Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• casefarmercasefarmer Member Posts: 4
    We are looking to purchace our first new vehicle and need some help. We really like the new styling and features of the TC but would like to know if going to the Limited is worth the extra 5K over the touring. Also on color we like the black or the modern blue but are worried about keeping it clean.

PS if anyone knows of an extra EC # for an upcoming father of twins it would be greatly appreciated!!
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    2008 T&C Touring
    25M Package
    Premium Sound
    Swivel & Go
    Power Folding 3rd Row
    Sirius Backseat TV

Assuming you don't want a premium color, which would add another $225 to the cost, the price of everything in your list is shown below.

MSRP (including $730 destination): $35,985
    EC Price: $30,389

The EC price includes a current rebate of $1,500.

Although I've given out all of my EC numbers for the 2007 calendar year I have a few left for the Friends program. That discount will let you purchase or lease a vehicle at 1% below factory invoice, plus any current rebates. The Friends program also doesn't have a $200 program fee that is collected by the dealer under the EC plan.

I don't have special access to invoice pricing but you can probably look that up on Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book. Compare it with the EC program and let me know if you'd be interested in this.
  • slackjawslackjaw Member Posts: 32
    Thanks tedebear!

I am still trying to figure this all out. Dealer tells me programs change on Tuesday and only the grand poobah knows if they will change for the better or for the worse.

Did the EC price you quoted above include the destination charge or do I need to add that on top?

I may take you up on that Friends number if I find myself expanding my shopping to other dealers. Just saves a lot of time and effort getting to that sub-invoice pricing. On this particular deal the local dealer has given me a price of $32,500 for this minivan which is a couple hundred less than invoice of $32,783.

Currently proposed lease terms 36/mo, .00198, and a 55% residual. I don't suppose that anyboardie knows what comes as of Tuesday, eh?
    I managed to configure your original setup on Edmunds and arrived at the same MSRP of $35,985, including $730 destination, that I did by going through the Chrysler Build My Own website. Now we have an invoice price to work with.

Okay, Edmunds says the invoice on that vehicle, with the options you listed, is $32,783. That includes the $730 destination. It also says the TMV (what others are paying) is $35,480 minus a current rebate of $1,500.

Getting back to the Edmunds invoice price of $32,783, 1% of that is $327.83. Subtracting that from the invoice price leaves $32,455.17. Take an additional $1,500 off for the rebate and you'll arrive at the Friends program price of $30,955.17. That's slightly better than the $32,500 the dealer quoted you.

The $1,500 rebate ends on 01/02/2008, so I don't know what program the dealer said is changing Tuesday. The Friends program is good until the end of 2007 and then it starts all over again with new control numbers in 2008.

Did the EC price you quoted above include the destination charge or do I need to add that on top?

The EC price includes the $730 destination. There is a $200 program fee added by the dealer if you are not the actual employee or a close relative. There is no fee for the Friends program.

Also, the dealer can add up to $75 for a documentation fee. We all have to pay that, employee or not. Plus, any dealer add-ons (tinted windows, stripes, etc.) would change the price slightly.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Looks like our selling-price calculations agree. The dealer's sell price is $32,500 before the $1500 discount. So about $45 more than the Friends pricing. So I think $31,000 on the $35,985 MSRP seems like a decent deal. Thoughts?

I think what the dealer is telling me is that the financing terms are good through tomorrow but may change on Tuesday. They are suggesting that the current program's money factor (.00198) and/or residual percentage (55%) from DCF is going to be different for better or worse.
  • jackalsjackals Member Posts: 38
    slackjaw-

I was told the same thing. New numbers coming from Chrysler financial for the new month. The best I was quoted last week was 52% and .00168. What part of the country are you in? I think some of the differences are regional. I was looking at dealer inventory in neighboring states and some areas there was only a $1000 rebate, not $1500.
    The dealer's sell price is $32,500 before the $1500 discount. So about $45 more than the Friends pricing. So I think $31,000 on the $35,985 MSRP seems like a decent deal. Thoughts?

Yes, that does sound like a good deal now. I thought the price they were quoting you was with the $1,500 rebate.

See if they'll throw in lifetime oil changes every 3,000 miles and tire rotation. ;)
  • lilvbclilvbc Member Posts: 15
    jackals, sent you an email to your carspace mailbox. :)
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    If anyone needs any employee choice numbers for discounts (5% below invoice), let me know...i have two myself, and have access to a lot more if need be
  • tlinnjtlinnj Member Posts: 5
    rmbalisa - Thanks, I sent you a PM.
    Same...sent you a PM. Thanks!
  • vansearch2vansearch2 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like one also.

Thank you
  • iowatcmaniowatcman Member Posts: 9
    rmbalisa

We want to purchase a T and C by the end of the month, if you would have an EC number you could spare, it would be greatly appreciated, you can email me at
    iowafunman@aol.com

Your help in this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
    Wish I had saw your post this morning! If you still have access to any EC #s, we'd love one too. Thanks, I'll also send you an email to your carspace inbox.
  • ashburyashbury Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Last week we went to the car show in San Francisco and was thrilled to see the changes in the minivan. I have to say I was going to purchase a honda but after seeing the chrysler, there is really no question on what vehicle I want to purchase.

If you still have any EC numbers, I would really appreciate it if you could forward one to me (mam62@sbcglobal.net). Assuming you still have an EC number, does it expire at year-end?

Thank you very much
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    I have no more myself to give out (gave one to Jackals), but I have a lot of co-workers that have not used it yet. But I want to make sure they are definitely being used by the end of the year...don't want them to go to waste. I will reply with those who have emailed me so far.
  • iowatcmaniowatcman Member Posts: 9
    I dont know how to email you directly on here, since I am here, so I hope I hear back from you in regards to the ec numbers,, my email is iowafunman @aol.com

thanks
    I already replied and emailed you at your carspace address, but just wanted you to know we are definitely wanting to buy within the month, so the number would not go to waste. Thanks for offering the numbers on here.

Greg
  • jsdewittjsdewitt Member Posts: 1
    I would love an EC number! I have a T&C on order and my dealer told me about the EC and would sell me one. My wife and 4 children are very excited for our new vehicle. Thank You for helping us out!
  • srt10srt10 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, I have been looking for an EC number forever. My wife and I are expecting another child this month (our fourth) so any help with the cost of the vehicle would be greatly appreciated!!! My e-mail is tk11702@msn.com. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
  • gaubowgaubow Member Posts: 2
    I may be too late, but I could sure use the help as well. my email is timgauen1@comcast.net. I know that I will be leasing a new town and country, have already negotiated one price with a dealership, but am on my way to two others in the next few days to compare prices so any help would be absolutely fantastic.
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    I would love one so can you email me at pat3425@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Stacy
  • missyrmissyr Member Posts: 1
    Hi - we are purchasing a dodge 2008 grand caravan in the next day or 2. I'd love an EC number if those apply to dodge. Please let me know how to get one, if there is a way. thanks!!

my email is respiteconnects@aol.com

Thanks!
  • vanshopper1vanshopper1 Member Posts: 1
    I plan on getting a 2008 before the end of December. If you have an EC to give, I would love to use it.
  • mrzapmanmrzapman Member Posts: 1
    I was at the Chrysler Dealer last week and was about to buy a new Town and Country Limited. I just found out about the EC number program and as soon as I get a number. I will go back to the dealer and make my purchase. The dealer is in the southwest Chicago suburbs.

Thank You.

Bill Z
    If any of you requested an EC number and didn't get a reply and you need something right away I still have three numbers available for 2007 through the Friends program at 1% under invoice. You can look up the invoice price on Edmunds and calculate your cost from there. The price is in addition to any current rebates in your region.

I imagine rmbalisa is just as swamped by email and forum requests as I was when I first mentioned the EC on one of the threads.

If anyone wants a Friends program discount you can PM me here on CarSpace by using the Mailbox tab near the top right of your screen. Please be absolutely sure you are going to use it and are not just getting it as a backup in case you don't get an EC number. Thanks.
  • caripie3caripie3 Member Posts: 2
    Is there anyone out there willing to give me an EC number. I am trying to buy a fully loaded Limited this week.
    My SVU is on it's last leg and I need a new car asap, 3rd baby born last month and we are bursting at the seams in the old car.
    I can't stomach the thought of walking into another dealership and being pounced on. If I hear "I am not making anything on this deal" one more time I am going to lose it. I am a Mom trying not to get totally ripped off on the price of a new car.
    Thanks!
  • caripie3caripie3 Member Posts: 2
    Can I get one of those EC numbers from your co-workers. I am trying to buy the Limited this week. I want to go to the only dealer in my area that has the car I want on Thursday. Any luck I will be driving out of the dealership with it.
    You can e-mail me at cpski@hotmail.com
  • towner1towner1 Member Posts: 4
    would love to get an EC number, either Friends or other. thanks.

my email is copper@begunconsulting.com
  • vex321vex321 Member Posts: 16
    tedebear I sent an email to you requesting the friends..

Please let me know and thanks in advance!!

My email is tradingdiablo@hotmail.com
  • gopmomgopmom Member Posts: 2
    HELP Momof 5 Needs EC#! I am buying a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited fully loaded with dual DVD/ Sirius TV/ Navigation / Swivel & Go Seating ...... Can you tell how excited I am! The 10 HOUR drive for Christmas looks so much better just knowing I will be driving this mobile family room / game room!

We will be making the purchase this weekend, next week at the latest. If you have any friends or co-workers who have an extra EC#, I would love it!!!! I absolutely PROMISE it will be used! Just think, 5 HAPPY KIDS rushing to the car in the car pool line or watching baseball practice from the tailgate seats is some of the best free advertisement Chrysler can get, and I will most certainly provide it!

email me at GOPMOM@carspace
    :shades:
  • nanwar786nanwar786 Member Posts: 18
    can I please get an EC number? My email is nanwar786@gmail.com
    If anyone needs any employee choice numbers for discounts (5% below invoice), let me know...i have two myself, and have access to a lot more if need be

I don't know that there is that much of a difference in the EC versus the Friends programs. For instance, the Friends discount is a fixed 1% below factory invoice, plus any rebates, but I don't think the EC is a fixed percentage.

As an example, I just configured a 2008 T&C Limited with no other options using each program on the employee website. The results are listed below. All prices include the $730 destination charge.

2008 Town & Country Limited MSRP: $36,400

Invoice price (from Edmunds): $32,496

EC program price: $32,320

Friends program price: $32,908

The EC price does not include a $200 program fee, added by the dealer. There is no extra fee for the Friends program. After adding the $200 fee the difference between the two discount programs is $488.

There is an additional $1,500 rebate currently available that would be subtracted from each of the above prices.

I have two Friends program discounts left for 2007.
    Invoice price (from Edmunds): $32,496

Oops...the Edmunds invoice price didn't include the $730 destination, in case anyone was wondering why the Friends discount was more than the invoice. It looks like Chrysler subtracts the 1% before adding the destination charge.

Also, the price difference is $388 between the EC and Friends, not $488 as I originally said when you factor in the $200 program fee.

That's what I get for trying to do 6 things at the same time and I don't notice these things until after the 1/2 hour message edit window has passed. :)

While I'm here, the difference in price on the EC versus the Friends for a 2008 Sebring Limited with an MSRP of around $29,900 is less than $200. It varies by vehicle, not a fixed percentage on the EC.
  • hulamomhulamom Member Posts: 9
    Mr. Tedebear, you must be the Christmas angel because I've been searching for a discount (any discount at this point! I'm not picky :) ) and I was just about to give up and purchase a used vehicle instead. My determined decision to go with the 2008 Town & Country was based on the swivel n go feature, but since that's not available on last year's, I was starting to teeter towards another maker. Would I possible be able to get a Friends Program Discount, it would be GREATLY appreciated!
    hulamom,

I'll send you email to your carspace.com address after I get home from work in about 7.5 more hours. The company firewall lets me get on the forums but not to my mailbox for some reason.

The control number is valid until the end of 2007, so be sure you want to use it before the end of the year. I'm almost out of discounts.

If you want to, go to chrysler.com and click on the Build My Own link. Make a note of every option, including the color, that you want and post it. I'll tell you the exact Friends discount price. Also, include your zip code or region if you want accurate rebate info included. Rebates vary by region.
  • 99jxi99jxi Member Posts: 2
    Tedebear,
    I'm a current owner of a 99JXI and a 2000T&C. The T&C has about 135k on the odometer. The T&C is our main family vehicle and hopefully will be replaced by a 2008T&C within the month. I'd appreciate if you would provide a friends number for me to apply to this anticipated purchase.
    Thanks,
    99jxi
    Hi All -

Here is as far as I am getting after about ten days of working things a little at a time with the dealer, who have been nice to deal with.

Touring
    M package
    Premium sound
    Swivel & go
    Power 3rd row
    Sirius backseat TV
    MSRP 35,985

Deal looks like this:
    Pull ahead program for our 2005 Grand Caravan SXT with 2 more payments and the $275 out. Maybe a couple of chargeable blemishes. All being "waived".
    Sell price on 2008 is 32,200
    First payment only out of pocket
    36 month lease
    .00198 MF
    55% residual
    $449/mo

After all the great input and nice people here I figured I'd run it by you all to see what you think and if I have done well.
    Sell price on 2008 is 32,200

Does that price include the current $1,500 rebate? I've never leased a vehicle so I couldn't offer any opinion on the rest of what you listed. I mentioned the Friends discount price on the above vehicle is $30,969, including the rebate.

This evening I was checking a price for someone else and there is something new that popped up called Bonus Cash, in the amount of $500. Chrysler says it is valid for anyone who finances through Chrysler Financial.
    The 32,200 is before the $1500 lease cash.
    tedebear-

You are correct on the additional $500 if you finance a purchase through Chrysler Financial. I got tired of messing around with the lease deals so went to purchase with cash last night. Instead, I got the additional $500 for financing with CF and will pay the car off in full next week. Here is my deal.

2008 TOWN & COUNTRY TOURING
    Customer Preferred Package 25M
    MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System w/ Navigation
    SIRIUS® BackSeat TV
    MSRP $35,400
    EC price $31,516 (31316+200)
    Rebates -$2,500 ($1500 factory rebate, $500 CF rebate, $500 Coupon I got in the mail)

Final Selling Price $29,016 + tax and tags

Thanks to tedebear and rmbalisa for helping me get this amazing deal.
    BTW, Salerno Duane Chrysler in Summit NJ is a fantastic dealership to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone. The best car buying experience I've ever had by far. Prior to working with them I had walked out of two other dealerships in the NJ/PA area.
    You got a smoking deal. I'd be in a lease right now if I was offered this deal. Instead, I got jerked around by sales reps who jacked up the money factor and lowered the residual when they found out I got special pricing on the car. Ultimately, I'm happy with my deal and the fact that we decided to purchase. If you are set on leasing, this is a good deal. I hope you took it.
  • lilvbclilvbc Member Posts: 15
    Shouldn't the lease rates be pretty uniform from Chrysler Financial, at least for a specific region? I'm worried the dealer may try to change that up on me like you said -- would it be worthwhile calling up CF directly? Thanks for any advice. :)
    Yes they should be pretty standard across the board but most Sales Managers can and will try and screw you from my experience. He would not budge off of 51% residual and .0027 money factor. I told him I already got a 52% residual and .00168 form another dealership the day before and he said 'that was yesterday. sounds like you had a good deal. you should have taken it.' My 6yr old was crying and his lower lip was actually quivering. The sales manager asked 'is your son cold?' I said 'no, he's crying because he wants a new minivan' and we left. I called CF and they will not help you. They just say you need to work with the dealership. My next step was to try and contact a regional sales office but I never got that far. The features we wanted were pretty hard to come by and I guess they knew it. I only found 2 dealerships within 50miles that had cars that we were interested in. That was until yesterday when we found one at Salerno in Summit. They were awesome and had the deal done in less than 90 minutes from walking through the door for the first time.

Finding a stand up dealership like Salerno is the exception not the rule from my experience. If I were to do it all over again. I would not disclose that I had EP or PP pricing until the last possible moment. Negotiate off MSRP and get the lease payment as low as possible by getting money factor as low as possible and residual as high as possible. After locking in those numbers then whip out your code.
  • sportygirl20sportygirl20 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for recommending Salerno in Summit. Do you remember who you worked with? The other week I went to Warnock in E. Hanover and even though the guy was friendly they really tried to screw me on my trade in. I think my mistake was mentioning the code before getting a price on the trade in. They gave me the same BS excuse that they're not making any money on this sale so they can't really work with me on the price. So this time I'm not going to mention anything about the code until they tell me how much they're giving me for my car.
    I will send a message to your carspace mailbox. The rules ask that we do not post names of salespeople.
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a 2008 T&C asap and "employee choice number" or "Friends program discount" number would be a great gift.

can I please get either one of them?

My email is the following
    nanwar786@gmail.com

Regards
    can somebody please post instructions about sending a private message(PM)?
    I searched out, but couldn't figure it out.
    Click on Mailbox, near the upper right of this page. You can send mail to anyone else in the forum by using this format:

membername@carspace.com

I'm all out of EC and Friends discounts for the rest of 2007. :(

You might try some of the other Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep forums. Many Chrysler workers are also Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep owners. The discount is good on nearly every vehicle they sell.
  • vex321vex321 Member Posts: 16
    Hi guys

First off thanks to Mr.Tedebear for friends program.
    I finally signed a contract with my local dealer for this car and here is the rundown.

2008 T&C Touring Brilliant Black
    $27700 25k package ( base touring )
    $2395 Dual DVD Entertainment system
    $495 Swivel n Go seating
    $250 Front heated seat
    $250 2nd row heated seat

MSRP $31820 + Tax + TTL

FP Program Price $29513 + Tax + TTL
    Less $1500 Manufacturer rebate

Total Paid
    $28013 + Tax + TTL

I know its not the most awesome deal out there but I think this is where I did pretty well.

Im trading in a Nissan Xterra 2001 with 73000 miles with some minor defect ( rattling sounds , minor cosmetic damage , non working AC/Heater at dial 1,2,3, only works at maximum dial of 4 )
    I priced this vehicle in KBB trade in value at $7600 excellent , $7000 good , $6000 fair.
    Knowing my car is in a fair condition , I just asked the dealer for $6000 trade in value and they AGREED!!
    I heard everywhere its impossible to get KBB trade in value when you actually deal with the dealers..

I also got 6.14% 60month financing.

so what do you experts think of my deal?
    I dont think I got ripped off but do you think I could have done better?