Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jettatrouble1jettatrouble1 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply (I figured it was way too high!!!).

I've got some research to do.

Thanks again.
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    My suggestion is to find the best price you can online. Just make sure that it's a real jeep warranty. Then ask your dealer to match that price. If he says no, just buy it online.

Good luck.
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    This is really more to jettatrouble: I tend to agree with verdugo as well, go with Jeep/Chrysler, most of the 3rd party warrantly companies are questionable. However as I posted two days ago, if you have concerns about the Jeep/Chrysler company longetivity (course then why would you buy a Jeep?!) or even a future purchaser company like GM or others backing up the warranty, since it's pretty obvious Cerebus WILL sell them to someone else, WAIT a few years to your 3/36k limit. You'll get a better idea then how you vehicle is holding out quality-wise by then too.

I paid $540 for the added care 7/70 $100 ded (major components only) a year ago 10/07 on my Jeep, mainly to get the option for a free loaner car while in service, roadside assistance, and loaner when traveling since I am using my vehicle for winter trips down south. I will decide before 3/36 if I want to upgrade it to Max care.

As a comparison I paid a negotiated $900 3/07 to add the Max care (7/70 $100 ded) plan on my 2004 Chrysler 300M - that was on top of the 7/70 powertrain they already put on that vehicle. In 18 mons I only have had 1 warranty service which saved me $700. It's hard to compare a 300M to a 4WD Jeep which does have higher maintenance costs but the 300M has a lot more luxury stuff than my Jeep Laredo. I'd guess your $1090 Max is in the range of my $540 Added had I gone to that, I don't remember what they quoted but I do know for $2000 they offered a LIFETIME Max care!

PS-gas just dropped to $2.12, bet we won't have that in 6 months, unfortunately.
  • rugby5rugby5 Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell us if you completed the sale. Also, where did you get this deal I would like to get one like this.
  • indismilesindismiles Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to sign off on a 2008 GC Laredo Rocky Mountain with MyGIG, V8, Power Sunroof and sound upgrade....MSRP is $35995....with incentives and negoiation I was able to get the dealer to $25000.00. I believe he has a little more left but it seems like a decent deal...any thoughts?
    Also....I thought the Rocky edition came with leather but this does not? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • dfy8811dfy8811 Member Posts: 13
    Was in a dealership this past weekend and for a 2008 GC Limited with 5.7L Hemi was quoted $28.5K, $499/month lease before taxes and fees. Sticker price was 41K. Does anyone have a sense as to whether this is a decent deal or not.

Can anyone give me a sense as to where I can negotiate down to on a 2008 Laredo X in current market conditions>?
  • trader85trader85 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to get into a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with X Package in Red Rock on Black Interior. I've been quoted a Price of $19,500 after all rebates and discounts. Do you think this is a good deal.

And I've also been quoted a price of $1665 for the Lifetime Max Care Warranty. Is that a good deal?

Thanks for the help.
  • paulepaule Member Posts: 382
    What are the MSRP and Invoice prices including the rebates?
    Does it have the 6 or 8? Knowing the list/retail price would be good but assuming it's 4WD that seems like a very good deal. However be sure you have proof that the Lifetime Maxcare Service has an insurance plan backed by your state just in case Chrysler would go belly up. They are supposed to at least in my state (MN) but when I called the Chrylser 800 number all they could tell me is "yes I am covered" but did not know who the insurer is. Backed by Chrysler LLC does not cut it if they are gone especially into Chapter 7 liquidation. I sent them an email but no reply yet so if the government loans hit impass in early December I may take my dealers offer to get my $500+ back (you can see in earlier posts I purchased the AddedCare a year ago but still have 24 mons to go before I'd even need it ... another interesting question is who backs up a 3/36 warranty or the lifetime powertrain when the company is gone). I am not optimistic unless both Chrysler gives concessions and the USGov wakeup to stop the craziness.
    Thanks for the info on the warranty. I'll definately ask the dealer about that now since i'm in NY.

The MSRP on the car is $35,750 for a 4WD 3.7 Liter V6. I'm getting 10,500 in rebates with balloon financing and Employee Pricing.

I'm going to be picking up the car this week and hope this helps other people get a good deal.
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Just purchased a 08 GC Limited with an MSRP of $40,250 for $26,250 plus doc fee of $299.00. Dealer only had 3 other 08's left.
  • bill11783bill11783 Member Posts: 38
    Go to Jeep.com (For Owners section) and call the number to purchase the extended warranty.....they are quoting 50% off retail and giving 12 months to pay it off (interest free). This is the cheapest you will see the LIfetime Maxcare ($100 Ded).
    Sounds like there are some smoking deals on the '08's! Imagine paying those prices 2 years ago.

I'm hoping there will be similar deals on the '09's come April.
  • dfy8811dfy8811 Member Posts: 13
    Hi RonaldC,

Where did you get this deal?
    Kelly Jeep in Lynnfield, Ma
    Better Deal Found:

2008 GC Limited 4x4. MSRP $39,755 less total discounts of $15,398 net cost $24,357. I believe this includes a $750 lease loyalty. The vehicle is Red with the trailer tow pkg. Can be found at Quirk Jeep in Quincy, MA . May be the last 08 limited
    Brand new? It isn't a dealer demo or anything like that, is it?
  • dandgdandg Member Posts: 91
    I just bought a used,04 GC Limited and am considering buying the 7/70 power train warranty but wonder if Chry will not be able to back it up when they go bankrupt.Its only 150 but doubt any warrenty is going to be valid if the go chapt 11.
    Brand New
    Nice. That's truly a remarkable price!
    It's interesting to see the difference in incentives in different areas.

NH has $3,250 off '09 Grand Cherokees where CO only has $1,000 off and AZ has $1,500.

These are on '09's. I also noticed they have significantly different incentives on the '08's in different parts of the country.
    Here in MA discounts on 09's total $7250 plus &750 lease loyalty.
    You mean '08's; right?
    NY appears to be deep discounting the '08s.
    Several dealers are selling $32k MSRPs (base models) for $15,999 - $16,999.
    Some increase it by the $750 lease loyalty....but that is it.
  • rugby5rugby5 Member Posts: 4
    Hi- I am looking for a 2008 and am near NY. Can you tell what dealers?
    No. 2009. Example: MSRP $33,050 Rebate $2500; Y.E. Bonus $2000: Auto Show Rebate $500: Discount $3,085. Net
    price $24,965. Discount includes $750 lease loyalty.
  • al120hpal120hp Member Posts: 5
    I just went to the dealer in North East Pennsylvania. I was looking at a 2008 Grand Cherokee x package. The MSRP was $35,200.00 they said the best they could do after all the discounts was $25,000.00 What is your opinion on how much I should pay for this vehicle? Also, if anyone knows of any Dealships in the NewYork or Phila area that are motivated to sell an X package let me know I am only 2hrs away and have no problem driving to get a good deal.

Thanks

Al :blush:
    Thanks. That's great information to have. I should be able to get a pretty good deal come April.
  • domzdomz Member Posts: 11
    Dude 25,000 after taxes.. If you continue to shop that price I would be surprised if you find better today but unsure what will happen if you wait until Jan to by an 08.. Mine is a long story but I paid 27,600 after taxes not including that extended warranty ( which added some cost ) which I think I am canceling and some document cost.. My truck laredo 2008 BRAND new with 26x package brand also they are giving me 700 back to put toward left over lease payments on my prior jeep.. Just keep shopping which I did not do for a couple of reasons, go to many places, pick same car dont tell each what other is offering and see what happens.. If there a 2008 26xpkg for 22,000 after taxes if would be surprised.... If someone is finding that they should say where .
    Just registered on consumerreports website and you can pay 14.95 to get what they call bottom line car pricing.. Now I know with all this US car manufacturer stuff going on there are great deals if you are smart which I was not completly.. BUT here is what it says for what they are calling Consumer Reports CR bottom line cost for 2008 grand cherokee 4x4 23085 WITHOUT 26x package, the 26x package invoice is over 3000.00 so do the math..you have to add this to the 23k IF you dont work on the deal with at least 2 finanace managers in at least 2 differents places you are doing yourself a disservice good luck keep me posted.. If you got a 2008 with 26x package for 25K even before taxes I think U are doing OK
    Just picked up a 26x package in NY for $19,500, before tax and warranty. Did this with employee pricing (all AARP members get employee pricing) then all the rebates and discounts. Had to shop around a lot, but I got this deal from an internet manager after sending emails to every dealer on Long Island.
    trader85 is that brand new if it is thats AWESOME and gets me mad at myself for not responsibly shopping.. If these are the same cars ( mine 2008 brand new ) thats a 6000.00 difference thats out of hand.... One question when you say before warranty what do U mean.. if its a 2008 brand new it has the lifetime powertrain and 3/36 basic.. Did you by that extended chrylser warranty... ??
    Wanted to ask also is yours a 4x4 as I was not sure if all 26x packages meant 4x4
    one last response I also financed 100% of the deal, which I am sure is a factor.. If you have 20K case I an sure you are in a better negotiating position.. Eitherway great job in doing your homework........ :) Hopefully others post there cost on 2008 laredo with 26x.... Again so I paid around 26K without taxes included yet.. I am not including that extended contract for now I wil probably cancel it...
    I have heard the same pricing for the 26x (around $19.9k - $20.1k for a 4x4, not a 2WD).
    From what I understand....not all states can offer this pricing (added rebates/incentives). NY can. There are still '08s left. (NJ is not allowed to offer all the rebates).
    There are a few dealers that are buying up stock from other states (2008 Grand Cherokees Laredos, Liberty,....) and deep discounting them.

As for the warranty.....go to the Jeep.com site. As I mentioned in a previous post....I had shopped around and found that they were by far the cheapest you will find.
    Got the lifetime MaxPlan for $1,480 (includes tax....and 0% financing for 12 months).
    They are offering discounted pricing through the end of the year.
    Good luck to all!
  • al120hpal120hp Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please point me in the right direction and tell me what dealership(s) that they are getting the 26x for around 20,000.00 in Newyork. I would greatly appreciate it. Here in Pa I cant seem to get them to go below 25,000.00

thanks

Al
    Thats great info thankyou...I will relook at the warranty options :) yes good luck to all...
    Hey, yea, it is a Brand New, 4x4 in Red Rock color. Bought the lifetime max care warranty through the dealer and they matched the price of calling chrysler directly, I remember paying $1400 aprox. The dealer also said I get a free GPS in the mail from Chrysler.

The important part of my deal was the AARP employee pricing before the rebates. I wound up financing and used balloon payment financing to get additional rebates along with the standard rebates listed on the jeep website. I got the last one at my dealer with the 26X package, but i know there are other dealers on Long Island that have 26X packages. Just check their websites inventory, as every jeep dealer website should have its inventory listed, that's how I found mine.
    Wow nice job.. Thats about a 6000.00 difference in our deals for same car.. I hope others are reading this so they bargin..as I am sure there will be new 2008's around after 12/31/2008....:) Good luck with the new truck, I love mine to.....
  • jl49jl49 Member Posts: 33
    Just picked up a 26x package in NY for $19,500, before tax and warranty. Did this with employee pricing (all AARP members get employee pricing) then all the rebates and discounts. Had to shop around a lot, but I got this deal from an internet manager after sending emails to every dealer on Long Island.

Who is the dealership in Long Island that you used - was it Westbury Jeep?

Thanks
    GrandPrix, Westbury, GardenCity, Island, Merrick.....the first one is where I found my deal.
    Check this place out some interesting laredo 2008 prices, found some of there cars on ebay ( Autopark Chrysler Jeep Cary NC ) see 4x4 26x packages seemingly low twentys...... If you live in another state you can price having car shipped to you...
  • steamdiggssteamdiggs Member Posts: 5
    I'm sure you all know that Chrysler Jeep is hurting, so if you're in the market for a new '08 JGC Limited with Hemi and fully loaded(nav, rear camera, 18" Chrome wheels, sirius for a year, sirius nav traffic for a year, leather, moon roof, ESP, myGig, iPod input etc)...now is the time to buy it. I bought mine 2 days ago in Jeep Green, MSRP $39,956 and I bought it for $26,000 + tax and license= $28,976.04, I don't know how low they would've gone if I didn't feel comfortable with paying $26k for it. They tried to stick it to me at finance and I didn't budge, I told them that I would research the Lifetime Max Plan which they were selling to me for $2,999, I called Jeep directly and they sold it to me for $1405 tax included. I am very happy because Chrysler is getting bailed out by the White House and there is a strong possibility of merging with GM, so my warranty will actually be worth buying. BTW I recommend the Power Jeep Chrysler in Valencia, CA.
    That's awesome.

I bought my Jeep Limited in Oct 07. The MSRP was 41k, and I got it for 34k. And I thought that was a good deal.

Good for you that you didn't fall for their tricks at the F&I office.
    Yea Nice Job.. I paid alitte Less BUT I only have the 2008 laredo with the 26x package.. I did buy the added care wrap ( its a long story ) for around 2800.00 BUT am in the process of canceling it..Once it quiets down I might reprice the extended warranty as I did get quotes of it being alot cheaper.....
    The extended warranty or service contracts like added care and max care are really insurance policies. They may have the Jeep/Chrysler name on them but they are run by and owned by a separate company ... the same outfit runs both Jeep/Chrysler and Ford so it will be interesting if Jeep gets bought by GM but I doubt if that really matters for the extended warranty. Supposedly they have a separate "insurance fund for the insurance company (Svc Contract)" setup by our State but I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer on how that would work if both Chrysler -and- the extended warranty company were gone (it's the same type of fund that backs up home, life insurance or annuities if those companies go under). Things are more optimistic that Jeep will definitely be around even if not a part of Chrysler, it's a strong enough brand that Nissan was even interested earlier this Fall. So I am not real worried that my 13 month old 07 JGC 3/36 or the added care 7/70 warranties I bought will have problems, however this LifeTime engine and drivetrain warranty may be more interesting if Chrysler would end up selling off or worse yet going bye bye.

So far no problems with our 4wd Laredo 4.7L and we just got back from 4 hours driving around in a messy snowstorm, you know it's worth having the 4wd safety when the weather is this ugly in MN.
  • LHHFMFLHHFMF Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 26X package. So far the best deal I have been offered is $23,995 for a GC that has a sticker of $36,420.

Has anyone got a better deal in the Northeast? If so what dealership?

Thank you
    Read back a few posts
    Just to summarize my deal again from NE dealer, ended up around 27,600 ( 2008 4x4 26x package ) after taxes including paperwork Title etc and gap insurance. I am not mentioning extended warranty because I am canceling it and I did not shop my deal fro sevral reasons... I have seen posts for lower costs but no consistency in someone saying go here they have more at this/lower cost and everyones situation is different based on credit etc...... Basically you need to shop the deal at multiple dealers with your terms BUT do not tell each the others cost and that will give you a good idea of where things are at.. After looking around after my purchase I dont think 23,995 is BAD if its a NEW 2008 4x4 with 26x package... BUt do think that price will/can go down based on other posts from other buyers. Keep me posted interested to here what happens... A couple of quick questions does the 23,995 include docs/processing costs ? Does not sound like that includes taxes yet bbut if it does AWESOME? you can check ebay as a gauge also, I am not consistently seeing 2008 new 4x4 26x packages for lets say 20K..
  • LHHFMFLHHFMF Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply. The price I was quoted was $23,995 before taxes and title. After I got to the dealership ready to do the deal the salesman then told me that he made a mistake and the price was actually $25,200.

I walked out.