Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mwitt3mwitt3 Member Posts: 15
    thanks for the info on the marketing fee. Pick mine up tomorrow can't wait. I suppose my next investment will be in a radar detector.
  • harryhharryh Member Posts: 7
    I'm on the same page. I've never felt the need for a radar/laser detector but now it's a whole different ballgame. The FX handles so well at high speeds that I don't even notice that I'm ripping along at 80 or 90 MPH. I know absolutely nothing about detectors.

That marketing fee thing really confused me. I was about to "walk" on my eventual dealer's "absolute lowest" price until I read something on one of the other FX forums about the fee being added to invoice as of April 1. All of my Edmunds research was pre-April and I was negotiating mid-April on a yet to be delivered FX. So I looked the dealer invoice up again and it was $500 higher than the invoice price I'd been using for negotiating.
  • harryhharryh Member Posts: 7
    Fleetrates.com probably hasn't updated itself on Infiniti's addition to dealer invoice(as of April 1) of the previously separate $500 marketing fee.
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Member Posts: 15
    When I was negotiating he wrote down all the figures and I saw no marketing fee and of course stayed quiet. I was very close to invoice but I did have a trade in which complicated things somewhat. My trade was a 2001 nissan xterra se 4wd with 32k miles. Looking up the trade value on edmunds I came up with $14,700 with my (subjective) assessment that it was in outstanding condition. When I asked for $15k (and invoice for the FX)it was no-can-do as 2005's will soon be out and perhaps the condition was not as outstanding as I thought We finally settled for 14 k for the trade. I still do not know to what degree they were offsetting invoice on the fx by decreasing the trade in. Such is life.
  • smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
    I may have the chance to purchase the demo FX at a local dealer. It's the only one they have that's configured the way I want it. It has about 1,000 miles on it. Any thoughts on how much of a discount I should ask for? Should I be concerned about a demo being driven hard before it's had time to break in?
  • stevied75stevied75 Member Posts: 1
    Just recently completed some shopping and found an FX 35 AWD w/ Touring for 35,700. Curious to see what others think about this deal.
  • otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    Sounds good. Includes anything else? Splash guards, etc.

How many miles?

Where is the dealer located?

Thanks!
  • ducmonducmon Member Posts: 8
    I bought a fx35 from herb chambers, touring package, splash cards and cargo protector for $34,339.
    What city? Demo miles or undriven? That is a very low price! Thanks.
    The car had 11 factory miles. Herb Chambers is located in Boston.
    I am from Ohio and couldn't find any local deales who would get close to a FX35 for $34.339 with AWD Touring. I love the car. The deal was smooth. I did most of the negotiating on the internet...Elcin did a great job for me. I took the 1.9% financing also
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    There are (at least) two Boston area dealers (Quirk and Herb Chambers) who consistently advertise FX35/Touring for ~$5000 off MSRP, putting the price right about where ducmon paid. Herb Chambers is the largest Automotive dealer group in New England, I believe.

The Sunday Boston Globe has a large Auto section and Quirk & Herb are there every week. Infiniti of Norwood was advertising up to $8k off MSRP, but that ad included '03s.

Anyone know if Infiniti is going to add any exterior colors to the '05 FX? Are they going to upgrade the interior a la the Altima & G35?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

thanks for the info!
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    ducmon,

Are you shipping the fx to ohio or flying out and driving back? Just curious, b/c I'm in Indiana and wonder what the shipping cost might be to the midwest.

Mark
  • guru78guru78 Member Posts: 3
    $42,160 out the door including virginia 3% sales tax. Thats about 300 over invoice. Not the best deal but it comes with 3 years of oil changes with free loaner car. Its silver/black leather tech/touring/splash/cargo protector. Please tell me I got a good deal!

-A
  • fzara2003fzara2003 Member Posts: 12
    Alright, i'm in a dilemma if I should buy or lease the FX35 with Tech/Touring and 1 year of free oil changes.

If I lease...
    15,000 miles, $0.15/mile
    Monthly Payment: $598.03/39 months
    Cap Cost Reduction: 1483.42
    Total Cap Cost Reduction (Reg Fees, Title, Monthly Payment, "Tax on Red", Doc Fee: 2397.96
    Money Factor: Still awaiting this number from the dealer

If I buy...
    he said he'd give it at $500 over invoice, at $40,440, which is a stellar offer.

I'm more inclined to lease it since it would be much cheaper, but I still think that at $600/month I can do much better as lease.

What do you all think, and is the lease a good deal?
  • yoshingyoshing Member Posts: 1
    was it a lease deal, b/c I contact the dealership it wasn't a purchase deal they claim it was a lease deal.
  • vhuangvhuang Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else noted that dealers are quoting you different invoice prices for the same equipped car? Does each dealer make its own deals with the manufacturer?

I am interested in buying an AWD FX35 with touring and tech package and cargo area protector. Edmunds and CarsDirect quote an invoice price of $39,987 for this car. However, Riverside Infiniti quoted me an invoice price of $39693 and offered me $500 over this invoice price, Metro Infiniti (Monrovia) quoted invoice of $39,988 and offered me $154 over invoice (threw in splash guards too), Tustin Infinite quoted invoice of $39922 for same car with tow hitch and sunroof wind deflector in addition to cargo protector and splash guard. They offered me $400 over their invoice.

I still hate this whole car buying process, though with the advent of the Internet, it has come a long way.
    I drove teh FX35 home. I happened to be in Boston for a client meeting and flew to Boston and drove home. The flight cost $165.00. You can get a really good airline price when you can schedule the return flight to provide the lowest cost fare. I did get one quote for transportation via an enclosed truck and it was about $800 to my door. I wanted to see and drive the car before purchase so I choose to drive. The trip was a blast taking the FX35 to the RI beaches and enjoying a fine automobile.

Ducmon
  • royroy Member Posts: 1
    After exhaustive negotiating, I purchased a silver FX35 RWD with Touring and Technology packages and XM radio. There were dealer installed options also: window etching, paint protector, and wheel locks. I paid $250 over invoice $39,500 plus tax, licence and document fees ($299). Did I get a good deal?
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    As you've already been told "in another place" this is due to the age of the cars. On 4/1/04 the marketing assesment was scapped by Infiniti and the invoice price of their cars was raised by 1.5 to cover this. Also, some time in May (I forget when exactly) the G35, FX35 and FX45 prices were increased. If you are looking at a pre April car, an early May car and a late May car then you will see three different prices for similarly equiped cars. You should think about going back and asking for the "out the door" price from these dealers. That is what you are goping to pay at the end of the day, not X amount over invoice.
  • vhuangvhuang Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. That is very good advice, in the end, it is the final price that matters. I should say that the lowest price was quoted to me was $39,988 not including taxes, license, doc fee, etc so I will probably go with that dealer (Metro Infinti)
    Your welcome. When you get the total price for your car make sure there are no un-needed add=ond included (security packages, window etching, etc.) The documentation fee should be $45. Good luck.
  • carluvr76carluvr76 Member Posts: 4
    I just received a quote from a dealer in Winston-Salem, NC (I'm in Southern WV, it's the closest dealer) on a loaded out FX45 (Tech/Ent/Prem packages, chrome wheels, cargo protector and XM radio in Diamond Graphite with graphite interior, crossrails and wind deflector) for $55,565. He did a search for this particular car for me and found it in GA. I don't believe the price includes the shipping fee to get it to NC. How much should I try to negotiate off of it?? Did and Edmunds check and it's saying the invoice should be about $50,191 invoice. I'm ready to do some dealin' so I can do some 'wheelin' by this weekend!
    Take off the wind deflector and the cross rails - with them, the quote was 55,955, not 55,565. Sorry!!
    Got a call this morning - he took off $800 plus threw in the all-weather mats - much needed here in WV, plus I have 3 boys. Including the transport fee to get it to NC from down south, we're down to $54,765. Remember, this thing is LOADED - incl. chrome wheels. Think I should negotiate further??
  • hogheaven14hogheaven14 Member Posts: 3
    At this time of year, the FXs are almost a year old and they should negotiate like mad. I bought an FX35 on March 31st (end of month, end of quarter and end of fiscal year for Infiniti)at invoice, which of course isn't their cost, but it had touring, sport, mud gaurds and cargo protector for $37,200. No way should you be forced to pay more than invoice, given it's about to be a year old in a bit over a month. Be paitient and find a dealer who deals. Good luck.
  • danmizdanmiz Member Posts: 11
    I'm interested in leasing an FX 35 AWD with the following specs:

- Touring Package
    - 39 month lease
    - 12,000 miles per year
    - $0 down

What do you think would be a fair monthly payment?
    Try the leasing forum on Edmunds. The host there has all the latest Infiniti lease programs to hand.
  • petewat3petewat3 Member Posts: 83
    carluvr- I have a 45 loaded as you describe (except for the chrome wheels) and the price you are quoting sounds close to MSRP to me. I would find out what your invoice price is and work from there. I would say you have some room to negotiate down.
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    Carluvr,

Just click on the new cars tab at the top of the page, then infiniti , then fx45 and you can find out what the invoice price of the fx 45 is. It seems most people can get it for $500- $1000 over invoice. It does seem that they are starting at MSRP and slowly dropping. It looked like the invoice was about $50.4k so you should be at 50.9 -51.4K at the end. I've also seen a few places with left over 03 fx45's for 10k off of msrp.

Mark
  • socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    I also bought an '04 FX35 RWD with tech and touring for about $400 under invoice the same weekend (March 28, '04). I went to the fleet department at Thousand Oaks (CA) Infiniti after doing my internet research and contacting a few dealers within 100 miles by email. They matched the lowest price I got... and Thousand Oaks was my preferred dealer anyway.

Now... about the car.... what fun! I wouldn't even think of leasing this because you'll want to drive this alot, and you'll be over your alloted mileage in a flash. That being said, mileage (premium gas, so a fill is close to $45) is not great, hovering under 17 city and about 21 highway. Fit and finish are fine, altho I had to replace a tire (ran over a shard of metal that hit the rounded part of the tire: $200) and my Navigator had to be replaced (warranty).

About tech and touring: the bird's eye navigator is so cool. The best thing, though, is not having to dig in my pocket for keys... with the Tech package, your keychain is a transmitter, and you don't need to use the key to open the door, the latch or start the car. Just keep the key fob in your pocket and the car senses you.

I will say that I have never had a car that receives so much attention from pedestrians and other motorists. People come up to ask me about the car in mall parking lots and gas stations. Pedestrians dally as they cross the street to look at the car. Go figure.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    welcome to the FX club. This car is not for the anti social.
  • bond_managerbond_manager Member Posts: 1
    FX35 w/touring, splash guard, & cargo protector and of course AWD for 35,700 from Costa Mesa Infiniti, CA. diamond graphite w/ graphite. Misc fees include doc fee of 45, smog & tire for 5+6, plus destination, tax & license. And, the 1.9% financing.

With all the info from this board, edmunds, etc., I negotiated like hell using e-mail & phone before I went to the dealer. Therefore, NO haggles at the dealer where I spent only 1.0-1.5 hour signing papers.

FX was the closest thing to my 240sx with all the required space for a family of 4.
  • socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    Good Show, bond manager. Welcome to the club. What was the invoice price/price paid?
  • GischpelGischpel Member Posts: 133
    I'd like folks thoughts on the price to pay on private party sale of a used FX35 with 11K miles and the Touring and Sport packages? My second question is will the value quoted on Edmunds drop when the 05's come out? My expectation is Yes. If that is correct, by how much would it drop?

Thanks in advance.
  • tgmorristgmorris Member Posts: 2
    Brilliant Silver / Willow. Touring & Technology packages for $400 over invoice. Also got them to throw in a cargo protector as part of the deal. The hardest part was locating the color combination in the SF Bay Area.

Now all we need to do is figure out how everything works!
  • daveydoggdaveydogg Member Posts: 1
    Paying $39,900 in PA for FX35 w/tech/touring/spash guards/cargo mat; Good price? Seems BELOW invoice!
    How do they do that - "dealer holdback??"
    Hold back on Infinitis is 1%
  • farpostfarpost Member Posts: 1
    Was vacationing in Boston last week and bought an FX 35 from Quirk Infiniti. Had touring package, sports package, chrome wheels, mud guard and cargo protector mat. Price was $37,379. (not including tax). Have to pay $425. to ship it to Ohio. They had about 75 cars on the lot. Easy to deal with.
  • tampabaytampabay Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

I Would appreciate your help.
    I have fallen in love with FX 35. I think i can get the following package for invoice +$200 which i believe is $40403.
    RWD Tech, Tour, XM Radio, Sports Pack .
    That price incl the destination charge of $590.
    Tax and title extra.
    Looks good to me but do you thikn i should stand firm at invoice. Dealership has loads of FX35 on its lot.

Also does the 345 for Xm radio cover the installation. The salesman said its all ready just needs the annual subscription.

Really appreciate your help.

thanks
    Is it really worth making a fuss over $200 on a $40000 car? We're talking about a whole 0.5%.
    If the XM radio is on the factory sticker it is already installed.
    I agree with you re the $200. I guess i was just making sure that at $200 over invoice im not overpaying by to much. In other words have people achieved substantial savings below invoice ?

As for Xm Its an add on for $345. As i undeerstand it the radio is alreay sat able but the $345 covers i guess the antenna. Is there another charge for installation as well. I saw somewhere someone had been charges $700.

thanks
    As the car comes, it is pre-wired for sat radio but does not have the tuner installed. Therefore, the dealer will have to install the tuner and antenna. Make sure that the $345 covers everything. The standard charge for the sat radio components is $400 so if the $345 does cover installtion then it's a good deal. Make sure you have it in writing because you could get stung another $350 to $400 for installtion.
    There have never been any incentives (other than low interest finance) on the FX34/45 so $200 or so over invoice is pretty good. That's not to say you might not find one for a little less but you certainly aren't going to be ripped off.
    Cheers Wibble.

will let you know how i get on.

thanks
    Good luck!
  • timtx01timtx01 Member Posts: 11
    Just thought I'd share the deal I got at CarMax a few weeks ago on my FX45. I found this after getting really lame numbers from Houston area dealerships when shopping for a new FX in the early part of the year. I finally decided the dealers weren't aggressive enough and that I'd consider a slightly used one instead.

The one I found is an '03 FX45, flawless "like-new" condition, 9700 miles at purchase, sport and premium packages, $38998 + ttl. CarMax's price *and* trade-in for my vehicle (2000 BMW 528 wagon) were simply too good to pass up.

Good luck to all you prospective buyers. And don't let the dealers push you around ;)

Tim M. - Houston, TX
  • johnsonlau703johnsonlau703 Member Posts: 12
    Hi All.
    I am looking to buy a 2004 FX45. I called a dealer and he sound as if he might be selling me a FX 45 with the following options for $48,754:
    Black with brick/black, tech, premium, cargo net, splash guards, Xirius radio and towing. I also want to ask you guys if it makes a difference when the production date of the car is. He says that the car is probably produced in March 2004. I am asking this because I am most likely going to sell the car after 3 years and I want to see if the production date affects the resale value. Secondly, I want to ask if there are any difference with the cars produced in 2004, like if there are any difference in interior/exterior for cars produce in early 2004 and late 2004. Lastly, I am actually trying to get the dealer to send me the car to Pittsburgh from New Jersey and I don't want to go to the dealer since it would be hard for me to travel. Is there anything special that I should pay attention to? Any suggestions/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • vikvik Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my FX35 (Diamond Graphite) with Tech and Primum packages for $500 under invoice. This is from Ray Catena in Edison, NJ. Car is great and the dealership will always provide a loaner, even for an oil change. Plus I get a free car wash when ever I want from Monday - Friday. Excellent experience at the dealership.
  • quattroquattro Member Posts: 110
    I'm planning to purchase a FX35 and I'm debating whether to get a 04' or a 05'. I'm not in a hurry to buy so time is on my side and there seems to be quite a few 04' FX35 available.
    I know I can get a '04 around invoice. Does anyone know if Infiniti will offer any additional incentive on top of the low apr finance rate currently offered. Will dealers be willing to go below invoice as we get closer to year end.
    Will I be able to get a 05' at around invoice when it comes out in October?
    Is there any advantage to wait till say Nov or Dec?

Thanks for your help.