Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Usually Carmax has about as good a price that one can find on a NEW NEW vehicle. Around invoice is what they charge. This is what they're asking on an 07' Rubicon. ANYTHING but invoice here:
    Florida Final No-Haggle Price: $29,458 *

National Base Price: $29,309
    Processing Fee: $149
    MSRP: (New) $29,810
    Invoice Price: (New) $27,57
  • chrisnvbchrisnvb Member Posts: 1
    I live in Virginia Beach, and the dealers here just placed a $ 1,700 "Market adjustment" on the Wrangler Unlimiteds here. The best i could do here is slightly under MSRP!

I have found a dealer in NC who will sell it for invoice, with no other dealer fees (processing fee, documentation fee etc). He will even deliver it up to 3 hours away for free. He calls it "Ebay" pricing. I will post his information if it works out as explained.

It really sounds like a great deal.
    Keep us updated on that chrisnvb. I have NO dealers in my area who will even come close to invoice.
  • mikesjeepmikesjeep Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a Rubicon unlimited in Southern California through the Costco program. When I ordered the jeep on Dec 15th, 2006, the costco sales person at the dealer stated that the price would be $500 under invoice. I couldn't believe it so I immediately ordered my Rubicon fully equipped. He didn't even ask for a deposit. I've been calling Chrysler and my jeep is still in BG status. From what I've been reading I think this is a good deal.
    Mike in Seal Beach :)
    Thanks much mike..for the input. I'd order one right now for $500 under invoice.
    What is the price of the membership card? I thought the warning at the bottom of their web page should NOT be over looked now that the Wrangler is "hot."

PLEASE NOTE: Certain vehicles may be excluded from the program due to circumstances including, but not limited to, limited supply, high demand and/or dealer participation. The Costco Auto Program has made every effort to ensure the Costco member receives the most competitive pricing available on those vehicles that are included in the program
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    A Costco membership is around $40/yr... If your wife can't bear to drink any water that doesn't come from a plastic bottle, you will save enough on that one item to pay for it.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

When I called the jeep dealer (Countywide) in December he told me that the costco price was $500 under invoice. I immediately went down to the dealer and he showed me the Costco price sheet, which showed the 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon at $500 under invoice.

He had one on the lot, an X w/o 4wd, but I wanted a Rubicon, deep green to match my 51 Willy M38 Army jeep. He told me that I can order the jeep and that the price would still be $500 under invoice when the jeep is delivered. He also said that this pricing was effective from 10/13/06 to 1/11/07. I ordered the jeep on December 15th, 2006 so I am eligible for this costco price.

I called another jeep dealer in So Calif. (Irvine) just to check and there price was $800 over invoice. A $1300 dollar difference.

I then called Costco auto program and they verified that my dealer, (Countywide) was selling the Rubicon at $500 under invoice and that the other dealer (Irvine) was in fact $800 over invoice. So I think each dealer will set the costco pricing depending on what they think is a fair deal to them and costco members.

The costco auto program person pretty much said that the $500 under invoice deal I have at Countywide will be honored when the jeep gets delivered.

Mike in Seal Beach, CA
    kyfdx, NO wife. But if I could get the same deal (under invoice by $500) Jeep will be selling yet another 07' Jeep 2-door Wrangler.
  • fireplace64fireplace64 Member Posts: 6
    Thought I would put my 2 cents in re: Canadian prices for a four door (and they are all 4x4 in Canada) and the prices seem to be pretty much the same as in the US.

Not sure off all the details for the upgrades but here is my breakdown:
    18" Wheels
    Rear Anti-Spin Diff.
    Front and Rear Floor Mats
    Trailer Package
    Dual Tops
    Rescue Green
    Total Sale Price: $27,850
    Freight: $1,200
    Federal Air Tax: $100
    Tax For Fuel Consumption: $400
    Dealer Admin Fee: $399
    Provincial Sales Tax (the 1st tax): $2,395
    Federal Sales Tax (the 2nd tax and YES WE GET SCREWED HERE WITH TAXES): $1796
    TOTAL on Delivery: $34,141

I ordered early November and have not got it yet but I expect it soon. Also have not bought an extended warrantee yet but I probably will (considering what I have been going through with my 2005 TJ Sport (lease is up in the summer and cant wait to get rid of it).

Anyway let me know if I over paid or any other comments.

BTW - its rescue green
    That $34,141 is the equivalent to $29,209 American dollars. Back out $4K in taxes (American around $3,400) you're talking about $29,950 (American $25,263).
    Here in N. Ill. the dealers will NOT budge on a 2-door Rubicon. Have had correspondence with no less than 5 dealers and there ain't no way in hell invoice can be achieved let alone sub $500. Any input from other new wrangler 07' buyers throughout the US would be appreciated.
    Is that a fair price - Its about $2000 (give or take below the price off the Jeep.ca pricing tool. Don't know what the invoice price is up here? Any Ideas?
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Invoice pricing isn't easily available in Canada.
    There's no reason you have to purchase in your home state. You can either have it shipped to you, your local dealer, or you can go and drive it home yourself.
    Try Edmunds and go from there. Punch in your vehicle and options then calculate you exchange rate W/O the tax consequences. Right now Edumnds have the 07' Wranglers selling for $500 BELOW sticker. Which is way above invoice.
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    I'm really confused why anyone would buy an Unlimited when you could just go out and buy an Xterra with so much more power and torque (and a 5-speed auto).

The appeal of the Wrangler for me is in the classic Wrangler design. There truly is only one. But an Unlimited feels like a terrible compromise -- the extra weight just exacerbates the fact that the Wrangler is woefully underpowered. If I were driving an Unlimited, I would flinch every time I saw an Xterra or FJ Cruiser on the road, knowing they were so much better. Driving the normal Wrangler, I wouldn't feel that way at all.
  • booger636booger636 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Reno, NV and have had the local dealerships continue to give their scripted dialog about high demand and low supply bla, bla, bla. The local dealers want about $2500 over MSRP because of the above bla bla bla.

After seeing a newspaper ad about Jeep dealership (Liberty Jeep) in Winnemucca, NV (about 200 miles NE of Reno) I gave them a call about their 'No Secret Pricing' expecting to get the same BS about supply and demand. They told me that they will can order any Jeep from the factory or locate one from another dealer - - FOR INVOICE. They just happened to have just what I wanted on their lot. Gave them a credit card to hold it on Friday and they even drove it to me today!

I have had it only a few hours but love it..... I traded in a Ford Expedition and after driving that for a couple of years, I don't find the Jeep underpowered. Would be nice to have a few extra horsepower, but I have never heard of anyone claiming that their vehicle has too much horsepower.

ArizonaJoe, I can't speak to the FJ.... haven't really seen one too close up, but I owned an Xterra and thought it was the cheapest made vehicle I have ever owned.
    THANKS much for your input. I'll keep shoppig for an invoice deal like you got.
    I think thats a good price. Invoice that is.
    What Wrangler did you get with what accessories?
    Mike in Seal Beach
  • booger636booger636 Member Posts: 2
    I got the '07 Wrangler Unlimited 4X4 in Red Rock Red with the tow group, Automatic transmission,Trac-Loc Differential, 6 disk with Sirius, Freedom top and 18" wheels.

Like I said, I'm really pleased so far and getting a good deal on it makes me even more pleased.... glad I waited for the right deal.

Also, (as someone else in this forum pointed out) there is a dealer in Hickory NC that has what they call Ebay pricing. It is Steve White Motors and they claim "the buyitnow price is invoice less rebate less up to half of the holdback". They also claim to ship for free to many states (although Nevada not being one of them).

Good luck on your search!
    From the Chicago Tribune auto section today:
    Q. We ordered a 2007 four-door Wrangler in November and have been told there will be a longer delay in delivery. What's the problem?

A. We called Jeep and, as suspected, it's a matter of demand and the inability to build it fast enough to match the number of orders--with 20,000 on backorder.
  • steveboppstevebopp Member Posts: 13
    There's no reason you have to purchase in your home state. You can either have it shipped to you, your local dealer, or you can go and drive it home yourself.

California has tougher emission laws... can it still be done?
    I don't know, but if I was in the market I would certainly enquire. It seems reasonable that you should be able to, especially as an order code for Calspec is readily available.

In fact, a California spec Wrangler has an option code RCA, which is a $360 addition to the invoice price, though $0 on the MSRP.

I also know of several instances where vehicles, though not Calspec, have been ordered in one state and delivered to another. Maybe I should have prefaced my original sentence with "Generally...."
    Whats the invoice price for an unlimited sahara. Everyone talks about above and below invoice but how do you know your getting it?
    Right here on Edmunds.com

Jeep pricing

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Right here on Edmunds.com

Two minutes...........like a shot from a gun! :shades:
    Probably less than 2 minutes. But the TMV values can be most skewed.
    I believe the two minutes that he was referring to, was my amazingly quick response to the question.. :surprise:

Of course, the fact the computer is close to the doughnuts helps in that regard.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the direction. I found the prices.
  • pkearpkear Member Posts: 26
    :) I got mine from the Hoover dealership in Moncks Corner SC. I tried everything I could and there was no lowering the price $27,969 on my new 2007 4 door. I got nothing nowhere nada in lowering. The good news is It looks like I did not pay over invoice per Jeep.com. Now where my deal came in is the trade in. I had a 96 Ford e-350 van with a book of about $2,200 but it had a lift for a wheelchair so they called around and found a buyer who they claimed would give them $3,500 for it we all know they most likely got more. It may not seem like a lot of difference however the van came into my possession because my mom signed it over to me before she passed away. I had $0.00 in the van and it was the 4th vehicle in the yard with only 2 drivers my girls are 12 and under. The van also got about 9MPG which factors in later. I also used $7,500.00 worth of insurance money my down payment which still left me with a comfortable amount left over in the bank. So overall I got my Jeep by financing $16,969 plus taxes and tags which is all that I figure my jeep costs me as the rest was a windfall that if not spent on a jeep would have been nickeled and dimed away on stuff we did not need. The best part of it all is what happens when I look at monthly payments (I will never tell that amount as it is no ones business but your smart you can use a loan calculator and figure it out based on a a 60 month loan). Once I figure in gas savings from driving my 90 Suburban or the van of at least $200.00 a month of the payment is made out of the savings in fuel costs. This is based on a once a week fill up that used to be $60-$75 dollars that is now $30-$35 with gas prices being equal. :shades:
    BTW I still have the suburban for a while till I get my hitch installed and a closed in trailer (I have an open one now) so I can load hay and feed if it looks like rain out w/o worrying about getting hay and feed dirt into the interior of my new jeep. I will then sell the suburban or maybe trade it in on another jeep for the wife and sell her car. Because it's like that car comercial around here where the first one up to leave gets to drive the new car. In fact she was the first one of us who took it offroad.
  • broombroom Member Posts: 6
    I ordered a 2007 Wrangler Rubicon with half doors. FYI, Daimler Chrysler requires that you get the side air bags when you order the half doors. The doors are no additional charge, but the air bags are. Mine was $25,480. I live in Northeast Ohio and I think I got a good deal. Dealer said I will be waiting about two months for delivery.
    You ordered a 2-door Rubicon or 4-door? And what was the sticker price if you don't mind?
  • freet3freet3 Member Posts: 5
    looking at 4 door sahara it list at 28,845. selling price is 26,500 .what is a good lease payment for this price . the dealer quote 443 for 48 months with no money down.i perfer a 36 to 39 lease .also i have a trade in.they will give me 3000 over what i still owe.should i put the trade in on a lease . thanks
    You might do better posting that particular question over here: Jeep Wrangler: Lease Questions
    The rubicon I ordered is a 2 door. Base MSRP is $26220 plus $490 for side air bags plus $660 destination charge. These total $27370. Again, my price was $25480. Several dealers told me that was Invoice price even though that is a bit off from Edmunds listed Invoice price. Dealers claimed some costs were included such as advertising. It bothered me that they wanted me to pay for the advertising that won my business, but I just shopped around and bought from the dealer with the best price and ignored their petty explanations. I'm anxious to take the best off road vehicle ever made into the woods, although I'll baby it at first.
    You're about $500 over invoice according to Edmunds. These 2-door models should sell at invoice and not one penny over IMHO.
    I shopped around quite a bit and bought from the lowest dealer in my area. Several other dealers offered to match the price, but not beat it. I guess the jeep SHOULD go for invoice, but try to convince the dealers. You pay the lowest price you can get, or you go without the vehicle.
    MOST dealers play from the same game book regarding prices. They won't admit to this but it's true. That's why your price quotes were alike. Maybe this spring invoice prices will be available.
  • tl1jonestl1jones Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 2003 Jeep Wrangler X last week at Hurd Automall in Johnston RI. They wanted $14000 FOR IT . I wasnt about to pay that, i asked the bottom line and after a week of negotiating and talking, i got them down to $11595.
    Its got 30k miles on it and runs like a champ. I also got the 3 yr / 30k mile warranty as well.
    If anyone has any suggestions as far as getting a hard top goes, it would be great. it came with the soft top. Not too bad but i think i would rather have a hard top.
    If your looking for a good deal, head over to Hurd Auto mall in Johnston RI , they are good people.

Travis
    Here is what I found for a new one at JC Whitney they are not the only place out there that has them and sometimes not the cheapest either but it was a quick search.
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENT- RY_ID:2009600/p-2009600/N-111+10208+600016050/c-10108
    You could also go try e-bay I saw several looking at acessories to get ideas for my new jeep just do a search for jeep hardtop.
  • willnjwillnj Member Posts: 1
    just ordered my 4dr unlimited sahara with the AEM,24G,CJ1, and CLE packages.I paid $28,107.00, which is invoice price. I started with Steve Ford Jeep in NC, the one who uses EBay pricing. They were at $28,305.00 with a $200 travel expense, i'm in NJ. I requested a quote from Edmunds, which was submitted to 5 dealers. 4 of them would not come down that low, but Pine Belt offered me the price of $28,107.00. Steve Ford lowered their price to $27,850.00(still with the $200 travel expense) but I didn't think the different in price was worth buying from a dealer so far away. I will say that Steve Ford was able to give a week of deilivery while Pine Belt gave me the "6 to 8 week" phrase. From what i was told dealers have an allotment in each build, depending how previous amount of jeeps sold. So now starts the waiting game. Anyone have an idea on delivery timeframes?
    Anyone have an idea on delivery timeframes?

They haven't changed much in the last few days since this post HERE.
  • adm5adm5 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2007 4x4 Sahara Unlimited in steel blue - well stocked, with an msrp of $29,325. The dealer had also posted an additional "Market Value Adjustment" sticker of $1,800 - which we just basically laughed at - and got the car for $28,375, which I think is about 5-8% above invoice - and I think was a pretty fair deal. The dealer said that this "MVA" was going to be even higher come spring when everyone wants one of these sweet jeeps.

Anyway, I was so happy to find one in stock with all the things I needed like; auto transmission, air bags, soft top - I went for it, as the dealer told me that these cars were hard to come by -- and besides, it was in steel blue, which was the "hot" color! Is that true? Should I have waited? Would silver or green have been a better choice for resale?

Also, at the last minute - we got suckered into a 60K/6 yr. extended warranty for $860. Is that worth it? We have 60 days to cancel.

Thanks!
    Assuming that is not $860 a year I would have taken them up on the warranty as well. They offered an extended on the one I just got however it was a lot closer to $3,000 for the same coverage so I turned them down. I figure the extended plans are just a way for the dealership to get extra off you buying a car anyway however what you quote would have been too good to pass up. I can still add it on before the factory runs out if I want to but at that cost I figure if something breaks after 30K/3yrs I can fix it myself or pay for it.
    Any recent experiences regarding prices on a 2-door Rubicon? Most here are talking about their 4-door Wranglers.
    CarMax now offering Rubicon 2-door 4WD at invoice prices. They've dropped from a few hundred under sticker in the last week or so. So there is hope for we potential (pay invoice ONLY) Wrangler buyers.
    Hell, CarMax even sells new Vettes at invoice. I don't believe too many Chevrolet dealers would honor that price IMHO.
  • newjeepgirlnewjeepgirl Member Posts: 7
    Question: Do you guys think prices on wranglers will come down in the spring or go up. I'm still holding out. Thanks much.
    I don't think you'll see prices much lower than invoice. Which is obtainable now.