Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• david34david34 Member Posts: 8
    List price was about 33,800 and they would only take the 800 off, so 33k even. Other dealers I've talked to will only sell at list. This is for dealer inventory, not orders.
  • eyesportseyesports Member Posts: 9
    Looking to order a 2008 Wrangler Sahara - 2 dr. automatic - Navigation, etc in Steel Blue Color. I've been to 2 dealers here in Long Island, New York who will only sell at list. Anyone have and nearby dealers that discount these at all. The dealers I've visited don't have these coming in - so has to be a new order.
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    Forget them and keep looking via the internet. I've been quoted tons of $500 over invoice here in N. IL.. Still trying to get an ordered Rubicon 2-door for invoice. I'll find one and so will you. But you have to be persistent.
  • c650c650 Member Posts: 8
    I'm in the market for a 4 door Unlimited. LOVE the Yellow Rubicon for its looks. Don't necessarily need the Rubicon features, so perhaps a Rescue Green Sahara with a hard top and Tow package will do. When looking at a LOT of dealers in Southern Wisconsin as well as during my travels to WV and PA, these vehicles are nowhere to be found! Any insight on the low inventory, or is it just a case of the company being critically/sadly slow to ramp up production to meet the high demand? Perhaps ordering is the way to go, it would just be nice to find more than 1 at a dealer to compare colors/features etc.
  • mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    Have you tried any dealers in the Ohio area? Try Dayton and Columbus and see if you have any luck. There are a couple dealers in the Dayon area that have Unlimited models, but I don't think they are the Sahara model.

I know exactly how you feel -- I can't find the Jeeps I'm looking for either. I was looking for either 1) a 2-door Wrangler X in Detonator Yellow with side airbags and full doors w/ a hard top or 2) a 2007 Liberty with side airbags and Selec-Trac. Both of these are pretty much non-existent, which is sad because lacking critical safety features is what led me to trade in my last Jeep for a Subaru. The Subaru is a nice car, but it doesn't have the fun factor of a Jeep. :cry:

I have also been looking at 2008 Liberty online inventories -- and none of the Sports are coming in equipped with a sunroof and Selec-Trac. Why? What are these dealers thinking?? That chrome wheels are more important than full-time 4WD? :mad:
  • ssommassomma Member Posts: 1
    Buy yours at Seaview Jeep in Ocean NJ. I picked mine up last week and got it at invoice plus $500, plus they picked up about $1200 is old lease payments. This dealer is large with stock. Ask for Patrick.
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Why? What are these dealers thinking??

LOL...they're thinking that they want vehicles on the lot that move quickly.

Sadly, although virtually all consumers claim to place safety and utility at the top of their priority list, that goes out the window when it comes to signing on the dotted line. :(

Except for the rare 'enthusiast', for most buyers it's price, appearance, and visible features that secure the sale. Chrome wheels beat 4WD, hi-line entertainment beats supplemental airbags.

If you could swap airbags, seatbelts and ABS for a DVD/Nav system, I'm sure that 90% of vehicles would come with the DVD/Nav. Safety is an issue for someone else. Look at how many people talk on the phone, read, apply makeup etc., etc. and even don't wear seat belts.

When I bought my Sahara and ABS was an option, there wasn't a single ABS equipped Wrangler on any dealer lot in Alabama, Florida or Georgia.

To get exactly what you want, you just need to order. :)
  • jetsfan1jetsfan1 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in mid-July. I was told my wait would be 6-8 weeks. As of today, the dealer is telling me that Jeep still hasn't 'picked up' my order - in other words, it hasn't been scheduled and it hasn't been assigned a VIN. They tell me they can't even tell me when I can expect to get the new Jeep. With an existing lease expiring in 2 weeks, I have a problem. I feel like I'm getting the run-around. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Contact Chrysler/Jeep and ask what's going on.

The only delays I know of are:
    (WPK) 18” Aluminum machined wheels, which have a Job #1 of 10/15/07,
    and (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops, which have a Job #1 of 1/3/08.

Does your order feature either of those?
    mac24: What do you mean by these job #1 dates? Job #1 of 10/15/07, Job #1 of 1/3/08. Does this mean the orders with these options can't be filled until the given dates?
    It's a common industry term that indicates when that particular item or option will hit the production line for the first time.
  • cwdobbercwdobber Member Posts: 12
    I to placed an order back in July. I called Chrysler, they said my order was in BG status (passed edit n/a for schedule). So, I called the dealer and after some investigating determined that my order was on hold due to a shortage of fog lights and front tow hooks for the 23S package. My dealer said that these two items were being removed from this package. If it's produced this month, it will be made without the fog lights and front tow hooks.... bummer.
    And they wonder why manufacturing is being outsourced! No wonder Daimler Benz dumped Chrysler.
    Found this pricing: New black 08' Rubicon 4WD sticker $33,705. Asking $31,879.
  • cowboy12cowboy12 Member Posts: 8
    I live on Long Island and got offered $26,694 for a 2008 JEEP GREEN 2DR Automatic Sahara with Dual top and power convenience. Is this a good price?
    You have to state the sticker price first.
  • cowboy12cowboy12 Member Posts: 8
    The sticker is $27,920. Thanks.
  • lasse06lasse06 Member Posts: 7
    WooHoo! Just called the dealer and they said my '08 2 door Sahara will be here next week. I'll let you all know how finalizing the paperwork and the Jeep turns out.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who purchased a car recently instead of waiting, fearing that prices may rise as the dollar weakens. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 1, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
    I know this isn't an economics board but the dollar's (which isn't worth squat in Europe now and is now on par with the Canadian buck) fallout will ONLY come into play when one here is buying one made "there." This won't affect domestic made vehicles sold to Americans. The currency being repatriated over seas will however affect the cars price in the future though.
  • bethmorganbethmorgan Member Posts: 3
    We purchased a beautiful red rock 4dr Sahara Unlimited this July. We unfortunately found that the fender on the driver side of the vehicle did not match the rest of the car and the paint is chipping (big pieces) off the hinges! I took this to our dealership who looked at the fender and told me that they needed to send it to a body shop to have it repainted. Great I say!!! Nine days later, I get my baby back...poor baby, the fender is still not the same color and the 3rd party body shop did such shoddy work that my 4 year old could've buffed it out better! The dealership then sent it back to the body shop to have it redone, they kept it for another 5 days. When I spoke to David Hooten today and explained how many days they have already had this and how many more were guestimated, I explained that this is at the lemon limit...he told me he was going to dispute any information that I had and there was no reason for them to have my car!!!!! (Silly man, I have all the documentation from the dealership stating that there is really a problem) When you look at these vehicles, there is a symetrical seam that runs up the fender from around the headlight area, the body shop decided that it didn't need to be there and buffed it out of the fender and then didn't get the paint right!!!! So now my broken baby has a discolored fender and only one with a seam!!!!! Will someone please tell me how I'm supposed to explain that nothing happened to this car when I go to sell it and have anyone believe me!?!?!?!?! ARRRRGHHHH!!!!! The area representative said he thinks they should all be without the seam, that's great, maybe he should apply to the Jeep Design Department and help them out!!! David Hooten (area rep) had the nerve to tell me that Chrysler would not pay for another fender and that was my problem!!! I believe my problem was not shoving this square up his, well you know!!! How stupid are they, they send my car to a 3rd party body shop, they screw it up twice and then tell me it's my problem?!?!? Talk about customer service, I'm so glad I bought American!!!!! To top it off, when I first took the jeep in, I asked them about the recalls that I had seen on the internet, since we received no notification, I asked them to run my vin, low and behold, it was up for 2 recalls and no one was going to let us in on it!!! I do truly love my jeep, and would love to have it back, the dealership has given me a minivan to drive, did I buy a minivan?!?!? Does the roof come off the minivan??!?!?!? Talk about dissapointed!!!! :lemon: :mad: :cry:
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    What state are you in ? Call your state attorney general's office and speak with a representative there. They should be able to guide you ,particularly in terms of lemon laws. Good luck and do not give up. BILL
    Sorry to hear about this - I described some paint problems in an earlier post on an Unlimited Rubicon I nearly bought a month ago (cancelled the sale and walked out of the dealership). But your problem reminds me of a 2004 Armada I bought and discovered paint problems the next day. First NEVER buy a car at night! The dealership initially promised to 'buff-out' some scratches which they were unable to do and ended up making it a whole lot worse and that didn't help the cloudy areas of poor paint coverage. Next they offered to put it in the body shop which I refused and told them I wanted a new car which they refused. I called Nissan USA in LA and they couldn't care less. I then got a lawyer to write a letter to the dealer, copy Nissan threatening a law suit. A few days later the dealer called me and said my new Armada was waiting for me! Hope this helps.
    Bill - Thanks so much!! I'm in North Carolina and have a meeting with our "Pit Bull" attorney this week. I spoke with another dealership today (maybe I should've bought from them) and the salesman there is gathering some phone numbers of people higher up than this area rep. This salesman also told me that if the dealership does not have a body shop on hand, they can only use a Chrysler Certified body shop. Have you ever heard of this? Unfortunately for the dealership, this state is 20 business days in the shop for whatever reason, and a good attorney, and it's a lemon. I really love this baby and would just like it the color I paid for.....
    Thanks so much...the color difference was not really that noticeable, and frankly, I thought it was me...until another person asked me what happened to the fender. The reason we noticed the seam in the fenders was my husband coming into the house to ask me if I hit something with my new baby! I, being an overprotective woman of her new car, ran outside to see these seams and freaked! I then checked every Sahara I could find, and when I looked and the X I noticed that it was in production of the fenders. I really don't mind the seam, I did purchase the car, but I'm picky, I would really like them all to be the same! You know us women, never happy!!! How dare I expect a 26 MILE BRAND NEW CAR TO BE ALL THE SAME COLOR!!!! LOL!! I have a meeting with our "Pit Bull" attorney this Thursday. This poor man David Hooten, my attorney makes him look like a [non-permissible content removed] cat!!!! Thanks again for your info!
    08' Rubicon: Sticker, $31,580, asking $30,948.
    Sticker, $32,670, asking $31,988.

No bargains here for sure. These %'s off sticker are LESS than what Edmunds show under their TMV pricing format.
  • lindam2lindam2 Member Posts: 2
    my 08 Rubicon is in , does anyone know what the residual is for a 39 mo lease and the current money factor from chrysler.
  • cman3cman3 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a Wrangler Sahara on July 21st and it is still not scheduled for production. I talked to my salesman today and he said that Jeep is shutting down the wrangler production line for two weeks for maintenance. Does anyone know what the deal is here? I actually live in Toledo where the wrangler is assembled and I cannot get any information about my order. I realize that demand exceeds supply, but I can't understand why Chrysler treats their customers like this, it’s as if they don't even want to sell me a vehicle. I think they need to add a third shift and add an online tool that will allow me to track my order from start to finish. If I didn't already have my mind set on a wrangler I would definitely not buy a vehicle from Chrysler which is a shame because I want to support jeep workers and the American automotive industry, but they are making it unnecessarily hard for me to do that. I don't mind waiting for a vehicle, I understood that there was a three month wait prior to placing my order, but is it really too much to ask that I be kept in the know about the vehicles production status. I suspect that some of the options I requested may be contributing to the delay and if that’s the case I would like to know because I can live without some of them if it meant a sooner deliver date. In short I think Chrysler needs to step up customer service in order to be more competitive.
    I think they need to add a third shift. In short I think Chrysler needs to step up customer service in order to be more competitive.

WHY? You just stated you were upset over many a thing about ordering a Wrangler BUT YET you're STILL going to buy one. Why would Chrysler add another shift when they have people lined up to buy their product that takes at least 3 months to get? Chrysler is now privately owned. Which means cashola is job #1. And when they can get people to stand in line to pay PREMIUM bucks for one of their products they laugh all the way to the bank. Why would they make any changes?
  • cman3cman3 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I am still going to buy one, but I know people who have ordered a wrangler, got tired of waiting, and purchased something else.

As you indicated, Cash is king and currently Jeep can manufacture 583 wranglers during a two shift day, but demand is more than a 1,000 per day. If a third shift was added they would be able to produce approximately 874 wranglers a day. Therefore, demand would still be greater than supply and Jeep could still demand a premium price selling more vehicles at the same profit margin. Chrysler didn’t plan on the Jeep being so well received by consumers, the wrangler is experiencing a best case scenario right now and demand for the vehicle is up 71% more than the same period a year ago. I’m sure it is difficult to predict the future sales of a vehicle, but when demand is almost double supply I think its time to up the supply.
  • cwdobbercwdobber Member Posts: 12
    I placed my order on July 18th, spoke with my dealer on Friday and got my VIN #...hopefully it won't be another three months until I take delivery.
    Here in NJ it was difficult to get hold of them up to about a month ago. Since then they have been piling up on dealer's lots. You can get pretty much anything now including Rubicons straight from the lot. I have since bought an FJ Cruiser (which I am very happy with by the way) but Jeep dealers who didn't return my messages earlier in the year are now calling me with offers!
    man3..says: I’m sure it is difficult to predict the future sales of a vehicle, but when demand is almost double supply I think its time to up the supply.

I agree 100% with you but don't you think Chrysler is now betting that the demand will SLOW from a 2:1 ratio to a more "normal" demand/supply scenario? Maybe that's why they won't add another shift? Just a thought.
    CarMax says its Jeep dealerships will NOT accept Wrangler orders. Why would a new dealership conduct themselves in this manner with a winning model?
    Finally found a dealer that will sell me an ordered 08' Rubicon 2-door at invoice. 91% of sticker. Where as every other dealer wants 98% of sticker. Jeep, you have another order forthcoming.
    UAW strikes Chrysler
    More than 45,000 workers start second nationwide auto strike in less than two weeks, this time hitting No. 4 U.S. automaker.

Hopefully for all concerned this strike will be a short one too.
    Chrysler strike ends quickly
    Union announces tentative deal with No. 4 automaker less than 7 hours after pulling its members out of Chrysler factories.
    I've been reading another Jeep message board about how much consternation the ordered Wrangler customers are. They're expected production dates keep getting delayed. Are there any here who have experienced this problem? Jeep is about the only thing going for Chrysler these days. And they're milking this Jeep demand to the max. For they refuse to set up a 3rd shift. And don't forget that the 45K UAW Chrysler workers are venting their disgust with the proposed VEBA that Chrysler passed off onto the GM workers. Sounds to me that the UAW at Chrysler are NOT going to accept this health care proposal.
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    And don't forget that the 45K UAW Chrysler workers are venting their disgust with the proposed VEBA that Chrysler passed off onto the GM workers. Sounds to me that the UAW at Chrysler are NOT going to accept this health care proposal.

I don't know where you've been reading that the proposed contract probably won't pass but the UAW came away with a lot more than most everyone expected they would get.

- U.S. manufacturing job guarantees
    - Wage rollback defeated
    - $3,000 signing bonus plus 3-4% lump sum payments during each of the next 4 years
    - Future pension benefits boosted and many other gains

The GM contract was approved recently and the VEBA funding agreement for Chrysler workers is along the same lines. Voting begins Friday. I predict it will pass with ease.
    My uncle works for Chrysler. For 35+ years now. He is in on the current negotiations and said himself that he would NOT vote for the tougher demands the new owners of Chrysler are laying down. So I guess you could say I'm getting this from the horses mouth. CAT tried this health care trust BS and it didn't last 6 years. And that's when health care costs were LOWER. The UAW 67% passing of the contract from rank and file were NOT thinking "down the road." They were more concerned about plant closings. But when there are no monies to pay their health care costs 5 years from now they're going to REGRET what they signed off on. I can guarantee you that.
    The thing is now with Chrysler being a privately owned company Cerberus can file bankruptcy (the new CEO already mentioned this) and turn around and hire all new workers for a fraction of what the current ones are being paid.

At any rate, the contract vote is a big NO thus far. The two St. Louis assembly plants voted against it by a nearly 4-1 margin. If they go back out on strike expect them to be out for a long, long time.

Then when they get something to vote on after the holidays (I'm talking Christmas, not Halloween or Thanksgiving) it will be even less than what they were offered this time and no $3,000 signing bonus. That, on top of a lot of lost wages and lost holiday pay while on strike.

Things are not the way they were back in the 80s and early 90s as far as the UAW clout is concerned. It seems by the no vote many people are still thinking that way.
    The thing is now with Chrysler being a privately owned company Cerberus can file bankruptcy (the new CEO already mentioned this) and turn around and hire all new workers for a fraction of what the current ones are being paid.

I'd bet my last buck the fat cats who bought this company (Snow) don't have the stones to fire em'. The only thing he's good at is playing with someone else's money. I also believe the UAW are going to play hardball with this guy because they know all too well he couldn't care less about any line worker. He probably has never seen an assembly line let alone work one. A ton of animosity by the rank-and-file at Chrysler today towards these new owners. This is not the same contract negotiations that GM dealt with. At Chrysler it's much more personal.
    There was also talk in today's paper that if Cerberus and the UAW cannot come to some sort of contract agreement they might just decide to sell off the company in pieces.

They are looking for investors who can provide cash for product development. No one will join the team as long as this labor agreement remains unsettled.

Many outsider analysts say the company isn't going submit a better offer than what they laid out on the table already. Most of the UAW workers don't like it overall but in today's economy it's about as good as it is going to get.
    I'm sure someday they will sell the pieces of Chrysler. Like I said they know squat about making autos. As far as the Jeep Wrangler plant? The Ohio facility is state-of-the-art (have been there) and will be their crown jewel for sometime to come.
    Members of the United Auto Workers union gave a boost to the tentative labor deal at Chrysler LLC Wednesday, when rank and file at four key locals voted in favor of ratification. The cost-cutting deal had been seen to be at risk of defeat before the vote. If member pass the deal in voting that concludes Friday, it would clear the way for the union to move on to reach a deal at Ford Motor, the last of the Big Three to reach a cost-cutting deal.
    I read on Bloomberg.com earlier today that there is only one more major plant to still vote. They said that there are enough "yes" votes to pass, even if everyone at that plant votes against it.
  • dirkpitt73dirkpitt73 Member Posts: 14
    I've been eyeing the new JK Wranglers and finally got a chance to drive one today - loved it! I'm looking for an X w/ 17" wheels and Sirius, that's about it. I submitted a request to the Costco Auto buying program, I've heard it's generally at or below invoice. It said there were not dealers and to call. A short phone convo later and I was told the Wrangler is excluded, at least in my state (Texas). Ugh - so, I guess I'll have to negotiate the old fashioned way.
  • dirkpitt73dirkpitt73 Member Posts: 14
    The dealer I visited today didn't have any X's without some sort of package. If I get an X w/ just 17" wheels and maybe Sirius, will it have the lockable center console? Anyone else with a base X out there (sans "S" package) care to comment? Do you regret getting one so bare? Thanks ...
    FORGET that Costco stuff. They do NOT sell Wranglers at invoice. They refer you to some local dealer and then it's like, good luck. I attempted to but via Costco and believe me it's NOT worth attempting. I found a dealer who ordered me a 2-door Rubicon, sticker #31,500. Bought at invoice.
  • jkhkidsjkhkids Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2008 4-door Sahara with all the available options. I was pleasantly surprised to get 0% financing. My question, is the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty worth the investment (about $2400)? I drive 15-20K miles a year and keep my cars a long time (actually my intention is to give this to my 10 year old son when he starts to drive). Having never owned a jeep what can I expect in regard to maintenance after the 3 year/36 month warranty runs out in two years?

I am anxiously awaiting delivery sometime after the first of the year.