Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    Any better deals in May?
  • paysensmompaysensmom Member Posts: 8
    We just came from the dealership. We are looking at a 2010 limited with dual dvd, nav, serius TV, Uconnect, towing package and safety package. They quoted us 36,000 +TTL. That is with the 2,000 rebate included. Would you bite?
    What did Edmunds TMV show for your options? CarMax in Atlanta is selling Limiteds for $32-33K so you may be high. I would want to pay $2,000-$3,000 under Edmunds TMV value after rebates. Chrysler has many hidden dealer incentives right now to hit sales goals to show growth. They made April by like 200 units.

On a side note you will be much happier with T&C versus Honda or Toyota as I saw your other posts. I have seen Touring Packages minus a couple of the options you listed for $26k which is a pretty good deal. Almost $10k off MSRP.
  • paysensmompaysensmom Member Posts: 8
    $38,831 is what the Edmunds pricing is. We actually did go ahead and buy this van. It is the color we wanted (Clearwater blue) and it has all the added options we wanted. Including NO sunroof! It seemed very difficult to find this color and when we dild find a dealer who could get it, they had the sunroof. I hope we didn't over pay too much. But I think we probably could have gotten a little better deal. I got the van yesterday. I am happy with it. But we were going out of town and couldnt be picky with the things that we didlnt like. We will have to go back to get it detailed. How on earth can they get so much grease into a brand new van? They have to mail us the headphones because they were not in the van. There was two small scratches on the door that they need to fix. Ugh, frustrating.
    Congrats on your purchase. If you want a good site to keep up with the van. Check out forum.chryslerminivan.net. Its a pretty cool site for T&C info.
  • cmokorocmokoro Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2008 Town and Country and I really like it. I just can't figure out how to get the DVD to play on the REAR spears only, while I listen to the RADIO on the front speakers. Can anyone help me figure this out? Will be much appreciated. THANKS!
  • maguymaguy Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2008 too, and if I am recalling the procedure correctly, all you have to do is 1.) turn on the headset for the kids and then 2.) hit Menu on the radio to put the radio back into regular radio mode. The sound for the DVD will continue through the headset, but you will then be able to listen to your radio station.
    My younger kids (age1 and 2) will destroy the headphones. Do you know if there are any other options?
    Ask your question on forums.chyslerminivan.net. I don't think there is another option but there is tons of knowledge there
    Ok. Thanks for all the help
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major daily newspaper is looking for someone in the market currently for a minivan or soon to be in the market. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by July 7, 2010.
  • snowman89snowman89 Member Posts: 36
    Just bought a '10 Town and Country touring with the 4.0 V6, towing package, and family value group. MSRP was 31400 got it for 26,800 + TTL and 115 "documentation fee". Did all the legwork via internet, arrived at dealer to pick it up and left 75 minutes later- very nice. Hope it was a good deal- seemed to be from all sources I could find. I will be watching and commenting on the Chrysler van forums.
  • gregmacgregmac Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a new truck all is done but hold up on cdi control number. Is there anyone who can get one of these things> It would be great. Thanks
  • in2gravityin2gravity Member Posts: 3
    Snowman, I wish you the best... I just returned home from arbitration w/ Chrysler, I won today but that dose not mean its' over by a long shot, there will most likely be be an appeal and court to follow. witch will happen next May or September. A long time waiting, especaily since most of, and the biggest of the problems happened within the first 65 days of ownership (under 3000 miles). It was out of service for a total of 33 days, thats almost 50% (ouch). After 30 days out of service in PA it falls under the Lemon Law. That was over A year Ago! Good Luck And Enjoy......
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    We have the '10 Town & Country Limited with the same 4.0 V6 and 6-speed transmission, and we love it! Checked the brake pads at just over 5,000 miles and they look fine (looks like Chrysler fixed the premature wearing issue). Hope you enjoy your new van as much as we have.
    Thanks for the replies. We're approaching the first thousand mile mark and love it. I will be checking the brake pads at the first oil change. I'm looking to use motorcraft's semi synthetic oil as have had great luck with it in my Fusion. MPG is too early to tell but seems reasonable given the driving circumstances; I am trying to mix highway and city until I hit the 1K mark and am also trying to be easy on the brakes. Any comments on the a/c performance? I'm concerned how it will handle brutal midwest summers and have already noted missing the 5 speed fan from our previous van.
    I imagine yours is like ours and has both automatic and manual settings for A/C. In manual mode ours has a bunch of fan speeds for both front and rear passengers. Might even be five speeds, but I don't quite recall. In terms of cooling capacity, we live in the upper Midwest and had an unusually high number of 90+ degree days this summer. A/C worked fine.
    Our van has the manual a/c with 4 blower speeds; the automatic could have 5. Will watch and see how it does but hopefully we'll be testing out the heater and defroster instead of the a/c- it has been a hot summer! Does yours have the 17" tires or the 16"? Ours is the 16" Yoko's which seem to have a horrid reputation. They are rated as "b" traction and "b" temperature; about as bad as it gets in today's tire world and it disappoints me right off the bat that Chrysler would put such dumpy tires on a flagship vehicle. I tried to bargain with the dealer to swap better tires as part of the sale but no deal.
    Anyone have input as to when to get the oil changed for the first time? The dealers said to wait till 5k but that seems long for the first one. The van is approaching 2k and about 6 weeks old. It has the 4.0 V6 (which I love for power, mpg is not what I expected or hav read about but I'm waiting for it to loosen up a bit before passing judgement). Thanks!
  • jilly4jilly4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a family of 6 and we have become interested in a Town & Country. I work for GM, but the only options are large expensive SUV out of our price range and regular vans. I have been very impressed in looking at the Town & Country mini-vans. If anyone can help "seal the deal" with providing a CDI, it would be very much appreciated and make us much more confident in how we are leaning in our decision. Thank you.
    Ours has 17" Bridgestone Turanzas. Not the best, but not the worst either.
    Owner's manual says to change oil at 6k mile intervals. I had ours done at just over 5k by the dealer. I then rotated the tires myself so I could check the condition of the brake pads and rotors. For me the 5k intervals are easy to remember.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    I'm getting ready to purchase a 2010 Town & Country Touring edition. It's 8 months old with 28K on it and was a former Enterprise Rental car. It looks like it's in great shape and still has 8K worth of factory warranty.

Should I consider a Chrysler extended warranty and if so, where's the cheapest place to buy one?

Thanks!
  • srt10srt10 Member Posts: 15
    I would check out the link below for the best price on a warranty. Make sure you put your email to get a promotional code for $180 off before you get your quote. The decision whether to buy one or not is yours entirely. I get a price of $1153 for the 7 year 70k maximum care warranty. This is the same warranty you get if you buy a certified vehicle from a Chrysler dealership. So make sure the price your paying at Enterprise is at Least $2500 less than a similarly equipped 2010 at a dealership being that it was a rental and has no extended warranty.

If it was me, I like the piece of mind of a warranty so I would buy one. But again, that is your choice.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/
  • zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    Anyone know when the 2011 are coming out? If so, should I wait or will I get a better lease deal on a 2010. Also- what are some recent payments on a 2010? Any ideas for me?
  • justiciabilityjusticiability Member Posts: 3
    Compared to Sienna and Odyssey boards this place is dead. Anyone recently buy a 2011 T&C care to share info? We're looking at Touring-L with entertainment, enter-n-go and nav. TrueCar showing price of $31,676 including $750 incentive.
  • in2gravityin2gravity Member Posts: 3
    Yes, some life, Please review Consumer Reports befor you buy...
    You'll thank me, but good luck whatever you do...
  • 6packjoe6packjoe Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

We recently bought a 2011 Touring-L from Ziegler (Chicago area):

http://www.zeiglerchryslerdodge.com

At the time, there were 2 $750 incentives available which was a huge help. We got the van (Touring-L) with Keyless Enter-n-Go, the Driver Convenience Group, and the upgraded wheels for $30,200.

Really liked dealing with Zeigler and they gave a great price without haggling. Might be worth checking out if you are anywhere close.

Also - absolutely love the van so far (not surprising)!
  • bob550kbob550k Member Posts: 148
    Just picked up a spankin' new 2010 T & C Limited for $29,500. :)

Looked at the new Nissan, way to bizarre, didn't bother to drive it.

Drove the new Toyota, not nice to drive.

Drove the new Ody, couldn't see paying a ton more for a car that was directly comparable to the Limited. I'll be honest, the Ody was ever so slightly above the T&C, but BARELY, not $5,000 to $7,000 better. Maybe the Honda is $300 better, but that's it.

Drove the Kia... LOL! What a pile! PU!
  • longinotlonginot Member Posts: 11
    Where and when my man. I am looking right now and that sounds too too sweet!

Joe
    edited May 2011
    My wife wanted Red, so I was limited in what I could buy. There were a ton of left over 2010 T&C's on auto trader . com. If she would have taken white I'd have gotten it cheaper.. I wanted a 4.0 Limited, she wanted red.

I got mine at Carl Burgers in the San Diego area, but it was the only 2010 they had left. The guy didn't really want to let me buy the car, he was trying to get me to buy an '11 for quite a bit more, he told me it was sold. I hung up and called back asking for the Manager, sure enough he told me the car was still there and I bought it. You have to push to get the loss leader, they don't want to part with those as they make the phone ring. Once I was dealing with the manager the experience was fine, I'm no party to deal with so they did pretty good in my book.

There is one out in Avondale AZ, but the dealer misslead me trying to say it was new... 3,500 miles ain't new. The folks in Avondale had so many BS fees it was crazy, they even have a special city tax in that pathetic little city that is something like 1.7% on top of everything else, plus the dealer added on for snake oil, auto butler... I did have them down to $30,500 but they didn't mention the miles until I got the GM on the phone while I was on the road from So Cal to go pick it up. These clowns in Avondale were a horrible experience, I just made a U turn.

It's not easy, but if you can't find one on auto trader (search by New, 2010, chrysler, town and country), you need to go to each dealership website (one at at time) and look in their inventory to see if they have any 2010 models. If you find one make sure you get the price (out the door price, broken down) in writing before you go to see it. There really shouldn't be much more than about $400 in total dealship fees, anything else is BS.

We've had it for a little over a month, the car had 25 miles on it.
    There are 584 new 2010 T & C's on auto trader right now. You have to look through the whole list, the Limiteds are hiding among the others. Don't use any limiting features in your search, just 2010, New, Chrysler T & C. Then look through the whole list, they're in there.
  • wirkinmanwirkinman Member Posts: 12
    Having my car in the body shop, I rented a T&C @ Enterprice. We absolutely loved it. So, I just purchased a 2011 T&C Tourling L in Deep Cherry Red w/Crystal Pearlcoat, with the following options...

•2nd Row Overhead 9" Video Screen
    •3rd Row Overhead 9" Video Screen
    •50 State Emissions
    •Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT Flex Fuel
    •Entertainment Group #2
    •Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
    •Quick Order Package 29J
    •Single Disc DVD Player
    •Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 62TE
    •Video Remote Control
    •Wireless Headphones

MSRP: $35,290.00
    Price: $29,685.00 w/rebate ($1,500.00 & 4.04% financing x 72mos)
    $33938.00, Total out the door with Warranty, Gap Coverage, Lic, Title & Tax.

Does this seem like a decent deal??
  • megrosmegros Member Posts: 5
    Hi! I've been looking at a 2011 Town & Country Touring and we really like it. The MSRP is a bit over $29,000 and there is a deal going right now that brings the price to $22,378 -this is with $2,000 cash back from the manufacturer and then another $4,000 in rebates for financing with a particular bank with a $3,500 balloon payment at the end of the loan -I would refinance the loan, pretty much immediately and the dealership has told me that I can absolutely do this refinance at any time without any penalties or anything. I'm really not sure of it though -the price is great and the 2012's are rolling in, so I would have to act on this pretty quickly I think. Oh -the amount I end up financing would actually be $21446.

Has anyone had experience with refinancing a balloon loan? Is there something that I'm missing? You know what they say about "if it sounds too good to be true"...
  • newhere79newhere79 Member Posts: 2
    How did you get thst deal? Is it just at a specific dealer or wit a specific financing company?
  • fathertomfathertom Member Posts: 2
    Frankly there shouldn't be ANY fees. They are there to sell a car and if they want to sell it for 30,000 so be it... but I'll be d(*&ed if I'm going to agree to 29,000 and then give them 1,000 for some BS fees.
  • megrosmegros Member Posts: 5
    newhere79 - I think that deal was just from a specific bank. I have not purchased yet as the whole balloon deal with re-financing is confusing to me. I have been looking around still though and there is now another dealership in my area (Rochester, NY) that is listing rebates of around 7k on Chrysler T&Cs Touring trims and bringing the price down to $22,995. I have just emailed them to see if that is with a rebate for a balloon payment.
  • djgoochdjgooch Member Posts: 2
    I was just at transittown chrysler in clarence ny and was looking at the same deal. It just sounds a little fishy to me. I am not sure I want to sign a finance contract and trust that I can pay it off without any penality.

Did you buy the vehicle with the balloon rebate just wondering how it worked out for you.
  • dp007dp007 Member Posts: 4
    This is my first post on this forum.
    Last week I got new 2011 Chrysler T&C Touring (Flex-Fuel) with following sticker for $22K + taxes + other fees. (Upstate NY Area)

Window Sticker
    Base Price: $30,280
    Tech Equipment Credit: -$1,100
    Driver Convenience Group: $810
    Destination: $835
    --------------------------------------------
    MSRP: $30, 805
    --------------------------------------------
    FYI Driver Convenience Group includes:
    Bluetooth Streaming Audio
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Remote USB Port
    uConnect Voice Command w/Buletooth
    Heated Front Seats
    Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with Microphone

Tech Equipment Credit
    Removes the following options:
    Blind Spot Monitoring
    Cross Path Detection
    Rain Sensitive Wipers
    Smartbeam Head Lamps
    Premium Tire Pressure Monitoring
    ParkSense Rear Park Assist
    Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    Adds: Body Color Ext. Mirrors

The final sale price ($22k) was including the Balloon Cash ($3000, with 5.25% APR) and the my employers discount (do not know how much it was), however overall ended up paying $22k + NY taxes + fees. All together on road cost was $24,278.

I was also told by my dealer that, there will not be any penalty for refinancing after one or two monthly payments . I hope everything will go smooth when I try to refinance and hope the deal I got is a good one.

THX
  • djgoochdjgooch Member Posts: 2
    What dealer did you buy it from. I was at transittown in williamsville.
    Sorry for the delayed reply, was on vacation.
    My dealer is in Olean, NY.
  • minderaserminderaser Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys
    I live in Atlanta and I am getting a deal from this dealership for a Chrysler T&C 2011 limited van (fully decked out, with everything on it and a cherry on top).
    The van is a demo van, however (with 4500 miles on it), and the dealer is asking around 33,500 for it (msrp is around 44). Does anybody have an opinion on whether this is a good one?
  • invdaveinvdave Member Posts: 3
    dp007 - I'm looking at the same deal down the Thruway from you (Syracuse).

Did you pay off the loan? If you did, did you pay the balloon off as well?

Any things to watch out for in this deal?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • invdaveinvdave Member Posts: 3
    Did you pay off the loan? If you did, did you pay the balloon off as well?

Any things to watch out for in this deal?
  • rzcarrzcar Member Posts: 3
    DO NOT BUY. The new Pentastar engines have many troubles. Stay away from T&C.
  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82
    edited January 2012
    I was going to say yOu bought a 6 months used van. 6 months for a reason and you got a lemon, however it seems there are some serious problems with these new engines...

Was looking at a new 2012. A lot more features than similar priced Oddy or Sienna. However I am now reconsidering...
  • drivejapcardrivejapcar Member Posts: 4
    Any more info on the balloon finance pay off? extra fees, charges when pay off. I'm looking at the same $3000 discount on the balloons finance and trying to find out if there any catch with it.
    Few weeks ago I was successfully able to refinance and took the advantage of balloon pay off with no issues, so far.
  • turbunatorcfturbunatorcf Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, First time buying a new car/Van.
    I am getting a quote for new 2012 Town and County for $24.5K with Balloon cash. Is this a good quote? what should I be looking at if it is not a good price?
    rgds,
  • jal183jal183 Member Posts: 5
    Trying to help others - bought yesterday (4/30) - worked with internet sales manager:

New 2102 Town and Country Touring L - Driver Convenience Package

Black exterior, black interior. Had been on the lot about 3 weeks.

MSRP - $34,125
    Selling Price (includes destination) - $31,561.83
    Rebate - $2,000 (1,000 trade in allowance, and 1,000 I have no idea)
    Adjusted Price - $29,561.83

That's before TTL which was adjusted because of my trade in. I THINK TrueCar.com showed $30,900 as a "great price" (included $1,000 rebate) and Edmunds showed $32,380 (no rebate included). That suggests to me that both may be a bit too high.

I hope that helps others do better!