Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tk76tk76 Member Posts: 13
    tobe_cx7 can you please tell me the name of the salesman. Thanks..
  • tobe_cx7tobe_cx7 Member Posts: 26
    Zee @ Infiniti of Tyson Corner,VA
    Thanks tobe. Unfortunately they dont have the color I want. So what made you not buy the FX? I am torn between the FX and MDX.
    I just checked their inventory...it seems like they sold half of what they had a week ago. I suggest you should atleast get a price from them and then match it with dealer who has color you need.
    FX35 is a beautiful vehicle, I had hardtime giving up on it but given gas mileage(I drive 2k/month on avg),repair cost, extended warranty cost,brand depriciation & 4.5K reduction in my purchase price made me switch decision last min. I had nissan before (still hold one) and reliablity although good but not as good as Hondas/Toyota (here come flamers to burn me :) ), Did you drive both mdx & fx? I know their's not good deal goin on MDX rite now, & FX is aggressively priced with incentives, bottom line go with what suits you best & your needs.
    Goodluck with your search.
    Yeah they just have about 4 cars now. I did drive the MDX and liked the way it handles but my wife hated the interior. We both loved the FX(exterior and interior), the RX is just too plain and boring. I thought reliability would be good considering its an Infiniti/Nissan. Where have you heard/read about reliability issues with the FX?
    Also was the 41.5K price with or without Dest?
    No specific reliability concern...I was talking in general, There's a difference b/w Acura vs Infiniti...look @ consumer reports and etc...again I'm not bashing infi but Acura's have edge over other brand in terms of reliability...I have not seen other brand stating "no tuneup upto 100K" in their brochure (maybe some do But I dont know any).I agree with your wife..FX is beautiful and RX is vanilla. but again PPl are buying RX350 left & right because it's also very reliable car with less depriciation value. I had 3 nissans (now only 1) and 10% of my decision was based on fact that i was bored with nissan drive feel. Again, if you decide to buy FX, you wont regret it..I didnt want to buy FX in end cuz I already have One SUV so I bought a sedan *&* oh yes..41.5 DOES INCLUDE DEST.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts tobe. Enjoy your new TL.
  • bostonkybostonky Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I just signed up this deal in the Boston area for a 2010 FX35 with Navigation, Premium, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo area protector and organizer and first aid kit. Color is Midnight Mocha.

MSRP
    $50,240.00

Cap Cost.
    $43,472.46 ($42,579.46 + $298 doc fee + $595 acq. fee rolled in)

Residual
    $26,124.00 (52%)

Term
    39 months

Money Factor

As many of you know, Infiniti has an awesome program where you put down additional security deposits to pay down your money factor. Each security deposit pays down the money factor by 0.0001 and is entirely refundable at lease end assuming you don't have excess damage to the car. We opted to put down the maximum 9 additional security deposits (actually 10 total, 1 acts a as a "base") to pay down the money factor to 0.00048. Our resulting interest rate was very low at 1.152%. We also opted to put a down payment down to make our monthly payment even lower. But anyway, here is the breakdown of our payment depending upon how you structure it.

Total payment: $540.88 (pre-tax) and $574.68 (including tax).

Total payment with 9 security deposits: $508.13

Total payment with $4,766.03 down and 9 security deposits: $375.85.

Total cash to table:

$4,766.03 down payment
    $ 297.88 tax on down payment
    $4,500.00 (9) security deposits
    $ 100.00 DMV registration fee
    $ 375.86 first monthly payment
    $10,039.77

Cash to table would be $475.86 with no money down and no security deposits.

Cash to table would be $4,975.86 with no money down, but paying 9 security deposits.

Invoice on this car is $46,056 and we got it for $2,583.54 below invoice. All in all, not a bad deal, I'd say. I'm very happy with the deal and the car! :)
  • bostonkybostonky Member Posts: 3
    ^ car is AWD version.
    Just bought a 2010 FX35 AWD with premium package, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo area protector and organizer and first aid kit. Color is Black on black/Graphite. Paid 40500 OTD tax in VA(3%). Had an offer for 40k but this dealer was the closest to home and threw in 2 years of maintenance, lifetime free oil changes and some other extras. Drove the MDX,RX350,ML350,Q5 and GLK and nothing compared to the FX. I know its the most impractical(smaller cargo space) of the lot, but for me it was the sweetest ride, awesome exterior and super awesome interiors. Thanks to everyone on this post for posting their experiences especially tobe..
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Enjoy and congratulations! :)
  • junkbondjunkbond Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD SUV in NJ.
    Please tell me is this is a STEAL, DEAL, or NO DEAL:

MSRP: $49,915
    INVOICE: $45,925
    CURRENT FACTORY REBATE: $4,000
    NEGOTIATED PRICE of CAR: (after rebate and before tax, title, reg, doc fee): $41,625
    FINAL PRICE of CAR: (after 7% NJ tax, title, 4-yr reg fee, & $249 doc fee): $45,200.25

INCLUDES THESE OPTIONS:
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Cargo Area Organizer
    Splash Guards
    First Aid Kit

Did I do ok? Where could I have negotiated better? The doc fee seems to offset the $300 under invoice price I negotiated so I'm not too happy about that.
    I think its a good price. I paid 39k +tax and tags for the same car without nav. Try and negotiate a 2yr maintenance in this price.
  • harleybellaharleybella Member Posts: 2
    im looking at buying a used fx50, we are talking to a man now about a 09 (but he recieved it in june of 08) pretty much fully loaded except for all the lane change stuff, 16,000 miles. He has been trying to sell it for a while (6 months) but its been a pain trying to get ahold of him and such, i was just wondering what yall would think as a reasonable price for the car? I really hate going by KBB and such because the given economy and also not alot of people are going to purchase a $40,000+ from a private party individual.
    The MSRP on that vehicle is 59k so if you can get the 09 for 40K that would be a great price. 09 FX35s are selling for 34-38K so that makes the 40K price for a FX50 pretty good. Its a great car, I love it. The FX35 is very exclusive and hard to find, and the FX50 even more so..
  • kahlelkahlel Member Posts: 7
    Also looking to purchase a 2010 FX35 AWD with Premium Package as the only option (no Nav or anything outside of standard offerings). The quote we got is for $40,940. All research so far says this is a fairly reasonable price, but suspect I could go lower.

It is certainly on par with the $40,500 figure I have seen in this thread. Question for junkbond is: was the $39K financed through the dealer, your own sources, or cash?

Dealer is in PA, but we live in NY (not NYC).

Second question is exactly the same as the OP: is $40,940 a good price for an AWD FX35 with the premium package option?
  • ruperttenmaruperttenma Member Posts: 26
    Check the Infiniti of Tysons Corner web site. They have one for $39,351.
    If that price is OTD, then it's a good price, if not then you could go another 1k lower. I financed through the dealer and got 3.95% APR, they pricematched a similar APR that I had through my credit union.
    That price does not include Destination, doc fees and dealer installed options which will add another 1.5-2k to the price. Been there done that. :)
    kahlel, you can definitely do better. Remember, I paid $41,625 for Premium AND Navigation.

I financed at 4.5% through Bank of America (via dealer). Credit score of 812.

Make sure you ask what the fees will be BEFORE negotiating the price of the car.

BTW - best car ever! Love it!
    Thanks for the replies. I'll ask for the navigation package. Our financing is 4.24% but not through dealer. >820 credit score. I am prepared to walk. With NAV & Premium, $41,625 still looks like a nice price.

Good idea on verifying the exact fees.
  • bill118bill118 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in 2010 Fx35 and I know current factory rebate is $4000 and it will expire 3/31. But the problem is I am going to move to a new location in the coming May so that is the time I want a new vehicle. So the question is: Does this kind of rebate happen often? Will a new rebate come out after current one expire?

Thanks for all your information!
    Latest: ~$41,800 for a 2010 AWD FX35 with Premium & Navigation. Close .. oh so close. Feedback? Good price?
  • jnfedupjnfedup Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    I live in so cal and I was just quoted $40,395 + fees for the prem and nav packages. Mind you, it was a black obsidian rwd.
    The difference is $1450 for the invoice prices, so that sounds about right. We can't do RWD in these necks of the woods.

Take the price you were quoted and add the invoice: $41,548, which is where I need the price to be. I know I can do better than what I got. Tough to see the dealer walk away over $200. But we'll see next weekend.
    Yes, there is almost always either a factory to dealer incentive or a customer rebate going on but it differs each month. One month, it may be a $5000 dealer incentive or it could possibly be a $1000 customer rebate or sometimes nothing. You never know. I'd say you can't get much better than a $4000 factory to dealer incentive though. Take it while it's offered if you can. Research monthly rebates at Edmunds.com.
  • ruperttenmaruperttenma Member Posts: 26
    The 4K marketing support has been going on since at least November. I thought it was ending March 1, so if they've moved it to March 31 that's another month extension already.
  • bill118bill118 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Hopefully it will extend another 2 months or have a better offer in May.
    Another question, when will the 2011 model come out?
    It seems that Fx does not sell well compared to MDX or RX.
    The 2011 should be no real difference from the 2010 and it should come out around September. The $4k is good till 3/31 and like others mentioned the incentives usually stay the same or get better as the year moves on. :)
    edited February 2010
    How good is a $41,830 price for a 2010 AWD with Premium Navigation?
    I have negotiated a deal for a 2010 rwd with prem and kick plates for $37,800 + fees. Out the door price is $41,700. What do you guys think, deal or no deal?
    That looks like a great price.. Does it include dest and doc fees?
    Yes, all fees are already included. I tried to get a better deal at a few other dealerships, but this was the best I could do. Btw, does anyone know if that American Express gift card program is still around?
  • mbermeombermeo Member Posts: 1
    $41,250 before tax,tags & reg. for Premium/Nav/Cross Bars/Cargo kit/First Aid kit/Splash guards. Think pretty good deal and didnt really try that hard. Went to dealership in Edison NJ.
    Better deal than I got considering I paid $41,650 without cross bars. What kind of fees did they hit you up with afterwards? For example, Doc Fee?
    Infiniti announced yesterday that they are increasing the price on the 2010 FX35 and FX50. The FX35 is going up $450 and the FX50 is going up $600.

So, if you are shopping for an FX - try to find one that is currently in stock - it will be cheaper - a few weeks/months from now the inventory will be mixed and you will have to ask the salespeople to look at the vehicles that have been on the lot longer to save the money. Hope this helps. :)
    Just sounds like the 1% dealer holdback is being pulled. Those figures are roughly 1% of the respective MSRPs. Hopefully, I pick one up this Saturday. Last day of the month. Snow on the ground. We'll see ..
    edited February 2010
    Drove it home two days ago. Black obsidian rwd with prem, illuminated kick plates, and crossbars. Cost before fees: $37,850. Out the door price of $41,750. I hope that helps some of you who are still shopping around.
    edited February 2010
    Just picked up 2010 AWD, Black Obsidian, Java Interior with Premium, Navigation + Cross Bars, First Aid Kit, Mud Flaps etc etc for $41,500 before tax, tags, docs; well to be completely honest, it was $41,750, but we adjusted other figures to give us our OTD price.

Infiniti of Ardmore takes the cake of all the dealers we looked at in the Philly area. Super experience. Awesome staff. We spent more time waiting around for key chains and a hat than we did buying the car.

Look them up if you are in the market for an Infiniti.

Thanks to the posts in this forum, I feel like we got a great deal.
  • jmmsumrujmmsumru Member Posts: 5
    I know that the $4K cash back on all purchases was through the end of last month but I was curious if anyone knows if it will be extended through March? I was interested but did not move quick enough. Thanks!
    No changes for FX.

10 FX35: Special Rates OR $4000
    10 FX50: Special Rates OR $5000

$2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate for those leasing who own an Infiniti now.

Hope this helps. :)
    Thanks for the clarification, this is great news that I can still leverage the special rates or cash back!
    I'm interested in taking advantage of the $4K cash back offer on the FX35 but I have three more lease payments on a 2008 EX (~$1,500) which Infiniti is not willing to eat. Should I wait until making my last payment (which is the end of May) and hope that they are still offering $4K cash back or bite the bullet now and eat the payments myself. My dealer is willing to sell me the FX35 I want for $500 over invoice which isn't bad and the service at this dealership is really good. My EX is also way under it's mileage quota but it's also too short of a time to consider something like swaplease so I'm looking for advice. Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Have you already established your EX's trade-in value? If you are way under on the miles, maybe it is better than the residual on your contract.(??)

Otherwise, I would wait.

1. It does happen that incentives can get worse at the year progresses, but I wouldn't say it is all that common.

2. If you eat the payments now and the incentive goes UP in May, you'd really be kicking yerself.

3. The dealer may go even lower in May if the units continue to sit there.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

gbrozen - my car is actually worth about (both from kbb and edmunds trade-in values) $1,500 more than my payoff/residual. I didn't really try to use that as a bargaining point, do you think they will budge? I'm willing to wait to ensure the greatest savings. I'm not really keen on outright buying the car and then having to sell or trade it in since I will have to pay the taxes on the purchase price which almost negates the difference between the residual and trade-in value.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    KBB and edmunds are typically high, so it is tough to say if you actually have any equity. But, yes, to answer your question, even with a leased vehicle, you can trade it in rather than turn it in early. You don't need to buy it out to do so. A dealer who buys a leased vehicle from an individual has the advantage of not having to pay the taxes.

So, in short, I would ask the dealer if they are interested in doing a deal now by buying the vehicle for more than the residual, thus saving you some money on the remaining payments.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• obsidian7obsidian7 Member Posts: 2
    I'm lookin' to pick up a used '09 FX, but can only find former rental cars for sale in my price range (below $35K-I'm finding FX's with 18-23K miles at around $33-34K). I'm hesitant to go that route as the rentals can take a beating. That said, the Infiniti warranty is pretty extensive and may cover any mechanical issues due to the wear & tear. If anyone has any experience with buying former rental FX's and has some advice, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks - Obsidian7
  • benchmaster435benchmaster435 Member Posts: 6
    I too was looking for an 09 FX35 and ran into the same problems you are having. I did not feel comfortable buying a rental either. I just picked up on 08 with 7,000 miles on it on Saturday from Fields Infiniti in Chicago. I hesitated to buy an 08, but it has all the options and you can tell it was well taken care of and with 7,000 miles, I figured I could not go wrong. Picked it up for $32,325. Not sure if the lane departure and intelligent cruise are worth the extra money, but it had it, so I have it. Hope this helps.

Thanks - Graphite FX35 aka Benchmaster435
  • benchmaster435benchmaster435 Member Posts: 6
    Oh, I should also mention that the car has Navigation, AWD and the P265/50/20's option for wheels/tires. That might make more sense as far as price goes.

Graphite FX35 aka benchmaster435