Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12346»

Comments

• mrrick1mrrick1 Member Posts: 4
    Update. 36 mo. lease, 30K total miles, with all incentives including $2500 GM Credit card points, no downpayment, no security deposit, monthly $369 out the door.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information on this truck's current lease program that you're looking for, rallye350. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 5.9% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Leasing a Trailblazer is just NOT attractive at all. I went by the Chevrolet dealership today... Residual and money factor are the same for the 24 month lease above. It's almost $550/month with the GM Supplier Discount! That's more than an Infiniti FX35.

There's currently an $800 incentive for a 24 month lease.

The 36 month lease is a bit more attractive (with a $2600 incentive). The offer given to me today was:

MSRP: $34,950
    CapCost: $30,121
    Residual: 58% (10k miles)
    Money Factor: 5.900% APR
    Acq. Fee: $595
    Doc. Fee: $75

Monthly: $399.44 or $425 w/ 6% MI tax

But that's 36 mos....
  • mrrick1mrrick1 Member Posts: 4
    You can do better. Over the memorial day weekend I got the following deal:

07 Trailblazer Leather, Sunroof, Red Jewel Tint Coat (extra), 4 wheel drive, etc. loaded. I can get you the exact MSRP if you want but it's similar to yours.
    No money down, first payment included, $500 Lowes Gift Card, sign and drive at $369 per month. Tax included. I did use $2500 in GMAC credit card points however. 36 month lease with 10K miles per year.
  • luigisdadluigisdad Member Posts: 9
    Hi:
    My lease for my 2006 TB SS is up in 6 months and I want to take advantage of the pull-ahead program. Does anybody know what the GMAC leasing rates and residuals are for 2007 Trailblazer SS? I live in Los Angeles, California, zip code 90293.
    thank you
    Roy
  • evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

How do these numbers look:

NY State
    2008 Trailblazer 4WD LT
    MSRP 30595
    Sell Price 27700
    Money Factor 7.65
    Residual 18346
    GM Rebates 3100
    39 month 10000 miles per year
    Taxes first payment up front 1100 + 298
    298 a month
  • karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone have lease money factor and residual values for a 36-39 month lease, 15K/yr (in CA)?

Thank you.
  • inkoinko Member Posts: 1
    I'm a rube. So, please bear with me.

3SS Package, no nav or sun roof.
    Turning in my 04 (they're paying the last month)
    $3000 down including Tax, Title, dest, etc. everything.
    $469/month
    39 months
    12K miles

Here's the rube question: Did I get took? :).

Oh, btw, NYC resident.

Thank you in advance.

Inko
    I just leased my 2007 TBSS w/ 3SS, Safe and Sound, no sunroof, BOSE, no nav.
    MSRP was $36k
    Had a 2006 TBSS and did a 6 month pull ahead (turned it in and didn't have to pay the last 6 months of that lease).
    GMAC had a $1k incentive on leases so that acted like a cap reduction payment.
    No security since I was turning in a 2006.
    Paid 1st and last month for a total of $885.
    Monthly payment including state tax of $40 is $440.
    Hope that helps.

Roy
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Member Posts: 9
    I leased my 07 TB 3SS in Feb. '07, fully loaded, safe and sound, bose, nav, 2wd only thing, which is what I wanted.
    They paid the last 3 months of my 05 TB and I put $1,500 down, I pay $428 a month on a 36 month lease, 15K. I did have $1,600 in GM earnings, this was a non-gms lease, it was at invoice or something like this.
    Michigan lease by the way.

Hope this helps you out.
  • karchkarch Member Posts: 45
    Thanks All. It doesn't answer the question specifically, but does give me practical information.

How do you all like the SS? Aside from the power, are you happy with it? I am concerned about quality, workmanship and such, as I am coming from an Infiniti (G35) but I need more room, and I might be inclined to purchase it after the lease if it's holding up.

Thank you.
  • rehamreham Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man, i sent you an email regarding some 2007 Trailblazer info.

Jeff
  • infinitemethodinfinitemethod Member Posts: 2
    I got a couple quotes for a 2007 Trailblazer SS for 27 months, 12k a year for $411. Also, a 2008 fully loaded Trailblazer LT (everything but navi.) for 27 months, 12k a year for $395. Both are roughly $500 down for first payment and tax/title. What do you guys think about that?
    Are you sure that is correct? How loaded is the SS? that is a killer deal if this is the 3SS w/Safe & Sound.

Why would you look at a 2008 Trailblazer LT vs. a 2007 Trailblazer SS? There is absolutely no comparison.
  • infinitemethodinfinitemethod Member Posts: 2
    Ok, so the dealer guy apparently didn't hear me correctly when I said 27 month, 12k a year.

The SS is a 3SS and for 36 months with 12k a year it'll be $561 with $793 down.

The fully loaded LT with the same terms is $432 with 752 down.

I just need an SUV in general. I'd rather have an SS but honestly just want an SUV. My buddy got his 2007 1SS for $398 for 36 months, 12k a year and $500 out of pocket.
  • sylviaesylviae Member Posts: 31
    I have reached my 36,000 mileage and need to get another lease car---how do I get out of this lease on a 2006 Trailblazer that isn't up until Oct 2008????? Also---how much can I expect to lease an Impala for (2008) ?
    Hey sylviae. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your Trailblazer lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off trying to keep your mileage as low as possible and waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    Prices being paid
    Difference between 08 / 09
  • atom1atom1 Member Posts: 6
    The SmartBuy on my 2006 Trailblazer SS ends in June. The payoff is $22k, which is probably $2-3k over market value. I am well under the mileage limit, but it's possible they could make me pay to replace the tires. Tirerack has the OE tires for $105 each. Otherwise, I don't expect any penalties for turning it back in.

What is the best option? I would like to keep it if I could buy it for the current market price. Is there any chance they would lower the payoff to get me to keep it? Otherwise, I need to start looking for a new SUV.
    Hi atom1. It is difficult to say whether GMAC will be willing to lower your vehicle's purchase option price. The only way to find out for certain is to give them a call directly and see if they will work with you. More often than not banks won't, but I would not be surprised in the least if you were able to get them to offer your this truck at a reasonable price. If your initial contact at GMAC isn't willing to work with you, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • procspprocsp Member Posts: 1
    Could someone please help me understand what portion of my lease is used to determine the interest rate? I simply subtracted the amount of rent--5880 from the Cap Cost--41253 and come up with 14.25%, ?

Cap Cost $41,253.25 (Invoice 35770, there was no trade payoff, but they lied and said there was and I signed because I believed them. That is why the Cap is higher than the invoice.)
    Cap Red. -$4,500
    Residual -$9,412
    Rent Chrg $5,880.60 = %??
    state tax rate .7%
    66 month lease

Please help.

1. Payment?
    2. Interest Rate?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    A 66-month lease?!

I didn't figure your payment, because I'm not sure if your net CAP cost is $41,500, or if that figure is before your CAP cost reduction.. (don't you know the payment?)

But, it's easier to come close to the interest rate.. A rough estimate is about 4.3% APR..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi procsp. General Motors is not currently providing lease support on the Trailblazer. Entering into an unsupported lease on a GM product does not make financial sense. You would be better off financing an '09 Trailblazer through GMAC at 2.9% for 5 years or financing it through an independent bank and taking advantage of the total cash allowance of $4,000 that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigpav7bigpav7 Member Posts: 9
    Just wondering what SSs are leasing for these days. Really want to get into one pretty soon, just not sure if I can afford it. Anyone with some numbers for me? THanks
    Hi bigpav7. General Motors pulled the plug on the Trailblazer. 2009 models are the last ones that it produced. Unfortunately, GM is not providing lease support on '09 models any longer. If you really want a Trailblazer, you will have to finance it through GMAC at 0% for 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years, finance it through an independent bank, or pay cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • jraiajraia Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to negotiate the buy out amount?
    Hi jraia. More often than not banks will not negotiate the end-of-term purchase option price of leased vehicles. Having said that, give it a shot because you don't have anything to lose by trying. Place a call directly to GMAC, or whichever bank you are leasing your Trailblazer through and see if the are willing to work with you. If your initial contact there is not, you might have better luck by working your way up the ladder to a manager. Again, banks usually will not negotiate but if you really like your truck it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.