Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    That sounds legit. Good luck with the job.
  • 80srockgod80srockgod Member Posts: 15
    Currently leasing and have the option to buy for $17,000 (plus tax);

2007 JGC, X Package 4x4, 33k miles

Runs well, and I had the dealer inspect it and they fixed a few warranty things but said otherwise it looked good.

I think it's an OK deal (the CF website is showing a "discount" of $1,600) -- but it's like not blowing my mind or anything.

I've seen some people here say their end-of-lease buy out dropped like $3-$4k from the original predetermined buy out price -- wondering why mine only dropped $1,600?

Is it possible to negotiate these lease end deals at all? If so, how does one go about it?

I think the only way I would walk away from this is if I can find a 2008 LTD for the same price. Getting a year newer and an upgraded trim level might be enough for me to go through the hassel of rolling the dice on a new ride, otherwise the X PKG that I know has been taken care of will be good for another year or two.
    No idea about negotiating the lease buyout. However, I did a quick search on carmax. There weren A LOT of 2008 Laredos with anywhere between 8K to 20K miles for around the same price that your 2007 with 33k miles.

And I'm sure you can get those 08s cheaper than list price.

I wouldn't pay $17k for a 2007 X Pkg with 33K miles. Would you?

Let us know what you ended up doing.
    Searched autotrader and there were only three 2008 X PKG or LTDs under $20k, (all three $19k+)

Did you specify "leather" in your search?

Because when I removed leather, there were about 45 results for the models with cloth interior, and leather is a must have for me.
    Did you specify "leather" in your search?

You didn't mention leather in your original post. I'm not psychic. :)

I think $17k is too much for your car. Hopefully somebody else can give you advice on how to negotiate a lower price since you're happy with it.

good luck.
    Ah, gotcha. Well, yes, all X packages have leather. It's like the "limited" version of the laredo model line.

So when I compare my specific car, I am only looking at X packages or limited models.
    Ahh fair enough. I didn't know that. Mine is a Limited.

Hope you find what you're looking for. I love my 08 Limited.
  • jeepgrrrljeepgrrrl Member Posts: 5
    i've been glued to the computer for a week now doing research for a new car. thought i did everthing right, narrowed the choices down, test drove 2 days straight.. I was offered an 09 grand laredo x - 4wd- auto -leather, moonroof etc msrp 37k - rebates of 4500k emp pricing off 4040 final cost 28575. thought i could get lower but salesman refused to budge and seems to be the ballpark of other local dealers, thought it was a good deal about 8.5k off msrp. spending the last three hours on these forums though has me worried - back in jan/feb i see these going for 23k - 25k. am I missing something? what should i expect to pay for this vehicle? he also offered me a 08 x with 13k for 21k (that now seems high too) and i fell in love with a new 08 base unlimited w/hardtop (which he is really pushing )(not sure if i can do crank windows though!) for 17,800 after rebates, etc. none of these include tax or ttl. sorry to ramble but its now 3:30 a.m. and i need help! thank you so much.
  • bill11783bill11783 Member Posts: 38
    Pricing all depends on where you live.

In NY(Long Island), I have two co-workers that recently purchased 2009s 4x4 with the x package & navigation for $22k-$23k ($38k MSRP!).

Not sure why there is such a difference in pricing.

Deals seem to have gotten better in March vs. Jan/Feb.
  • ssjeepssjeep Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to purchase a 2009 Overland today for a price of $34,000. The MSRP is $45,625. Based on what other people are seeing, is that a good price?
    Not sure about how good it is right now, but it sure is better than when I bought mine.

Nov '08 - Limited 2008 - MSRP 41k, Price of $34k. No trade in.

Do you have a trade in?
    No on the trade in. Going to sell my current vehicle myself as I'll get more for it than trading it in.
  • paulepaule Member Posts: 382
    That sounds pretty good to me. The best I could get was $35,000 in late February.

I still think the deals are going to get better in April. The whole employee pricing thing is not much of a discount. I believe the rebates will increase in April. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Where are you lcoated by the way?
    I live in Ohio, but purchased the car in Michigan. The rebates in both states are the same, but I'm not currently a chrysler owner which is necessary for the owner loyalty rebate. However, in Michigan they have a conquest rebate that is the same as the loyalty and is for people that do not currently own Chrysler. So, I got all of the rebates, they came down an additional $1,200, 0% financing, and theyr'e delivering the vehicle to my house. I thought it was a pretty good deal - best one I've seen so far and I've been looking for a few months.

I was debating on waiting until April, but figured this was a good deal so I might as well do it now. I'll be curious to see what they come out with in April, but probably shouldn't look in case they get better!
    I really think you got a great deal! It's interesting you were able to get a conquest rebate. I thought Chrysler had pulled those rebates (owner loyalty, conquest, etc.) at the end of February.
    Maybe it's just a Michigan thing?
    I don't know but you really did get a sweet deal.
    Congratulations! Enjoy the new jeep.
    Thanks! I think it depends on what state you're in as to whether they have the conquest/owner loyalty rebate. I know here in Ohio they still have the owner loyalty, in Michigan they have both, and in Maryland they don't have either. Not sure what will happen in April. This is my first Jeep and it will be delivered on Monday so I'm excited to get it!
    Congrats! Hope you like it as much as we like ours.
  • honda27honda27 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 26E package. $21,500 OTD
  • hotwheels3hotwheels3 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase an SRT8 before the end of the month. Anyone know what these are going out the door for? Not too many to be found so I don't know how much negotiating I will have.
    So does anyone here know exactly HOW employee pricing is determined?

And does employee pricing vary by state?

Is it a certain % below invoice?

If so, what is true employee pricing on a grand cherokee in Detroit?

Does it matter if it's a ltd or a laredo?

If so, if anyone knows the employee pricing on each?

I thought it was 4% BELOW invoice but not sure if that was standard for every vehicle or if it changed depending on the year/model/etc.???

Thanks in advance for your reply!!!!
  • 70wash70wash Member Posts: 13
    Is it ok to share which dealer this was?
  • nyjeepmannyjeepman Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an 09 Lmtd V-6
    end of march
    33,300 OTD
    anyone get the same or better deal?
    anyone get the same or better deal?

Hard to tell w/o the list of equipement. 4x2 or 4x4? If 4x4, QDII or QT? Nav? Rear DVD? HID lights? You get the idea.
    A dealer in Denver told me it was 2% below invoice. Chrysler reimburses the dealer for the difference. It appears the employee pricing I've seen for March and April is not as good as it was in February so it could be less than that now.

It appears there are different deals depending on what part of the country you are in but I believe that has more to do with rebates than the employee pricing. The employee pricing prices seem to be the same no matter what zip code I type in on the Jeep website. I haven't looked recently though so that may no longer hold true.

Personally I'm not impressed by employee pricing. It worked out to be something like $930 discount on a $45k Overland. It is probably a big help for the shopper that is either not a great negotiator or hasn't done enough research to find out what they should be paying. I guess that's what this thread is for!

April incentives have not looked very good so far.
    Well, I just tried entering in different zip codes. The employee pricing is now different depending on what zip code you enter.

I'm seeing an increase in MSRP of $300 over February and an employee pricing discount of $300 less than in February so pretty much a price increase of $600 from February on the same vehicle.

That's a good way to stay out of bankruptcy! Increase prices when you can't sell them at the lower prices.
  • honda27honda27 Member Posts: 3
    Westbury Jeep, 3rd jeep I purchased from them.
    09 GC LMTD

4x4

no HID , no rear DVD

QT 1

I thought all LMTD's come w/ NAV ?
    That looks like a decent deal. You probably could have done better if you bought in February but it's like picking the top or bottom of the stock market!

Enjoy your new ride and don't look back.
    What paule said :)
    Thanks!

Best Wishes to all!
  • jdoriajdoria Member Posts: 7
    I have an 07 Limited with a buy-out of $22,400. The lease ends on November 30 2009.

KBB is at $18,200 on a trade-in value. Is Chrysler going to sell me this for what its worth at the auction, or do I need to go buy anohter make of car?

In November, I'd like to write a check for $14,000 and wrap it up.

Can anyone verify the deals? Or are these deals like a Big Foot sighting?
    The 2011 looks sweet. The air suspension can add 3" (or 4?) ground clearance on demand. Interior looks much improved.
    Lets hope that 2011 crushes the retail on my 2007 Limited whose lease is coming due in November!

I'd like to buy my 07 for the right price.
    Maybe you will like the 2011 so much you will buy one of those instead :P
    I cant afford it!
    Man, I really like the 2011 model! It's kind of making me rethink purchasing a 2009. I do take mine offroad (really offroad; not just on a dirt road) so the Quadra-Lift suspension is a big piece of candy that I want!

I wasn't crazy about the first picture they showed in the government plan but once I saw the official photos with the hard crease running down the side and the rear view with the taillights, I'm really smitten. Of course that will result no doubt in my paying several thousands of dollars more if I decided to buy when they do come out next spring.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a 2007-08 Laredo in the meantime and buying a '12 MY 2 years from now to avoid the first year bugs. Now I need to talk the wife into that idea....
    I'm toying with the idea of buying a 2007-08 Laredo in the meantime and buying a '12 MY 2 years from now to avoid the first year bugs. Now I need to talk the wife into that idea....

+1

I'm never buying a first year model ever again. I'll give it 2 years or so. That should give me enough time to convince the wife. :)
  • quest4funquest4fun Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all who post here as I've just started my search for a 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland model and the info is very helpful. Prices I've been getting in the Wash DC area are basically invoice less incentives/rebates. This is even from dealerships who are on the "closing" list as of June 9.

Example:
    MSRP: $47,345 includes Package 24P
    Dealer price: $38,793 plus taxes, tags, title, freight, processing fees

Given the economy and that sales are way down, I think I can do much better. Don't really need the 24P option. Have seen some posts here on Laredos at 33 to 40% off MSRP.

Any help on dealers who are willing to discount will be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to travel about 300 miles from DC or have vehicle shipped here.

Thanks!
  • semperfi2semperfi2 Member Posts: 1
    Any luck in identfying dealers willing to discount? My buying experience so far has been the same as yours.

Thanks.
  • mikeyp53mikeyp53 Member Posts: 55
    The dealers are low on inventory, they have nothing much left to sell, just oddball models. Can't find a Laredo V8 4.7l with tow package anywhere. Hopefully when production begins next week, the cars will come in. Pricing and dealing has not been good. Last Jeep built was last Dec and they are pulling cars from storage lots. May was a high sales month for Chrysler. They don't need to deep deal any more.
  • grusongruson Member Posts: 17
    Anyone care to post recent deals?

I noticed an ad at slickdeals where a Laredo at $31k can still be gottten for around $21k.

I am currently looking for a Laredo or Limited (want at least leather, sunroof, and premium audio).

If anyone knows of any dealerships around Dallas, TX, let me know! Thanks
  • msc2321msc2321 Member Posts: 5
    I was just quoted $509 per month for an '09 Laredo X package loaded. Nav, sunroof, trailer tow. That's with $1500 down. Can anyone here tell me if that sounds like a decent deal?

Thanks. First time on the site.

M
    Depends on how long. $509 for 12 months is awesome, not so good if it's for 84 months. :P

What's the interest rate?
    I think its either 60 or 72 months.
    That's a difference of $6,108 whether its 60 or 72 months.
    I would suggest stepping back for a minute and reading up on how to purchase a vehicle.
    Right now the salesman is salivating over you. You really don't want to get into the "monthly payment" trap.
    Look at the overall cost you will be paying for the new vehicle and what you may have for a trade in and start comparing apples to apples.
    Send e-mails out to several dealers in your area asking for their bottom line price for the vehicle you're interested in.
    Find the lowest price (everything together: finance rate, trade in value, new vehicle price, etc.) and then start looking at what it will run you per month.
    Thanks for all of the advise. The MSRP is 38,995. they are giving me the car for about 30K for 72 months. $510 per month. thoughts?
    I would suggest stepping back for a minute and reading up on how to purchase a vehicle.

Paule is completely right. If you're not even sure what is the duration of the loan you need to take a step back before you sign. The good news is that you already took the first step by asking here.

You shouldn't be paying more than invoice minus rebates. In fact, you should be able to do a bit better than that. Grand Cherokees aren't exactly flying off the lot.

Do some research, ask more questions here, and good luck.
    How/ where would i get invoice price? Thanks
    They are selling you a car for $30,000. You are putting $1,500 down, which means you are financing $28,500 for 72 months.

You didn't specify if the $30,000 included tax and fees (make sure you don't fall for the mop & glow, etc.). My guess is that it doesn't. So your interest rate could be anywhere between 8% to 9%.

I have no idea about your credit score, but you hopefully you can do better than that through a local bank/credit union.

Having said that, I don't think $30,000 is an amazing deal. It's not bad, but not awesome. I bought a 2008 Limited 4x4 with HID ights and MyGig navigation (no HEMI, no Quadra drive II) for $34,000 in September 2008. I basically got it for invoice - rebates.

Long story short, if you're happy with the price, go ahead and buy it. But take a few mins to email other dealers. Give them lots of details about the car you want so they know you're a serious buyer. If you get a lower price, it's always polite to give the first dealership the chance to match it.

Also make sure that you try to get a cheaper interest rate. And since you're putting so little down, I think it'd be prudent to buy GAP insurance.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    yes, looks like I am going to be getting 5.9% for the 72 months. I could also take 1000 back and 0% for 72 months, but them I am out the door at $37,000 and change. If i take all $5500 plus the $3000 off, I am out the door at $32,000 and chagne. I guess I'll have to live and learn. What is GAP insurance all about?

Thanks everyone!