not matter here. Its the dealers unit bonus that counts. BTW Hot cars, new models seldom get a good deal.

2) Look at the Manufacture date of the vehicle. Dealers hate to have cars sit. so better deals are given on 30-60-90 day vehicles

3) Never talk about a trade, you don't have one until you reach your price, then deal the trade. Better yet, never trade at the dealer. Its easy but is it worth the 2k they need to skim off the top?

4) Dealer invoice is BS. There are hold backs, incentives and other monies not shown there. Its not a bad price on a hot car, but if your willing to wait and deal down it may be worth it.

5) Financing rate. These incentives offered by manufactures is what brings me to a car. Reliability is important but I seldom keep a car past 75k. Is very important on cars this expensive. the difference between 4.9 and 0 is huge. I wanted a Lexus RX but the money I would have made back at the time of sale was not even close to what I would have paid in interest. Watch out for dealer financing. The manufacturing specials are controlled, but require very good tier 1 credit (scores around 700-750 depending). But when they get you bank financing they often add a point or so. Then they get some profit from the lender each month. This is why dealers tend to only work with a few banks. As rates rise this become easier to hide. .5% is a good bit of money over 5 years

6) Almost any dealer can get the car you want. But if its not on the lot, they will have to DX and trade for it. This will cost you money. Convenience is worth something and you will pay for it

Most importantly do not let the dealer spin you around. They are masters at this. Especially at closing... never buy the add ons (ever): You can get them cheeper somewhere else. An extended warranty is not always bad but you must be very careful. Manufacture extendeds are better than aftermarkets, but always more expensive. If your car is loaded with Nav, DVD's etc... than it may be worth it. Otherwise its not. Especially if your financing it with interest.

Your relationship with the dealer really only begins when you go to service. Its very difficult to get good service from a dealer other than the one you have purchased from. They have to do the work, but they don't have to give you any perks. So be careful with the service department and look for 5 star dealers (Chrysler only here). It does mean something. Since most mechanics cannot work correctly on the new high tech cars at least for a couple of years after the model is out and since most after market parts are not very good. You're going to spend some time at the dealer. Jeep does not reimburse the dealer for loaners so 90% of the time you have to rent. If your dealer gives them out, you have found a winner and that is worth a bit extra in the sale price.

Sorry for the long message... just hope that helps some people
  • micktickmicktick Member Posts: 2
    I negotiated a great deal on our 2006 JGC Overland purchase, which we ordered on March 18 from Morgan Dodge/Jeep in Durham, North Carolina. This is the second Jeep we've purchased them for below invoice (we also bought our daughter a Dodge Neon from them years ago). We did the deal via email and over the phone and I drove over to do the paperwork.

The Overland is loaded with all the amenities and features we wanted-and then some-so we didn't need to order any options.

We agreed on $36,382 net, after the $2,500 rebate was applied (MSRP was $43,375 and Invoice was $39,495). Our salesman said we'd get the benefit of any improved rebates in effect until we take delivery. At signing the rebate was $2,500 and today (5/2) it's been increased to $3,000, so another $500 off the price, which is now down to $35,882!

Here’s the breakdown:
    MSRP: $43,375, Invoice: $39,495
    Price: $38,882 ($4,493/10.3% off MSRP, $613/1.5% below Invoice)

Rebate: $3,000
    Net: $35,882 (17.2% off MSRP and 9% below Invoice)

Net Savings: $7,493

Of course to the net price we added the 3% North Carolina tax and $55 license and registration fees. Our ship date is May 10, so only a few more weeks to go. We've been extremely pleased with our buying experiences with Morgan Dodge/Jeep and will likely buy from them again in a few years.
  • ramdoug2002ramdoug2002 Member Posts: 3
    I am buying a 2006 Liberty CRD. Discussed the exended warranties with the finance guy.
    Offer $1836.00 for extension to 7yr / 70,000 miles.
    I indicated I might have a problem with that as I bought a Buick Lesabre two years back and paid $1635.00 for extended 5 yr /100,000 mile warranty.
    Their selling point was the diesel extended warranties are higher and that this was a 4 wd vehicle.
    I tend to keep a car for a while but I sure don't want to be sucker punched for paying too much for the extended comprehensive warranty.
    Any body had an experiece getting prices on the Libert CRD extended warranty packages ?
    Thanks
  • enedzienedzi Member Posts: 3
    Great advice by Re: Jeep Cherokee (All): Prices Paid & Buying Experience [Sylvia] by drpoyer

It is a great time to buy a big SUV with a big engine! Be smart use this to your advantage. I am very happy with the price I got. Much better than the what I paid for my 1995 Cherokee. I was not very flexible on what I wanted(color options). The more flexible the better off you are.

I live in San Francisco and bought mine at Normadin Chrysler in San Jose. They have been in business for 130 years(they started selling buggy’s). If you live in the area I recommend them.

My Experience:
    · 2006 Limited Hemi 25K package – loaded
    · Electronic infotaiment center – DVD you can patch in your ipod
    · Side air bags
    · Hemi
    · GPS
    · Chrome Wheels USELESS
    Sticker $43,225
    Dealer price ~$35,000
    Price paid $35,143
    Savings from list $8,082
    % off list 18%
    In my case I was thinking $36,000 on a best case and $1000 trade. I got $1,500 on my trade. It was the last weekend of the month. They came down in price real fast. Included in above price is $3,500 rebate. Of that $2,500 was for anybody and another $1,000 if you financed. I was prepared to pay cash but financed $3,000.

Other hints
    1) Read Don’t Get Taken Every Time by Remar Sutton. It gives a great step by step process on how to buy a car.
    2) Use www.jeep.com. Find your closest car at 2 dealerships. If you live in a big city go outside the city, also go to dealers with a large inventory.
    3) Get a pricing report from Consumer reports and price what the dealer has. I heard AAA has this for members.
    4) Buy what the dealer has. Go to the dealer with the car that is the poorer match of the 2 you choose test the waters. This is good if you are trying to trade in or are financing. Walk away.
    5) Go to the second dealer at the end of the month and have a walk away price. Start at a lower model so they think they are up-selling you.
    6) Follow the advice in post 295 Re: Jeep Cherokee (All): Prices Paid & Buying Experience [Sylvia] by drpoyer

Hope this helps and enjoy the trails!
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Check discounted Chrysler/Jeep warranty pricing at chryslerwarrantys.com. This is a dealer in Des Moines that sells the warranties (real factory) at a discount. Check them to keep your dealer honest.
  • maimai701maimai701 Member Posts: 1
    I was hoping someone could help me...
    I'm looking to buy a new 2006 4X4 65th anniversary edition Laredo. This is the first time I'm buying a new car and I'm not really sure what offer I should put on the table. The total price of the one I'm looking at is $30,975. What should I offer up? What should I settle on?
    Thanks for all your help!
  • fingalfingal Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 96 XJ for $2713 from a friend, was advertised for 3 and a half k, so i think its a pretty good deal. Very few problems and tidy inside
  • taugal6taugal6 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to replace a 96 GC Laredo which I loved and was totaled in a wreck (not my fault). I have found 2 Jeeps, test-drove each once and was pleased with both. Would like to eliminate one before I give the other a second look and take it to my own mechanic.

Car Lot - 2000 Cherokee Limited, 4-door, 4WD, V-6 Auto, 117K miles, all power, cruise, leather, CD/cass., remote keyless entry, DIC (driver info center), alloy rims w/off-road tires, excellent condition, $7,000 on the road (which includes 3mo/3K major component warranty). What I don't like: no split glass tailgate (I might be able to live with this); the boxy shape (but it's starting to grow on me). I don't do major off-roading, so I would opt for less tire when it came time to replace them.

Private Party - 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4-door, 4WD, V-6 Auto, 141K miles, all power except seats, cruise, leather, 6 CD changer (which doesn't work), remote keyless entry (he said this works intermittently), newer tires, very good condition, $4,500 (plus $280 tax/title). What I don't like: no DIC; cheap-looking rims; engine made a rumbling sound in idle. I have my own sound system so the CD changer doesn't concern me.

I am leaning toward the 2000 Cherokee Limited, but is it really worth the extra cost? If the engine rumble in the 95 GC is nothing major, I could see myself driving it, being happy, and having more money in my pocket. I am looking for the one that is the better all-around value.

What's a girl to do???
    :confuse:
  • oloolooloolo Member Posts: 1
    just quoted from a dealer in TX
    JGC 4X4 Limited 4.7L V8 MPI with 28K package, plus 17" X 7.5" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels. MSRP is over 39k.

The dealer offered me 31k, including destination fee, plust TTL and Doc fees. Sound cool to me since it is 8k off the MSRP. Considering the Employee pricing, how you guys think about this offer?

Thanks!
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    The results have been tepid and they will resume much larger rebates and additional EOY discounts similar to last year.

It appears that consumers recognize the Employee Price as a scam and they can negotiate to that point anyway. It may save them time but the consumer is interested in saving
    $$ in the face of three dollar gasoline.

Stay tuned for the announcement soon and hold off until you hear.
  • clopezclopez Member Posts: 3
    OMG! I was about to go buy a commander 65th Anniversary Edition for $24,000, Tonight b/c the "employee pricing" ends today!! I was wondering how that works because I didn't feel I was getting a deal from the Jeep dealers. The reason is because they will only offer the same amount off of MSRP (empl.price-rebates) & they won't negotiate any further. I find it hard to believe they are eating the cost on the employee pricing. Souns to me like they are getting what they would get if they sold at MSRP b/c all other discounts and rebates are comming from the manufacture. AM I WRONG HERE? Now that I've seen you're post I'm thinking about waiting...Right now they are only taking off about $4800 (unless you finance through them, u get an extra $1000) which is $2800 off for employee pricing and $2000 factory rebate. How did you hear that they are going to offer better discounts after employee pricing ends? (I've been looking for info like that all over) I wonder if they are gonna offer better stuff starting Sept.1st Labor day weekend.
  • baymanbayman Member Posts: 5
    August 28 I got a great deal on a Grand Cherooke. Leased it at a dealer in a Detroit Suburb. Black 2006 Laredo with the 65th anniversary package and 4.7L V8. Sticker was $33,300. With employee price and various discounts I got it for $25,500 + TTL. No downpayment on the 27 month lease with 10,500 miles. I am not a DCX employee. The salesman said they had to move all the Jeep V8's by the end of the month. This was their last one. All the Hemi's were gone. These forums really helped me plan for this deal. Great help.
  • tishomitishomi Member Posts: 2
    Finally pulled the trigger on an 06 limited with the 5.7 and navigation on Aug 29th. I was looking more at getting a Q7 but with it being first year in production we decided to let them get most of the kinks out first. MSRP on our jeep was 42995 with discounts we leased for a purchase price of 34120 that included all fees and full services for 27 months(the same term of the lease). Over all we have found small reasons to take the jeep for outtings. I must say I am surprised how much we enjoy it so far. I'm just hoping for a happy 27 months and 27000 miles, who knows I may not be getting a Q7 after all later.
    clopez,

Today, Jeep is now offering $4,500 rebate (3,500 + 1,000) against any price you can negotiate which should be about 2,500 off the sticker of the 65th anniversary priced at about $29,000. By waiting you are about $2,200 to the good.
  • jenn158jenn158 Member Posts: 3
    misterep what part of the country are you from? I'm from PA and according to the jeep website, I can only get $3500 off. What is the extra $1000 for?
    Jenn158...

$1,000 is the Loyalty Cash Allowance.

i live in Indiana
  • maxxladymaxxlady Member Posts: 21
    I'm confused now. What price should I be able to get the 65th edition for??
    Maxxlady,

If your 65th has a MRSP of $29,000 then you should pay $22,000 after discount ($2,500) and all rebates ($4,500).
    Thanks for the info. 22k is the price I'm willing to pay, but have yet to get near that offer. I told one dealer that I was offered 24.1 and they wouldn't meet it; I guess they didn't believe me. They called Friday and said that there were new incentives coming out Sept 18, but have yet to hear about them.
    Could you explain more the 2500 and 4500? I see a 3500 incentive and assume the additional 1000 is with financing (at least that's how it was done in Aug). What is the 2500 discount????
    If your vehicle has a MSRP of $29,000 then a very reasonable negotiated price would be $26,500. Some would say more like $25,500. Negotiate the vehicle to $26,500 and apply all appropriate rebates.
    thanks!
  • sundown810sundown810 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a JGC Limited 2006 w/MSRP of 39,090.
    Dealer is offering 36,214 and w/ 3500 rebate a final price of 32,714. Is this a good deal?
    The 3500 rebate ends on 10/2, are these things usually extended or improved at this time of year?
    Thanks ! for any advise.
  • storrk1storrk1 Member Posts: 19
    I want to share a horrible experience I had yesterday with the hopes that all of you in the Chicagoland area will be able to avoid a similar situation. In a nutshell, stay AWAY from Advantage Jeep/Chryler/Dodge aka Des Plaines J/C/D. They just this past week took over the Mancari Des Plaines J/C/D.

Here's my story. I'm in the market for a '06 Jeep GC Ltd with the 5.7L Hemi. I had done my homework and knew what the magic number needed to be to drive home in a new Jeep. Did initial research online and found a few dealers that had the truck I was interested in. Des Plaines being one of them. Went over to Des Plaines yesterday afternoon. Sales guys were actually really nice, very knowledgeable and weren't pressuring at all. The GM got involved and to my initial pleasure, we came to a deal. Shook hands, they started the paper work, high fives were exchanged, the car was sent to the service bay for detailing, I called my insurance agent...the whole nine yards.

Spent the next THREE hours in the dealership as I was told the finance manger was busy and that he would be available shortly to complete the paper work. They were sorry.

Another hour later, I was asked to go into an office as the sales manager approaches me and said "Hey buddy, come over here." Hey buddy???

Long story short, they rescinded the deal saying they had made a mistake in the initial calculations. Blah..blah..blah... (FYI, i have "A" credit, so that had nothing to do with the "mistake.")

The next hour was a fairly heated exchange between myself, the sales manager, the finance manger, general manger, you name it...I spoke with them. They said it was a mistake but I think that's BS.

My issues are two fold. One, they didn't honor a deal we made in person! Two, it took them more than three hours to approach me with the news. I can only assume they were trying to keep me there as long as possible so as to wear me out!

In my book, once you agree to do something, you make it happen. If they made a mistake, they should have honored the price. In all my experience in buying a car, I have never heard of anything like this.

Feel free to send me an email and I can get into more details. Please friends, avoid this place like fresh spinach from california and tell all of your friends to do the same.
  • pjg10455pjg10455 Member Posts: 1
    what is best out the door price on 06 jeep overland and where?