Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaimarshjaimarsh Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the information. I saw that they are offering cash incentives to current Infiniti owners, so its good to see that they are still willing to knock some off the price for those of us who don't qualify for that incentive.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Not bad. Good deals
  • songrysongry Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $45120

Sports package
    Hand free
    Touring
    iPod
    and some other accessories

Invoice $41206

Got an offer for $35529 (by opting for $5,000 Manufacturer to dealer marketing support)

I was trying to go for $11,000 below the MSRP. Do you guys think it's possible?

Also, is it possible to negotiate below the invoice price if I go for 0% financing? (probably not $5,000 below, but may be for $2,500??)

I'm confused. The TMV on Edmund shows around $38000. Carsdirect's target price shows $36000. Did the price from Edmund took account for $5,000 rebate?

If not, does this mean that I can go for $33,000????

Please advise me guys.
  • genejock2004genejock2004 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $2000 off MSRP for a 2009 FX35 with Premium, Navigation, and Tech package. Any feedback on the prices folks are seeing out there? It is still 2800 over invoice (incl. dealer holdbakc). I really like the 2009 FX, but I am willing to wait for a couple of months if that will get me better pricing.

Thanks
  • nsxguy96nsxguy96 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2009 FX with Premium, Touring, Nav and Tech. $3000 off MSRP. (MSRP that included mud flaps and illuminated kick plates...). Since its a new model and it had been on the lot for less than a month, I didn't I would actually get that close to invoice even though SUV's aren't selling well.
  • genejock2004genejock2004 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Can you let me know where or provide dealer info? I am in Central NJ....
    Whats the price of the new FX 35 full options?

How smooth is this car compare to the x6 or RX?

If any1 tested can you be specific what are the good and bad points?
    My first options has been to get X6.

But since dealers have really marked up the X6 Im thinking about the new FX

I would like to know how does it compare to the X6 cayenne S as well as the RX?

I've also read in a magazine that previous cayenne owners have order the new FX which makes the FX a good choice.

Plz share any experience.....
    Don't know much about the BMW or Porsche (don't like the reliability problems associated with European brands), but I test drove the FX and the RX (along with the MDX). Hands down, the FX beats them all. The only downside is slightly poor fuel economy.

Just waiting for the prices to go down a little now...
    You drove the new FX? FX35?

I was not impressed with the old FX.
    Yes, the new (2009) FX35. I never drove the previous version, but the 2009 is a fantastic ride! Highly recommend it...
  • songrysongry Member Posts: 3
    So, I purchased a 2008 FX35 (Black, Tech + Hands free + Touring + little extras) for $10,500 off the MSRP. The dealer added 3 oil changes and all season floor mats.

Two weeks later, I am seeing an advertisement from the same dealership which states $12,500 off from MSRP or 0% financing. (Boston Herb Chambers)

Although I like the car so far, I'm depressed with the offer.

Other thoughts
    MPG is not so great as expected. 15~18 miles per gallon.

iPod interface is almost (may be completely) useless, because it's just too hard to change songs. I can only see about 7 - 8 characters on the screen when I try to change music.

I really like the automatic cruise control. The car senses other car in front of you, and automatically slows down, and this feature works really well. As long as you are on a straight road, this feature will work flawlessly.
    Congrats man , I went to check out the fx the old 1 is just not my taste...

Did you look at the new 1 before purchasing this...
  • poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    Just bought an FX35 at Fields Infiniti in Glencoe, Il. (20mins north of Chicago).
    2008 FX35 AWD with the following options
    Touring Package
    Hands Free Package
    Ipod Interface
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Protector

MSRP $42,820

+ I had them include the Retractable Cargo Cover
    (Got different price quotes ranging from $300-$500 MSRP)

Final Sale Price $33,500

I went to 4 Dealers and spoke with 3 others by phone and this was the best deal.
    I called Lisle back and they couldn't beat the price they said they can do that for a Demo but a new car would be $34,280. So in all about $9,500-$9,700 off MSRP(depending on how much that cover costs). This dealer is top notch. They have a cook on staff, a movie theatre, internet cafe, kids play room and several other things. So that was a great selling point as well. I'm happy and think I got a good price. I also called Orland and they could not beat the price either.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you got a great deal. I saw a similar offer and it was for a demo.
  • beepbeep0beepbeep0 Member Posts: 1
    Songry, would it be possible for you to scan a copy of the sales ad for us? Their website's newspaper special doesn't list the deal that you mentioned. You still got a good deal... I haven't matched your deal yet with any of my internet salesman.
    Did you trade in an Infiniti or Nissan to get an extra $1000 rebate?
  • pjkadpjkad Member Posts: 21
    Have an opportunity for a lease on 09 FX35 with Prem and Nav, 39 mos, 12K mi for $629/mo (or $564/mo without nav). $3,000 cap cost reduction plus inception fees (about $2,000). Located in NJ.
    Any opinions on whether this is good to go?
  • rks3971rks3971 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2009 FX35 AWD w/ Premium, Navigation, Technology and Touring (+splash guards and cargo area protector). MSRP of $54,335, invoice of $49,556, purchase price of $49,850+TTL (cash).

$4,485 off the sticker, $300 over invoice. They didn't have any special incentives (except for current FX owners, which I am not).

Thoughts?
  • patrick_bpatrick_b Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at at the following in New England:

08 awd
    Handsfree package
    Ipod
    Splash guards
    Cargo protector
    Roof rail cross bars

The msrp is 43020. Dealer's offering me $39200 (this was the first offer, via email/phone). Instead of the $5K rebate, I'm taking advantage of the 0%. How's that sound?
  • ceroroceroro Member Posts: 2
    Car Man !

This car is Demo car so the 7000mile is on it
    I am getting following deal and need ur input pls.
    MSPR : $49000

15,000 miles annually
    39 months
    1,500 down
    600 per month

Specs:
    AWD with Touring, Tech Package and other options

FX35 AWD model 2008.

Thanks in advance!
  • duke15duke15 Member Posts: 161
    Sounds like a good deal. What area of the country did you buy it in? How do you like it now that you've had a couple of months with it.
  • qe2mqe2m Member Posts: 3
    Hello, All
    I picked up My New 2009 FX50 S from Infiniti of Massapequa ( Long Island New York ) last month. The Dealership is the Best Dealership I've ever dealt with regardless of the cost of the vehicle. All of their personnel were they helping me and my wife, in a good way!!! Never Stuffy & bumping into you. Their attention of detail is right there - at the top. Let me say this, the day I visited the dealership, I was on my way to test drive the BMW X6 by appointment only, I never made it. I just stopped by Infiniti of Massapequa for a minute, and 2 test drives later ( no appointment necessary ), I'm buying a FX50 S. I was floored the minute I sat in the vehicle from workmanship to Performance
    I was crossed between buying a New 09 Corvette and Chevy 09 Suburban LTZ, so my choices came down a new BMW X6, Mercedes Benz ML63, and Porsche Cayenne GTS, all highly over priced when compared to the FX50. The FX50S is the best vehicle I have ever owned ( PERIOD !!!!!!! ) All the Power I need, Straight line when stopping & when taking off. The ride is Prefect & all the toys in the vehicle are Where they need to be, and it's All Wheel Drive. OH, My Blackberry linking up once I get in the vehicle is great. I'm truly Pleased I stopped at Infiniti of Massapequa.
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    Hello ge2m,

You sound like a car dealer more than a consumer.

I think you should post your selling prices to your future customers so that every one can compare the differences. Your price and your after sell customer support.

Thanks
    Hello SUV 800,
    I'm Sorry I sound like a car dealer, but I'm a consumer. Prior to buying my FX50S - I bought American made Vehicles but within the last 3 years GM & Chrysler Products have fell short of their goals which was to give the American Consumer the best product possible. I will not say anything bad about the GM or Chrysler, but I will not support them any longer.They did not have my best interest in mind.The staff at Infiniti was the best I've come across, no BS and straight forward, and I'm a Hard Sell. It is what it is. For Me - My FX50S is the Best Vehicle I've owned. BUT PLEASE DON"T TAKE MY WORD. GO SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!! USE YOUR HIGHEST STANDARD - AND TEST ANY OF THEIR VEHICLES. Thanks
  • lantern2lantern2 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Steve and/or Tidester,

I am in the market for an 09FX35 AWD w/ Prem Pack and was offered a $4000 Customer loyalty rebate even though I own an Infiniti G35. They told me it ends the end of october. Do you know if it will be extended for the month of November? It was originally for September and was extended to October. I want to get a loan from outside the dealer so I would need a week or so but i don't want to lose a $4K discount.

Thanks
  • mugengsrmugengsr Member Posts: 12
    My wife has an Infiniti and I would like to get a 09 FX35 AWD. The dealers quoted me around invoice price. Anyone know if I get another 4000 off the invoice price?
  • dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    Mugengsr,

You can use the $4,000 after your final negotiated price. If they quoted you invoice, you should be able to subtract $4,000 from that, provided your wife is a co-buyer with you on the purchase. That is what was told to me by an Infiniti salesman. My wife also owns an Infiniti, and that was the only way I can get the discount.
  • jamgal305jamgal305 Member Posts: 3
    2008 FX35 RWD with the following options
    Touring Package + ...
    MSRP $42,820

So far the dealer came back with $35.6k....shoould this be more the "Through the door final cost?" Please chime in ! :blush:
  • kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    Hello,
    Would anyone know which dealers have new FX45s still in stock. Unfortunately, Infiniti website does not have dealer inventory like Nissan does.
    I live in the Atlanta area and Infiniti of Duluth has a new loaded 2008 FX 45 (except RES) for nearly $13K off sticker! Its around $42K and change.
    The caveat is it has the brick interior which I am not too fond of, and exterior is Autumn Copper!
    thx
    Kris
    Hello Kris,
    I'm sorry but I checked my dealership and they have no 2008 FX 45's Long Island New York ( Infiniti of Massapequa )
    I was on my way to test drive the BMW X6 by appointment only, I never made it. I just stopped by Infiniti of Massapequa for a minute, and 2 test drives later

I am surprised, you didn't even look at the x6 and made your decision :confuse:

I test drove the inline6 x6, haven't tested the FX,

You test drove the FX twice?

I would suggest every1 to test both cars, then make a decision that what suits you better.

You did not post what price you got for your FX50?
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    I visited a Chicago area dealer this past weekend and negotiated the following for a fully loaded 2009 FX35. (Premium, Navigation and Deluxe).

$658 per month on a 39 month lease.

Residual 54%
    APR 5.5% (Argh)
    10,000 miles per year

But - they are asking for a lot down, 3k down plus first payment.

Thoughts?
    Which dealer?
    I think that is too high. Do you know what the money factor is? I believe CarMan the moderator posted residuals and money factors in one of these posts.
    Also in Ilinois, you have to pay full sales tax which you have to add in the payments.
    Does your monthly quote include taxes also? I am sure you can get a better deal if you shop around. Dealers need to move cars.
    The dealer is Gold Coast and these numbers do include sales tax. (I live in Glencoe, IL) He did give me the money factor (.00229) but I asked him to give me the straight APR (5.5%), The residual is 54%.

When he showed me the sales tax I questoned it though. It came to about $3,200.

Still too high?
    Since you live in Glencoe, have you gone to Fields? It is still too high. Also Goldcoast Infiniti is part of Luxury Motor Cars. Are you aware of them?
    You should go to Infiniti of Lisle. I know a good salesman there.
    what price is the lease based on? I heard people are getting FX 35s for invoice. I am not aware if you can negotiate money factors or residuals but it pays to shop around.
    Try this formula: I got this info from www.leasecompare.com.

Lease Payment Calculation Formula:
    (Cap Cost – Residual Value) / Term = Depreciation
    (Cap Cost + Residual Value) X Base Rate = Interest
    Depreciation + Interest = Base Monthly Payment

Terms Used in Lease Formula:
    CAP COST = Vehicle Purchase Price (amount financed)
    RESIDUAL VALUE = MSRP (window sticker) X Residual %
    TERM = Length of Lease in Months (3 years = 36 months)
    BASE RATE = Dealer’s Buy Rate (dealer can mark this up for profit)
    I did go to Fields but the initial offer was higher for a car with less options. Based on the numbers I shared, 39 months, 51k MSRP, 2k customer loyalty (I am a current lease holder of an FX) what do you think is a reasonable monthly amount I should expect on a lease?

You can't negotiate residuals, and the money factor will change beased on model. (e.g. the EX's are being offered at 0.0 APR right now).

I would check out the Lisle dealership. But it seems to me the Gold Coast deal is high either due to the sales tax or a high APR for the lease program.

And I am not really familiar with Luxury Motors but it seems like both dealerships are shady.
    So you are basing your deal on MSRP? You should negotiate several grand off MSRP, and then use your Infiniti loyalty discount and work from there. I just noticed a few posts up that someone was able to get an FX 35 for $300 above invoice.
    I would think 5K off MSRP and another 2K off with lease loyalty and then use the formula to calculate monthly payments.
    I have not heard anything good about Fields but Luxury Motors, definitely avoid!
    You can GOOGLE them and find the results.
    I have had good experience at Lisle with regard to sales and service.
    No, I am not basing the deal on MSRP (c'mon, I'm not that much of a newbie!)

I was mentioning that MSRP is 51k for the vehicle. You believe I should be able to get close to Invoice (only $300 over) which is interesting. You feel fairly confident that 5k less MSRP is near the invoice price?

So once I get the dealer down to close to invoice, I should use the 2k loyalty program as the last bit of leverage. Am I getting the program now?

And thanks for the info about the Chicago area dealerships. They both reek of shadiness. I'll def. checkout Lisle.
    Thats exactly what you should do with regard to invoice pricing and 2K off.
    In this economy, they should gladly move these cars instead of letting them sit on the lot.
    I read an article that the FX production in Japan has slowed or shutdown due to a huge unsold inventories in the US. The dealers I go to around here (Atlanta area) have at least 20 FX 35s and 1 FX 50.
    One more note here - do you really think it is realistic for any auto dealership to negotiate down to $300-500 over invoice and then apply my 2k customer loyalty discount on top of that? Obviously we are in a tough economy, but seems like a steep discount.

????
    Well you did earn your loyaly discount being an infiniti customer. Also dealers still make money, such as 3% of the invoice price. I am sure there are hidden manufacturer to dealer incentives which we might not know of. I think its very realistic especially now since times are tough.
    I also used to work as a car salesman part time when I was in college so the sales manager told me do whatever it takes to sell a car.
    Not only do they make 3%, if u finance with them, they make money there and god forbid, you take it to Infiniti for 30K, 60K, etc service,they definitely make a killing there. I only go there for warranty work and oil changes. Otherwise I print out schedule 2 from my maintenance guide and take it to my local mechanic. I have saved hundreds of dollars in maintenance.
    Well, you are really educating me. So interesting.

To recap: If we look at the raw numbers MSRP is $51,350. You believe there is a large enough discount between MSRP and the invoice cost to equal approximately 5k. (The goal here is to get them to negotiate the price to $300-500 over invoice) Then - play my trump card aka, my 2k loyalty discount at the close.

That sound right?
  • jamgal305jamgal305 Member Posts: 3
    Not bad I think and besides its been 1 week and I love my FX !!!!!! Miami has so many sharks - I ended up in West Palm !!! :)
    You need to first look at what invoice price is. you can find that out here at Edmunds. Remember someone here posted that he/she got 300 over invoice. I believe MSRP for that person's infiniti was around $3K more than yours. That person did not have Infiniti loyalty.
    1) Negotiate your best deal which is prob $300-$400 above invoice.
    2) Take 2K off with Infiniti loyalty (not all folks are previous Infiniti owners).
    These cars are piling up on dealer lots. Remember dealers have to pay floor plan costs and interest for cars that are on their lots.
    I actually told the dealers around here is if Infiniti has a lease pull ahead program, that I would be interested in buying/leasing another one. I have 12 more months on my lease. They said they do not but if it comes up , they will let me know. Basically I wanted them to pay up all of my remaining lease payments up front.
    A local Lexus dealer had that program a year ago.
    The dealer by me has a leftover FX45 for 13K off sticker, around $42K. Unfortunately, it has a brick interior.
    Let me know how it goes. Remember if one dealer says no, just go to another.
    I am the type who will go to other states if need be.
    Just like the real estate market, its a buyers' market for cars.
    Ok, I'm going with your advice.

fyi: I did not notice the other person's post you referenced, but the MSRP I quoted was a for a fully loaded FX35 with AWD. If you build the car on infiniti.com it comes to the same price (about 51K). 3k more then mine huh? I wonder what add-ons that car had ..... ????

btw - I have payments remaining on my lease too, so I was curious if any dealerships had early release programs. At Gold Coast, I mentioned that I had lease payments remaining but it seemed to me they were using their profit margin to pay off my remaining payments.
    I believe the other post was dated August 28, 2008. Might have to go back a few pages. When I build an FX 35, it comes to $56,815. That included DVD, techology, premium, navigation, and touring package?

Base MSRP* $43,600.00
    Exterior Color
    Midnight Mocha
    Interior Color and Trim
    Java Lthr w/Maple Wood & Piano Black trim (req addtl pkgs**)
    Drivetrain
    ${title}
    Packages and Options
    Deluxe Touring Package $2,650.00
    Premium Package $2,350.00
    Navigation Package $2,850.00
    Technology Package $2,900.00
    Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System $1,600.00
    Configured MSRP* $55,950.00
    Destination and Handling $865.00
    Total MSRP* $56,815.00

According to Edmunds. invoice price for the above model is $51,820.00 So you add $300 above invoice= $52120 -$2000 if you lease= $50,120. If you buy take $4000 off (all loyalty)= $48120 which I think is a good price now.
    When dealers get more on the lot,it will be a couple of grand off invoice.
    I have noticed that Infiniti FX35 and FX45 have been going for $10K-$13K off sticker for several years when they are stuck in dealer inventories. At that price, its a fantastic deal for this type of SUV!
    Of course (hitting my forehead) - I didn't add either of these (Technology Package $2,900.00 Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System $1,600.00) so that's how I arrived at 51k.

I just ran my car specs on Edmunds and the invoice price comes up at $48,174.

So, add $300 to the invoice price then deduct my 2k loyalty discount. My base cap cost is $46,474. Sales tax (7%) plus the going APR (5.5%) and the price is still near $648 a month. I'll put $1,500 into the deal too. 43 months.

Still seems high, right? I think the 5.5 APR is crazy high for a lease but this is the economy we are in today.
    Did you use that formula to calculate your monthly payment? I just realized sometimes some of these dealers add advertising fees and processing fees. (look at the small print) I would ask the dealer to show you the invoice since many car dealers do or better yet, just print out the Edmunds. Maybe you can get it at invoice, who knows, these dealers should be happy,someone is walking through the door, maybe throw in a dinner at Mortons. LOL
    But what's your reaction to the APR at 5.5%? Don't you think that is awfully high for a lease? Typically, you see something far more competitive like 2.9% or less.

In fact, if you adjust my numbers based on an APR of 2.9%, the monthly drops significantly. (down to $563.00 w/ tax) I think this is the reason my monthly seems higher.

In your area, do you know what range of APR's Infiniti dealers are offering on lease deals? Something tells me all Infiniti dealerships have the same lease programs.

And, I have been using this lease calc to get my numbers:

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm