Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    I am pretty sure there has been little to no action during May. I have tracked the inventory a 5 dealers in the North Atlanta area and not one unit has disappeared off their inventory list. Incentives are so much worse than last month. Supposedly new incentives may be released this week. Good Luck.
  • larrye98larrye98 Member Posts: 4
    We paid $15,000 which included tax, dealer fee, tags, title, etc. Made a down payment of $5k & financed $10k. This is a bare bones minimum in terms of features. Has cruise control, MP3/CD player, and theft alarm but that's about it. I was thinking it was a great deal until I started reading about the mechanical problems: brakes, etc. Now I'm concerned we bought a lemon. We test drove the vehicle and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I believe the vehicle was a "demo" (used by employees only). Any thoughts on whether this was a good buy? I could use some reassurance to feel better about it. In any event, my wife who drives it loves it so that's the most important thing.
  • larrye98larrye98 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, it's possible. The dealer I bought my van at has 1 van left on the lot: 2008 Chrysler T&C LX with 10,000 miles on it approx. They have 1 on the lot. Without trade-in, it's $12999. I'm sure you could offer $14,000 firm & they'd accept. This is in Kissimmee, FL by the way. You could fly over, buy it, spend a few days at Disney, & drive home.
  • nwglendalenwglendale Member Posts: 3
    Have been looking the last week here in Phoenix area at either the T&C Limited, or T&C 25th Anniversary, or Grand Caravan 25th Anniversary. Unlike other posters, none of the several dealers I've contacted will go below 6K off MSRP. And that's not the out the door price either, that's what they'll go to before TTL, etc.. Some won't even go that much off.
    That includes a couple dealers that are on the dealer cut list. They just keep saying they'll sell them to other dealers..So, glad some parts of the country are getting 7- 10K off the MSRP, but it's not happening here. (and yes, I can provide specific examples and dealers to back this up).
    Here's a couple examples I have
    2009 T&C 25th Ann - msrp 35800, dealer 29900
    2009 GC 25th ann - msrp 35688, dealer 30,105
    2009 T&C Limited - MSRP 39,900 dealer - 35250.
    That's because the May incentives are not as good as last month. Prices went up almost $3,000 this month in Atlanta.
  • miller_09miller_09 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know my buying experience.

I just found this blog/chat today.

Boy I wish I had known about you folks earlier.

I just bought a new '08 Limited (40 miles on it) with only a few bells and whistles on it, the Nav system, Uconnect, backup camera. No DVDs or other extras at all.

I bought it from Ferman Chrysler in Lutz, FL. I cannot recommend buying from them. I paid $31,500, tax, tag, everything, out the door.

It sounds like other people are finding better deals.
  • courtney_gcourtney_g Member Posts: 3
    Hello All:

I am located on Long Island, NY approximately 30 miles east of NYC. I am in search of an 09 Town and Country with the 3.8l, leather, dvd, uconnect, backup camera, etc and I have emailed all of the dealers in the surrounding state who seem to have a larger inventory than on Long Island. The MSRP is between 34-35k and so far 3 dealers have come back with a price of 26,500 as their rockbottom price which is about 25% off.

Has anyone in this area experienced a better deal recently? What do you think about this?
  • cnugent123cnugent123 Member Posts: 2
    I had an offer on the table for a 2009 T&C Touring with DVD FOR $22,800 at the end of April.

I became greedy after Chrylser announced it's Bankrupcy thinking the new May deals could not get worse and now my best quote was $26,000.

Please tell me I just have to wait it out a few more weeks for those same deals because I am kicking myself right now.
  • takeachancetakeachance Member Posts: 5
    You should have ran with that original deal . . . if loaded, 26K is still good.
    What's the original MSRP or sticker?
  • cnugent123cnugent123 Member Posts: 2
    No not loaded....touring model with power lift gate and entertainment group. No leather, NAV, 4.0L engine, or sunroof.

I am actually in the works with a dealership for a leftover 2008 Grand Caravan SXT with DVD for around $22,200 so I hope that sounds good...
    I just got a touring 2009 (I think 25th anniv edition), loaded, with security group, family package, entertainment pckg(dual tv's), leather, with rust proof package (retails for $640 more and highly recommend it) for 29K (but retails for 36k), so I hope this was a good deal. however, i am abroad and got it off a military base (so couldn't haggle too much) and paid no taxes - that's firm. Was manufactured on April 10, 2009 (found out and asked before purchasing). So it just rolled off the factory before it closed.

If I were in the states I would have shopped around for a limited version for the same price - but overall am satisfied.

I think the 2009's are better, but the 08's you should get at least 8-10k off.

Good luck!
  • winterlandiawinterlandia Member Posts: 2
    this past week I bought a 25th anniversary t&c on Long Island, NY - modern blue color - for $23,700. Using the $500 off chrysler coupon I had received in the mail, it was $23,200 before taxes, dmv, etc, etc.
    This was for the 25th anniversary package w/dvds, leather heated seats, power doors, liftgates, etc -- the msrp on the car is 34,405.
    Looks like you get a great deal . . .
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    I was disappointed as well with these new "deals"...IMO last month was a much better time to have purchased a T&C.

Oh well - Chryslers loss since my wife, & I purchased a Odyssey EX last night for nearly $6000 off MSRP with 2.9% for 3 years.
    Would you mind telling me what long island dealership you received this great deal from?
  • winterlandiawinterlandia Member Posts: 2
    I had been dealing with Garden City Jeep Chrysler Dodge. They had been at 23,700 for the modern blue back in April before these current incentives. When things switched over, they were now no lower than 24,300. I then called around with that last price. I called around explaining I had received 23,500 on the 25th anniv t&c in black -- but wanted modern blue. Did they have -- and if so, would they meet the price I had been quoted on the black. Levittown said yes and my dealing with them was easy as pie.

I received lease loyalty on top of all of the other rebates and incentives -- and took on the balloon financing option which got me the lowest pricing -- but I intend to pay it off sooner -- and in the final price, they also took on the last payment for my Chrysler Pacifica lease that was letting up -- $350 left on the balance.

One thing I'm not sure about -- there's a $600 destination charge Levittown puts in on top of the destination charge that's part of the msrp. Not sure if all dealers are doing that -- or if that was how they were able to lowball the others.
  • bigguynybigguyny Member Posts: 8
    How do I find the money factor and residual value for a 2009 T & C Touring? Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I'm not sure if Chrysler is still leasing, but the place to ask would be here: Chrysler Town & Country Lease Questions

Regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nwglendalenwglendale Member Posts: 3
    Starting to suspect the factory shutdown is causing dealers to hold the line on pricing cuts, due to limited inventory. Have had more and more dealers here in AZ not willing to consider anything except the 3K off MSRP on T&C or GC's.
  • oblivianoblivian Member Posts: 1
    I have a offer on the table for a new Town and Country Touring 25M, $27,400 out the door. The MSRP is $34,180. Do you think this is the best I can do at this time? No where near as good of a deal I have read people were getting a month ago. This is in Saline, MI
  • shamcyshamcy Member Posts: 23
    I got my silver 09 T&C 25th edition, 28M, uconnect tunes, uconnect phone (the dealer added in-house), 2nd and 3rd row DVD, power heated leather two rows, sunroof, back up camera, power lift gate, 18 inch rims, 4.0L engine out the door including the extended lifetime bumper to bumper warranty and all taxes (sales tax here in Chicago is a MONSTER 10% and it applied to the MSRP price not the negotiated one - unless I was taken for a ride on that one) for $28600, MSRP was $37,200. You have got to talk to one of those dealers that is shutting down by June 9th. They will give you $10K off MSRP.
  • ttmomttmom Member Posts: 3
    I want one just like the one you have, with the same amenities and price. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership and salesperson and let them know that you are sending them a customer that will buy today. thanks.
  • shamcyshamcy Member Posts: 23
    The dealer is Wickstrom Chrysler in Barrington, IL.
    email me at shamcy AT yahoo DOT com and I will give you the sales person's name and number.

Good luck.
    I just purchased a 09 town and country in the mineral grey 25th anniversary m package (darker leather and wood grain), u connect, navigation, 17 in tires, back up camera, 2 and 3rd row dvd, front and second row heated seats, handsfree, remote start, etc for 25,500. msrp was 36,500 and i got it from a dealer that was not closing down. They did have silver at approximately 600 less but I opted for the darker color but all in all felt I got a good deal. I went to 3 other dealers and they all stated that they couldnt beat that price...
    would you mind sharing the name of the dealership, I have a $26,000 budget, but would like the bells and whistles that you have gotten for that price.
  • bluestar_2006bluestar_2006 Member Posts: 5
    is 25.5K OTD ? and did u qualify for owner loyalty?
    thanks
  • sktxsktx Member Posts: 6
    Hi, can you please share the name of the dealership , I will be pulling the trigger on a similar vehicle this week or email me the details
    skalties at gmail dot com
    That is a sweet deal. Can you email me the dealership and your salesperson, endirka99 AT Yahoo dot com. thanks
  • billhevbillhev Member Posts: 4
    Here in MD, I've contacted a number of dealers. Pretty much all of them will give $9K off of the sticker but that's before taxes, tags. None of the ones I've talked to seem willing to negotiate about the taxes and tags. I've been negotiating via email and phone so I may be able to get a little better once I commit in person. Do you guys think that I'm getting the same discount from all dealers because it's the low in this area or are they all getting the same incentives...
    Examples:

MSRP 34,108 Agreed price 25,203
    MSRP 34,405 Agreed price 25,403
    MSRP 34,810 Agreed price 25,475

What do you guys think? Best deal in MD is about 9K off?
    After going back and forth with a number of dealers I finally pulled the trigger on a 2009 T&C Touring, loaded 25L package (Dual DVD's, leather, power all, heated seats, remote start, Parkview backup camera), Security group (Hands free phone, blindspot detection, parksense rear park assist) and Navigation gps. Sticker was 36,335, paid $26,500 before taxes and tags. This dealer was not one of the ones that was closing, in fact he was $1000 less than the one that is closing down. I think this was a pretty good deal for my area.
    Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy the vehicle. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    This is what we found a few weeks ago; for a company with financial woes, and dealers with large numbers of T&C/GC sitting on their lots they're looking as though they're not overly interested in selling cars - at least not here in southeastern Wisconsin.
  • pajoepajoe Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind telling me what dealerships in MD you were working with?
    I am looking for about the same vehicle in southern PA and the best I can do is ~$26,500 for a MSRP of ~$35,000
    Thanks.
  • entdoc98entdoc98 Member Posts: 2
    It seemed like prices in Southern California were much higher than the Midwest or East until this last weekend. Three weeks ago "liquidation prices" at a nearby dealership that was closing were $29,990 for a 2008 Limited. Our local dealership (not going out of business) listed all 2008 Town and Country minivans (Touring and Limited) for $28880 on Memorial Day weekend. I almost bought one but there are no lease options and the financing terms were ridiculous. Last weekend they reduced the 2008 Limited to $24,290 ($23,290 if you can get Chrysler loyalty). I bought one for that price (+TTL). They seemed to have quite a few in stock and I was able to select the color we wanted. I think that they are finally willing to sell these minivans for a reasonable price. The lack of ANY lease options and poor financing options have really brought the prices down.
    pajoe,
    $8.5K to $9K was pretty much what all the dealers were offering me. I purchased from Oursman ChryslerJeepDodge in Clarksville, MD. I was able to negotiate $10k off of the MSRP for my particular van.

http://ourismanchrysler.com/InventorySearch.aspx?p=2

I can PM you the salesman's name and number if you want. They were pretty easy to deal with and I financed with thru the dealer (Citibank) and was offered 4.34% for 60 months.
    Looks like there is an extra $500 this week in incentives per Edmunds.
  • bluestar_2006bluestar_2006 Member Posts: 5
    Where did you purchase your van ? can you please share that information ?

thanks
  • pajoepajoe Member Posts: 2
    billhev,
    Thanks for the offer, I have a pretty good deal on a used one and I think I am leaning that way now.
  • gaolaogaolao Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am a new member here.
    I want to buy a minivan from chrysler/Dodge because of growing family size.

I have tow option:
    1). Used.
    I found a used 2002 town & country limited AWD with 56,000Miles.
    It looks like brand new. Asked for $7600.
    If I take it for $6800, is it a good deal?
    Do I need to buy extended warranty? How much does it cost?

2). New
    It seems chrysler/Dodge new minivans have a great discount now.
    I only can buy the cheapest one because of budge.
    What is the cheapest one and how about the price now?

Which one did I need to choose? I am in Chicago. Thanks a lot.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I suggest you stay away from the AWD model. Reliability of the AWD was not it's strong point. Plus the fuel mileage is lower. Given that you live in Chicago, FWD is sufficient; if you want added traction during the winter, I suggest you invest in a good set of 4 winter tires. Good luck.
  • gaolaogaolao Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot.

The used van is very impressed and I have bought it for $6800 :(.

What kind of maintenance should I pay attention to the AWD systems.

Thanks again.
  • bshahbshah Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Can you share the name of the dealership and provide me with the number of the sales-man i can talk to in order to get the similar deal ?

Thanks
    Bob
  • alaskacoldalaskacold Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 08 T&C Limited about 3 weeks ago from Anchorage Chrysler. Sticker was just under 43K. Even the options had options. Used Ed Smith and one other local dealer that had one identically equipped with just different seat color to prod them into a bidding war. I paid 29.9K plus $200 dealer fee. I think they made money, but not too much. I'm very happy with the vehicle so far and pleased with the price.
  • madipacmadipac Member Posts: 21
    Can i get the name of your dealer? You can email to madipac dot yahoo dot com. Thanks
  • chins4wvuchins4wvu Member Posts: 1
    billhev,
    Just found this forum, we are currently looking at TC. You got a GREAT deal, even better its from a dealership not effected be the recent events. Would you mind sending us the salesman's information.
    Thank you in advance.
    I just got a quote for 25th anniv touring with 28M (4.0L)

MSRP $34,810
    Quote $28,475
    Plus tax,tag, title and dealer fee

Not too exciting since it includes the $1,000 for current owners.
  • entdoc98entdoc98 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to reply so late. I bought my van from Power Dodge in Valencia, California. Good luck!
    chins4wvu and bshah,
    Sorry for the delay, I've been off enjoying the new van! I bought from Oursman Chrysler Jeep in Clarksville, Maryland. I don't think we're supposed to list salesman info but I will be happy to email his contact info to you guys. Email me at billhevp AT hotmail DOT com.
    Bill
    How much should you get for a demo discount? I am looking at Touring 25L with 4400 miles.
  • dlseekdlseek Member Posts: 22
    Demo vehicles are used. Period.

Any salesperson trying to tell you otherwise is just looking for a sucker.

Consult the blue book, price should be comparable.