Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mpl3431mpl3431 Member Posts: 3
    Just wondering where people are buying their FX-35 around MA for well below invoice. I am trying to decide between the Murano and FX-35 any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
  • codeggscodeggs Member Posts: 12
    There is a new crossover coming from Infiniti - it's the EX. However, it's sized as the FX's little brother and is not a replacement from what I have read. If they go with what is making the car circuit now - it'll have a 300+ horsepower engine.

If you look at post #1155 you see my purchase experience on my new 2006. There are some differences on the 2007, nothing major. The 2007 has an iPod interface. However, it only has 275 horsepower as compared to the 2006's 280.

Lastly, I test drove a couple of Murano's. Nice car but not as good as the FX35. The Murano is underpowered for it's weight. I didn't like all the space above the dashboard and it had a bigger blind spot than the FX.

Regards.
  • wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16
    I would like to buy a pre-owned (04, 05, 06) FX35/45 with under 30K miles.

Questions:
    1) In terms of financial saavy, my math calculations indicate that if I buy an '05 for $28K (seems to be avg), if I keep the car for 3 years and sell in 2010, that I can probably get about $22K for it based on what the '03 sells for now and presumably in 2008 when it is 5 years old.

Is my thinking correct? This way, it seems to make sense to buy a preowned for 3 years and think of it as a lease. If I buy it for $28K (figure about $30K out-the-door), then if I sell it for $20K in 2010, the true cost to drive the car for 3 years would be about $10K versus leasing a new '07 for 27 months where it'd cost around $1500 down for fees and $550/month = $15K. So, I could save $5K??? This would then require me to evalouate whether it would cost $5K in wear/tear/maintenance (an '05 may need new tires, breaks, tune-up, etc., so it could balance out whereas an '07 wouldn't need it).

Anyone follow?
  • tolaxtolax Member Posts: 4
    Purchased this weekend an 07 FX35 AWD with touring and technology package. Really struggled to find one that was in Copper that did not have the sport package as well.

I called the 8 local dealers (50 miles) and the best price I got offered was $1600 below invoice. That was from the guy who was 1 hour away so I assumed that was a good indication of what to shoot for.

Went to the local infiniti dealer who refused to go below invoice on the car. Managed three steps out of their showroom until they changed their mind and agreed. :) Not sure if $1600 below is a 'great' price but I was happy with it. Had the money but opted to take the 3-year 1.99% financing. I'll get at least 4.5% via ING Direct and thus save a bit more on the car.

So far (200 miles in) very happy with the car. It's a real head turner, especially in the copper and is a blast to drive! :)
  • kichuskichus Member Posts: 4
    I just bought FX35 and I was surprised to find the car without the cargo retractable cover that they call tonneau cover. Is it just ne or everyone else are getting this car without it? Please let me know. :confuse:
  • codeggscodeggs Member Posts: 12
    Mine didn't have one either.
  • surfsupsurfsup Member Posts: 12
    I'm debating between the FX35 and the acura MDX. so far, the infiniti dealers seem to be cutting better deals with the older model FX35. The best quote I have so far is $41K for one with the tech, touring, and hands free packages. This would come with 2.99% finainceing for 60 months. Does this sound like a decent price?
  • lirpa007lirpa007 Member Posts: 14
    South Florida Buyer

Just bought the 2007 FX35 sport with Touring Package
    Hands-Free Phone Package
    Splash guards
    Cargo area protector
    Blue exterior/black interior

The invoice was around $42k got it for $38k @ 2.99/60
    I probably could have gotten cheaper if I chose a different color. It seems the blue and the orange colors are really popular here in FL.
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    Hi, sounds like people are getting the actual selling price to below invoice on 2007 FX35's... I'm looking to lease, is the below invoice amount only when buying (because of the dealer incentives)? Are people getting lease's at below invoice?

Dealership is telling me they: "can let it go at invoice with zero profit to the sales department... but no lower". I find that hard to believe? Any input is appreciated! Looking for AWD, Touring and Hands Free...

Thank again.
  • industryindustry Member Posts: 1
    2007 FX35 BLK/BLK
    SPORT
    HANDS FREE
    TOURING
    CARGO MATS
    ROOF RAILS

$42,900 MSRP (APPROX)
    $39,129 NEGOTIATED PRICE
    $3K DOWN

$380/MO FOR 21 MO/12K A YEAR.
  • surfsupsurfsup Member Posts: 12
    dealers should definitely be able to go below invoice.

Several dealers have indicated they have at least $2K in factory cash. It sounds like they're concerned about next year's model and the current Acura MDX model hurting their sales of the 07 model.
  • lkirby1lkirby1 Member Posts: 4
    2007 FX 35 RWD Blk/Graphite
    Sport
    Hands Free
    Touring
    Cargo Area Protector
    Roof Rails
    Splash Guards
    Window Tint
    MSRP 42,960 Negotiated Price 38,500
    Can I do better?
  • ulmer2ulmer2 Member Posts: 1
    This looks like the exact configuration I am looking for. I'm in Mobile, AL and have not gone to the dealer yet. It looks like you are at invoice on your deal. Were you able to get the 2.99 financing with that quote? Do you mind sharing your dealers name with me, as I travel your way from time to time and if I can't make a deal locally, I'd like to look elsewhere. Thanks for any negotiating tips.
    Mel Ulmer
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Nevertheless, the EX will pilfer sales from the FX. Actual size of the vehicle doesn't matter as much with SUVs, IMO. Other than the TRUE fullsize vehicles, SUVs get broken down into Power, and Passengers. If the EX seats same passengers as the current FX35, and has more power, then it will steal sales.
    THe New FX will need a 3rd row rumble seat or 320+ hp.
    So I think they are clearing out FX35s to make way for the EX even tho it will be a notch down in the lineup eventually.
  • lkirby1lkirby1 Member Posts: 4
    Yes I received the 2.99 financing with that quote. The dealer that gave me that price is Southwest Infiniti in Houston. I spoke to another salesperson in Austin,Texas and she said that she couldn't beat that deal; she stated that I had received a very aggressive deal. She said she could give me the same price maybe $100 lower if I'm willing to drive 2.5 hours to Austin (HA HA). I haven't settled on anything yet, I'm still doing my homework. Good luck!
  • ed1970ed1970 Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up my 2007 FX35 AWD (liq. platinum/graphite) with the following features:

Sport Package
    Hands-Free Package
    Touring Package
    Cargo Area Protector
    Roof Rails - Aluminum
    Splash Guards

MSRP: 44,520 INVOICE: 40,675 NEGOTIATED PRICE: 39,000

I also got them to add Sirius satellite radio (not as part of the tech. package) for no additional cost. Was this a good deal?
  • usamortgageusamortgage Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me a Dealer in Wa,Or, or Ca that has sold a FX35 at cost or below?
  • redvelvet2620redvelvet2620 Member Posts: 25
    where did you get this quote from?
  • tolaxtolax Member Posts: 4
    I purchased mine from Frontier Infinity in San Jose. All the dealers that I spoke to in the local area (Oakland etc) were offering the same price though $1500-$1600 below invoice.

I used the edmunds.com option of getting 5 quotes. At the very least this showed all the dealers that I was shopping for the best price. Also when I went into the dealer to make the purchase I had all the info printed out so that I could show them what the deal was they needed to hit.

Had the car 3-4 weeks now. Only car I have ever had where I try and find an excuse to drive it every day. :)

tolax
    This wasn't a quote; this is what I paid. I negotiated with both dealers in the Twin Cities area. I think I could have gotten the deal from either dealer.
  • blairmsblairms Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like a pretty great deal to me! Good job.
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone know if Infiniti is offering factory to dealer incentives on the FX this month? I can't seem to find anything saying so. Thanks!

Sal
    Does any one have ANY information on the money factor and residual? I am going to the dealership on Monday, one salesman try to trick me with the sales tax. Like I am not going to know how much sales tax is where I live :mad:
    I just hung up on the s** of a *****.
  • blairmsblairms Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering between a used 2004 FX45 with tech package and 38k miles for 30k dollars vs a new 2007 FX35 with tech/sports/touring for approx 40k dollars.

Is it worth the extra 10k to get a new 35 vs a very nice used 45?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Have you driven both?
    Have you looked for a nice used 35?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• oneiljhoneiljh Member Posts: 4
    Hey looking in MA also. Have you purchased and were you happy with your experience?
  • jriker1jriker1 Member Posts: 11
    I have been reading through this long thread at pricing and am having a difficult time with them. I am in the market for a 2007 FX35 Sport/Touring/Hands Free and the best I'm getting (probably not including marketing fees) is around $40,500. I see quotes for basically the same vehicle on this newsgroup for mid to low 38k. WIth the 08's coming out I am surprised at the resistance from Infiniti to discount further. Do they truely not have any room to work here? Can someone guide me on what I should be willing to accept at this stage for an 07?

I do not see the point of buying an 07 if the 08's are about to come out and may be able to get them for around the same price point.

Thanks for any input people can provide.

JR
    The price of $38,701 or any of the prices listed here. Is this one or any of the others including Marketing support costs? Hard to know what the negotiated prices are if they are really like $600 more with the marketing support added in or if that was the final price.
    Hey jriker1. The deal that I outlined in message #1175 ($39,000) was the final price I paid. I believe there was $1,000 marketing support in May (when I bought it).
    Thanks for the reply. Yours was one of the two prices I was looking at. Planning on going in to negotiate this week so trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak. The sales guy I'm working with seems to be a good guy so want to be reasonable in the bottom line I have in mind. Been to the dealer twice already and he hasn't even talked about price yet.

JR
  • usamortgageusamortgage Member Posts: 2
    What state do you live in?
  • heronaldoheronaldo Member Posts: 1
    Who was your dealer in south Florida?
  • avallonsavallons Member Posts: 2
    I'm about to lease (21months) '07 FX35 AWD, touring package & Hands Free for $372 with $3K down... Is this a good deal??
  • msk22msk22 Member Posts: 2
    understand you just bought a FX35 AWD, If you don't mind, could you please tell me,on all the papers you signed when you purchased the car, on the line year_________Model_______ Body type______, what exactly said next to the Model? Was it FX35 or FX35AWD? I wonder if I got the FX35 instead of FX35AWD that I supposed to get. And, if I did get the AWD, Where on the car that indicates that it's a AWD? Thank you very much.
    MSK22 - Look on the window sticker, in the section that discloses the fuel economy information. Right below the picture of the gas pump, it should say, "2007 INFINITI FX35 AWD".
  • msk22msk22 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the reply. It did say "2007 INFINITI FX35 AWD" on the sticker. But when I got to the dealer to purchase the car, the sticker already off from the window,and it's on the salesman's desk. and on all the papers I signed that day, all say FX35 next to the model,that's why I was confused. Anyway, thank you again.

Best regards
    FYI- Today I was quoted the same price for a 2008 and I was on Monday for a 2007. Same car, options and even color.
    Can you provide details for the 2008 FX35 Lease you were quoted? Also what state?
    I am in Illinois.

Also, I am amazed at how Infiniti works with "last years" models. They do not seem to feel they require lowering the prices even though the 2008 models are coming out. The best they will provide is the new 0.9% financing. Wooptydo!!! GM has provided 0.0% financing for 5 years now. Also I'm looking to pay cash so am only interested in the bottom line.

My friend was able to get a certificate from their credit union saying that they could get the 2007 FX35 $1,700 under invoice. Every dealer I talk to without mentioning that specifically things I'm nuts. They get about $1,400 higher than that and then won't go any further down. I figured if one dealer has some agreement to sell for that price, then they all should be able to do the same.
    I have been looking at an 07 FX35AWD vehicle for a bit now, got all my prices set on what I wanted to try and negotiate to and out comes the 08's. I am not a big believer in buying last years model especially when the price is about the same.

Enter color options. Their supposably most popular color choice, Liquid Platinum is no longer available in the Sport package. Hense the Etched Aluminum interior is not offered either. Instead they now have their FX45's Sheer Platinum color available for the FX35 instead and are charging about $850 for that color extra. Don't even like the color so ain't gonna pay more for it.

Guess I need to look at another car.
    It was actually a purchase. On a 2008 fx 35 with touring & hands free, splash guards & cargo protector @ Infiniti of Norwood in MA $39.5k. The same colors both int and ext I was going to buy in 07 the day before, for roughly the same money.
  • rossprossp Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote from a dealer in NY (Pepe Infiniti) - for the following:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Tech Package
    Touring Package
    Hands Free
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Protector
    Price including 760 destination charge was $42,323 - which he tells me is 300 below invoice. The invoice prices I found suggest that invoice is actually $42,283 so could be a price error on my part.

This seems a reasonable deal - but sounds like it could be better. Any thoughts?
    Hi,
    Infiniti is offering $1000.00 in dealer cash as an incentive. I think you should be able to get it for at least $500.00 below invoice (if not better). Mention the factory to dealer incentive to your saleman and try to drop your price a little more. Good luck.

Sal
  • soloflex91soloflex91 Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,
    I'm desperate for feedback.

I just signed for a 21 month lease on a '07 FX35.

Sports Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Touring Pkg

12K miles

$461 per month (first month)
    $835 Tax
    $78 delivery fee
    $187 proc. fee
    $595 bank fee
    $45 dealer fee
    $10 misc. fee (couldn't get them to waive it)

Total out of pocket $2,211

Does this sound competitive? or did I leave money on the table? I'm never satisfied. Thanks in advance.
    With an MSRP of $47,560, I would say that you did excellent.
    Now enjoy it!! :) Hey let me know how your mileage is. I think mine is a little thirsty. Thanks.

Sal
  • spxksspxks Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Can you please tell me where you got this deal? I think you did great....

I am down in SFL - calling around their seems to be very little 07 FX's inventory (almost nil) --- anyone having luck?

So, now they are selling/leasing the 08's at crazy money...

My choice find where 07's are available or wait...does anyone have any idea when they may be offering some deals on the 08's - would I have to wait 2-3 mths???
  • soloflex91soloflex91 Member Posts: 4
    I got my deal from Atlantic Infiniti. I wouldn't say I didn't come close to pissing EVERYONE OFF in the dealership. I played Manhattan against Atlantic. Manhattan promised to beat Atlantic's deal by $375. Atlantic went further and just did it just to get rid of me. I tried to get that extra $10 taken off but they wouldn't hear of it.

Hope this helps.
    Warren Henry- Miami
  • robbie15robbie15 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the Atlanta, GA area and am planning on buying a New 07 or 08 FX35 in the next week or so. I only care about getting the Touring Pkg. and would not mind having the Blue Tooth Pkg. I don't care about any other options and would prefer not to have them. I would like to pay $38,000 total out the door. Is this reasonable for either model? I plan on putting down approx. $10,000 to $25,000 depending on the financing options that I can get through the Infiti Dealership. Is this smart? What are the current financing options? Please help with any info. Thanks.
    Right now they are offering 0.9% APR for 36 months on 2007 FX35/45 according to infiniti.com. I guess this is a summer clearance event going on to bring in the '08 model. ;)