Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    INSKIP BLOWS. They are crooks and completely screwed up the delivery of my 04 FX35.
  • ubilnubiln Member Posts: 3
    i'm done shopping for an suv and have decided on the fx35.
    the edmunds tmv is $40700: sports,touring,cargo protector,splash guards,sunroof wind deflector. i also want the 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty(how much is this?)
    how realistic is this edmunds price?
    i'm in atlanta.

thanx for any feedback
  • themisnthemisn Member Posts: 23
    Saw a deal from Infiniti of Manhattan for 259 a month, 10k miles, 1000 down. Anyone have any experience with them?
  • ajchicajchic Member Posts: 1
    Saw the same ad. I called and was told that this is available through Infinity Financial Services, to top tier credit. It seems like a pretty good lease, but I just haven't heard of something like this before, the salesman indicated that it's for a 12 month lease, with the option to renew for a 6 month term and then month to month.

If this is available through Infiniti Financial Services, it should be available to all, right ?
  • damavrdamavr Member Posts: 15
    It should be available to all but they may have a certain credit score that you have to meet before you can qualify for the offer.

Anyhow I decided to buy since my credit union offered 4.99% up to 84 months. Here is the deal I signed on Friday (the car is at the port in the recall of the tail lights and should be delivered in the next 3-4 weeks).
    2006 FX 35 AWD fully loaded:
    Tech Package
    Sports Package
    Hands Free Package
    Touring Package
    Headrest Dual DVD player
    Cargo Mats
    Splash guards
    Roof Rail Cross Bars
    Destination

Price: $45,300 plus since the car is going to be delivered in October any marketing assistance/rebate will be passed to me by the dealer. The MSRP of the car is $50,550. Edmunds TMV was at $47,400 and invoice is about $46,000.

I could have pressed them for a few hundred dollars more but I thought this was a fair deal.
  • drlawyer2005drlawyer2005 Member Posts: 2
    Thought I would share my good luck. After contacting every Infiniti dealer in southern NE, last night I picked up my new Black FX from Quirk Infiniti in Braintree, MA (10 miles south of Boston for the out-of-towners). Details:
    Touring, Handsfree, Black roof rails, splash guards and cargo protector. MSRP of 42,350 and invoice of 38804, my price 38680, plus a decent interest rate of 5.84% over 60 months.

The experience was really solid. I spoke with the sales manager over the phone and told him what I wanted for my trade (KBB value) and after a quick look at the car, he gave it to my with no negotiations. The entire process took about 35 minutes, including signing paperwork. They did a great job explaining the ins and outs of the car. Can't say enough good things about the guys at Quirk.
  • satchmoiusatchmoiu Member Posts: 1
    At this point in the year, is it better to wait for the '07 models?

Quote recieved from dealer:
    2006 model FX 35 AWD
    Touring
    Hands Free
    Tech x/ XM
    Splash Guards
    Cargo area protector

MSRP: $46,260
    Quote: $41,002

However, for resale is it better to wait for the '07? When will the '07s be available?
  • keithseakeithsea Member Posts: 3
    Hello fellow FX owners, enthusiasts, and shoppers: New FX45 owner here, as of 48 hours ago. Snagged an '06 right off the delivery truck, instead of waiting for '07s, to avoid price increase and take Infiniti clearance discount available this month. The '07 upgrades (iPod attach, auto motoroized side view mirrors, wheels) weren't compelling to me.

Very satisfied with:

- Price: I was fortunate to qualify for a corporate Vehicle Purchase Program thru my employeer, so slightly below invoice, plus $1500 clearance discount (purchase only, not lease).

- Color: Black Obsidian; Espresso leather (almost burgundy, vs. brown) + graphite/tan interior, a beautiful tri-color look.

- Performance: Gratuitous extra HP from the V8, vs. the already ample V6 FX35. But, I decided the V8 feels smoother/quieter on hwy, not having to work as hard (less engine growl). Also hoping it'll deliver some extra adrenaline boost more often, in exchange for the lower/costlier MPG.

- Tech features (of course), esp. intelligent key (I'm embarrassed to admit this was probably an overly disproportionate factor in my FX preference, but I'm already loving it)

Mostly satisifed by:

- Ride/Noise: I love the power, and knew what to expect in terms of tradeoffs with sport suspension and engine growl, but am still adjusting, transitioning from my much smoother/softer Lexus RX300 experience. Almost wondering if I should have at least test driven a non-sport FX35. Hoping my ears/brain start to naturally ignore the engine growl.

A bit disappointed by:

- Bluetooth Phone: Doesn't have voice control or phone book, like the M45. Unfortunately, my Infiniti salesperson set my expectations differently before I purchased, when he demonstrated Bluetooth to me in the M45, not realizing the FX was less capable.

- GPS Navigation: Common complaint that destinations can't be set while in motion. I don't understand this restriction, since you can access pretty much everything else, just as distracting. I'd be thrilled to hear there's a bypass hack for this.

I deliberately avoided:

* Run-flat tires: Seems like a costly option for marginal safety/convenience benefit, and possibly harsher ride. Sounds like run-flat replacements could cost $500-600 more per set than standard (and already pricey) 20" tires.

* All dealer upgrades: Extended warranty, paint/upholstery protection, etc. I may go buy 3M paint protection, chrome wheels, and a tow hitch from other installers -- at far less than half what Infiniti quoted.

Lastly fwiw, I found the new '07 Acura MDX very tempting to go for instead of an FX: Sooth, powerful, and quiet ride from 300hp V6. Amazing turn radius and sharp handling. Great nav system incl. real time traffic and Zagat restaurant reviews (!). But, bigger overall feel than I wanted -- and just not as sexy/sporty as the FX.

That's all for now, I'm sure there's other thoughts and observations. Sorry for long post, but I figured I'd share key considerations I went thru during my purchase process, hopefully it will help others considering an FX purchase.
  • herdrnherdrn Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2006 fx 35 with touring/sports package/hands free/splash guards/roof rack crossbar/cargo area protector for 39,275 +TTL
  • jkeenanjkeenan Member Posts: 1
    Called Quirk last evening on a 06 left over FX35. tech, touring and sport 43k
    Thoughts on pricing?? Any ideas on good financing rates.
    How hard is it to hard wire the iPod?

Looking to trade my Expedition, did they give you wholesale on KBB?

Sorry for all the questions, have not purchased a vehicle in a while.
  • pk3737pk3737 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, all!
    Just bought my black '06 FX35 with touring and roof rack only. Did you all know that there's a $1500 dealer cash through 10/31/06? Using the dealer cash, I paid $35,760. The MSPR is $40,040 and the Invoice is $36,777. I think I did pretty well, what do you think?
    It is pretty good, you could have pushed them for more.

Based on the market right now you could have gotten the car for:
    Invoice $36,571 - Cross bar roof rails for free
    Rebate -$1,500
    Target Price $35,071 you paid $35,760 that is still pretty good considering MSRP of over $40k.

Here is the deal I got:
    2006 Black AWD, Touring, Hands Free, Technology, Sport, aluminum rail cross bars, mad guards, cargo cover protector.
    The aluminum cross bars splash guards and cargo protector where free (MSRP $550).

You will definately enjoy the car. Congrats !!!
  • toobluetooblue Member Posts: 3
    damavr,

can you calculate a 48 month lease payment on the deal that you got? I am trying to get a monthly payment around $500 all in.
  • jimscaysjimscays Member Posts: 41
    What dealer did you go to? I live near Charlotte, NC and does anyone have recomendations for dealers within 500 miles that are selling/leasing FX 35 for invoice?
    Thanks,
    :shades:
    Infiniti of Lake Norman.
    Quote "damavr,

can you calculate a 48 month lease payment on the deal that you got? I am trying to get a monthly payment around $500 all in. "

I am sorry but to calculate a lease from what I understand about leases you will need the following information in addition to the sales price (which I am assuming you can use the one I got):
    Lease term - as you said 48 months
    Lease Residual Value:
    Money Factor:
    Miles Driven per Year:
    Acquisition Fee: If any
    Security Deposit: If any
    Sales Tax rate:
    Title, Registration & Other Costs:

Depending on the numbers above the monthly payment can vary so without all those numbers I hate to estimate because I maybe way off.
    I am in St. Louis, Bommarito Infiniti.
  • pbeallepbealle Member Posts: 4
    I got one in CT with tech package, no sport package(didn't want it as the ride is too stiff) on a 12-month lease. With a sticker price of $47k, the lease is $1500 down, including first month's payment, and $425 a month. Only a couple of months ago the same car was more like $650 a month. The lease is not specified as renewable, however, it's through Infiniti leasing, and it's understood that they will renew it. Even if they didn't, it's a great deal for a year, and at the end you can buy the car(at 82%) or just let it go and start over with something else. This approximate lease was available at other area dealers, I just chose the one with the lowest downpayment. I can't see how you can beat this on a $47k car.
  • eskliangeskliang Member Posts: 7
    I just sealed my deal, and here's the short version:

12k miles / 12 month lease
    FX35 w/ touring, black rack, and splash guards.
    Down payment $1500 (includes tax, licenses, fees, 1st month etc). Paying $403/month for the next 11 months. Located in Oakland, California.

I saw some sick sick deals when i combed thru the pages, but it seemed impossible. People were getting AWD w/ my down and slightly lower monthly. I'm guessing it must be the higher residual w/ the AWD versions in the snowy or rainy areas.

Checked against MSRP of $36,863, I got it at $36323.29. Difference of about $363 under.

Anyways, was my deal good? I can't tell :cry:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    well... i hate to say it ... but the problem isn't the residual. Its the fact that you paid near MSRP. Most folks seem to be paying near invoice MINUS the incentives.

Did you get an '07 or '06?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

I'm sorry, I made a huge mistake on my post, LOL.

The car's MSRP is $40,180
    I paid $36323.29 (it's 500+ under invoice)

So is that a good deal?
    Ok. glad its not as bad as i thought.

i hope someone else can answer you more thoroughly because I'm really not sure of the current deals. I believe there was $1500 in incentives on the '06s last I heard, but Edmunds isn't showing any incentives currently. It could mean they expired as far as the manufacturer was concerned, but each dealer was given that $1500 to get rid of their inventory.

Anyway, if that is the case, then it seems you could have done better. But, I don't think you should sweat it. You got a nice vehicle for $400/month.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

How's this?
    FX35, 2WD, touring package, handsfree, roof rack, cargo net

MSRP $40850
    Invoice $37480
    My Price $35980

Good deal, yes?
    It'll make it easier if you provide us w/ a monthly payment and out of pocket cost (which includes all fees, 1st payment, any down, etc).
    I paid cash.
    I'm not sure if it's coincidence or what, but you got $1,500 off like some ppl suggested w/ the 1500 off. Is that what the deal is? Or is it just so happens it's 1500 off?

Looking at the invoice and what you paid, it seems like a damn good deal. But i'm not sure how that can be compared to those of us who did the 12 month lease.

Since you did pay the car outright, i'm not sure how to calculate it.
    I got $1500 because there was a $1500 dealer cash incentive.
    I asked for the vehicle to be sold at invoice then took off the extra $1500.
    Do you know if this 1500 incentive only applies to certain dealerships or all? I haven't heard anything of it.

How to find out which dealerships are having the specials? Call? When they even tell u then?

I just visited the Edmunds site and the incentive for the FX now is $2500 thru the end of Nov, omfg, i feel like throwing up right about now.

It showed $1.5k off for last month.
    yup. looks like it went up.

You really shouldn't sweat it, and neither should pk3737. You both paid more because you got to take advantage of the old incentives. You had no way of knowing it would go up. Even the dealers don't know what will happen from month to month. The manufacturer keeps it a total secret until the day they go into effect. If they didn't, people would never buy vehicles because they'd always be waiting for the next deal.

Enjoy your vehicles and stop thinking about it!

I believe the $1500 WAS for all dealerships.

I just checked the Edmunds and didn't see a $2500 incentive available for November. Where did you see it at?

If it's true, I'll be throwing up next to you. :)
    It's at the bottom box http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/infiniti/fx35/100632031/incentives.html?vdp=off&- setzip=94121&state=CA

Even w/ the 1500 off, I only got 500 :( Thank God it's only a one yr lease, I would be drowning myself in my own barf it was a 4 years or something of that degree.
    It's only $2000 in California. Looks like I'll throw up just a little bit.
  • scottrlscottrl Member Posts: 15
    I went to a local Infiniti dealer and checked out an 06 FX35 with Touring and Handsfree. They had an advertisement in this past weekend's paper for what looks like a great lease deal. I'd love to get some feedback from folks on whether or not this is a good deal? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

2006 FX35 AWD Touring & Handsfree package.
    Term = 12 months / 12K Miles
    Monthly Pmt = $325 ($348 with 7% Sales Tax).
    Down Pmt ZERO
    Acq Fee 550
    Docs 300
    Plates 115
    1st Pmt w/Tx 348
    Total due at signing = $1313.
    $3,825 (remaining 11 pmts)
    Total 12 months + Fees = 5138
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    $429/mo.. for only one year?

Dirt cheap..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx for the response / feedback.

Yes - only one year. The salesman also advised Infiniti may allow for a one year extension as well - which might make sense at that monthly payment.

I have a 00 Acura TL with 104K miles that I'd like to trade as well. I'm hoping they can give me a fair trade value and then it's an awesome deal all around. Thanks again for the feedback.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Where are you located?
  • ryno98ryno98 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have experience with how the 2007's will be priced in the January timeframe? Trying to decide if I should buy a 2006 and essentially eat 3 mo worth of payments. Does Infiniti try to get full MSRP at the begining of a model year?

Thanks!
    Providence, RI
    I called my dealership about the 2,500 incentive and the GM wrote back saying it doesn't apply to the 1 yr lease.

Is she lying?
  • gokhangulecgokhangulec Member Posts: 23
    Hi Carman, All,

Please help me here.. I need to get a car today or tomorrow...

* Do you know "November 12 months 15k miles AWD and/or RWD FX35 lease MF and residual"?

* Do you know if the 2500$ incentive is also valid for 1-year lease?

* I got an offer from a dealer and the details are as below:
    -> MSRP = 39,960 (06 RWD+ Splash guards + touring + Cargo prot.)
    -> Invoice = 36,679
    -> Drive-off = 1600$ (assuming this is 1st month + Bank fee + Doc fee + Reg fee). But he added the drife-off to the gross cap. Therefore:
    Gross Cap Cost = 36,679 + 1600
    - 0 down -> no cap cost reduction
    - He says residual went down for 2%, therefore I assume Res=79%
    - No idea about MF, but assume 0.00053
    - He says the deal is about 643$ for 11 months, i.e. 7073$ for 1 year.

When I read the previous topics, I feel like this deal is way too expensive. Can someone help me here?

Thanks in advance.
    By the way, he says selling price is invoice, i.e. 36679.
    Is this is October or November deal?
    Here are the rates:

2007 Infiniti FX35 RWD

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00226 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 56% of MSRP – .00247 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 45% of MSRP – .00246 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00252 Base Money Factor Rate

2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00236 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 57% of MSRP – .00248 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 44% of MSRP – .00243 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 36% of MSRP – .00254 Base Money Factor Rate

2006 Infiniti FX35 RWD

12 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 78% of MSRP – .00003 Base Money Factor Rate
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00061 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 54% of MSRP – .00125 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 45% of MSRP – .00209 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00252 Base Money Factor Rate

2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD

12 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 79% of MSRP – .00043 Base Money Factor Rate
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 66% of MSRP – .00076 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 55% of MSRP – .00130 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 46% of MSRP – .00226 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00255 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 1% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr on all terms and 2% for 10k mi/yr on 36+ months.
  • kh08kh08 Member Posts: 7
    were these numbers without your trade-in? Guess I don't see how some infiniti dealers can have different deals. :confuse:
    sorry about that. I am still working the dealer on the numbers. I will respond with the details once I get them.

Thanks
  • ananyy51ananyy51 Member Posts: 1
    I've owned by FX35 for 2 years and the vehicle has been incredible. However, despite consistently high customer satisfaction surveys and the fact that Infiniti is a "luxury" brand, I have had problems with 2 different dealers in 2 states. I purchased the vehicle in NJ (buying experience was fine), but have since moved to VA. My initial problem was discovered when I tried to change license plates, only to find that the NJ dealer had used the wrong screws, which rusted and broke off on the rear plate. The VA dealership then had to take the vehicle to a body shop to have the old screws drilled out and have the now very large holes filled. The plate has since fallen off, and the VA dealer says its not something covered under warranty, as it was a mistake by the NJ dealer not Infiniti. NJ dealer has refused to pay thus far. I've had some similar problems with VA service center on minor repairs (blown fuses, etc). The horrendous level of service at 2 dealerships is now causing me to re-think my next car purchase, which was to have been the G35.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Infiniti dealers, or have I just got very unlucky with 2 poorly managed but unaffiliated dealerships?
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    all 2006 models are gone. Any good deals on 2007 model?
    what is the reasonable # to pay over invoice for 2007?

thanks
  • pvsurferpvsurfer Member Posts: 50
    Well here in So Cal the Costco referral deal is currently $300 over invoice. I doubt you could get a better deal on an '07.
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    better then $300 over invoice for 2007? what casco referral? how does it work?
  • schack1schack1 Member Posts: 4
    gokhangulec
    Do you have similar info for December?

Thanks