Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• zippdawgzzippdawgz Member Posts: 1
    When buying or leasing a new vehicle (grand cherokee), has the dealer tried to to sell an Ultimate Convenience Package? It is purportedly an upgraded service plan covering all scheduled maintence, tires/rims and more, at any dealer. Any thoughts? Is it worth it? Appreciate your comments. Thanks.
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Before I bought 2011 GC on June 11, now it has 7K miles w/o any problem. I have considered and took the test drive 2011 Ford Edge, Explorer, 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6, 2011 GMC Acadia. I understood GC has 5 speeds transmission and others have 6 speeds but the 5 was smoothest and quietest. GC is RWD. Good lucks.
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    That is not a package specific to the GC. It's just a pure add on from the dealer with a large profit margin. They are usually a bad idea.

Give us the details (how long, how much, what's covered) and we can give you a better answer.
  • cutecaroletxcutecaroletx Member Posts: 5
    In the past two months I have purchased a Jag XJL and Dodge Longhorn Laramie and was in the market for one more vehicle. I have tried driving everything from the Equus to the Gran Turismo BMW 535 to the Infinti QX56. One dealer keeps calling me about his Grand Cherokee
    Overland Summit. I am used to the smooth drive of a Lincoln Towncar and was pretty impressed with the Infiniti QX56 but NOT impressed with the 75000 dollar sticker price that the dealership was NOT willing to come down on. My Jag was priced at 81000 but I bought it for 75000 and the Pickup was priced at 49000 and bought that new for 38500. The Equus drove like a dream (better then ANY car I ever drove) but the dealer was not coming off sticker... but it appears that this Dodge Jeep dealer is willing to negotiate on a Grand Cherokee. I knew one friend that had a Jeep that lasted for years. Any advice on what I should pay for this Jeep? Thanks...
  • strokeoluck2strokeoluck2 Member Posts: 91
    I paid a touch over $40k. I love the Jeep Overland so far, very comfortable ride.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi clrv,
    Here's another data point, we leased the new JGC Ltd V6 AWD (20in wheels & towing pkg) at the end of April. This decision was made after much scrutiny of X5, Q7, Q5, ML350, GL450, etc. as we have historically owned European cars. We also looked at the new Explorer, SRX, and Escalade. We were extremely impressed by the new JGC, and our final decision was based on three vectors:
    - Quality reassurance. The new JGC was made in conjunction with Mercedes when Daimler owned Chrysler. You can tell when behind the wheel or even when closing the door as the truck simply feels solid like a european car. This allayed much of our concerns on problems with former JGC models.
    - Value. The Jeep has a plethora of options at the accompanying price point which is difficult for any manufacturer to match.
    - Dealer experience. I anticipated a painful negotiation process but to my surprise, every Jeep dealer I contacted was transparent on the key numbers (e.g., MF's, RV's, and cap cost). I sourced our truck from our local dealer for well under invoice with $0 down, and I would gladly work with them again.

I should also note the AWD system is fantastic. We have actually used the AWD, off-roading in both Joshua Tree and Yosemite, and we plan to take it to the mountains for ski season.

Best of luck in your decision making.

Cheers!
  • jasonwyz98jasonwyz98 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I went to a jeep dealer in southern CA today to get a 2012 JGC Limited w/Media Center 730N upgrade. Out the door price promised by dealer was $38,100, $8000 down and fiance the rest ( 60 months ), but they wanted to charge 7.9% interest. That's ridiculously high!

btw, my credit score is about 750

So I'm wondering what was your interest rate?

Thanks
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    That does seem ridiculous. I'm in San Diego, and I leased (36mo/15K miles) a 2011 JGC Limited V6 4x4 (20's & tow) from Bob Baker Carlsbad at the end of April. At the time, the details were as follows,
    - Sales price = $38337 ($700 below invoice)
    - RV = 45%
    - MF = 0.00046 (~1.1% interest)
    - $0 down

Cheers!
    I went to a jeep dealer in southern CA today to get a 2012 JGC Limited w/Media Center 730N upgrade. Out the door price promised by dealer was $38,100, $8000 down and fiance the rest ( 60 months ), but they wanted to charge 7.9% interest. That's ridiculously high!

It's illegal to tie a price to the interest rate. I hope you got a purchase contract wit the agreed upon price. You can then get your own financing.

7.9% interest is almost loan shark level!!! :P
  • sawonmvsawonmv Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2011 JGC Overland Hemi on Saturday, for a touch over $41k. Sunday morning I set up the uconnect with my iphone, it worked fine. 5 minutes later it didn't work. I deleted the pairing at least 6x, since sunday morning and today. Still end up with the same issue, "failed to play" on AUX, and the phone button on my steering wheel does nothing, nor does the VR button. Also tried to add pictures using a USB stick and the nav system doesn't recognize my USB drive. Beyond frustrated. I called the dealer and they need me to bring it back to the dealership to update it using the Chrysler computer. I live on an island, I think they should have to pay my round trip ferry fees! This should have been in top shape condition when I drove it off the lot.">
    Anyone else have a similar issue?
    I called the dealer and they need me to bring it back to the dealership to update it using the Chrysler computer. I live on an island, I think they should have to pay my round trip ferry fees! This should have been in top shape condition when I drove it off the lot.">
    Anyone else have a similar issue?

No, I don't think they should pay for your ferry fees.

Find out if all they're going to do is upgrade the Mygig software. If that's all they're doing, you can do that yourself. It's very easy.

Just google "mygig update." The website I always use has a black baground with red letters (you can't post external websites here.)

I'm not sure what MyGig version (or phone) you have, but this is the latest version:

MyGIG Software Upgrade Version 2.402 (314 MB)

- Fixed iPhone 4 Disconnect Issues.
    - Fixed System Mute on MY10 JK during remote start.
    - Revision B NOTE: The previous RER 2.402 CD update had a bad part number on the disc that was causing the REP WK updates to fail. This issue has been fixed on this new revision B CD Image. Although changes have been made there is no version change to this update. - If you have sucessfully installed RER 2.402 update there is no need to reinstall it since the only change is the CD part number.
  • sawonmvsawonmv Member Posts: 2
    If I download the MYGIG version 2.402 onto a disc or onto a usb stick, my nav doesnt recognize it. I tried to download pictures and music and it will not work.
    My phone is a 3g.
    Karen
    Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. I've updated MyGig several times w/o any problems.

Check out the two pages called:

"Downloading, Extracting, And Burning Guide"
    and
    "Software Installation Walkthrough"

Good luck.
  • gmachine101gmachine101 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased (not a lease) a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. This was the "base" Overland model and sticker was a little over $44k. It has the V-6 engine. Selling price was $37.3K and they offered financing of 3.75 for 60 months. Still expensive but it seemed like a fair deal.
  • petrus36petrus36 Member Posts: 20
    Looking for best price on a new '12 Laredo with the E option package. Any ideas on what the best they are offering out there? I am in Lexington, KY but could go up to Cincinnati if need be. Thanks for the input.
    Check the TVM for your zipcode. You should be able to do better. Invoice is doable.
  • petrus36petrus36 Member Posts: 20
    what is TVM?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,816
    TMV.. True Market Value...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• psunowpsunow Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2011
    I have not seen many recent posts on prices paid. I'm looking closely at a 2011 JGC 4X4 with 70th ann pkg(basically the "X" pkg) navigation,tow and sunroof. The Edmunds TMV has a price of $34,760. Does this seem like a good price?

I live in SE Pa. Thanks for any insight.
  • scorpio1947scorpio1947 Member Posts: 7
    When I purchased an '06 JGC Laredo 4x4 65th anniversary edition, I got a total of 20+% off of MSRP. There was very little difference to the Limited except for Leather seats.
    You can't compare a price you got in 06 to one in 11. The Grand Cherokees are actually selling well.

To the OP, you should be able to get invoice price. That's easily doable.
  • doittoit1234doittoit1234 Member Posts: 11
    Hi there, I just returned from a dealership feeling pretty good and was hoping to get those feelings confirmed. I sat with the dealer and priced out a build...a 2012 Laredo 4x2 with E Group ( mandatory), 26x package and Nav. The msrp was 35,515, the invoice (man. Cost) was 34,289. He offered me the "FFP" (which is the family and friend price---I am neither) and that was 33,946. He said bottom line price, including chrysler fee and dealership fee would be 34,000. Then I have the option of the 1000 rebate or 1.9% for 60 mos.

I think it's a good deal from what I've been reading...any thoughts?
  • kgannonkgannon Member Posts: 4
    Looking for white Overland with saddle interior, V6. Anyone recommend where to go what to pay and best out there in Dallas area??? Not financing.
  • kgannonkgannon Member Posts: 4
    we are looking to buy exact same car over next few days. We are in Dallas. How did you get them down? They have loads of cars but don't seem as willing to deal. Where did you buy yours? We aren't financing and no trade in.
    Sounds good. Good luck.
  • badrhinobadrhino Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4
    3.6L V6
    Base ($28,995)
    26X Package ($5,300)
    Panoramic roof ($1,195)
    All weather capability group ($695)
    Laredo E Group ($2,000)
    Destination ($925)

MSRP: $39,110
    Out the Door Price: $33,500 (cash deal)

Purchased on 12/31/2011 at Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID
  • abeck1abeck1 Member Posts: 1
    38,450 MSRP

$31,500 negotiated price
    $334 / month + $19 tax +$8 interior warranty and treatment + $8 oil changes and tire & rim warranty with courtesy car. Total monthly payment of $369 per month.

total down including 1st months payment, taxes, and security deposit of $2200.

the residual is .54

36 month lease at 10k miles per year.

Did we get a good deal?
  • webbstar842webbstar842 Member Posts: 1
    2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo X Series 4x4 3.6-L V6 24-Valve VVT
    Exterior - Mineral Gray Metallic Clear Coat
    Interior - Black Leather
    Standard Equipment for Laredo X
    Optional Equipment
    Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    Driver/Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
    Power 8-Way Driver and Front Passenger Seats
    Custer Preferred Package 26X - $5,300
    Laredo E Group - $2000
    All Weather Capability Group - $695
    Trailer Tow Group Class IV - $595
    Power Single-Pain Sunroof - $850
    Media Center 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (40GB)/NAV - $395
    Destination Charge - $825
    MSRP - $39,655
    Final Price - $36,626 (After sales tax, Processing Fee, Trade-In [$300], $1000 Cash Rebate)
    Monthly Payment - $416 for 72 months @ 3.9%

Dealer had one more a this price....And, it's just as loaded with goodies as the one I got has...
  • gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    which State?
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    Please post your price paid without sales tax, because that varies by state. All $$s posted should exclude variables that you / dealer cannot control (like tax).
  • zyaaaaazyaaaaa Member Posts: 36
    A 72 month lease? Yikes!

Any idea what your credit scores were? Been trying to track down Ally's lease requirements for their top tier leases.
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Found a brand new 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4.

Additional Options:
    Customer Preferred Package 26E
    Uconnect(R) Voice Command with Bluetooth(R) $ 495
    SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
    MSRP: $30,415

Selling Price: $25,415

Is this deal too good to walk away from? Most new Grand Cherokees have $5k off the sticker price.
  • jbmcelyjbmcely Member Posts: 15
    I think that is a hell of a deal. This is the deal i just got.

2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo 2x4 $26995
    Customer Preferred Package 26E $2000
    Uconnect(R) Voice Command with Bluetooth(R) $ 410
    SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription

$30330
    Preferred Price (invoice -1%) $28700
    -2000 in incentives $26700
    2100 for tax title license fees $28800
    0 down
    72mo@ 3.9% 450/mo

hopes this helps
  • ringwoodringwood Member Posts: 1
    can you share the name of the dealer? Thank you!
  • newt5newt5 Member Posts: 15
    This is the deal i just got in Colorado

2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - $28,555
    Security and Convenience Group - $995
    Laredo E Group - $2000
    Trailer Tow Group - $595
    All Weather Capability Group - $695
    Power Sunroof - $850

$35,855

$1000 Chrysler rebate = $34,855

I talked them down to:

$31,293
  • alextroyalextroy Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man

You will see my posts in a few other sections as well, the wife and I are pricing three separate vehicles. Can you please post the May money factor/residual numbers for 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X (4x4), need lease for 15k miles per year, zip is 11803.

Thanks!
    Got the following offer I want advice on...

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, with "x" package
    Sale price $33,000
    39-month lease
    15k miles per year
    Dealer absorbing 3 remaining payments on my current lease ($483/month), current disposition fee of $300, and overage charges of $255.

Lease price is $459/month.

I am on long island.

Thoughts?
  • rayd8rayd8 Member Posts: 5
    Is $32,000 a realistic number on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X 4x4 with sun roof and nav? I would be taking the 1.9% financing and i live in NY.
  • milazzo1milazzo1 Member Posts: 8
    Alex, I'm on Long Island as well. In same boat as you with current lease situation and looking to get same Jeep. If you can give me dealer/sales person info I would appreciate it.
    John
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My apologies, I did not know.

Kyfdx - while you are, can you please comment on jeep deal I posted?

Thanks
    I'm not really up on the Jeep lease programs, so it's hard for me to know... Looks like you rolled about $2000 into the lease, so that adds $55-$60 per month to the payment..

Picking the right car is more important than the deal (can't believe I just said that...lol). If you are happy with it, then that's what is important..

Congrats on the new Jeep!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• egor105egor105 Member Posts: 1
    About to purchase a JGC Limited and was wondering about ways to get best pricing.
    Looks like most deals posted here are 3-5k below MSRP, are you likely to get a better deal negotiating JGC pricing rather then using chrysler partner pricing?

Thanks...
  • none14none14 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a fully-loaded Grand Cherokee Overland Summit in February, 2011. Thought I might share my impressions after driving it for 24,000 miles. If you have specific questions, post them and I will be happy to answer.
    About me, this is the first American made vehicle I have ever owned. I'm 53 years old. My wife and I usually drive Infiniti's, Hondas or Nissans. I was extremely apprehensive about buying American as I believe the Japanese make far-superior vehicles.
    I bought the Jeep primarily because I needed a reliable SUV to haul my kids around in and to occasionally take off-road in my job in the energy industry. Also thought it might be handy for our winters here in mid-America but since I bought it, the drought has ceased all snow and ice.
    I bought the V-6, primarily for the gas mileage but it has turned out to be the biggest disappointment about this SUV. It just does not perform, period. Getting on the highway it can flat out get you killed with its slow response. I have learned to 'floor it' to get it into passing gear if I need immediate acceleration. I am sure that is why my mpg averages 15 city and 17 highway.
    I love the tan leather interior and the overall looks of the SUV. Sorry ladies, but it conveys a very masculine impression. The headroom and legroom is great, both front and rear. I'm well over six feet tall and it is plenty big for me. The stereo is very good and this is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in. You just cannot hear any exterior noise except when you are racing down the highway and the wind is blowing hard. It has a very solid feel to it and is easy to drive.
    Basically, I like everything about the Jeep except the under-powered engine. Without that, it gets an A. Taking it in to consideration, I rate it a B.
  • tpaine76tpaine76 Member Posts: 3
    I am finalizing my purchase of this vehicle and opted to get the weather package. I also wanted cargo covers but was told that there were none on the lot that I could get without buying into another expensive options package, which I did not want to do.

I asked the salesmen if the dealership could sell me one and just install it when I receive the car but was told that I would have to deal with the Parts Department after the sale.

I was wondering whether that was normal. It seemed like there were lots of GC Laredo's on the lot that did not come with cargo covers from the manufacturer. It seems odd that the vehicles would ultimately be sold without them -- except as part of a mandatory options packages.

Would love to hear others' exepriences or knowledge about this.

Thanks.
    I asked the salesmen if the dealership could sell me one and just install it when I receive the car but was told that I would have to deal with the Parts Department after the sale.

"Well... thanks for all your help... I'll be moving on to a dealership that will do what I want and need.... "

Feel free to paraphrase.... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks ... I ended up haggling a little bit more and the dealer agreed to take one off of another vehicle and charge me $150 for it, which was $50+ what he said the Parts Dept would charge to order and install it afterwards. ... I was ok with this, as it appeared that the I got a decent price off MSRP as a whole.
    I had one more question for the community at large that came up with the finance guy at the end of the deal ... He was pitching a Jeep Chrysler 7 yr/70k extended warranty for somewhere between $1100 to $1200 ( I don't remeber the specific price), saying that the amount was not too much above dealer cost to provide the warranty and that given the complexity and electronic-laden nature of these vehicles -- in my case, a Jeep GC Laredo, with Quadra Trac II -- it was a good investment.

I have typically not done extended warranties in the past. But I plan on keeping the vehicle a while (my last one was a 1996 GC with 162K) and the vehicle is a lot more complex than my last one.

Any thoughts again would be greatly appreciated.
  • acuracyclistacuracyclist Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to purchase a JGC Laradeo or Overland 4x4. I like the Overland and all the features it offers, but i like the price on the base laredo model. I am looking for a few people that can share the MRSP and features of their specific JGC vehicle and then what they actually paid (please do not include TTL or anything other than vehicle price). I am looking for recent purchase info, since the few posts that show prices paid on a Laredo or Overland are 3-9 months old. I have gotten email quotes of $5800 off an Overland (MSRP of $44.8k) and $3100 off a Lardeo (MSRP of $31,700). Thanks to all who are willing to share what they paid. :D