Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    I looked a little more at this.

On the Dodge website as well as Chrysler website, for GC & T&C respectively , we have this:

On the page under the link "performance"

Chrysler:

The available 205-horsepower 3.8-liter V6 engine on Touring and Limited provides impressive power to maneuver confidently.

Dodge:

150-horsepower 2.4-liter 4-cylinder 16-valve engine, standard on Caravan SE

180-horsepower 3.3-liter V6 engine, standard on Caravan SXT and Grand Caravan SE

205-horsepower 3.8-liter V6 engine, standard on Grand Caravan SXT

On the specifications page (for both):

3.8-liter V6 engine produces a silky-smooth 205 horsepower at 5,200 RPM with 240 pounds-feet of torque at 4,000 RPM

So they are saying 2 different things on their own website. Very strange...
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    2005 GC SXT 3.8L V6 HAS 215 HP @ 5000 RPM and 245 @ 4000 RPM Torque according to the Dodge website as of 6:10 PM MST Friday Feb 11, 2005.
    http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp?vehicle=CARAVA- - N&pid=6648016&adid=13190949&rid=0

Just scroll down and click onto "Powertrain" to get the data.

I have never read any other numbers at the official Dodge website or at Edmunds.
    2005 GC SXT 3.8L V6 HAS 215 HP @ 5000 RPM and 245 @ 4000 RPM Torque according to the Dodge website as of 6:10 PM MST Friday Feb 11, 2005.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp?vehicle=CARAVA- - N&pid=6648016&adid=13190949&rid=0

Just scroll down and click onto "Powertrain" to get the data.

I have never read any other numbers at the official Dodge website or at Edmunds. <<

I don't know what else to tell you. I thought I typed it out pretty thoroughly. I said specifically where the 205 number is on the official site.
    CR has said it has 205 HP, and both Dodge & Chrysler Websites show it as 205 or 215, depending where you look. I KNOW that it says 215 in the link you provided.
    Every Dodge website I have seen + Edmunds show the 3.8L V6 in the 2005 GC SXT has 215 HP while my 2005 Chrysler T&C brochure shows the 3.8L V6 in the T&C has only 205 HP.

I would like to see a Dodge web site that shows the lesser rating of the Horsepower.

The more attractive, less expensive GC SXT has more power than the T&C Touring clone. The question is "Why"? Is it like the Toyota 3.3L V6 has more power in the Avalon than the Sienna except the lower priced DC version has more power while in Toyota, the more expensive vehicle has more power?
  • mapper1mapper1 Member Posts: 11
    On 2/9/2005, I purchased a new Touring with no options. The deal I got was $23,195. But wait! The trade-in I got was $1450. higher than the other 2 dealers were offering. They were just offering Kelly Blue Book Trade-in value (good condtion) I'm inclined to believe my salesman probably also gave me only book value for the car and took the price off the new Touring. That would bring it down to $21,745. From what I've read in these posts, for a Touring with no options, that's a low, but reasonable figure.
    I would like to see a Dodge web site that shows the lesser rating of the Horsepower. <<

As I stated earlier:

http://www.dodge.com/caravan/performance.html
  • greener1greener1 Member Posts: 37
    I assume from reading your post the prices you list for the touring are after your trade-in of $1,450
    THANKS for the link. I am now a believer.

Amazing that Dodge has websites with conflicting information.
  • mapper1mapper1 Member Posts: 11
    I shopped at 3 dealers for the same vehicle. My trade-in appraisal at 2 of the dealers was $10,550. (which is Kelly Bluebook Trade in Value for a 2001 Toyota Avalon XL in good condition, with 51,700 miles) But the 3rd dealer offered $12,000. for the Avalon, and his list price for the new Touring was in line with the other 2 dealers. The deal seemed too good to be true, but it went through, to my surprise. I regret I couldn't get the red color I wanted. (none were av'bl in cloth) So I had to settle for the Bright Silver.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Folks, further posts regarding horsepower will be removed from this discussion, which focuses on pricing & the purchase experience. Please start here:

dennisctc, "Chrysler Town & Country and Grand Caravan 2005+" #472, 14 Feb 2005 8:07 am

to talk about horsepower.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• flash9flash9 Member Posts: 7
    Deal we got:
    2005 T&C Limited - Magnesium Pearlcoat - Khaki
    Sticker $36,125 Invoice $33,056
    $31,600 - $2,500 Rebate = $29,100
    Cary, NC on 2/26/05
  • rytromrytrom Member Posts: 5
    got today 2001 T&C LXI fully loaded with 41T miles from a dealer with a gold-check 2 month certificate. 13.5T + paper + tax. In Atlanta it got altogether to 15T
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    Why does a dealer sell a van for $1400 under invoice? If holdback is 3% of msrp they are losing money. Please explain. Did you get the employee price?
    I did my negotiating where I had three dealers give me there &#147;best&#148; price, then listed separately their fees (i.e. Doc fees, dealer prep…). I then informed them I would choose between the Chrysler Rebates that were in effect. (Reminder until 2/28/05 they were: $2,000 with 0%, or $2,500 plus $1,000 if you finance with Chrysler Financial, other dealers were saying the rate would be in the 6-7% range, but I did not care because I would just refinance it with my Credit Union in a couple months for 3.9%.) This dealer offered the best deal at $500 under dealer invoice plus any rebates, and they had two exactly with the features we wanted. We wanted a Limited with no other options. They had a Butane Blue with Gray, and Magnesium with Khaki. We went and looked at the vans and choose the Magnesium with Khaki, I told the salesman I wanted the $3,500 rebate, and could he check what the interest rate would be. He said with my credit he could get 3.99%. This locked the deal.
    The next day we came back to make the purchase. We sat down with the finance guy. When I looked at the final price, it was nearly exactly $1,000 high! I noticed the rebate was only $2,500. He said that dealership does not offer Chrysler Financial loans, and the loan was through a local bank. I said this was not what I had agreed to, and was ready to walk out. The Salesman was called in and he and the Finance guy left the room. I do not know if the room was wired or not, but I turned to my wife and said there is NO way they were going to drop their price another $1,000 if they were not getting it back from Chrysler. The salesman came back and offered to take $900 off of the agreed upon price and through in the molded splashguards $38 value. Since this came off the sales price there was no taxes on the $900, where there is on the $1,000 rebate.
    So, that is how we got the deal we got!
    Great deal flash9. congratulations and enjoy your new van.
  • sonshinesonshine Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2005 Town & Country Touring FWD Signature Series (3.8 L V6 Engine) in Linen Gold, with the following included equipment and options:

* Included Rear-Seat DVD Entertainment System (including 2nd-row overhead 7" video screen, wireless headphones & remote control)
    * Included In-dash 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer
    * Included GPS Navigation System
    * Included Power Moonroof
    * Included Leather Interior w/2-tone accents
    * Included Heated Front Bucket Seats
    * Included Power Front Seats
    * Included Driver's Adjustable Lumbar Support
    * Included Luxury Front & Rear Floor Mats
    * Included Power Adjustable Pedals
    * Included Trailer Tow Prep Group (including load leveling & height control, heavy duty radiator, engine oil cooler, heavy duty transmission oil cooler, trailer tow wiring harness, and 600-amp battery)

Total List Price was $32,780
    Dealer's Offer was $30,881
    Added Secure Etch @ $349
    Added Sales Tax @ $300
    Added Closing Fees @ $599
    Added Elec Filing Fee @ $45
    Added Tag Fees @ $34
    Total Cash Due was $32,208
    Less Rebates of $2500 + $1000
    Final Cost to Consumer (me) = $28,708

I still have a hard time believing that I am paying almost as much for a vehicle as I did for my first house ($29,750 in 1979), but overall I am pleased with the cost as compared to Toyota & Honda listing the same options.

QUESTION:

I have ordered the following "aftermarket" add-ons by Mopar and have been quoted the following costs and labor charges. Can anyone tell me if there might be a way to save money on these items and/or on the labor?

ParkSense Rear Park Assist: $299 + $190 labor
    TurnSignal Mirrors: $199 + $160 labor
    Running Boards: $475 + $195 labor
    2nd Row Cargo Bins (2): $99 + $75 labor
    3rd Row Cargo Bin & Table: $250 + $150 labor
    3rd Row Cooler: $49 + $0 labor

The labor charges seem steep, and I still can't figure out what labor would be involved with the 2nd & 3rd row cargo bins.

Any advice here would be most appreciated!!

*Sonshine*
    I can not comment on the first three costs, but the Cargo Bins and Cooler simply drop in. You do know that when they are in their holes you CAN NOT fold the seats! One aftermarket item I feel is very nice is the molded mud flaps. I think the price was $38, and they were extreamly easy to install myself.
  • sibyllasibylla Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2005 TC Touring today with leather interior w/ heated power front seats. Paid 22999 plus the usual stuff. Total about 24800, financed through Chrysler which got me the extra $1000 rebate. The car was purchased in the Metro Atlanta area. I think it was a pretty good deal even though the current TC model is a bit outdated. My wife absolutely loves her new Brilliant Black TC and its Stow n Go seats and power doors, liftgate, everything.
  • bigc2bigc2 Member Posts: 1
    Maybe I'm a sucker but I couldn't resist the offer the dealer made on a base T&C. I walked out the door oweing 15,300 with nothing down and a reasonable interest rate on a 2005 brand new base model T&C. I'd like to think I hit about as low as they could go. Price before tax, freight, and tag and title was 13,750. Dealers in the area were advertising 12,999 but everyone seemed to have just sold there ad vehicle.
  • acclaimacclaim Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am comfused with the sales tax.

I am going to buy a Dodge caravan.

The price on sticker is: 22840
    The dealer will give me: : 20840
    Dodge rebate: 2500
    Finance rebate: 1000
    Total purchase price: 20840-3500= 17340

How about the Tax? My state tax ratio is 7%
    should I pay:
    1) 22840*0.07= 1598.8
    or
    2) 20840 * 0.07 = 1458.8
    or
    3) 17340*0.07 = 1213.8
    for sales tax?????
    Thanks.

Ps, the dealer has a DOC fee for $169.
    Is this too much?????

Thanks.
    It's probably #2. The only way you don't pay tax on rebates is if it's a manufacturer to dealer incentive. If it's customer cash, like I believe the Dodge is, then the 3500 come off after you pay the tax on the purchase price of the car (20840)

Doc fee seems reasonable - I've seen them much higher. Though my dealer didn't charge any at all
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    For your sales tax question, you may have better luck posting in another forum:
    Vehicle Sales Tax Questions
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    We are considering purchasing a Minivan within the next year and wanted some real world experiences with the price some have paid for their T & C's. We want to get into a Touring model with Power Doors, Leather and a DVD system. I plugged this info into Edmunds and I think I could still get the car for lower than what Edmunds shows. As far as I can tell there are about $3500 in incentives now.

I would love to hear your experiences.

Thx
    I paid 1% less than dealer invoice and got $2000 rebate and 0% for 60 months about two months ago. I used the Chrysler affiliate awards program to get that price. Invoice was the best I could negotiate without using the program. Saved me about $300.00. Dealer invoice is $400-$500 more than what is shown as invoice on Edmunds and elsewhere. I believe the difference is an advertising fee. No dealers waive it in my area. I purchased a Touring signature series which has everything you mentioned plus navigation at a great price 32500 MSRP/Paid 28000. If you can find one thats the way to go. But they were limited editions and probably all gone now.
    I bought mine 15 months ago, so the structure has changed a bit, but I would say that you should easily be able to get any T&C for invoice price less any rebates. At worst, $100 over invoice
    How does this deal sound......At a local Carmax they are asking a no haggle price of $27,499 for a Touring model, With the following:

Fuel Tank, 20.0 Gal Cap &#149; Towing Cap, 3800-lb Max (When Properly Equipped)
    &#149; Battery, 500-cca &#149; GVWR, 5600-lb
    &#149; Speed Control &#149; Headlamp Control, Automatic-Off
    &#149; Moldings, Body Side &#149; Power Outlets, F&R
    &#149; Floor Mats, F&R &#149; Console, Floor w/Storage
    &#149; Lights, Flood, Liftgate & Reading &#149; Stabilizer Bar, Front
    &#149; Cargo Net &#149; Entry System, Illuminated Keyless Remote Control
    &#149; Wiper/Washer, Intermittent Rear Window &#149; Spare Tire, Limited Use
    &#149; Windows, Power &#149; Door Locks, Power
    &#149; Steering, Power &#149; Defroster, Rear Window
    &#149; Steering Wheel, Tilt &#149; W/S Wipers, Variable Intermittent
    &#149; Drivetrain, FWD &#149; Restraint System, Dual Front & LH Knee Air Bag
    &#149; Storage Bin, Underseat Locking &#149; Seating, 7-Passenger, Cloth Quad Bucket w/(1) 3-Passenger Sp
    &#149; Mirrors, Dual Heated Power & Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity &#149; Brakes, Power F&R Disc
    &#149; Tire Pressure Monitor &#149; Garage Door Opener
    &#149; Alternator, 160-Amp &#149; Axle Ratio, 3.43
    &#149; Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/CD & Cassette &#149; Traction Control
    &#149; Doors, Dual Power Sliding Side &#149; Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped
    &#149; Trip Computer, Mini &#149; Console, Overhead
    &#149; Light, Overhead Ashtray/Cup Holder &#149; Liftgate Release, Power
    &#149; Payload, 1300-lb &#149; Air Conditioning, Tri-Zone Manual F&R
    &#149; Heater, Auxiliary Rear &#149; Roof Rails w/Crossbars
    &#149; Emission Equipment, 50-State &#149; Transmission, 4 Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
    &#149; Door, Power Sliding RH &#149; Seat Adjuster, 8-Way Power Driver's
    &#149; Wheels, Aluminum &#149; Popular Equipment Group II
    &#149; Braking System, Anti-Lock &#149; Roof Rails
    &#149; Seating, 7-Passenger Quad &#149; Engine: V6, 3.8 Liter
    &#149; Quick Order Pkg &#149; Radio, AM/FM w/CD & Cassette
    &#149; Tires, (4) P215/65R16 LBL &#149; Seats, (4) Bucket w/(1) 3-Passenger Split Folding Rear Bench
    &#149; Air Conditioning, Tri-Zone F&R Manual &#149; Heater, Rear
    &#149; Console, Overhead w/Trip Computer &#149; Radio, Cassette
    &#149; CD Changer Controls &#149; Navigation System, DVD-Based GPS
    &#149; CD/DVD Changer, 6-Disc in Dash

Can you please let me know your thoughts. The MSRP is $34,855 and the invoice (per them) is $ 32,356.

One last question: I have a car to trade in and I was wondering if you all would think that Carmax might give me more for my car if I also plan to buy a car from them.......Thanks for your feedback.
    Looks like a very good deal to me.

With trade ins, you never know. Always a variable...Biggest factor is what you are actually trading in - how easy will it be for them to sell.
    Thanks for the reply!!!! It would be my wife's 2002 Tahoe with 54,000 miles on it. I'll go tomorrow morning and see what happens.
  • jthomas3jthomas3 Member Posts: 3
    If there are any pricing experts out there, I really need your help. My wife and I are looking at a new 2004 T&C limited with a sunroof. The sticker is 39,635.00 and the ads we are seeing in the newspaper are claiming 13K off of sticker price. One dealership quoted us 30K for this vehicle, which I know is very high considering this van is almost two model years old at this point. Also, how does the pricing with dealer incentives figure in the price when they are discounting it 13K already? Could someone give us the target price to be working towards on this van? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • jtheronjtheron Member Posts: 24
    Hi jthomas
    FWIW, we got a 2004 Platinum in Feb 2004, listed for about $36,000 we paid $24,000, so got a discount of about $12,000. Would think the new Stow n Go seating would make the "old" 2004 models less attractive and require more discounts than the 2005. Good Luck to you, we are happy with our 2004 van
  • gsamgsam Member Posts: 4
    With all the rebates (expiring 5/2) whats a good price for a base LX or a base Touring. We plan to buy one soon, the price drops in the recent past are huge and we are not absolutely sure whats a good ballpark for the 2 above. Based on limited knowledge it seems LX (20K to 21K plus TTL) and Touring (21k to 22K plus TTL). Dealers seem to have a lot of inventory.
    Recent buyers/experts - what do you think is a good price for the midwest?
    Thanks.
  • jayua1jayua1 Member Posts: 1
    Found this T&C at a Honda dealer as a trade-in the options are:

Power Sliding Doors
    7 Passenger
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Tilt Wheel
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Cassette
    Single Compact Disc
    Dual Front Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Traction Control
    Leather
    Power Seat
    Quad Seating
    Roof Rack
    Alloy Wheels

It's got 17,200 miles on it and they are asking 25,995 but got them down to 22,500. I think they can go lower, or is this a good deal?
    I just got the following quote:

2005 Touring
    Leather Interior Group
    Supplemental Side airbags
    Removable Center Console
    In-Dash 6 CD
    Sirius Satellite
    Power adjustable Pedals
    Rear Entertainment system
    + Destination charge

Total $ 23,735

Thoughts?
    I posted this from a previous post:

I wanted to let everyone know the deal I got on a new T & C '05 Touring model. Here's a breakdown of all options:

Leather Package
    DVD Entertainment
    Side curtain air bags
    Sirius satellite
    In Dash 6 CD player
    Power ajustable pedals
    removable cenetr front seat console

ALL FOR $23,735

I am just trying to determine if this is drive out or if it will include tax, tag and title. Either way it is KILLER deal. I just couldn't justify a Sienna with the same options.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    Thanks. I did see your previous posts, but wondered if you did better :)
    Seems like your price was better than invoice-rebates-holdback. How could the dealer offer such a low price? Was it a demo with a lot of miles on it? Or had it sat on the lot for a LONG time?
    Well, I asked the dealer Saturday morning those exact questions. It had been on the lot since the end of Feb or begininning of Mar. It had about 40 miles on it. I got the following rebates/incentives:

$2500 Cash back
    $1000 cash back when I financed through Chrysler.
    Since I work for BellSouth I received and additional discount with the Affiliate Rewards program.

I asked the finance guy how on earth they got to this price and he said it was a mistake, but they would honor their quote. I think the total with Tax, Tag, title and an extended warranty (7 yr/85,000 miles) was about $26,500.

We were planning on paying for the Minivan outright and not financing it, but in order to get the $ extra $1000 rebate we decided to finance it and then pay it off. The catch is, if you decide to finance it through Chrysler the interest rate is a little high (7.9%) Since I plan to pay it off I was not that concerned about the rate.

They make their money some how, either through interest or the price of the car (MSRP).
    My employer has the Rewards program too. I think it's 1% under invoice. You were definitely right--they'll make money somewhere. But they shouldn't give out cars for free either, which is almost what I'm hoping for :P
    Can't advertise in Edmunds Town Hall!!
  • mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking at used minivans (Chrysler & Honda). Came across a private party selling their 2003 T&C LXi with 51K miles, and includes a $0 dedecutive 6yr/100K Chrysler Maximum Care Extended Warranty. The extended warranty covers just about everything except maintenance related items (from what I can see). The van has all the bells and whistles except for DVD. I know Chrysler has their share of vehicle problems, but the extended warranty seems like it would take care of everything for another $49K miles and 4 years.

They're asking $18K. They showed me paperwork, sticker was $35K, they paid $31K.

Edmunds TMV says $15,300, but TMV doesn't take into account the Chrysler Maximum Care extended warranty for appraisal. I don't like the idea of getting a used minivan without an extended warranty, and this seems to be a good warranty, since it's Chrysler's premium warranty.

I'm thinking of just forgetting Chrysler, and looking at used Honda Odyssey vans, but I like the sound of the Chrysler Max care warranty. All of this stuff makes me jittery!

Any advice?
  • mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
    Please be advised that unbeknownst to me, this post was made by an acquaintance with regard to our T&C (the acquaintance is considering purchasing it from us). My wife let them use our computer and login to post the question, not fully realizing that doing so could be viewed as inappropriate conduct on the forum.

Please accept our apologies!

Mike
    Sounds like a steep price for a '03. If you read a couple of posts up: I just purchased a brand new '05 Touring T & C for $23,735. I know it's almost $6,000 more, but it is a brand new Van.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Mike, thanks for letting us know - apology accepted! :)

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

When I was at a Ford dealer checking out the Freestar, they showed me a recently aquired trade in. It's an 03 Grand Caravan Electronic model with one power door and power liftgate, adjustable pedals. The miliage is low only 15K miles. They asked for $17K. With some haggling maybe one can get it for $15? I don't know. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck to both you and your friend.
  • tomg4tomg4 Member Posts: 5
    Apparently there are only 1 or 2 2005 T&C 29P's left in the DC area. I am working a deal now to purchase one in Northern VA for an "out the door" price of $28,481 (tha's w/tags, tax,etc, no money down). I am taking both rebates ($3,500) and The MSRP for this vehicle is $32,405. It's a 29P signature series with Sirius radio (+$195) and the 3-zone temp control (+$375).

1) Is this a good deal?
    2) A family member is helping me buy this car because I am currently overseas, so I won't be there to conduct the transaction. Can anyone who has purchased a Signature Series tell me what "bit parts" should be recieved? So far, I have come up with the following list of items that should come with the car:

1. 2 wireless headphones for the DVD
    2. Remote control for the DVD
    3. DVD-ROM disk for the Nav/GPS system
    4. Deluxe floormats
    5. A Sirius radio 1 year included contract?

Can anyone think of any other bits/pieces? I want to give the list to the person buying the car for me to make sure I get all of the expected items. thanks!
  • searcher3searcher3 Member Posts: 3
    I'm comparing two 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Limited models. One has a towing package but is $1200. more. I do not intend to tow anything but I drive in 115 degree heat and start and stop frequently or leave the car running for air conditioning. Will the tow package feature help control heat in the transmission and oil? Is it worth paying more for? I'm ready to buy but stuck on this item.

Thank you,
    Searching3
  • veritasusaveritasusa Member Posts: 72
    The sticker price for the tow package is only about $600, so there must be something else on the van to account for the rest of the increased price.

I have always gotten the tow package on my DC minivans because of the increased cooling for the engine and transmission, even though I have never towed anything. I live in FL.

Besides, the tow package is now the only way to get something that used to be available separately - the load-leveling rear suspension. I have found that feature to be useful.
  • workingmomworkingmom Member Posts: 1
    I wish I could get this good of a deal that you got. Would you mind me asking the dealership name, city and state that you bought your T&C '05 touring model? This is the first time I am buying a brand new vehicle and so I need all the help I can get.
    No problem at all.....just to let you know....I asked for quotes from no less than 5 different dealers in my area (20 mile radius) and this quote was by far the best. I received a quote of $23,735 for a Touring model (white). If you want specifics as far as options just let me know(mentioned in previous posts). You can email me if you would like more details.

The dealer was Hayes Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Gainesville Georgia(they also have a dealership in Lawrenceville). Their price was easily more than $3,000 less than any other offer. This dealer provided one of the best buying experiences I have ever had. Good Luck!!
  • searcher3searcher3 Member Posts: 3
    Dear Veritasusa,

Thank you for your comment.

You sound like you understand where I'm coming from. Of course, other dealers thought I was being too pickie since "it's called a "tow" package" and I do not intend to tow anything. The dealer of choice got the price down $600. so we went ahead with the pruchase.

Searcher3
    I need everyone's help! A dealer offered us $22,250 for a SXT model with power liftgate and adjustable pedals, but requires a non-refundable deposit by tomorrow. This is $900 below invoice. What do you think? Thanks!