Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    Since my old lease was up in Novemeber, I had no choice but to buy then, but i do remember my salesman saying prices would go up during the spring - my way of thinking on that is that its the traditional way of convertibles, people need a 5 passenger convertible will have no choice
  • newjeepgirlnewjeepgirl Member Posts: 7
    thanxs guys! Lastly: it is common to get invoice price even with an ordered vehicle? I've found that most dealers are willing to go down more on a vehicle they have on thte lot.
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Depends on the attitude of the dealer and the current state of his business. The longer he holds possession of a unit the more it costs him, hence the desire to shift existing stock.
    However, an ordered unit is an easy number in the books and has no associated costs attached to it.

Just say what you want to pay (within reason) for an ordered vehicle and be prepared to walk if they won't meet your price.
  • broombroom Member Posts: 6
    Daimler Chrysler said my Jeep was in "BG Status," and it "passed an edit." The representative was not able to tell me what that meant(nice customer service when someone can spit out a code and not know what it means). Anyway, does anyone know what an "edit" is? Customer service is useless at Daimler Chrysler. I'd like to cancel my order if I didn't want the Jeep so much. Thanks.
  • iudannybiudannyb Member Posts: 3
    I apologize if this is a naive question or has been answered before, but... When you talk about “price paid”, does that include the $660 Destination charge quoted on Jeep’s website? For example, Edmonds quotes MSRP of $26,220 and Invoice of $23,936. Do I look to pay $23,936+$660+tax. Or should the $660 be negotiable?
    No, as a line item the destination or delivery charge is a fixed price charged to the dealer and has to be paid.

However, the individual line items become irrelevant if you negotiate an 'out the door' (OTD) price. Meaning the price you pay to drive it away except for tax, tag and title, the cost of which neither you nor the dealer have any control over.

If you end up negotiating an OTD price of say $25K, it doesn't matter if the delivery charge is $10K, the document fee is $14K, and the Jeep is $1K. As long as you're happy with the total, that's all that matters.
  • iudannybiudannyb Member Posts: 3
    that makes sense. thank you.
  • mp19fanmp19fan Member Posts: 102
    Ordered in early December, quoted 8-10 weeks. I guess the good thing is that as of 2 weeks ago my vehicle has a VIN. What does that mean, though? My salesperson couldn't explain. Can anyone shed some light as to how much longer before my vehicle arrives? FWIW, I was able to get roughly $1200 off MSRP here in So CA for a 4x4 slate blue Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. Are other parts of the US getting better deals? Also, where can I find allocations locally? Because if I find one, I'll probably just cancel my order.
    I guess the good thing is that as of 2 weeks ago my vehicle has a VIN. What does that mean, though?

Your vehicle now has an official identity, rather than just being an order. Whether you buy it or not, it will be built and it will have that VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
  • new2audinew2audi Member Posts: 1
    OK...am thinking about joining the ranks of Wrangler owners. Have been in search of 2 door model but have had trouble finding one in the color and equipped like I would like. Just wondering, from other's experience, if you special order exactly as you want, how much is the dealer willing to work on price. Common sense tells me that you are going to get a better price dealing on instock inventory, but not sure how much better...is the offset enough to give up some things you want on the Jeep?

Have a ton of other questions, as well, as to how to equip if I do order...will post those in the appropriate forum(if I can find it!)
    Copy of post #266:

"Depends on the attitude of the dealer and the current state of his business. The longer he holds possession of a unit the more it costs him, hence the desire to shift existing stock.
    However, an ordered unit is an easy number in the books and has no associated costs attached to it.

Just say what you want to pay (within reason) for an ordered vehicle and be prepared to walk if they won't meet your price."
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bsmith123bsmith123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Actually don't worry about not being a true Jeepster! The Rubicon only came into being by being inspired by guys who did their own mods to make their jeeps more capable. These guys would say real jeeps are built not bought!

I do admire someone doing their own work and especially cool is fabricating your own parts. In this way the Jeep world is a little like Harleys

Every vehicle has limitations just stay within yours and have fun. You'll have fun doing the mods and talking about them with fellow wrenchers.

Personally I own a Rubicon---I've wrenched for a living all my life so I don't mind someone else doing the work! ha ha!

Enjoy your Wrangler
  • twolabstwolabs Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 4 dr Silver Sahara 4x4. It has most of the options except navigation and dvd. MSRP was $31,5k and I got it for $30,2K. Dealer was stuck on $30,5K, but finally able to get a little extra knocked off. Thought this was a good deal considering the current demand. Just wanted to pass it along.
  • rp05rp05 Member Posts: 20
    I was looking to buy a 07 Unlimited and had been told on March 23rd that I could no longer order one and they wouldn't honor my Chrysler affiliate rewards pricing either on the units they had on their lot.
    I called another dealer some 50 miles away and they said I can order a new unit and can use affiliate pricing. They really didn't sound to sure on the phone though, "I'm pretty sure you can" the salesperson told me. Does anyone have any information.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Would NOT buy any Jeep Wrangler at these ridiculous prices. Chrysler is dying a slow death and the ONLY thing selling for them are these Wranglers. Chrysler is just laying away you buyers. WAIT. Have patience. Do NOT get screwed by these sleazy dealers. Pay INVOICE ONLY or NOTHING at all.
    LOL, I guess you won't be buying a Wrangler anytime soon!

Just a couple of points I'd take issue with. First, it really is unrealistic to expect a new model from any manufacturer to be widely available at invoice pricing. Second, it's possible to buy a Wrangler at or below invoice right now. It all depends on the geographical location of the dealer and the business model he's using.

Finally, whether you buy at $1000 below invoice or $1000 over MSRP makes no difference to DC. Volume of sales is all DC cares about, and at the moment they can't keep up with demand.

Do I sense some kind of personal issue here?
    Do I sense some kind of personal issue here? Not at all just common sense. Chrysler is on the ropes to put it midly. Their attempts to sell the joint will happen but ONLY on the new private buyers terms. Which means the current employees are going to get the shafting of their lives. Wrangler is the ONLY entity making money now but does that give them a reason to "screw" these potential buyers into the ground? Ford tried it with the Mustang for a while and I bet lost future sales as a result. Guess who's offering rebates on the Mustang now? As for WHAT region is asking invoice only? I'd love to hear it for I have found NONE. And yes I would buy an 07' Rubicon 2-door for invoice if I can find one. So NO, to your initial question.
    I can't (won't) do all your research for you, but you could start by re-reading post #254 for details of an ordered Wrangler at invoice.

In general terms, I can't imagine why any manufacturer of any product would want to sell it for less than the optimum return. If you can sell all you can make, and there's a ten to twelve week delay in fulfilling current orders, why would you hand out rebates or reduce the price? All that would happen is that the number of orders would increase and the delay would lengthen, while reducing the income to the manufacturer. The time to reduce prices is when supply starts to exceed demand, not the other way around.

Anyhow, I still don't understand what DC is doing to ""screw" these potential buyers into the ground".
    You're totally missing my point. You're talking from the dealers and/or DC point of view. Mine is from a consumers end. Paying sticker on a vehicle that will be worth 1/2 in 3 years is why one should not pay sticker. Unless you have a printing machine in your basement, that type of consumption is what BK courts are for. It's called being upside/down. Negative equity. Subprime market, etc..For starters rid the auto/dealer world of the coveted protections afforded them via the franchise laws. Allow the INFORMED consumer a fighting chance. As for those willing to be gorged by paying sticker I feel no pain for that type of compulsive buyer. There's one born every minute for sure and the auto world loves them. Maybe when Chrysler is bought out and these massive concessions kick in these Wrangler dealers will be selling shoes. Discount ones at that.
    You're totally missing my point

I don't think so, it's just that I disagree with you. :)

I try to see the whole picture rather than just the consumer's or the manufacturer's point of view. The economics are quite simple. If you want a product now that's in short supply/high demand don't expect to get it for peanuts. If you'd rather pay a lesser price, then wait awhile until demand drops/availability increases.

Depreciation is strongly linked to initial purchase price. Reducing it, either by a lower MSRP, rebates, employee pricing etc., etc., will immediately lower the corresponding resale values. Rolling over the negative equity from previous vehicles, and financing for long periods at high interest rates, have far more to do with being 'upside down' than purchasing at MSRP.

Dealers will happily sell you a Jeep at invoice when they can't sell one for more, or when it makes sense to do so in order to increase their volume of sales. I support the right of any dealer to decide his own selling price, just as I support the consumer's right to pay only the amount he thinks is reasonable.

However, the dealer is in a much more unenviable position than the consumer. After all, nobody has to buy a Jeep, but the dealer must sell them if he's to remain in business. It doesn't take long for the dealer to meet the demands of the marketplace. I've yet to hear of a customer being forced to buy a vehicle, and certainly not at a price he wasn't prepared to pay.

Finally, it is true that I'm not getting your last point: "Maybe when Chrysler is bought out and these massive concessions kick in these Wrangler dealers will be selling shoes." What are the massive concessions you refer to, and how are they going to affect Jeep dealers so negatively?
  • tommyboy6tommyboy6 Member Posts: 3
    I, along with about 90% of American car buyers, agree with this Jerry and his "take" on the dealers world. He speaks for the majority of us. For a dealer here to post is ridiculous. That's akin to giving the fox the key fob to the chicken house. Chrysler is indeed going to bought out by a private firm which will demand massive concessions from its workers. That's inevitable. Maybe the dealers will even lose their precious holdbacks in the process. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of arrogant losers. The Wrangler dealers asking sticker is pathetic. I too attempted to purchase an 07' and was livid at the arrogance of these ---holes. Only a dealer would post such myopic BS as mac24 has. Welcome to America.
  • wheelsdownwheelsdown Member Posts: 250
    That does it Martin, I will never buy a new car from you.

Terry
  • nolid5nolid5 Member Posts: 148
    I still would but only if it's below invoice. :P
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    I happen to agree with him.. If they have a popular model that is selling without incentives, why would they sell it for less?

Chrysler has a plethora of crappy models that need incentives to move, and they oblige by laying them on thick..

It is the free market at work.. Learn to love it..

Heck.. I don't think Mac even asked you to buy a car from him.. ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sathomps10sathomps10 Member Posts: 14
    Ok, I guess it is only right of me to first say that I am too a dealer. I will obide by Edmunds own rules and not tell you what dealer I am, but I will simply say that we are one of the top Jeep dealers in the country, and the #1 Wrangler dealer.

With that said, I can not for the life of me understand the comments made on this forum. My first reply is simply to those posters who are angry, mad, upset, and downright rude about dealers in general, Chrysler as a manufacturer, simply because a dealer will not sell them a Wrangler at what they think they should pay.

As I mentioned above, we are the top Wrangler dealer in the country. With that said, you must understand that every dealer has a certain number of Wranglers allocated to them based on their past wrangler sales.

For us, that number is large. For others, that number may be small. However, that is not significant. If a dealer has a vehicle they know they can sell for X dollars... then why is it wrong for the delaer to ask, or therefore, demand x dollars? They know what they are allocated, what they may or may not be getting in, and they demand for such vehicles. If you ask to pay invoice, the dealer has every right to say NO, because they know 10 minutes after you leave, a customer will offer sticker.

Now... with all of this said, I do NOT advocate selling above sticker. However... for someone to be as frustrated as some of you seem to be simply because a dealer refuses to sell the car you want for what you want to pay is absolutly ridiculas.

You .. as the customer... have a decision. either pay what the dealer is asking, or try and find it someplace else. If, after some time... you can not find a dealer willing to sell you the vehicle at your price (which is what i suspect) you again have a choice. Pay what the dealer is asking, or simply wait. Over time... the price will go down however it may take 6 months or 3 years. as the previous poster said.. its about supply and demand.

Lastly, to the other poster who made some ridiculas comment about dealers losing holdback, etc. Dream on. Every manufacturer has this, including your foreign makes. This is a guarenteed built in profit that is part of the business model of a dealer. Some of you have the attidtude that ALL dealers have an obligation to lose money so you can drive your car of choice. Dream on.

Hopefully you all understand my comments and if you don't, I am sorry to let you know you will be on this forum 1 year from now with the same frustrations as you have now. Good luck living with THAT stress!
    I, along with about 90% of American car buyers, agree with this Jerry and his "take" on the dealers world. He speaks for the majority of us.

Wow Tommyboy, I didn't realize Jerry headed such a large group. I'm afraid I can only speak for myself. Are you a friend of Jerry's? I only ask because this is your first post since you became a member last month, and you have a writing style very similar to his (almost identical in fact!). You also seem to have his sense of frustration and anger, at least on this subject. Perhaps you're related then? Twins maybe? Do tell! :)

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not a car dealer (or even a former car dealer). I just find that I get a better idea of the big picture if I try to see both sides. Rather than just railing against the system, I find it more constructive to examine it in detail so that I can see what may be possible (there's always a way :) ).

Want a cheap Jeep, want it now, want it on your doorstep? Nope, can't be done. So, what to do? Stamp your foot? How did that work for you? Sore foot but no Jeep huh? How about changing one of the parameters? Expensive Jeep? No, that'll hurt more than your foot. Wait until supply matches demand? It didn't sound like patience is your strong suit, so scrub that one. Final option, go to where the Jeeps are cheap. I gave you a link to a previous post with details of an invoice purchase, did you check it out? It does sound like the most agreeable option to get what you want right now.

That is what you want isn't it, a cheap Jeep and not just a platform to rant at car manufacturers in general and DC in particular? There may be a forum for that here on CarSpace, but really, this one isn't it. ;)
    That does it Martin, I will never buy a new car from you.
    Terry

That will work perfectly Terry, as I don't have one to sell you. :)
    I still would but only if it's below invoice. :P

Now you're just being silly. :shades:
    I happen to agree with him.

Now I'm starting to get worried.

Kind of like when the political scapegoat of the week hears that he has the full support of the President. :surprise:
    With that said, I can not for the life of me understand the comments made on this forum. My first reply is simply to those posters who are angry, mad, upset, and downright rude about dealers in general, Chrysler as a manufacturer, simply because a dealer will not sell them a Wrangler at what they think they should pay.

Don't take it to heart, I think it's poster singular, rather than posters.

I do believe that most people here, while thinking it would be nice to get something for nothing, are intelligent enough to realize that there is no free lunch.
    Why reply to fluff? I have better things to do. But I will say this. I have posted just a few times here and no I have no 2nd screen name pal. Your allegations of impersonations is pretty sorry stuff. Maybe try the Oprah show instead. You're not a dealer you say then why post your laughable input all day long? Maybe get a dog or something for obviously sales ain't good back at the dealership now are they. Dealers are just that. It doesn't get any simpler. Even you could figure this out. The Wrangler is the new "gotta have toy" in America thus these dealers are squeezing every buck out of the situation. Free enterprise you say? Buyers beware you say? My [non-permissible content removed]. It’s called greed. The franchise laws precluded the free enterprise system from working decades ago. One can't buy direct from the factory. If we could there would be no need for greedy car dealers. No holdback/freight charges/price manipulation. This industry has been protected for years because of the lobbying groups sold out America. Chrysler will announcing their sale to a private group, as had been alluded to, in days is most true. And yes these new owners will demand deep and painful concessions. Hopefully, the pain will be felt all the way down to these dealers. To the point where some of them are knocked out of the box. Maybe then they can work on their spelling. I hope that #1 Wrangler dealer that supposedly posted here has someone else writing up those sales contracts. All one has to do is practice general law for a couple of years to conclude the above mentioned. I have, and believe me some car dealers and their financial con artists are the sewage of all sewage.
  • wheelsdownwheelsdown Member Posts: 250
    Oh come on now - A lawer calling some else degrading names?

Terry :P
    I have posted just a few times here and no I have no 2nd screen name pal. Your allegations of impersonations is pretty sorry stuff.

Your Edmunds bio says otherwise. Yesterday's post was your first and this is your second.

The Wrangler is the new "gotta have toy" in America thus these dealers are squeezing every buck out of the situation.

I'm glad you appreciate the popularity of the Wrangler, but it's not exactly the new kid on the block. It's been around in one form or another since the 1940s.

One can't buy direct from the factory. If we could there would be no need for greedy car dealers.

Can't argue with that, but the extension of that premise doesn't really sit too well with some of your other arguments. For instance, here would be no incentive for the manufacturer to sell at anything other than MSRP. I don't see any benefit to the consumer by turning a competitive marketplace into a monopoly situation for one supplier.

All one has to do is practice general law for a couple of years to conclude the above mentioned. I have, and believe me......

LOL, you're funny!

Look, we're not really on topic for this discussion and while I'm quite happy to continue lobbing this stuff back at you, I don't really see that much point to it. I'm pretty sure I'm just making your blood pressure higher than it ought to be, and I can't take your arguments with the seriousness that you seem to think they warrant.

Why not start a discussion specifically to cover these issues? I'm not sure quite where the best place would be but I'm sure one of the hosts would be happy to help.
    You should write a book sir titled I have all the answers and everyone else should adhere. Would not in any way want to spar with you or anyone else. Your opinions are yours alone. Your rendition of the free market system is biased and distorted but only if your a car dealer. It's the consumer I was referring to. As for my bio I suggest you check with Edmunds if your so adamant that you're correct all the time in your statements. Try the Cadillac board, for obviously you have nothing else to do with your time.
    As for my bio I suggest you check with Edmunds if your so adamant that you're correct all the time in your statements.

I just did, and you can do the same, by mousing over your screen name. It currently shows you having a total of three posts with this being the third. These bio pop-ups are a new feature and have gained a reputation for being annoying rather than inaccurate, but I suppose it's possible.

As for being correct all the time, far from it :blush: . However, I do disagree with you on many of the points you've made, and where I've disagreed with you I've tried to explain why. For instance, if you remove any competition for selling a product by reducing the availability to be direct from the manufacturer only, I see no reason why the manufacturer wouldn't sell at the maximum price possible. Automobile manufacturers in particular are not known for their altruism.

I know that this isn't your view, as you've implied that we'd be better off buying directly from the factory rather than from 'greedy' car dealers. I just don't understand why you think this would be so, because you've haven't given any explanation.
  • sathomps10sathomps10 Member Posts: 14
    I don't even know why I am going to bother on replying to so called TommyBoy... but.. nonetheless... it may be the reason Ms. smith still tries to teach Johnny 2+2=4.

First, we are off topic and.. I check these boards to simply familarize myself with the marketplace and.. to see what my competition is doing. With that said.. i do take it personal when moronic comments are made.. such as If we could there would be no need for greedy car dealers.

Look at the Jeep Lineup and.. educate yourself before you make such statements. First.. the Liberty as overdue for a facelift and... therefore.. in the last 12 - 18 months.. it has become a loser. Most Liberties sold are either at $0 profit, or a slight loser. The Commander and Grand Cherokee are on the fence.. depending on the incentive and.. number of days in inventory. Typically.. a dealer can lose alot of money on a $45,000 Commander if he has it on his floor plan for over 90 days. The Compass and the Patriot are brand new, and.. the profit margin on each is very small, if not insignificant.

That brings me to the wrangler. If in fact the dealer knows this is a profit generator... possibly $2,000 - $4,000 per Wrangler sold... he has an obligation to his buisness to generate as much profit as possible to simply recoup any money lost on other models sold.

Which, in turn brings me to my second point. If the average profit on a 2007 Wrangler is $3,000... and it is a middle of the road Wrangler ($25,000).. the dealer is only making 12% on his upfront investment. This does not include any possible advertising costs, interest paid on his existing floor plan, etc. I would urge you to educate yourself on the profit margin of typical items sold at target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc and you will find the margins are much higher, sometimes exceding 200% or 300%.

But.. because this is the vehcile you want.. you again think the dealer has an obligation to sell it to you at YOUR price. wrong. He has an obligation to sell it at the most profit he can, simple as that.

Obviously you have a sore tooth regarding dealers and.. you think they are all money hungry vultures waiting to wipe out your savings account. Although some dealers may operate this way, most dealers do not. They are more interested in earning your business, building a relationship with you and your family, and selling you 20 cars not just 1.

However... by your statements, you either have not purchased many vehicles in your lifetime, because your obvious lack of experience, or... you are simply the A Typical customer who goes from delerhsip to dealerhsip getting thrown out by every salesman he meets because you offend them or.. think you are entitled to insult them for your own self gratification.

Now to get back on topic... I will let you know.. that this whole supply and demand issue will not get any better in the near future. Chrysler is poised to buildout the 2007 model year because of the backlogged sold orders already placed. So... if you are thinking of getting one.. and want one this year.. you best act quick or you will be waiting until fall.

:-)
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    Good God ! Whoever you are, Whatever you do...USE SPELLCHECK ! :mad:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Let's get back to Jeep Wrangler pricing, and if at all possible, stay there.

(giantsin06, I could easily suggest that you use grammar check as well, but we're talking about vehicles rather than spelling/grammar/syntax)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    When and where kirstie ? Otherwise , up your paralipsis ! :P
  • wiggles1wiggles1 Member Posts: 12
    Bought my 2007 Wrangler Unlimited X, 4X4, soft-top in Graystone Pearl yesterday at Foster Jeep in Middlebury, VT. It was almost exactly what I wanted ... no sirius radio, but that's ok. Also, it did come with the smokers package - which is a joke of a $30 plastic cup and lighter. I got a good deal on my trade and paid between invoice and sticker - since I really wanted the car now I didn't mind paying a little bit more than I originally intended, or hoped for.

Foster Jeep was really easy to work with and more than fair in getting this deal done.
    Not only favorable figures make for a good deal, being treated fairly and with respect does as well. Sounds like you did well on both counts. Congratulations! :shades:
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    Hello guys
    I have been looking at a new vechicle. I was at the new york auto show yesterday and I liked the wrangler. I like the Rubicon 4x4 Unlimited 4 door Wrangler. On the jeep website, It was listed $28 and change. With the options I want. Automatic transmission and Power package (lame that we have to pay for it). It went over $31!!! $31!!! There's no f-ing way I would pay that much for a jeep!! They dont hold the value!! And the fender was cheap plastic!!! Geezz what were they thinking. If i get with the hard-top. It costs even more!!
    I like the wrangler. I dont think its worth that much for it. I wouldn't mind paying $25!!
    Anyone having problems with their vinyl top? leak or anything? I'm looking at the tacoma! Looks I'm going steps towards the pick up truck. How much are you guys paying?
    There's no f-ing way I would pay that much for a jeep!! They dont hold the value!!

That's a new one! :shades:
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    If your so quick to move from a Rubicon Wrangler to a Toyota Tacoma, then its obvious you don't need the Rubicon trim in the first place!
    If your looking to stay close to 25, get a X model with the S package, which equals Sahara minus colored fenders, with Auto, 17", Power Stuff for a sticker of $26,200. $25k negotiated and no complaints.
    A fully loaded Tacoma costs north of $30k, theres no way I'd pay that considering you can get full size trucks for that today.
    Buy whatever you want.
  • u8everythingu8everything Member Posts: 13
    After reading these posts it's most obvious that any negative input regarding the Wrangler product is either lambasted and or discarded as irrelevant by the experts here. Any positive comments are not treated with the same scorn. Does Edmunds ever check on these constant and relentless posters as to whether or not there is paid compensation involved? Or is this bent all a loyalty thing?
    Who'd a thunk it? Regular posters on Wrangler specific forums being enthusiastic about their personal choice of vehicle! :)

Oh how I wish DC would track me down and remunerate me for my posts. However, if they did I'm not sure how Edmunds would ever find out.

If someone comes onto a Jeep board to unreasonably discredit the product it's not surprising they tend to receive a negative response. However, if you want to discuss a genuine Wrangler problem I don't think you'll find someone trying to dismiss it out of loyalty to the marque. If you post that you're cross shopping a Tacoma and a Rubicon, or intimate that Wranglers don't hold their value, it's likely that you won't be taken too seriously (at least by me).

Finally, it's interesting that people making a negative post like yours are often first time posters who joined the very same day. Regular posters, or lurkers that have been here a little while, can usually see that there's a reasonable balance here, and certainly no blind loyalty to DC.

I'm curious, why did you join yesterday just to make that post?
  • xscoutxscout Member Posts: 141
    I don't know if I would ever pay $31,000 for a wrangler or any car for that matter either, but to say wranglers don't hold their value? Once you do some research you are going to have to eat those words!
  • u8everythingu8everything Member Posts: 13
    Is an interrogation part of the whole scheme of things here or what? Why I posted is my business but obviously it has something to do with research. And I see very little in the way of that for there isn't much actual price input here which is my focal point. The other Wrangler message board has more of what I'm interested in. I don't know what future values will be for the new Wrangler and neither does anyone else. For the future doesn't relinquish details like that. I owned a Corvette for 5 years and yes, they depreciate too, no matter what one might have heard.
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    If you guys are paying $31 for a wrangler! talking about just got ripped off!
    Dude, if I'm going to get truck, I want it hooked up! Not a lame base vehicle!
    The Ribucon kicks [non-permissible content removed] but the price is really itching my skin!
    Guys, not too be mean or rude, The Wrangler will hold the value if get all the option that can ever dish out. and beside, they have so many of them out there!!
    I dont know, I need to test drive it to see it better i guess.
    but anyone have problems with the soft top leaking?