Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    How do you like your 07' Rubicon? Did you get a decent deal if you don't mind me asking?
  • lasse06lasse06 Member Posts: 7
    I ordered our 2008 Sahara.

Dealer said that buying a 2007 off the lot would have meant having to pay MSRP. She suggested that ordering would be a better deal. She offered $750 over dealers invoice.

We ended up agreeing on $500 over invoice. All options were at dealers invoice also. They said 13-14 weeks before the jeep would arrive. We can't wait! :)
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    We leased ,signing in November .Car delivered in January. Price that was used was $26,000 which was way under MSRP .We put $1800 down and pay $449.52 per month for 36 months . We get 18,000 miles per year. :shades:
    If people are ordering 08's now then why aren't their 08' ordering sheet (with prices) listed anywhere?
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Perhaps because there's no urgency at the moment.

The dealer doesn't care, he'll take whatever allocation he can get. He's not worried that a few hundred dollar increase will kill sales.

The customer doesn't care, as he can always walk away if he thinks the price is too high when the vehicle arrives. As most of these deals are $X over invoice, or below MSRP, he has an indication of whether he's getting a good deal or not.

I know it might be irritating to you, but the figures will be available soon enough.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!
  • printzprintz Member Posts: 70
    When my 08 Sahara arrives at the dealership in early August(hopefully), due to ship the 25th..........My deal was $500 over invoice, so the dealer will present me with the paperwork for my jeep & add $500 to the invoice...If the price of the 08's went up, so be it, as long as they stick to our original deal there will not be a problem, if they do not, there will be a problem(at that point I can walk away, although I'd rather not))....Will keep anyone who's interested informed........I do wish there was some info. on the 08's though........
    It's always interesting to compare the base prices on hot selling vehicles. The auto mfg's are real good at passing subliminal increases throughout the year. With the production mix highly in favor of the 4-door Wrangler (vs the 2-door) I wonder if this will entail better pricing possibilities for we 2-door enthusiasts in 08'?
    With the production mix highly in favor of the 4-door Wrangler (vs the 2-door) I wonder if this will entail better pricing possibilities for we 2-door enthusiasts in 08'?

Have any gut "guesstimates" on this issue?
    I'd like to know how it goes when your '08 arrives.

I just ordered our '08 at $500 over invoice. The dealer assured me that the pricing would not change from '07. I am still not sure that I believe her. We are expecting it to arrive in late September/early October.
    Really your best bet is to find a dealer that will work with you on a factory order. Some will, some won't, but it's an easy deal for both sides if you can agree on a price related to invoice.

I've no idea what the price change will be, but if you want a 2 door and the MSRP/invoice goes up a few hundred bucks will it stop you buying one?
    Make the best deal you can and enjoy the vehicle........the '09s won't be any cheaper. ;)
    I don't believe anyone unless I know them personally. And I'm not castigating auto dealers but it seems that the truth is a vanishing act in life today does it not?
    My dealer told me the same thing about the price really not changing on the 08's(especially the 2 door, I still have the printout for the 07 jeep I originally ordered, so i'll know right off the bat if there was any price change on the 08's)............
    Will let you know what happens when it comes in.....What model did you order???.........
    We ordered 2 door Sahara with HardTop.

We are really looking forward to getting it in. We were told 13-14 weeks from when we ordered it last week. But, hopefully it will arrive sooner.
    I'm interested in an 08' Rubicon (2-door) version. Appreciate your input as always.
    Chrysler announced today ALL Chrysler products now come with a lifetime drive train warranty. Seeing how Chrysler owns Jeep would they included in this warranty program?
    A new Jeep purchased today and beyond would fall under the program. Is what I was told from the Detroit news writer that detailed this latest warranty program. Great news for the original buyer. Subsequent sales of the auto which is less than 3 years old, the new buyer would receive a new 3 year warranty.
    Yes, definitely covers Jeeps, though no diesels, vehicles used for commercial purposes, or SRTs.

Vehicle has to be returned to an approved dealer for an inspection every five years within sixty days of the warranty starting date.

Of course it remains to be seen how long Chrysler will be around to service the warranty, and what happens if Chrysler sells off Jeep is anybodys guess.
    Of course it remains to be seen how long Chrysler will be around to service the warranty, and what happens if Chrysler sells off Jeep is anybodys guess.

My very same thoughts.
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Member Posts: 45
    Yep! We looked around and there was nothing in the immediate area even close to what we wanted and they knew it. I know this is weird but I actually felt I saved money. I'm not big on having to pay like this but my wife was looking at Volvos, Land Rovers and some other "crossovers" that were in the 35 to 40+ thousand range. I would have liked to wait until the "craze" died down but I'm, minimum, 6-7,000 less by paying full on the Jeep. So far we do love it. I was out with the soft top down in 75 degree weather and it doesn't get any better.
    We all know "crazes" do in fact abate. Some more than others. I'm shopping right now (08' Rubicon 2-door) but the best deals I've witnessed have been via CarMax. Only 3 Jeep locations however. But, according to them, they can not place orders on the 08' Jeep Wrangler yet. Which sounds a little suspect to me. But what do I know?
    Yes, very suspicious as they almost encouraged me to place an 08 order at the end of June. How can it be that these people don't remember they are a service organization. By actually taking pride in what they are doing and that we are excited, happy and proud of giving the 10's of thousands or dollars to have something we actually want of theirs and realizing that our happiness is what makes us want to return. Even though I received what I wanted, I cannot say it was a "pleasant" experience. The only person I really met was my sales person and the finance person. Both nice people but not the experience I expected from a company that I gave $30,000 to.
  • sathomps10sathomps10 Member Posts: 14
    Who would you expect to meet? You said you met your salesperson and the finance manager. Did you expect to meet the owner, maybe a Chrysler executive? Get real bud.

And... to take that a step further, you did not give "these people" $30,000 of your money. If you were slightly more intelligent, you would realize that you gave "Chrysler" $30,000 of your money, not the dealer. The dealer finances the car from Chrysler, then pays back that "loan" when you asume your "loan".

Posters on here need to wise up a bit. Your not going to get any special treatment from any dealer, salesperson, or manufacuter. Your one small fish in an ocean of an enterprise. Your really should thank them for having the vehcile YOU wanted, in the color YOU were happy with and arranged finance terms YOU could afford.

Wise up kids!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Wow... customer service isn't exactly your strong point, is it?

Thank the dealer for letting you spend your $30K.. That's rich.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Intelligent posters only please.
    Looks like you might have to move along, then...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Your one small fish in an ocean of an enterprise.

It's hard to really argue with the content of that post, though the packaging could have been a bit nicer.

You're buying a product built on a production line, one of many thousands. The salesman makes a very small percentage of that $30K, likewise the dealership.

The big money comes from secondhand sales, and the service and repair work that comes from having a manufacturers name on the front of the dealership.

Expect a better service when you spend $30K on a high profit item though, like jewelery or furniture. They'd better be nice to you because at least $15k will be markup! It won't break the car dealer's heart if you walk on the deal, but you might see real tears from the jeweler if you take your business elsewhere. :cry:
    There are very professional dealers than there are anything but. I've dealt with both trying to find a 2-door Rubicon for a good price recently. The dealers are currently only selling low margin vehicles. Gas prices and people holding cars longer (because I believe they're more quality built today) are but two reasons. Still the Jeep Wrangler is sexy and premium pricing is intact. Either wait and or do your leg work. Maybe just maybe you'll find a dealer that will go half way with you. If not, then don't complain (not you personally) if you allowed your emotions to over ride your common sense. People love their vehicles in America. And dealers know all too well the latest craze are money makers. Problem is for them now those money making SUV's and trucks are not selling well. That's makes a "gotta have" unit even more valuable to them. Milk the cow until she dries up is not just an old farmer adage.
    Amen men borther!
    Where or where are the 08' option price lists? Edmunds just has the base prices listed NO options however. What's Jeep waiting for X-mas?
  • mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    Does Jeep (Chrysler Financial) ever offer 0% financing on Wranglers?
    Nope.
    Mr/Ms sathomps10, I don't know what I said to make you so mad. If you read both of my posts on this, you will note I acknowledge what I spent and how I like it. As a later post mentioned, the dealer makes it on other services of which I was not made to feel real welcome on. Your post suggested that I am an idiot for saying what I did or thinking what I do. I do have a bit of experience in purchasing vehicles as I have owned over 30 cars in my 40+ years on this planet and over half of them were from dealers. In my experience, this was one of least "positve" purchases I had (and for a vehicle which was one of the most expensive). I did expect to meet the sales manager and the service manager which I did in all but the smallest dealers before and I have felt "special" in most of those instances.

I mostly take offense on the tone concerning my intelligence. Being a physician and teacher with a tiny bit of education I would have a question with what I said and what it had to do with my intelligence. Especially when the questioner cannot spell "vehicle".
    Forget any negative posts sir. They're all over the internet. As for your purchase good for you.
    That's good advice!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Forgotten! Bottom line, I love my Jeep! 2000 miles on the vehicle and had to tow a 2000+ lb trailer. Cut out the overdrive and had 17 mpg to boot. Came home, dropped the top and took my wife out for a fun in the sun cruise. Not too many vehicles can do that.
    I received this memo from a Jeep dealer in LA. Any input as to the truth of this? Seems pretty extended time-wise does it not?

AT THE PRESENT TIME JEEP HAS STOPPED SPECIAL ORDERS FOR 2007 AND ORDERS FOR 2008 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL LATE SEPTEMBER EARLY NOVEMBER.
    When I purchased mine July 5th, my dealer said that they were not accepting orders for 07's as the factory was finishing off the builds for dealer orders for inventory and any remaining customer orders. If I ordered an 08, it would have been 6 to 8 weeks, which would have put it into September then. So maybe the dealer is just covering themselves and waiting for the factory to catch up. The dealer also said that the factory was doing the change over to the 08's end of July. As it's not changing much if at all, there should have been not much change over.
    Picked it up yesterday...$26,700 out the door...The price has relatively unchanged........08 Sahara's come standard with 18' wheels, Dana rear axle, 1 year sirius sat. radio, I think a few small other things also) ....My options were auto, power pack, freedom hard top, red rock paint.....The front bumper has a new chrome piece surrounding the fog lights...It's solid as a rock & seems very well built...Good luck to everyone getting an 08....

For some reason I have problems accessing the forums, nothing else...It took me a week trying on several ocassions to get in...Anyone else have this problem???...
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    Congratulations. How about posting a picture ? :shades:
    I've had no problem logging in as of late. Maybe your PC has some type of a virus or what not. If you don't mind me asking what was the sticker on your Jeep? And YES we'd all like to see some pics.
    The sticker price was $27,105(the lifetime powertrain warranty is noted on the window sticker)......
    I live in NY, many dealers have 08's in(go down & check out your local dealer)....I would not know how to post a pic....I guess it would help if I had a digital camera :-)
    I posted an article I read Sunday regarding Jeep NOT recommending any type of synthetic oil in the Cherokee V-6 engines. I was wondering if the same holds true for the Jeep Wrangler line. But for whatever reason the post is no longer here. Any reasons?
    Go to the left-hand corner of the page and click on My Recent Posts.. You'll find it that way... You didn't post it in this discussion..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

In 2 places(this is still a very common problem).......Went to the dealer during my break, he replaced the front weather stripping....1 leak might be fixed, not sure about the other...Notified the dealer & they said come in any time & they'll take a look again..Not sure when I can get back there, at least it's not supposed to rain for awhile...I'm very frustrated...Will keep you informed....
    Just got a call from dealership. My '08 Jeep Sahara 2 door has a VIN# assigned to it. It should be just another 6-8 weeks according to dealership.
    You're all set once it's assigned a Vin.........You're going to love it........I get alot of looks.......What an improvement over the older models.........I never had a wrangler before & you def. have to get a feel for the handling, it took me a few days...........
    The dealer changed the front weather stripping in front of the roof panels(just washed the car & had the hose on the roof, no leaks, we'll see what happens).........The dealer just called me & told me that the weather stripping for the 2 front doors & for the middle of the roof panels just came in......I made an appt. for 2 weeks, this gives me time to see if the leaks have ceased.........
    Enjoy the wait!!!!
  • featherzfeatherz Member Posts: 26
    I ordered my 2008 on July 7th - Wrangler X (two door) with 23S/Trac-loc differential/towing package in Jeep green. Took it home on August 29th. $250 over 'invoice' but wasn't able to get rid of those junk fees (DAA/PPA, etc). Ah well, it was under sticker at least. :)
    Financed it through my credit union at 4.49% so they didn't have much motivation to drop the price any more.
    Love the Jeep, tho!
  • david34david34 Member Posts: 8
    I thought I had bought a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited yesterday but after the dealer prepped it I noticed about a 6" white scratch on the bottom passenger side of the rear hard-top and about a 1" square area on the driver side front hard-top where the black paint was missing and you could see the green fibre-glass. I had inspected the vehicle 3 times before buying it and hadn't noticed anything so it was either dirty and I didn't notice it or the Mexicans who prepped it really screwed up. After pointing it out the Mexicans sprayed half a can of tar remover on the hard-top (and the body paint!) and completely removed the finish without touching the scratch! I immediately cancelled the deal even though the dealer desperately tried to talk me into accepting the car with warranty issues..no f'n way! Toyota here I come.
    david34...If you don't me asking (and I'd walk away from that unit too) what was the sticker/price agreed upon, for the Unlimited 08' Rubicon? Thanks.