Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    There are dealer incentives on 2004 FX35s that can add up to $1500.
  • socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    That is too high; I bought the two wheel drive version of this car (same packages and features)in April for $38K in Southern Cal.
  • vickvick Member Posts: 5
    Is anyone aware if Infiniti is planning on coming out with a hybrid version of the FX35? Any concerns of purchasing an Infiniti FX35 then having a severe depreciation due to inferior mileage compared to newer hybrid versions that may be introduced? Comments or insights on whether this is on the drawing board?
    No plans at the moment. Infinitis plans for their image is performance based - RWD or AWD, high power output, firm ride, etc. Hybrids really don't fit into that vision. Also, when you look at the premium that hybrids command ($4000 to $5000 in the case of the Ford Escape), that difference can buy an awful large amount of gasoline.
  • kd270kd270 Member Posts: 23
    IAM LOOKING TO GET THE FX35 WITH THE TOURING AND THE SPORTS PACKAGE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN I GET DOWN TO THE DEALERSHIP I HAVE A TRADEIN WORTH ABOUT 15000 AND I WANT TO KNO HOW TO LOOK FOR THE HIDDEN FEES ECT.. NOW IAM LOOKING TO SAVE THE MOST AND WANT TO KNOW WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO DO IT MY FREIND TOLD ME TO GO DOWN TO THE DEALERSHIP ABOUT MID DECEMBER IS HE RIGHT PLUS WHEN DO THEY USUALLY RUN THE MOST SALES,? THANKS PLEASE SOME1 TELL ME WHAT I GOTTA DO THANKS AGAIN ( BEEN SCREWED TWICE WHEN PURCHASED USED CARS )...
  • kflanarykflanary Member Posts: 15
    If you are looking for an '04, not is the time to buy! The 05's have just started arriving at dealers and they are running great sales on all the old 04's. You should be able to get at least $1000 off invoice if not more. I've gotten some quotes for 1600-1700 off invoice. There are incentives to the dealerships for up to 1500 off the 04's. So now is a great time for an '04. If you want an '05, I cannot answer. My dealer said it would be a few months before they had real good deals on them.
    The question is, do you buy now when there are still plenty of 2004 models left so you get a good price and a reasonably deal or do you wait until Jan/Feb and get an even better deal but less of a choice? If getting a rock bottom price is the most important thing to you and you are willing to take whatever is left over then wait until the new year. You might save an extra $1500 to $2000.

P.S. Please don't use CAPS. It's hard on the eye and is considered to be the equivalent of shouting.
    What kind of pricing has everyone been quoted on the 05's? I got a quote from my dealer for $1700 over invoice. I have not idea if that is good or not. I can get an '04 for $1700 under invoice. With the price increase for the '05s that's about a $4000 difference. I really like the cosmetic changes in the '05 and the difference is probabaly made up for in the 1 year of depreciation I'd take immediately for the '04. Any thoughts? Any better pricing on the '05s?
    If you can, wait a couple of months and prices will settle for the 2005 models. Last year in January, a 2004 could be had for $100 to $200 over invoice. There doesn't seem to be any reason not to expect the same this year.
  • caveatesqcaveatesq Member Posts: 6
    I've been to several dealers in the New York City metro area (and called several others). Not one is willing to sell a 2004 FX35 for less than $500 over invoice. Where and how is everyone here getting price qoutes that are well below invoice?

Thanks
    Depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Pacific North West you're lucky if you can get a 2004 for less than MSRP. In areas of California, Texas, Florida, etc. you can get an '04 FX35 for well under invoice.
    If you fell like taking a little drive, try Quirk Infiniti up near Boston (Braintree, MA actually). They have a very good reputation for low prices.
  • kris007kris007 Member Posts: 7
    I just got this quote for a used Infiniti FX 2003 with Premium/Tech/ DVD/ 20 Inch Chromes/
    25K Miles. The price is $33,500. What do you guys say? Is there any chance to negotiate? Since it has 25 K and the tires were kinda worn out, I guess they would require replacement. What would this cost me(to replace all the tires)?

I am even looking at New 2004 FX with just Touring. What should I be expecting to pay for the new 04 FX ? (In the Minneapolis area)
    Any help would be appreciated.

--Kris
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    not a bad price for an 03 I have the same car and would like to get 32 for it but mine is RWD. Try to get him down to 32 as trade in on it is about 30k right now. also tires run 800+ tax even if you stick with the goodyears. I going with toyo proxies and I am at 26k and need them bad.
  • lowmarginplzlowmarginplz Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at an offer of 47,590 in Pgh. for an 04 FX 45 with Prem and Tech pkgs. That's -$37 vs invoice. I understand the incentive to be 1500. Should check dealers in east PA or NY? Does anyone know a good one, like Willow Grove? This doesn't sound quite right need advise, like ASAP, Thanks
  • tedcruisertedcruiser Member Posts: 50
    If your looking for ASAP advice, then your at the wrong place. It's been 2 days since your post. Do a search.
  • ilufxilufx Member Posts: 13
    hello folks. i am new to this club. i followed all the discussion with great interest. i thank u all for helping me decide on fx35. i bought 2004 fx35 AWD ,black exterior/graphite interior plus tour. pkg + splash guards + cargo area protector for 1600 below the edmunds invoice. bought it from Serramonte infiniti, Colma, near San Francisco; nice people. i also traded my 93 ford Excort Wgn (130000 miles) for 500 ( i thought the car was in fair shape); So i was able to decrease the price by 500 more (overall 1650 below edmunds invoice) i hope it was overall a fair deal (well the cat is out of the bag anyway); i refused everything else they offered.

i like the 'sporty ride' experience, different than other cars; my wife although says that the ride is way too bumpy in the back seat ( i did not buy the sport pkg); well but she won't be driving it as much.

Somewhere in the discussion it was mentioned that the tires wear out quickly; is that true; also i would like to know if there are any dealership selling the extended warranty at a cheaper price.

i thank u all once again. any suggestions welcome
  • ilufxilufx Member Posts: 13
    sorry, one correction to the message # 653; i paid 2100 below invoice (including the trade-in) and not 1650 as mentioned in that message.
  • ltmarksltmarks Member Posts: 28
    normally I wouldn't post something like this, but since they were such obnoxious jerks, i consider it their own fault.

I call Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda, MD and offer $1000 under invoice on an 04 FX35. The manager immediately laughs, then starts screaming about how I offended him. he tells me how ridiculous I am for even asking.

He goes on to sas I must be desperate because I called all the way from Virginia (this proves his ignorance as Bethesda is 10 miles away from Arlington, VA)

He continues saying NO ONE in the entire coutry got that deal, and everyone on this website is a LIAR.

He told me that he already has 05s (3 of them) and the 04s will not last. (more proof of his ignorance because if the 04s were so valuable, why would Infiniti have to give him a $1500 incentive?)

This was totally unprovoked by the way. i just said "hey, don't get offended, if you have to say no- just say no" and politely hung up.

stay away.
    "I see said the blind man"

so... 10 minutes later another salesman called me, saying that he overheard the manager screaming into teh phone, and that was the assistant sales manager. he said he called the actual sales manager and guess what "just for me they will do the deal for $1000 under invoice"!!!

Talk about good cop/bad cop. So I guess now I'm supposed to feel special that I got this great deal and they came to my rescue from the mean assistant sales manager.
    I wouldn't settle for that. They have the $1500 incentive so I would not settle for anything less than 1500 under invoice on an '04. I got lots of quotes for 1700 and 1800 under invoice in VA, MD, PA, and NJ. Keep looking if he won't go 1500 under!
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    $1000 under invoice for an 04 is a rip off. I have been offered 04s for $2000 to $2300 below invoice. I even have 05 offers at invoice.
  • mtmikeymtmikey Member Posts: 9
    Anyone have any recent experience with leasing a 2004 versus a 2005? Any comments? Should I expect the same pricing on a lease for the vehicle? I am looking at a 2004 with tour, tech. (perhaps) and sport here in Atlanta. The dealer I am working with has about ten 04's left and has gotten 05's on the lot. However there is a dealership in the burbs that has about 40 04's with 05's on the lot. Maybe a better deal there? Any comments would be appreciated.
    Yes, I just leased an 04 with tech and touring. (I am the one who posted above about the terrible buying experience)

My cap cost was 39,255 ($1000 under invoice) for 42 months. Only $99 documentation fee. Bank fee was $550. Money factor was .00178 (4.2% APR not bad).

My monthly payments are $512 per month, but that is with rolling the tax into the monthly payment to lower my initial out of pocket expenses. if you pay tax up front, mothly payments should be around $480 I think.

When I left the dealer swore on the holy bible that the $1500 could not be used for the lease. Of course I don't believe them, but another dealer told me this also.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A newspaper reporter is looking for vehicle shoppers and recent buyers age 20-29 who live in either the Atlanta or Raleigh-Durham area. If you're willing to talk about your vehicle preferences and shopping experience, please send an e-mail to jfallon@edmunds.com with your age, location, and contact info by December 13, 2004. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dantedante Member Posts: 92
    Just bought the 2004 Infiniti FX 35 with Touring, Tech and Sport Package, brilliant silver with black leather. Paid exactly $1,500 under invoice. Awesome price, awesome car, awesome dealer (Fletcher Jones-Chicago). Dealt with a very nice yet professional young woman but Edmunds will not allow me to provide her name so...

Jon B.
  • punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    to my understanding , there is a 6.3 in info display monitor in the ones that dont have navigation, what is displayed in the info display monitor?

tnanx in advance
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    It has radio information (RDS info if station transmits) climate control information. trip computer information and a variety of other features it is almost exactly the same as a Nissan Murano without nav screen.
    Worked out a deal for 04'FX35 with the "Internet Mgr" with $1k adjustability for condition of my trade to be determined when I get there. Drive 4 hrs, I get some other salesperson but does have my paper work. He comes up with $7K MORE NEEDED! Brings in Sales mgr. he says OK $4K MORE! I have copies of emails and: HERE IS THE PRICE! Answer: "We don't know how he (the internet sales mgr.) got those no.s, want to buy an 05 for just a little bit more?". So much for "internet sales" that will only happen when we order direct from infinity web site and drive car off boat. So much for car salesmen; where do they get that bad reputation? So much for an agreement with a deposit made and reproducible nos on paper. Would like to complain to Infinity if I knew a good address. Also, need good dealer in PA, NJ, NY, VA area to start from scratch with. Ideas?
    May I ask where are you coming from? "lots of quotes for 1700 and 1800 under invoice in VA, MD, PA, and NJ" Looking for a good dealer now out of PA since PA dealers won't deal that well. If you have "lots" of experience how and where? Thanks
  • malikstermalikster Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Would you mind sharing what was total down payment.
  • skb123skb123 Member Posts: 13
    Jon, Congrats on your purchase of FX 35. Would mind sharing the original MSRP and the exact sale price before taxes? thanks
  • srr3306srr3306 Member Posts: 12
    I have quite a bit of experience with the dealers in the Philly area. First of all, Inf. of Ardmore and Inf. of W. Chester are really two branches of the same dealership. They share stock, ownership, etc. Oddly enough, they will occasionally 'compete' with each other in the sense that they will direct business to the branch that needs the numbers that month. Since they pretty much control the market here, they compete more on service than price. Both of them have decent sales people, but they will bargain VERY hard on price and are you must not be afraid to walk away from deals. You can get a decent deal from them, especially if it is a hi-margin vehicle or you finance through them, but be prepared to work hard. I was willing to pay a small premium for the convenience, but if you are making a trip, use the dealers in central and north Jersey. Search this board for specific names and places.
    sure,
       my down payment was about $1,300. first month payment of $512, plus the security deposit of $550, plus a $99 documatation fee.

remember, I rolled the tax into the monthly payments to lower my down payment.
    Rosenthal infiniti in Tyson's Corner, VA was very courteous and friendly. Only problem is their best offer was $500 under invoice- and that was after fairly persistant negotiation.

They did tell me that you cannot use the $1500 with a lease, but I don't really believe that.

Good luck with your search, this is a fantastic vehicle. Too bad the dealers are terrible, I wonder sometimes how they look themselves in the mirror every day.
  • bigtbigt Member Posts: 412
    41k for 05 Fx 35 w/Touring and Technology package. Black with Brick interior? This is in the Orlando Florida area. Any thoughts?
    Is tax included in that 41K price?
  • gueringuerin Member Posts: 3
    2005 FX35 with every option, except tow hitch, is gonna run me approx. $800.00 over invoice. Got them to commit. Trade in on 2004 p/t cruiser turbo was $10,000.00 Selling on my own. This is an all cash deal. Shop around. Go to infiniti.com find dealers with-in 100 miles. Do your homework. 3 weeks ago the 05' just came out. Now dealers have huge inventory. It's all supply and demand.
    The vechicle is $ 42,880 that breaks down $ 34,750 base, Tech package $ 4,200, touring $ 2,900, cargo protector $ 70, Roof Rail Crossbars (black) $ 240, and Splash Guards at $ 130.

I am thinking about using a broker service like USAA. Of course the salesman immediately said I would pay more than is 41k offer.
  • gueringuerin Member Posts: 3
    Terrible Price.........That is list Price....I am paying approx $800.00 over invoice. My deal is ALL cash. If you finance thru them they can give you a much better deal but they will raise interst rates. My price is from Atlantic Infiniti in Lynbrook N.Y. They are part of the Atlantic Millennium Auto Group which I beleive also have 2 out-lets in Fla.
    How do you get the invoice price? They have to show it to you right?
    I meant they put an offer of 41k for the vehicle. Not sure what their invoice price is on it. I guess I have to ask.
    I worked with one dealer in PA - Willow Grove. I thought they were great. When I was looking for an '04, they still had the $1500 incentive to the dealer in effect (I think it still is, but not sure). If it is then 1500 under invoice should be a no-brainer. They easily offered me that. Then I said that I was able to get $2000 off at another dealer (which was true). They said they could not go that low. Maybe 1700-1800, but not 2000. You just have to do your homework before you walk in and have some quotes from other dealers handy. Most dealers will make you pretty good offers on the phone of over the internet - you just have to work them - let them know what you are looking for. I decided to wait for an '05. Willow Grove is still in the running for me if they get in exactly what I am looking for before my local dealer does.
    Any reason not to go for the 04 FX 35 2WD over the 05 given that they have incentives out there?
    I actually like some of the changes on the 05. Plus, if you get an 04 for even $4000 less than an 05, I think you only break even. So for break even, I'd like to have the latest and greatest. If you look at 2 comparable cars with the same mileage - only difference being 1 year older, there is about $3000-$5000 difference in resale. It is usually closer to 5,000 on the upper end cars. So 4000 difference in price is breakeven to me. I also trade cars often. I think if you keep cars for a long time, you are probably better to get the older model. All the financial mags say that and that if you trade often, go for the newer model.
    Thanks for the advice. I didn't know there were significant changes in the O5. Do you think $1,500 off the MRSP is a good deal on an O5? I heard there is not a lot of discounting on the O5's.
    I just got an 05. I pad slightly under invoice. Dealers will work with you.
  • jerryjeff1jerryjeff1 Member Posts: 3
    Wondering what ya'll think 'bout my deal. I probably could have got better, but my impatience got the best of me.
    2004 fx45 bought new, diamond/graphite/premium/tech/cargo/splash
    MSRP 52265.00,
    My deal: 36 month lease, MF .00103 (2.47%), adjusted cap cost 48127.00(300over invoice) + 550=48677.00
    Monthly payment before tax 605.37
    got them to "throw-in" XM radio.

I know I have read about the "1500 under invoice" manufact to dealer discount. According to my dealer, this only applies to fx45's and only on purchase, not on leases. Supposedly, to offset that my money factor is pretty good.

I actually looked at the 2005 fx35's, but because of the big money factor difference (.00103 vs.00235) my payments were almost the same despite an almost 4000 difference in the adjusted cap. also, dealer would only go to 2000 off msrp which ws still about 1700 above invoice.

I see those of you who say you got 1500-2000 under invoice, but wondering whether these were lease and also whether the money factors were good.

appreciate any input.

thanks
  • zeliforpzeliforp Member Posts: 44
    Here is a deal I recently negotiated:

We were told that the 1500 under invoice only applied to purchase, also. But after the lease deal was worked out the final cost was ~$2000 under invoice. '04 FX45 (22 miles on the odo!), pre/tech/cargo/splash/rails, 48 months, $559 which includes tax, $1999 down which included Lojack. Haggled forever since I had the time, threatened to walk out once, and actually did walk out. :-) Dealer called back the next evening to agree to my terms.
  • jerryjeff1jerryjeff1 Member Posts: 3
    nice work. That is a great deal. mind letting me know what your money factor and initial negotiated cap cost was. I pick up mine tomorrow, but haven't signed anything yet. Could use a little more ammo. may not work, but worth a try. the way i run your numbers, I am about a 100 bucks more/month than yours. ( i do have a 36 month which accounts for some of it) But your deal is sweet! I am little bitter cuz i am upside down on my 2003 G35. RWD G35 and snow dont go well together, so am taking a hit of around 2 grand. in my calculations and in my last post a didn't include this figure.
    thanks
  • zeliforpzeliforp Member Posts: 44
    Thanks. Sure thing, let's see if I can remember all of the details w/o having to dig through paperwork:

First off, the car did not include the following:
    - No satellite
    - No chromed wheels
    - No sunroof wind deflector
    - No "Mobile Entertainment System"

MSRP/Sticker = ~$53k, Invoice = $48.3k, TMV = $49.2k. There is a $1500 below invoice incentive on all purchased 2004 FX45's through the end of November, but I had read numerous accounts on another board that dealers in "high competition areas" (such as SoCal) were discounting $2500 off invoice at the drop of a hat. This dealership was motivated to sell, I think; the lot was so jam-packed with 05's he couldn't get the FX I wanted out for a test-drive. (I had to test-drive another.) It wasn't until two hours later that they were able to get "mine" out so I could take it for a 'sanity spin' before pulling the trigger.

Cap Cost was ~$46.2k. I bargained him downward by explaining to him why nobody in their right mind would pay invoice on a car that would be 1 year old in six weeks, and promising to finance through them. Downpayment was $1999 but ~$700 of that went towards "stuff" (title, registration, California 'tire tax', etc) so only $1300 went towards the lease. Final lease price was ~$44.9k. Residual was 50% (an exact $23k). Money factor equated to 2.1%.

Ok, so here are the exact numbers from my monthly payment stub: Monthly payment on depreciation is $456.17, the monthly lease fee is $59.41, so the final monthly w/o tax is $515.18. Monthly tax/usage fee is $42.53 (Based on 8.25% tax rate). My total monthly bill is $558.11.

Hope that helps. :-) For what it's worth, this was the last 04 they had on the lot aside from the "GM Demo" that was going for $2500 under invoice ("but we might be able to work something better out", said the dealer), but it had over 4,000 miles on it. ALSO (so we can make this a nice long post) I didn't notice that our lease terms are different, so you are making up for a decent percentage of the difference there.