Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cchisholm1cchisholm1 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, this was only a quote I got from one dealer. I decided to go with another one because it was on the lot. $52,828 (plus TT&L) was with Manf Rebate ($2K), Military Discount ($500) and GM Cash ($500). Hope this helps.

CCC
  • kficeman1kficeman1 Member Posts: 12
    My MSRP was $54,975

-Kevin
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Does anyone know if the 2K dealer cash currently available can be used if you lease the car? I've gotten mixed messages on this. I am currently deciding between leasing the Denali XL and the Escalade ESV. I was leaning towards the Denali assuming I could use the dealer cash but if not, the much smaller difference in payment may make me reconsider (the current incentive on the Escalade can apparently be used for a lease).
  • marcsparksmarcsparks Member Posts: 2
    Hello, Marc Sparks here,

That sounds like a good deal to me.

Thanks,

Marc Sparks
  • tbullytbully Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

It looks like the going sticker for an '07 (non-xl) Denali is around 55K. If you use an employee discount, don't you lose your braganing power?

That is, the price is pre-set by GM. Please educate me before going to the dealer. I'll be using an emp. discount with NO trade-in.

Thanks for your help!
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Not knowing where you live, if in Northern California, Sierra Motors (GMC,Chev,Caddy) sells everything just above invoice (without having to bargain), and I believe that GM still has the $2000 cash incentive.
  • kimdvm1kimdvm1 Member Posts: 37
    I've spent a few months looking before deciding how to replace my 2000 Denali. I tried looking at CUVs with lower price and better MPG, but I just loved the new Denalis. Got an XL this time for better family trips.

I am happy sticking with GM. My Denali with 185,000 miles is still doing well and hopefully I can sell it quickly. My 1991 S10 is a rustbucket but still our work truck... it has 360,000 miles on it and just won't quit running.

I contacted my local dealer first via the Costco buying, which goes for $500 over invoice. However, they agreed to sell to me at invoice if I took something on their lot or even ordered. However, I wanted the blue-green crystal paint and, as of May 1, GM isn't painting any more blues or reds, because they are replacing those colors when the 2008s come out.

At first they couldn't locate what I wanted within 500 mi, but finally did when I agreed to be flexible on interior color. I agreed to take this car at $500 over invoice. They had to go pick it up and supposedly the other dealer wouldn't trade with them; they claim they had to pay invoice and the other guy got the dealer holdback.

Anyway, still a reasonable deal. The rebate went up to $2500 May 1, I had $2900 in GM Card earnings, plus a $1500 GM personal coupon, so the purchase price was $46,000 plus tax for a loaded Denali XL with an MSRP of $56,000 (all but the 20" wheels, they are beautiful but decided there were other things I'd rather do with the money). :D

I could have probably pushed someone else for a couple hundred less... but this is my local dealer who will pick my car up for service. I also test drove a LOT there, including an overnight with an XL that I put 100 miles on. I certainly would be a jerk if I went somewhere else for a few bucks.

Moral of the story:
    Yes, you can get these at invoice (maybe better with this weeks surge in gas prices!)
    If you want blue-green crystal or red, buy soon. In 2008, the sticker price will be higher and the rebates may be gone for a while. (new slate blue coming though, might be neat).
    If you have a GM Card, fill out your online profile including "GM Preferences". I think this is how I got the $1500 coupon.

I declined the extra $1800 that extends the bumper-to-bumper to 100,000 mi for 2 reasons
    1) companies are making money on extended warranties. The odds are in your favor of not buying them
    2) Car problems seem to either come when they vehicle is new or after high mileage. I'll put 100,000 on in about 3 yrs, so I hope I won't see many problems in that time.
    Wondering about this decision, though. It doesn't take much to get $1800 in repairs these days. :confuse:

IT'S BEAUTIFUL; I LOVE IT. WE TOOK A ROAD TRIP FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT JUST TO CHECK IT OUT AND LET THE KIDS WATCH THE DVD. Took me a few min to figure out how to get the nav lady voice to quit nagging my husband to turn. Now he has 2 women back-seat driving him! :P
  • elbeto77elbeto77 Member Posts: 7
    $1500 GM personal coupon how do you gain access to a coupon like that ?
  • steveprintsteveprint Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a new Denali XL and have gotten prices that seem high. I am looking at a truck that is fully loaded at $59k sticker and I qualify for the GMS discount which prices the truck at $51k. I am getting 36 month lease prices of $800 per month for 12k miles per year. Is it true that the dealer can still negotiate the lease prices even when the GMS discount is involved? What is the residual on a truck like this? Also to make matters more confusing, on the GM family discount web page they offer a Denali lease (not an XL) for $650 per month with 15K miles per year MSRP $55k(loaded). I figured the XL should be about $50 per month more. Which puts me according to my calculations $750 per month including tax not the $800 I am getting quoted. Are the residuals better on the escalades that will allow me to get more truck for the same lease payment?
  • dozemandozeman Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new loaded 2007 Yukon Denali. Includes retractable running boards, nav, 20" wheels, flip-down dvd plus 2 headrest dvd's, heated steering wheel, etc. MSRP was $58,810; I paid $51,057 after negotiated discount ($4,753) and $3,000 in GM incentives.

Sharp Black exterior/Tan interior. I think the Denali is the best-looking suv on the market today. Happy so far except passenger side window squeaks when it goes up/down. Will take that in for them to adjust.

Very happy with the purchase. Took the cash rebate instead of the GM financing deal because I plan to pay off the loan amount early. Dealership beat the rate I was pre-approved for from the bank (suggest you get pre-approved and let the dealership know your rate; that way they can try to beat it for you. They want that financing!)

Did all price negotiation via email. Contacted several lenders in the area and asked for their best price on the exact model & options I wanted. Then let them know the other dealership's prices they were competing against. Best hassle-free way to negotiate a car that I've found.

Could I have gotten a better deal? Interested in your responses. I think this was about the best I could do within 200+ miles of my area.
  • footwoodfootwood Member Posts: 16
    looking to lease a new Denali 2007 Gold mist tan interior CD/ DVD no navigation, rear entertainment, regular wheels

purchase price of $47160. GM supplier price which should come out to about 200 below invoice. They told me that the cash back incentive or 2k does not apply to leases. Aslo the $1000 Marketing support only applies to old cars brought to the lot before 1/10/2007 or something.

no money out 39 months 15k a year. $778 a month including tax for NJ.

Good Deal?
  • uvamackuvamack Member Posts: 2
    I don't think that is the best deal. I just purchased 07 Denali last week using supplier pricing. If you log on to the GM Supplier discount page and up at the top, select lease offers. My price out the door (Gross capitalized cost) was $50,893. It was fully loaded except the retractable running boards. I did a 36 month lease with 15k/year for a monthly of $757. Just make sure and print out the page that shows the lease price and the cost of the vehicle. They tried to say they couldn't go that low and that deal expired, I showed them the print out and pulled it up on their computer. They started at $804, I told them I was leaving and to call when they got it to $757. They did it. So it is possible, they can't argue with the supplier listing.
  • brewboybrewboy Member Posts: 36
    I paid $47,550 cash for my 07 Denali, Stealth Gray, exterior/ Ebony interior...build date of 03/07 from GMC Dealership in Phoenix AZ. MSRP was $55,355. GMAC offered $2000 Program cash along with $1500 bonus cash.It has Power Sliding sunroof, P41 20" wheels, Navigation with DVD/CD/MP3 and Rear Seat Entertainment DVD, reverse camera. Dealership even added tint to front side windows. :)
  • martinr77martinr77 Member Posts: 4
    Brewboy: What dealer did you purchase from in Phoenix? I am in Scottsdale and ready to buy.......may order a 08, but that is a heck of a deal you got for a 07.

Thanks, Ron
    email me at brewboy@shaw.ca and I will fill you in with specifics
  • martinr77martinr77 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, email sent!
    Martinr77

Did you end up getting an 07 Denali?....I was looking at Showcase GMC on E Camelback Rd Phoenix last week and saw 07 full load for $47,900.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Found a remaining '07 Denali XL.

MSRP: $54,620.00
    Invoice: $50,827.00
    Sell
    Price: $49,827.00 ($1000 below invoice)

Took the 0% for 5 years, nothing down = $902/mo.

Had I taken the rebate and bonus cash totaling $4750 and financed through a secondary lender, payments would have been about $75 higher.

Looks like the regional ad fee (at least in socal) is up between 1.5% - 1.75% of the total MSRP now (minus destination). Still got a smokin' deal though!

Just thought I'd share.
  • ltg006ltg006 Member Posts: 2
    This forum helped me set my goal in structuring a lease deal. So, I thought I would post the result of my deal,

I just got home with my 2008 Yukon Denali XL. I couldn't be happier with the terms. The dealership did it through GMAC.

MSRP: $52,075
    Invoice: $48,695

Sell Price: $48,530

I used my $1,500 from the GM Mastercard rebate and left a drive off of $2,500. The end result is a monthly payment of $671 for 39 months at 12,000 miles/year. I am pleased with this deal as many of the dealerships I visited in the Los Angeles area told me I was looking at paying a minimum of $800/month for 39 months on a lease.

Good luck!
    Good job! Thats a great deal...what color did you get and what options are on the truck?....Im looking at buying the 2008 Denali in the new color Dark Slate Mettalic but haven't seen one yet.
  • ltg006ltg006 Member Posts: 2
    I got the gold Mist Metallic. I really like the subtle look of this color. It is not so in your face. I did get to see the Dark Slate Metallic in the small size Denali. It's hot.

As for options, there are too many to list so I'll state what I didn't get - no sunroof, no 20" chrome wheels, and no nav. I probably would have gone with a model with Nav if the system were GPS based. But, the system is DVD based. I didn't feel it was worth it.
  • bigcoyotebigcoyote Member Posts: 2
    I bought my wife a 06 Yukon XL Denali in Dec. of 06. It was a "executive" car with 900 miles on it. "new" sticker price was something like $55K - the dealer was asking $49K. I ended up getting it for $39K out the door with a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty. So far I am very pleased with it.
  • go8go8 Member Posts: 58
    Here is my deal:

Denali XL
    Black exterior
    Ebony interior
    MSRP 59,010
    Sun, Ent, Dest package
    20" Chrome wheels
    Heated steering wheel
    Price before tax, title, reg 51,988
    Above includes 3,000 GM rebates, but before GM card cash.

Financed it with a 63 month loan at 5.9%

Looks great! Rides great!
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    there are a number of dealers on ebay selling denali xl's for more than $10k off sticker. prior to today i suspect that it only included the $2000 GM cash. However, chevy/GMC just announed today that yukons/suburbans get $6,000 cash back - including GM loyalty and cash back - does anyone know what the breakout is on the $6k between loyalty and straight cash back? Also i know that GM did conquest cash recently...i m wondering if they will extend the conquest program to apply up to the $6k...

i am also still waiting patiently for GM to increase the earnings redemption limits on SUVs to spark sales.....$1500 on yukon/suburban is not enough....
  • donahuesdonahues Member Posts: 36
    Any recent purchases that someone can share prices on. Interested in an 08 Denali XL
  • hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    Just bought an 08 Yukon White Diamond Edition, Loaded, MSRP $54600, was priced at $48,491 (discount of $6109). Further reducing the price was -$5000 (loyalty) -$2000 (rebate), -$2600 in GM Card Earnings. Whether there is such thing as a good deal on a 6000lb gas guzzling SUV when gas is heading to $5+/gallon I'm not sure, but this seemed like at least not a bad deal ;)
    hiperco: do you have the old GM card that only allows you to earn $700 per year but there are no redemption allowances?? or did they raise the redemption allowance up from $1500??

did ytou finance through GMAC?? what term and rate?

thx
  • hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    Have the old GM card, $500/yr max, $3000 cap (or maybe $3500, not sure).

Didn't finance through GMAC.
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    The redemption allowance are defined once a year, around Sept. Every so often they offer bonus GM card dollars. I'm waiting on pulling the trigger on a silverado/sierra. I guess I'll wait till September. Depending on the redemption allowances and rebates, I may consider an avalanche/yukon/tahoe.
    i have no basis to disagree but it seems strange that they only adjust it 1x per year when the dealer incentives are sometimes changed as often as several times per month....particularly in recent weeks/months when they are desparate to spur sales....

i cant wait til sept....
  • cottingercottinger Member Posts: 6
    Is there any loyalty cash on GM products right now in the southeast??
    there is no loyalty. just straight bonus cash. $2k base customer cash and $4k purchase bonus cash. check the suburban board post for the interest rate/bonus cash combos that you can choose.
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    Interesting point about the captive audience. You're right, I have bought 5 GM products in the last 10 years because of the GMCard points. GM should do a survey to see how much unused point are out there. If they lefted the limits, they would have a flood of buyers. Ford tried a rewards card a few years ago that just didn' make it. GM is the only game in town. They could really clear some inventory with a change on the redemption allowances.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Good point about being locked in with the GM points. I have about $11k stored up now, but have the new card with the redemption limits. I'd buy an SUV next week if they would let me spend my points all in one shot...In fact, if they upped it to $5k I might buy a Sierra and a Yukon.
  • motucarsmotucars Member Posts: 5
    I'm currently making a deal with a local dealership for an 08 Denali XL for $51900. MSRP is $59010. That doesn't include the $6k rebate. Didn't even step one foot in the dealership. I basically emailed about 10 dealerships what vehicle I was interested in and what options I wanted and asked them for their best offer. You also have to convey to them that you're serious in buying within the month. I was surprised they all replied. Most of them offered around the $54k (not including rebate). You can go with either the rebate or the 72 mo 0% offer.
    Made the deal before August 19th.

08 Yukon Denali XL
    MSRP $59010
    Got it for $51989

No rebates used but went with the 72 months 0% financing.
  • bro_hofbro_hof Member Posts: 1
    Anyone bought since August? I'm going to pull the trigger on a Yukon XL Denali in late October. MSRP ~60k, sounds like I can get at least 52 from the above experiences, anyone go lower now that we're later in the year?
    Give a dealer $52k for a Denali XL stickered at $60k and he should wash your cars, shine your shoes, and pick up your dry cleaning every week for as long as you own it. My local dealer has "$12,000 off" written on the windows of every Denali and Escalade. That seems great, but he had some for $13k off before the bogus "employee pricing" promotion started. Hang in a little longer and they'll throw in a Pontiac G5 with every Yukon sold...
  • bearnkdbearnkd Member Posts: 4
    What is a good deal now? Edmunds says 4500 + another 6k in incentives. Yet over on the Chevy side people are saying they are dropping 15k or more off of sticker on fully loaded Tahoes. I am looking at a 2008 Denali with 20" wheels, REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM, moonroof, nav. Local dealer here has about 20 still in stock.
    With 20 left on your dealer's lot, I'd wait a little longer. Sales were off 30% across GM and the SUV numbers are even worse.
    Yeah with the sales off by that much you can make a great deal. Generally you can get a better deal with Chevy because there are more Chevy dealers than GMC.
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    I'm in the market for a Yukon as well still trying to decide between the Denali or just the upgraded Yukon but either way. With the potential GM bail out and the other car companies and from what i have been reading i believe they will make these companies liquidate or sell off alot of their inventory as a requirement for the money. So you can bet your shoes they will be selling these cars real cheap it so i would suggest to anyone in the market for a car from these auto makers to wait another week or so see where this deal goes cause you may save enough money to go buy a boat and haul it with your new Yukon or Tahoe!
  • aquariaaquaria Member Posts: 6
    I really could use some advice please.
    Im going tomorrow to look at a 08 yukon denali xl, gold/tan, and pretty darn loaded.
    MSRP is 59,010.00. With bonus cash and yada yada yada the price right now is a firm 43,388.00.
    Is that a good deal?
    Ive been through so many (rude!) dealers who wont even negotiate a penny more off whats listed in the window. Ive had replies like 'no way' and 'good luck'.
    Dont dealers bargain anymore at all or is this straight up that what we see in the window is what we should pay?
    Thank you. Any advice right now would be so greatly appreciated.
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    Its basically a mind game you have to walk in there and mean business from the beginning tell them what you want and dont give them any hint as to money you want to put down or anything otherwise they know your hearts set on the car and they can take advantage. You need to be stern if you think the deal is garbage you say its garbage you need to show them with body language you mean business or they will try to walk on you that's the bottom line. Now with GM they need money really bad they are dieing and are on edge of chapter 11 they want the governments help, listen to news see what happens with the bail out. Either way they are gonna need to dump alot of cars and you will get a good deal because of their situation. Im waiting to get a Yukon Denali so im sorta in the same boat as you. So my suggestion wait and see what happens with the bail out and when you do go in dont be nice and show no weakness and you can get a great deal. If you have anything else you wanna know or have question for me email me tonyg41@gmail.com good luck!
    Hi Tony, thanks for the reply.
    I tried to negotiate with local dealers, doing just what you said, and they were so rude I couldnt believe it. One guy said 'no way' and wouldnt even take my name and number. Another one said 'good luck and if you find one for that price let me know and Ill go buy a hundred of them'. :(
    No one is negotiating at all. They say the price on the tag is the bottom line. Im actually driving to another state tomorrow to check out this rig.
    I figured with the economy crisis and the end of the year approaching that someone might be willing to dicker a little, but no one is budging.
    As for waiting, the tranny in my current rig is ready to go and from everything Ive read about the bailout it will probably come in the form of a 3k credit. If thats offered by the government I dont see GMC continuing the 6k discount thats running now.
    So Im thinking, but wanted opinions, on whether 43 is a good price or not.
    Thank you!
  • bigalpobigalpo Member Posts: 11
    Absolutely that is a good deal based on other recent posts and the market. The reason they are not dealing right now is the "Red Tag" sale. Just make sure they don't screw you on the financing. Do your homework on what new car rates are at this time. Good luck!
    Thank you so much John. I finally purchased an 08 Yukon Denali XL last Wednesday. The deal that evening went quite well and I talked them down below the red tag sale by almost 3k and up on my trade in by 1k. The MRSP was 59,010.00 which included the Sun/Nav/Entertainment package, 20" chrome wheels, 2nd row captain chairs, and a heated steering wheel. So including everything I got it down to 40k.
    I financed with my own credit union at 4.75%.
    Hopefully I did my homework right. Does this sound like a good deal to you?
    So far Im loving the rig!
    Thanks again. ;)
  • antonio27antonio27 Member Posts: 13
    Aquaria,

40k...Is that the cost of the truck and then you tack on your trade in?
    Antonio, I was just rounding out. The actual vehicle cost was 42something, and my trade in was 4k.