Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rockinrollerrockinroller Member Posts: 4
    Had to post this while I think of it. One of the Detroit area's dealers had a "special" in the paper--one day only--featuring four Jeep models for unbelieveably low prices. The G.C. was advertised at "11,890" so I called and the salesman informed me that it was basically a no-strings-attached deal (except for the $500 military rebate which I didn't get) and that the unit was an early 2008 model build that had sat on the lot for a year. Typical 30-something miles on it, brand new, etc. Sticker was $32,200. Vehicle included the Popular Equip. Group ($985) and floor mats. Out the door cash price: $15,000. Serious!

I checked the local Craigs List today and I could pretty much make $2000 on it reselling it, AFTER 18 MONTHS OF DRIVING!

I'll never see a deal like that again.
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    So, did you get it?
  • photohphotoh Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the help. I am going home on leave soon and will check with the dealers for 2011 ordering.
  • arkjeepgurl22arkjeepgurl22 Member Posts: 9
    I bought a 2000 maroon Jeep Cherokee for 3,000 from a family member about a year ago,with high mileage, but I enjoy it its got everything I need in a vehicle... everything works and its in good condition. It has power windows and locks and a working cd and radio and luggage racks, and all else. It gets about 18 mpg which isnt awful but I had better. Anyway does this seem like a fair price? Like I said it is in good condition and has been taken care of. :)
  • paulepaule Member Posts: 382
    Yes. That looks like a fair price. It's somewhat hard to say not knowing exactly what the mileage is and what options it has.
    You should be able to find what it's worth on this site (look up to the top green bar) or over here as well: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2000/Jeep
  • nh_1nh_1 Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee recently, as the last post was nearly 3 months ago? I'm curious what others have been paying or what they've gotten as quotes given there's a new model coming out.
  • photohphotoh Member Posts: 5
    After much thought, I just purchased a white 2011 Jeep Cherokee Laredo X V-6 4X4 package. It should be built and delivered by mid-September.
    I paid $34,790 (With Tow Package)+ TTL and will recieve any rebates that come out until delivery. I figured that this is close to invoice for the X-package and not such a bad deal.
  • saturnjeepsaturnjeep Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2010 "X" with nav. 3.7 liter. Stickered @ 38,795. Financed through dealer @ 3.99% with $4792 off and $6,000 in rebates. Paid $28,003.00. I know its not the 2011 but thought I did well.
  • rockinrollerrockinroller Member Posts: 4
    Yep!
  • guugosguugos Member Posts: 10
    I am ready to buy my wife a new SUV and Jeep is on the short list. I am interested to learn what others have paid recently. The options/configurations can be confusing. I am looking for a V6, 4wd, Nav, moon roof, leather and most interior convenience/comfort features. I am shopping in metro chicago. Thank you.
  • j13ntvj13ntv Member Posts: 7
    guugos- I have been looking at the new Grand Cherokee indepth, for what you are looking for, it would have to be the X-package Lardeo. The base Laredo doesn't have leather, the X package does, as well as the limited and overland. Although I am not looking for the same configuration as you are, I am looking for the Overland (leather, nav, sunroof all included in the MSRP already) I can get a V6 version for a hair over 40,000. I am waiting for the all so hopeful incentives to finally come out the first week of August before I do anything though, in hopes of a rebate or 0% Apr... Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input. we visited a jeep dealer today and learned that the model we really want that has everything we need and nothing we dont is a GC Limited V6. They had one in the wrong color but was told the price would be around 38,700 for the model we want. Still a bunch of cash for a Jeep.
    Thanks. We were at another Chicagoland jeep dealer today. it seems our desired configuration is now a limited with V-6 engine. The dealer would not go below 38K before tax and title. No financing incentives either. Moving to a Honda Pilot.
  • can50turtlecan50turtle Member Posts: 11
    I'm considering the purchase of a 2010 Grand Cherokee. I guess I'm in the minority in that I prefer the 2010 model to the 2011 (I won't go into all the reasons why). The current deal I can get on a 4wd Laredo with nothing but red paint is $28,100 after my $4,000 rebate. The 2011's are selling at about MSRP, but I expect them to go down later in year and probably get some kind of rebate by January 2011. I'm hoping to get an even better deal on a 2010 ... thinking that Chrysler/Jeep will want to shift them out of the dealers lots. The current $4,000 rebate seems to end on Aug-31. Should I gamble on the 2010 rebate getting even higher in September? Will there be much choice in 2010s available in September?
    How much do you want to gamble?

Look at your region's 2010 inventory. I know that my local dealer has no more 2010's. It sounds like you want a Laredo with not too many options, so unless you're willing to accept more options (and pay for them), you're better off buying now.
    Got a call from the dealer we are working with to say there will be new incentives on 2011 GC coming out tomorrow.
    I'm going to have to gamble ... which is OK with me.

It seems that, come January 2011, one will be able to buy a 2011 GC for roughly the same price as you'd pay for a 2010 GC today (factoring in rebates). I'm not about to pay the same for a 2010 right now. I'd need to pay a least a couple thousand less for the 2010, given that the media says the 2011 is so much better.

I'll wait for September and see if the 2010 GC rebates have improved. Then I can check to see what the inventory of 2010s are like.

If the rebate isn't improved, or the stock isn't there ... then no biggy, I'll just buy a different midsize SUV.
    Sounds good. It sounds like a good plan and you're aware, and ok, with the risks. Good luck. Come back and tell us what you ended up getting.

FWIW, I've heard everybody say how much better the 2011 is compared to the 2010.
  • paulepaule Member Posts: 382
    I would be very surprised if you can buy a new 2011 next January for what you can buy a comparable 2010 right now, but who knows?

It's worth a shot if you want to wait. I just wouldn't count on that.
    I agree ... it is just conjecture on my part. But "I" think it is a high likelihood.

RIght now the 2011 GCs are selling for close to MSRP. This is due to their newness on the market and taking advantage of the fact that some people want to be the first on the block to have a new model vehicle. Come January 2011 I fully expect the 2011 GCs to be selling at a "normal" price ... meaning a couple hundred over invoice. Then you consider that mid-size to large SUVs are becoming less and less popular. Who knows where gas prices are going etc. So, come January 2011 I also expect that Jeep/Chrysler will need to have a rebate in order to assist the sales. Now ... what will that rebate be ... $2,000, $3,000, $4,000 ... who knows? Let me suggest a $3,000 rebate. Given that the 2011 GCs are a few hundred less in invoice price to the 2010's (something that is heavily noted in the media). This would make a base 2011 GC Loredo with 4wd come out to something like $28,700. Or about $600 more than I can get the 2010 GC for now.

Again, just a fun conjecture. But something I need to use in my buying decision. I'm not going to be buying a 2011 GC ... but need the 2010 GC rebate to go higher very soon if I'm to buy a Jeep.
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    My company has a partnership with Chrysler Affiliate Rewards which gets us 1% below factory invoice pricing on virtually all Chrysler group vehicles excluding Challenger I believe. I'm not serious about buying a 2011 GC yet so I haven't initiated the process to see if the 2011 GC is even eligible for the special affiliate pricing. I stopped by a local Jeep dealer to see the GC in person and inquired about the Chrysler Affiliate pricing and they said it was not eligible on 2011 GC. Have trouble believing that. Anyone else planning on buying with Chrysler Affiliate pricing?
  • southpaw75southpaw75 Member Posts: 33
    Any word on the incentives (if any) for the 2011 GC?
    utexas06 if you mean like an employee purchase program through your company, yes the 2011 are eligible, however all dealers don't have to be participants. However I have an order sheet in front of me for the vehicle I ordered and it shows the FFP price, which is 1% below invoice. The invoice for the overland I ordered is 42,549 and the FFP price is 42,124 or 1% below invoice. Go to a different dealer..
    For the month of August it seems they only release incentives for lease returns.. Check it out

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2011/jeep...ncentives.html

http://www.cars.com/jeep/grand-chero...=USC10JES052C0
    I don't think the salesman that I talked to was really that keen on selling me a 2010 GC ... at least I'm guessing. He said he'd keep me up to date re the 2010 GC rebates and their inventory. It seems that the 2010 GC rebate went from $4,000 to $4,500 a few days ago (although, still not at the $6,000 that I want). Yesterday his dealerships website showed 7 of the 2010 GCs in stock. This morning, their website shows 0. I've heard nothing from the salesman.

Now I'm very sure that they didn't sell seven 2010 GCs in one day. So not sure, since the salesman isn't telling me anything.

I searched the inventory of 2010 GCs near my zipcode via the Jeep website. Of the three closest dealerships, the Jeep site shows no 2010 GCs in stock.

So I'm happy that I don't need to wait for September for the rebate to go up. It sounds like my chance of getting a 2010 GC is now gone. Good for Chrysler/Jeep in that the dealerships seem able to move the last of the 2010 models.

This weekend I'm free to hit a few dealerships and make a purchase of a midsize SUV. I wonder what will be in my driveway next week?
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    It looks as if you might have waited a little too long to nab a 2010 GC. Are there any other dealers a little further from your city that might have inventory? I think the 2010 GC is going to be rather irrelevant once the market is flooded with 2011 GCs. If you don't want the 2011 perhaps you might look at the new redesigned Toyota 4Runner.
    Yeah, well that was the "risk" I was willing to take. At only a $4,500 rebate, I wouldn't want a 2010 GC even if the dealership had a good inventory. My calculations showed a $6,000 rebate as appropriate for me to proceed. ("Saturnjeep" posted a purchase price of $28,003 for a Laredo with X package ... now I'd take that deal ... "Saturnjeep" did well. But "Saturnjeep" got $6,000 in rebates ... must have got the "loyalty" and other rebates as well)

But again, no biggy. The 2010 GC was my first choice, but there are lots of other vehicles that I can pursue. I've started my research and have narrowed the field down.

Re the good sales of the 2010 GC ... I thought that I was about the only person who prefers the 2010 GC to the new 2011 model. But with the 2010s going fast, maybe I'm not in as big a minority as I originally thought.
  • carol50carol50 Member Posts: 1
    i have a chance to purchase my leased jeep for 22000. i extended my lease an extra two months and found out that those 2 payments dont go towards purhase price. and if i decide to keep it i pay $470 dollars for a late return fee. i am considering returning it to jeep dealer pay no fees and purchase a 2006 honda accord v6 ex-l for 13000. what do u think? i live in long island new york.
  • saturnjeepsaturnjeep Member Posts: 2
    I did not get the loyalty rebate but did get an additional rebate from the credit union. I'm happy I got everything I wanted and didn't wait till they were gone. I would consider a lightly used Limited since that inventory seems to be pretty heavy. Wish I had the QDII transfer case.
  • 1pt21jigowatts1pt21jigowatts Member Posts: 25
    Hey Car Man,

Any idea or estimates as to what type of buying incentives/interest rates Jeep will offer on the 2011's as we get into November and December?

Thanks!
  • lovejeeps1lovejeeps1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,I hope I;m not to late in responding to you,I have owned 2 JGC in the past both 99"s,then stupidly thought I wanted acar....that DID NOT work out.So On Oct.22,2010,I went to look at the newer Jeeps The 2010,and the 2011...To answer your question,I ended up getting a 2010,and it took the dealer almost 2 hours on thier search options to even find one!!!! They are hard to find right now,I feel lucky they did find the one I was looking for.Although it is used condition(12,000 miles)I got the limited I wanted,so they r saying I can't get any incentives which i think is crazy....I did want a 2011,drove the base model,as they said I could get that for "almost" the same price??? and the seat was sooo hard even my husband commented on it.I am awaiting delivery as they had to get mine from Virginia,I live in upstate NY.So My suggestion to u is,go for the 2010 as They said there won't be any incentives on the 2011 any time soon.I wish you all the luck,and one more thing as far as styling the 2010 in my eyes is a beauty though I am use to a 1999,so there is a world of difference.They also have a very smooth ride I could not believe it...Jeep has come along way in 11 years.I will say this I do like the body changes they made on the 2011,but look at the seats to me they look very cheap and thin...I don't know where u live but if u r any where near ny,go to Friendly dodge/chrysler/jeep,they are GREAT and will go out of there way to get u exactly want you want,with the payment u want or as close as they can get,and they will give u a great deal on any trade in u may have,I promise you'll be happy with the service u get from these guys,tell them Robin Martin sent you.As I said GOOD LUCK and I hope you get what you want. PS,the incentives on new 2010"s are Great right now,so go for it
    As I just bought a 2010 I can tell you for sure,right from the dealer there aren't going to be any ,any time soon,as I may have waited for a 2011.Plan on paying sticker price.If you want any thing above a base model plan on paying for it!!!!
    lovejeeps is wrong. A check of Edmund's TVM and another site (not allowed to post name) shows that Overlands can be had right now between invoice and MSRP. You can of course do better/worse. However, the blanket statement that you have to pay sticker price is false.

As for what the dealer told lovejeeps, take that with a grain of salt. Of course the dealer will say there are no incentives coming for the 2011's. He's interested to move what's in his lot.
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I'd say you got a steal as far as price goes....;look at the prices on ebay and such...Yep feel good about that purchase !!!! You got one heck of a deal.I just sold my 99 for 4500.
    edited October 2010
    :(:( I don't know I have been to 3 different dealers wanting to buy a 2011,and they are all saying there is nothing for that year right now....Sorry I wasn't trying to sound like a know it all,I was just saying what I have seen.
    Don't feel to bad....I waited til this month to try and get a 2010 and its virtually impossible to find a new one,the closest I got was one found in Virginia w/12,500 miles on it.It's a Limited and I'm gonna take the deal,but I would have liked a newer one with less miles.I don't know how long I'd be waiting to pay a decent price for a 2011,So I guess I'm happy to have found the one I wanted.....model,color,etc......I'd like to hear what u end up with though.
    You know what, lovejeeps is right. It's all about where you are. In my zipcode (95827), there are enough dealers near by that there's plenty of competition. So your chances of getting a good price is higher.

lovejeeps, what TVM do you get when you plug in your zip code here in Edmunds?
  • beauregard56beauregard56 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2010
    I paid $39570.00 for a loaded Gran Cherokee, 2 Wheel Drive, Red in color, hemi engine laredo X package I cannot drive it longer than 1 hour due to the fact that the seat hurts my knee and makes it throb. I am interested in any serious offers. It is located in Greensboro, North Carolina It now has 7000 miles on it.
    I paid $39570.00 for a loaded Gran Cherokee

Uhoh. I have some bad news for you. I priced a fully loaded 2 wheel drive Laredo and they are going below invoice. According to the website, expect to pay around $37,000. That's new and yours has 7000 miles.

I'm afraid that you'll be disappointed by the offers that you will get. Good luck.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    I am seeing that GM is offering no payment for 120 days + 1500 cash + 0% on many cars. Ford is offering 0% + 1500 cash on some vehicles.

Any thoughts as to whether Jeep might sweeten their incentive pot?
  • sajeevmsajeevm Member Posts: 10
    Any one aware of any good dealer offerings on Grand cherokee in New Jersey??

I am looking to lease 2011 limited 4x4 with entertainment system.any inputs on how much i should expect to pay for a 36 month lease with 15 k Miles/year??.i had a quote from a local dealer at $ 40,204( net cap cost).i am not looking to put any money down.

any inputs will be appreciated.Thanks.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    I purchased a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD Mineral Gray with the following options.
    -- 26X
    -- Tow Package
    -- Off Road I
    -- Panoramic Roof
    -- Nav

MSRP = $39,980
    Invoice = $37,599
    Paid = $36,999

There was about a $3,600 difference between my trade value from KBB and Edmunds TMV. I received half way between the two.

We always want to think we got a good deal, but I really think I did pretty well
    considering what I paid for the vehicle. Actually signed all of the paper work on Nov. 30 even though it came in on the first, so they could book the sale in November to try and meet their target. They said they were really trying to meet some number for November and were making aggressive offers.

I am loving it so far and am very satisfied with my purchase.

Cheers!
    I wish yu the best of luck with yours. I kept mine for 4 months and was very glad to git rid of the Cherokee. The drivers seat was the main thing that I could not stand. The seat made my knee hurt when I drove it more than an hour. I hope you have good service out of it. I have owned 2 other jeeps in the past and always wanted a Grand Cherokee, so I bought one and was I ever disapointed. Only by the seat and the lack of customer service I got out of Jeep in Detroit,
  • dredma1dredma1 Member Posts: 6
    I want to buy a mineral grey 2wd, x package, NAV, and tow pkg

right now the price is around 34k. I noticed the dealers are selling these GK's for about 3k off of MSRP. Should I bargain lower or is this a fair price?

I want it so bad.

I will post again soon. I am buying this week.
  • byxbyx Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in 2011 Laredo 4x4, very basic w/o any packages. The dealer offered $30500. Is this price OK? I don't have any experience of buying new car and I am in boston.
    Thanks!
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Member Posts: 50
    Just landed in New Orleans and the National bus dropped me off at the Emerald Aisle. Waiting there were at least 6 2011 Grand Cherokee's, including the black 2wd Limited I nabbed. Seeing these hit the fleets would point to A) production is fully ramped up and Chrysler can afford to divert some from dealer retail stock or B) sales of the new GC is tapering after the initial demand. After an 80 mile drive up to Baton Rouge I will say it is a very nice SUV, quiet and smooth with an exceptional appetite for highway speeds. The Pentastar V-6 feels a bit weak from dead stop but once above 2k RPM, really pushes the Jeep along nicely. I reset the mileage gauge when I picked it up, it's showing 23.5 mpg after 80 miles up I-10, at about 75 mph.
    Congratulations! That sounds like a sweet GC.
  • dredma1dredma1 Member Posts: 6
    Here is the latest deal offered to me (southeast region):

2011 Grand Cherokee
    Laredo X Package
    Tow Package
    Navigation
    No sunroof

MSRP - 35,989
    I was told invoice on this was 33,954
    I was offered a price about 400 below invoice

I am also getting 1.9 APR for 60 months.

I think this is a great deal and I think Chrysler produced a bit too much at this time (thus the 1.9 APR and below invoice pricing.

Any thoughts on this deal? Good? Bad?
    make them an offer of of 33K. All they can do is say no, and maybe they will counter with a better offer than before. If they do settle for it. if thats what you really want. You have nothing too loose. There is always another dealership which will match their offer or beat it.
  • jmellonjmellon Member Posts: 8
    I have a quote for a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 Hemi with adaptive cruise control for $42,350. Any thoughts on if this seems like a good deal?