Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eruss44eruss44 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks imadad2,I guess I will re-tool my thinking towards saving more for a good down payment to purchase one outright and live for the moment with my trusty(and rusty!)1994 S-10 LT Tahoe blazer with 103k on it...The right deal will come eventually, probably when I'll least expect it,so I'll take the pressure off myself and let it ride for now...Patience is a virtue,I've been told...Thanks for your time...~Eruss~
  • imadad2imadad2 Member Posts: 79
    One last thing I'd like to leave you with.

The LT model is nice, but the LS model is less expensive and just as nice. The Bose system on the LT is not all it is cracked up to be, and the only thing I prefer on the LT is leather seats. The power seats, on-star, 6 disc cd, and a few other items are just added goodies most people can do without. My wife is 5' 0" tall. I am 6'1" tall. I have to manually adjust the seats and mirrors every time I get in the truck, and had to think about the price tag on getting the seat position memory that the Trailblazer offers. It was not worth it.

I guess what I am trying to say is luxury sometimes has to be pushed aside and common sense needs to be used.

I got my LS Ext with a V-8 for $23,800. Without the V-8 it would have been $1,200 less. I put nothing down on it. I pay $490 a month with 60 payments. (4.26% interest) My budget was $500 a month on a truck. If you put $3,000 down, get $5,000 in rebates, you could easily get an LS model down to $22,000 or less. The dealer you are working with is going to push the smart buy because they make money on the deal. You should be able to buy at invoice, and get the rebates on top of that. Get financing before you go, so that you don't have to use the dealers financing.

I am telling you, 2004 models will be even cheaper in the coming months when the dealers are clearing out for 2005 models.

I bought only because the deal was right, and I got what I wanted. Check with several dealers (if you can) and when they get in your price range, buy. If you have a vehicle that works, and you are not desperate, patience will pay off. If not, you can always lease.

I check the board at work all the time. I love my TB, so if you get another offer, and are unsure, just ask. Someone here will let you know if it is worth doing or not.
  • eruss44eruss44 Member Posts: 13
    One more time,thanks imadad2...When something juicy comes up in the fall months (or sooner),I'll give you guys a yell on this forum...I'll be in touch,take care and great luck with your Trailblazer!!!!
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    Hi,

We're trying to estimate lease payments for a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. We have the residual % and lease factor. However, to get a more accurate estimate we also need to know what, if any, other lease costs GMAC charges. Does anyone know if there is an aquistion fee or security deposit for GMAC leases?

Thanks in advance!
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    You might want to check the GMAC web site. They may have sample lease agreements you can download and read. I know that Chrysler Financial has them on its web site.
  • djaxdjax Member Posts: 3
    Someone here may have specific experience with my questions, so here goes. Lease on my 02 TB is up in 7 weeks, but current $6000 rebates and GM's pull ahead program for getting out of lease sooner with no penalty makes it worth my time to try to get the best deal before 9/7, when current incentives and Pull Ahead end. So far I have 2 dealer quotes, each at "invoice" on a TB LS. Both arrived at this figure rather quickly when I refused to even talk "monthly payment", but the 2 invoice prices are different and for no reason I can see from the stickers. The best offer is for a discount of $2200 off MSRP before rebates. I've even had them itemize the Tag/tax/fees down to the dollar so that they can't pad this later on. Two questions remain: 1) Am I being unrealistic to expect even more discount from the dealer even at this point in the selling year(say up to $3300)? 2) And with excellent credit (I know my Score) can I hold out for 4.9% or lower for 60 months through dealer/GMAC? (As a returning customer, I'm preapproved by GMAC already.) I know what on-line banks are offering, but not sure how this compares to what I can bicker for at the dealer who needs to make money on the financing. One dealer, in attempting to work toward monthly payment as the 'hook,' figured a 9.5% interest rate to start. Knowing they start high, how LOW can I push on rate without embarassing myself?
    You can always negotiate price. Invoice for a TB, according to Edmunds is around 9% below MSRP. So, a 30K TB at invoice should be around 2700 different. Options also can be at cost/invoice. I bought a LS Ext with a V-8, and the dealer gave me invoice, but was trying to get me with options. Print out a pricing list from Edmunds or Kelly Blue book and take it with you. If there were not surplus TB's on the market, they would not have slowed production in May. Also with the 2005 models coming, you have very good leverage.

Financing can be had at credit unions and other banks. Shop around for financing. I got 4.26% at a credit union for 60 months in July. If you have your financing already laid out, you might get better rebates and financing through GM.
  • djaxdjax Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Also, I've been trying to trace the history on After-Labor-Day incentives to see if last year (Sept 2003) GM continued their August incentives (both rebate and GMAC fi bonus). I would not expect them to go higher than they are right now, but with end of year approaching and industry reports saying SUV sales are still sluggish (and 2005's now on the lots), I lose nothing by waiting 6 weeks to purchase, except maybe on color. Do you know what incentives were offered in Sept last year?
    If I recall correctly, GM was offering $5,000 cash back as well as 0% financing. I am not 100% sure on that, but I feel pretty comfortable writing it. With the 2005 models coming in, and SUV sales being sluggish, IMO, Labor Day sales are going to have very good offers. I don't think getting below invoice with rebates and decent financing will be all that difficult. I got 4.26% 60 month financing, invoice, and $5,000 in rebates from GM. On top of that I received an additional $1,000 from GM on my GM card points. That was in June. Three months later, and three months of sluggish SUV sales, the offers have to be better. Good luck
  • wendy3wendy3 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there tried to trade in their TB yet. I have a 2003 LT, with 4WD. I am currently looking into trading it and first went to Ford they only wanted to give me $15,800 for it. The sticker price on it was $36,000 when I bought it. I also had a rear entertainment system added when we bought it. It only has 14000 miles on it. So we went to Chevy thinking they would do better on their own vehicle. Wrong!, They offered 17500 first, then called the next day saying they would give us $19,000. Just wondering if anyone else has traded theirs and if so how much they got for it. I'm afraid if I don't get rid of it now I will have to pay a dealer to take it by next year.
  • adamjeepsadamjeeps Member Posts: 56
    What you have experienced is not uncommon, especially since there are so many incentives on new TB's right now. But, you have already taken the big depreciation hit. I would guess that 1` year from now you could still get between $15,000-$18,000 trade in. The dealer can not give you much trade in when they sell that same 04 LT for invoice less $5,000 in rebates.
  • paulyjsobpaulyjsob Member Posts: 48
    Just FYI. Last March (2003) I traded in an 02 TB LS 4x4 with 14K miles for $20,200. I traded it in for an 03 envoy SLE 4x4. At the time I got the envoy for $27500 with a few options.
  • han619619han619619 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for TB EXT 2004 for couple months already, I saw two dealer ship sell TB EXT 2003 arount 12,000 to 15,000 mils LT model they asking for $24K to 22K, on-line trade in value
    around $20K, so you may sell by yourself better
    than sell to dealer. I am waiting for to but a new TB EXT 2004 or 2005, I know a lot of dealer
    is very tricky, also I have to let you know TB EXT 2005 with leather seat, on star, first and second row seat with 8 way power seat MSP $ 385K.. and GM discount $1650 and dealer discount
    final sell price $32900, without negotiate the price. so I am waiting for labor day or after labor day, because I do not think they can sell all, thinking about this GM made a lot of same cat, chevrolet, ISUZU ( Assender), Builk(Rainier), Oldsmobile, GMC all the same type, also stock market is very bad, and oil price is up, consumer does not have that much to buy that
    4x4 car GM try to let consumer to finance but don't forget after 60 months you will pay $10K to $ 20K more then cash price, I will suggest negotiate cash price and finace form bank because they always have low rate than dealer.
  • halcombhalcomb Member Posts: 3
    Is this correct, you got the invoice price then the incentives on top of that>
  • halcombhalcomb Member Posts: 3
    We are thinking of purchasing a "04 TB using the GMS pricing, what is the additional 750.00 that you got for GM family discount? Any info would be appreciated.
    J
  • loggerhead1loggerhead1 Member Posts: 1
    I am a GMS customer also. In the southeast region the rebate is $6,000 if you use GMAC. That makes the TB pretty attractive. I would love to know more about the $750 if it exists. I see nothing on the GMS site.
  • dsilver668dsilver668 Member Posts: 4
    Ok leasing isn't for me but here is an experience I am going through right now.
    First off congratulations on being on Edmunds. It is your first step to not getting screwed at the dealership.
    My wife and I were just starting out and really wanted a Durango. Make and Model could be anything, but we spent hours getting their "Monthly Payment" down. We were so worn out we didn't even really think about things like residual payment, buy out, and what the actual percentage rate was on the lease.
    Lets just say we love our car but we are in the 11% range, and have a balloon payment of 17,000 due in a year. Normal residual should have been around 12,000.00. We basically got screwed because we didn't know what we were getting our selves into. Let me just say this. Never ever talk about monthly payment. I don't care if you finance through them. I don't care if you pay cash. Just talk about selling price with fees included. Talk like you want to pay cash. They will be eager to drop the price. Your best bet if you can get it is to finance through your local credit union or bank. Then buy it out right although right now 2004 deals through Chevy offer 6K cash back or 1.9% for 72 months. Not bad, except get them to agree on the price first then talk about finance. That way they can't just slip the 6k back to you as though it was their selling price. In the end for the Durango we payed full asking price for a 2000 model. It isn't bad, but I am kicking my self at the lack of education. Now I just want to dump it and get a Trail Blazer of Explorer. I am not sure which is better. Although the interior of the Chevy seems nicer than the Explorer, but not Quite as nice as the Envoy or Mountaineer, which are just souped up versions of the previously mentioned vehicles. Just think of it this way. Leasing is like renting a car and then you dump it and start over. If you plan on wanting it longer than 3 years then buy it.
  • pscalapscala Member Posts: 1
    All,
      Just picked up an 04 Sandstone LT with moonroof. I live in NY, so northeast discounts apply.

Sticker price : $34,305.
    Dealer Discount : - $3000.00
    Manager "play money": - (3) @ $500.00
    Rebate and GMAC loan: - $6,000
    -------------------------------------
    price before tax : $23,805.

This deal actually cost the dealer $495. but they wanted to beat out another Chevy dealer. Also, there are higher GM Card allowances for 04 models, the TB allowed $2250 off...Finance rate was a bit high at 6.9%...

Good luck.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Thanks for the information. It is people like you that share that make Edmunds a valuable source of information!!!
  • larry503larry503 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Trailblazer 6-cylinder Ext LT late June 03.
    MSRP is $36,300.
    The following is the breakdown of the details:
    The dealer took off almost $10,000 discount
    It had a few hail dents on the hood but not any on four doors.
    several small dents on the roof but you cannot see that
    also including $4,000 GM manufacturer rebate
    $500 conquest rebate.
    I had $4,100 GM credit card
    including $3,500 accumulated for seven years
    and $600 bonus GM gave me as incentive.
    I also had Citibank driver edge credit card
    which gave me $1,500.
    It had memory seats, six CD player, heated leather seats
    two zone automatic temperature control, automatic screen wiper,
    On-Star, driver information system, dual control button on steering wheel.
    The price I paid was $20,700 before TT&L.
    One week after I bought my TB EXT, GM offered some
    more rebate such On-Star rebate. I missed that chance
    around another $1,000.

I put more than 20K miles on that.
    I have had several minor problems so far.
    Item 1) Tailgate light was flooded at 3,000 miles.
    The whole light housing was changed within thirty minutes at service dept.
    Item 2) gear handle came off.
    Item 3) back license panel gasket was not properly
    installed. These two items were fixed at dealer within one hour.
    Item 4) whole front bumper was disfigured very slightly.
    it was completely changed with a new one.
    It took dealer three days to finish that job.
    And I was offered an Envoy as a rental car for three days.
    Now it looks perfect.
    Item 5) passenger side strut is slightly leaking. not fixed yet.
    I am waiting for something that might show up to have them
    fixed together at one trip. It is not urgent.
    Item 6) the shift between the first gear and the second gear
    is not very smooth as I expected and you can feel it very reluctant to switch it
    forward and backward. So now the acceleration is not good
    enough and on the other hand when it is coasting on idle
    it is very reluctant to shift back to the first gear. So that
    it will stay around 1100 to 900 RPM at the of 30 miles.
    The real idle rpm when it is at stop either at parking or idle driving
    is around 600 rpm. Now it is wasting around 5 percent of gas
    because the most of the mileage I drive is local and have a lot
    of stops and goes. I have talked to two dealers
    and had it checked and was told 'no problem. the other
    Trailblazers also behave in the same way'.
    I have test-driven several TBs and Envoys before and after
    my purchase and found them behaving much better than
    mine. All I have test-driven are regular not extended version.
    Actually or ironically I did not test drive my vehicle before
    I bought it, because I thought they should be the same.
    Now I know there might be and will be some differences
    between each individual unit even though they are mass
    manufactured on the same assembly line by same kind of
    workers and by same kind of parts.

I feel extremely happy with the whole deal including the price,
    its whole design, all those luxury features and warranty service,
    because nobody would and could give me such a deal.
    With all those features, Toyota Sequoia or Acura MDX
    (both have the third row) will cost around $40,000.
    Will they give any discount from MSRP? Probably
    one thousand dollar. That is it.
    Have All those minor problems bothered me? Not at all.
    On the contrary, I am really amazed to find actually the
    vehicle has so few minor problems considering it has
    more than thirty thousand parts.
  • big_catbig_cat Member Posts: 14
    Larry503
    Could you say more on that Citibank driver edge credit card $1500 and the on star $1000 rebate?
    How did you look for all these rebates?
    Thanks in advance.
  • larry503larry503 Member Posts: 2
    Hi bigcat
    Citibank driver edge credit card
    800 967 8500
    gives you back 2% on all your purchase.
    $500 max a year but max you can claim is
    $1500 for one vehicle. But it can combine
    with GM card and you can buy any car of
    brand and of any model even used.
    After you buy a car, you just fax Citibank
    your vehicle invoice in sixty days, you will send a check of whatever you have accumulated up to $1500 per vehicle. Actually I accumulated more
    than $1500.

Onstar rebate is just promotion from GM.
    You need to watch for it. It is not always on.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    We have a bit of housekeeping we need to do in this discussion. If you don't see the discussion in your Message Center over the next day or two, you will need to re-subscribe to it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • stag1203stag1203 Member Posts: 9
    Was in a Chevy dealer yesterday, priced out a Trailblazer LT, leather ,sunroof, XM radio, etc...The sticker on the car was $35,800 (or so), with the employee discount program etc, the out the door price would be $26,000.

Still thinkinng about it.
    Still thinking about it? I would be all over that. I love my 2004 and have been mulling over trading it in for a new one. I could actually lower my monthly payment if they give me what I owe as a trade in. With a GM card and loyalty purchase, that deal would be even better.
  • honestmortgagehonestmortgage Member Posts: 3
    hey stag,
    i need to know where you're looking. i cant find a darn dealer to help me out at all like that. I need to find an EXT model with all of that. I saw an EXT loaded w/out leather, xm and moonroof and still wanted 27000, but becasue I mentioned financing, he put the rebates back in to make it 30,000.
    OK, done deal, closed the deal last night with some changes. GM Smart buy, 48 months $301 a month not including taxes. Switched vehicles though...here are the details...

Trailblazer LT, two tone Green over silver, Lux pkg #2, Sun and fun pkg, off road wheels, running boards, side curtain aribags (basically every option but the DVD and Nav). The bottom line on the sticker on the car was EXACTLY the same as the one I saw the other night.

Talked to the sales mgr about why the difference in price and he took me through it step by step, he said that basically, the option pkgs and the discounts make the difference. If I understood correctly, the silve rone I looked at had a discount on the window sticker due to option packages of $2700+; the one I bought had on the window sticker a discount due to option packages of about $1300 or so. He said that basically comes off the employee purchase price and that $1400 difference is the difference in the price.

The guy was great about it, even though I broke his shoes by playing stupid and saying "Well I am just a layman and to me if the bottom line on the window stickers is the same, the payment is the same"...he said he couldn't do anything because under the program the price is the price, so he threw in 5 free oil changes. Hey, I took it, something is better then nothing.

email me if you want the dealer info I'll be more then happy to let you know. It is a small dealership, but they are really helpful. I wasn;t interested in the EXT, so I don't know what they were pricing out at, but I imagine pretty close. They did have an EXT on their showroom floor, an it was pretty loaded (I think an LS) with an out the door place. of $26,500. I haave to go to the dealer this afternoon for something, I will check it out for you and get the details.
    The veh in the dealer was an LS EXT, w/ 5.3 V8 and option pkg #2. No sunrooof or leather, but with running boards. $26,500.
    Hey Stag, you da man it sounds like. Please let me know where you are from. I cant find a dealer to get me anything under what they feel is adequate. I need the EXT but dont care much for leather as I have 2 big dogs, hence the EXT. I will have 5K in negative equity so I need to stay under 27000 to stay in my price range of less than 500.00 month.
    'Thanks in advance!
  • jayk47jayk47 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have come across a 2002 Trailblazer LT.. Leather seats, Fully Loaded etc with only 18000 original miles on it. An old lady is selling it as it used to be her deceased husbands car. Its been garaged for over 2 years and has only been used a few times... Its absolutely like brand new... Problem is im not sure what to offer for it... We were thinking of 15000... It might even have some warranty left on it...Does this sound like a good deal??
  • kerley1kerley1 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I have already secured financing through my credit union at 4.99%. Today at a dealership, the salesman said that if I do a GMAC Smartbuy that I can get an additional $2500 off of my purchase price. He said that since I really want finance through a regular loan that I could turn around after I make my first Smartbuy payment and refinance through my credit union. I told him that I would have to check with my credit union on Monday.
    The price I was quoted with the smartbuy is $21527 +TTL. This is an LS with the Sun, Sound and Entertainment package.

Has anyone had any dealings with the smartbuy program? Taking the additional $2500 off would really help me a lot but I'm nervous about this because I haven't done this type of a purchase before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I have gotten 3 cars through Smartbuy. What your salesman says is true. However, what I would ask is if you would get the same rate through your credit union because it would then be considered used when you went to pay it off.

My father likes to buy cars outright - cash only. When he got his Deville, he was going to pay cash, but when he talked to the sales manager (a family friend), he was basically told the same thing you were - finance it throuh SmartBuy, take advantage of the additional discounts available and then pay it off. Which is what he did.

I don't know where you live, but in NY where I live, because of new legislation you can't lease, but you can do SmartBuy. In essence, it is the same thing for us except the title is in your name, and it is much less restrictive there are mile restrictions though 12 or 15 thousand per year. At the end of the 48 months you can either give the car back or pay the balloon payment.

Email me if I can help explain this further or help with any questions. I am certainly not the expert, but I have done this a couple of times.
  • kerley1kerley1 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much. I feel much better knowing that someone else has done the same thing. I will definitely check with my credit union regarding the rate before I do anything though.

Regarding refinancing, do you happen to know how long your Dad waited until he paid it off and was there any kind of a penalty? My salesman talked like I could turn around and refinance as soon as I made my first payment.

By the way, I live in Texas so we are still able to lease and Smartbuy. The mile restrictions appear to be the same as they are in New York. I'm glad to hear that you have been happy with the program for future reference.

Thanks again for your help. I've been researching the Trailblazer and I really thing I'm going to like it.
    He paid it off after making one SmartBuy payment, I don't know why he waited, I think he wanted to make sure no one was going to ask him for the discounts back or something...LOL

Good luck with the TrailBlazer, I pick up mine tomorrow, I cannot wait.
    Was looking hard. But I think I finally found the PERFECT vehicle. Someone tell me if I got the right deal please. It is a black on black leather Envoy XL(7 seats)
    Fully laoded, everything except a DVD player, what would I need it for, no kids. 900 miles, GM drove for a few weeks. 31000 purchase price, due to the DEMO status, I got a 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty w.a $50 deductible for $900.00 financed. 72 month term 606/month. 35K out the door. This is Envoys creme de la creme.
  • manintheboxmaninthebox Member Posts: 21
    I am looking for a Trailblazer EXT and was considering leasing, but now the Smartbuy concept has me curious. I guess I don't really see much of a difference between a lease and Smartbuy other than the fact that the Smartbuy payment seems slightly higher when using GM's payment calculator.
    Could someone that has used Smartbuy please provide a lease/Smartbuy comparison or let me know why you chose Smartbuy rather than a lease?

Thanks in advance!
    Well in NY, you can no longer lease a car like you can in other states, so financing or SmartBuy is your only choice. SmartBuy has a ballon payment at the 48th month that you pay if you want to buy the vehicle or simply turn the vehicle in. They also offer $0 money down option.

When I used to lease, in NY anyway, the title would be in the leasing company's name and they would hold the title. With SmartBuy, the title is in your name and you hold it as you would with financing. Leases also typically require some sort of cap cost reduction up front. To me, they seem very similar. I have been leasing since 1992 and SmartBuy customer since it started in NY about 3 years ago.
    I would ask her what she would want for it. You might be surprised. She may have no idea how much she could get for it and you could walk away with a "like new" truck for a lot less than you need to pay. She'd be happy and you'd be happy. I ran a blue book, and they suggest in the ball park of $17,000. However, you are buying from a 3rd party and if the warranty is not transferable, might be taking a risk. I'd aske her and start around $14,000 if she is over that price. good luck.
  • petriepetrie Member Posts: 2
    The other difference is in the amount of taxes you pay up front. On a traditional lease, you only pay tax on the amount of payments. With SmartBuy, you pay tax on the purchase price of the vehicle since the assumption is that you will make the balloon payment at the end and thus "Buy" the vehicle.
  • jsanfilippo5jsanfilippo5 Member Posts: 2
    I went to chevy last night and I was approved for a trailblazer - the bank said i needed proof of income, i dont save my paystubs so i dont have that to show them. They told me to go get my insurance and to come in tonight to take care of the dmv stuff. What should I do about the pay stub situation, i dont get paid for another 2 weeks.

thanks in advance
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    You are going to have to talk to your employer about providing some sort of income verification. Maybe bring bank statements if you have them. You are supposed to keep copies of your pay stubs just for this reason!

You might ask in our Questions About Financing New Vehicles discussion as well.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• vosvos Member Posts: 2
    I just traded my 2002 TrailBlazer LS in for a 2005 LT. The list price was $34,935 and it has the sun and sound package with running boards, leather, sunroof, and a Bose 6 cd changer with XM radio. The GM discount price was $28,500 and displayed on the windshield. It also had a $2500 rebate. I owed $14,500 for my old TB and they gave me $16,500 for it. It only had 18,000 miles on it, but no options. I've upgraded to a vehicle with all the bells and whistles including the free one year of OnStar and three months of XM and my payment is $40 less per month, of course its for four more years. I'm definitley pleased with Stanley Chevrolet in McCordsville Indiana. I also purchased an '05 Impala from them in January. It's definitely wierd walking in the garage and seeing a blue TB instead of a red one! :D
  • scot5scot5 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 05 Trailblazer LS on 6/22. With GM employee price and rebate it was $21,500. I added gap insurance at $399 and the dealer arranged financing with a credit union for 5.24% for 72 mos. One thing that was interesting is that I am eligible for a GM discount through my father-in-law. The dealership confirmed that it would not benefit me to use his discount, so GM is really charging the public the same price as employees. My last few cars have been Hondas and Toyotas. I wanted an SUV and the Trailblazer cost less than the smaller, less powerful RAV 4 and CRV. Much less than the similar in power and size Pilot and 4 Runner. I live near the town where Trailblazers are built (Moraine, OH), so it's neat driving a car that my neighbors built. Hope all of our Trailblazer buying and owning experiences go well.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter is interested in speaking with someone who has purchased a GM vehicle using the current ‘GM Employee Discount’ promotion. If you are interested in speaking with this reporter about your purchase decision, please contact Pam Krebs, Edmunds.com PR, at pkrebs@edmunds.com with a phone number where you can be reached. The reporter needs to speak with someone today. Thank you

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• locomolocomo Member Posts: 29
    Have found an '05 6 cylinder Envoy XUV (retractable roof) with 4WD, locking differential, and Onstar. MSRP is $33,480. Dealer wants 26,935 (employee discount) -2500 rebate + 270(doc fee) = 24705 + TTL. Is this a good deal or should I keep shopping?
    Thanks
  • manintheboxmaninthebox Member Posts: 21
    How is everyone getting such a low price before the rebate? I have contacted a few dealers regarding both the Trailblazer EXT and Envoy XL and am getting quotes after rebate for approximately what other people are quoting before rebate (Envoy XL MSRP $33,810, price after employee discount and rebate is $26,310).

locomo - are you sure that the price of $26,935 is before the rebate? If you check on the GM website the employee price for an Envoy XUV with an MSRP of $33,280 is $26,755 and it says that includes all incentives (which I take to mean rebates).
    On the Chevrolet web page under "Special Offers", the current deal for the EXT is a $2,500 rebate on top of the employee pricing. Instead of the rebate, you can get discounted financing. So, if you are going to buy an EXT, get pre-approved financing first. I also used a GM card on my truck, so that may be an additional discount being included.
    Getting almost $9,000 off of MSRP is a good deal. I'd ask them to throw in some free oil changes though ... :)
  • locomolocomo Member Posts: 29
    are you sure that the price of $26,935 is before the rebate?

Yes. This is in the Mid-South region.
    The guy I talked to on the phone said the price was the same as posted on the web, $26,935.
    I then asked if he'd go lower since I had to drive 200 miles to get it.
    He then told me about the $2500 rebate which would make it $24,435 +$270doc +TTL
    He wouldn't waive the doc fee, so I told him I'd think about it.
    My brother in Pennsylvania was trying to buy a GMC for a graduation present for his daughter.
    They wouldn't do the rebate AND employee pricing for him. This is contary to what's on the GM website, so he went elsewhere(non-GM).
    http://www.gmc.com/currentoffers/index.jsp?brand=&pageName=home&location=tnav&originatingB- rand=divisional
  • rowdycleverowdycleve Member Posts: 2
    I've traded my Honda Accord for an Envoy SLE with options. The sticker price was $31770 that included Polished wheels, homelink, power driver seat, cruise control, and other stuff. After all the rebates the price of the car was $23373 +TTL. That was $1075 less than the price on the Emp. Discount Flyer on the front windsheiId. Also, I received $13500 for my 2004 Honda DX which I paid $15000 last year but had 18000 miles.

I think I received a great deal. I purchased the SUV in June before the employee discount was extended but I also shopped several quotes from dealer to dealer.
This discussion has been closed.