Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    fxtrancefxtrance Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a FX35 with Touring package in the Indy area. I hear everybody comment that they are getting FX35's for $1000 below invoice.

The deal I am currently being offered is for $38,228 for a FX35 with the touring package, sun visor air deflector and mud guard model.

Can I do better?
  • Options
    vishpoolvishpool Member Posts: 16
    anyone know how much a '04 FX45 with premium and tech, etc. is going for at this time? How much below invoice?

MSRP is $51,965 for my config.

Here is an intial offer from a deal:

"msrp is $52865.00 cap cost is $48800.00

money factor is .00101 which includes .00015 to waive security deposit. residual is 56% of msrp or $29604.40 for 15000 miles. 36 months x 15000 per year = 687.57 with 687.57 on delivery."

I can't seem to figure out how he even got to the 687 price. Too tricky for me. Help me out here, please!
  • Options
    vladc2000vladc2000 Member Posts: 38
    05 FX35 w/touring will run about $35,600 if purchased 1K under invoice. Assuming NJ 6% tax/reg fees it will run around $37,800 plus $350 for 4-year registration (WHAT A GREAT NEW LAW) and roughly $150 in doc fees (variable). If you are not in NJ, you probably do not ahve to pre-pay registration for four years so the fees should be lower... My point is that 1K under invoice does not add up to $39,050 price out the door. What was the vehicle's selling price? and what state?
  • Options
    I am not sure about Indy area, but in NJ I got $37,000 as one of the initial offers, and I know I could have come down at least to the invoice (but my wife said G35, so I did not continue). $38,200 sounds definitely high. I am not sure about a $1000 under invoice, the numbers are somewhat off in that message, but more info is needed to validate. The best result I have seen so far in this forum is a couple of hundred below invoice (sometime in November or December, I think the poster was fxguy). If you buy it out-of-state for $36,500 and ship it to Indy for $500, you are still better off than buying for 38K :)

and I think it's possible to get 36.5K
  • Options
    fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    Hi, are you talking about the '05 model?
  • Options
    fxtrancefxtrance Member Posts: 3
    Yes the following is the options:

1. touring package

2. roof rails

3. Splash guards

4. xm radio

5. dvd installed

Invoice + Dvd + dealer profit = 37K + 1300 + 1300 = 39600 total

bad deal?
  • Options
    That is a pretty good deal, I think, for a '05, right? Is this an AWD?
  • Options
    Sorry I take it back, I think that price is a little high if it is not an AWD. Check out www.kbb.com

I hope this help.
  • Options
    How much would you pay for an '04 FX45?

I know there is a $2000 dealer cash, but only applicable for a purchase; I want to lease one.

How much, below invoice, should I ask for?
  • Options
    cafxguycafxguy Member Posts: 4
    Lets see, I am located in the Bay Area, California.

It is '05 Model FX35, AWD, touring package, splash guards, cross bars, wheel locks, cargo net, trunk cover (forget exact name of piece)

So i was able to negotiate to about $35754, after taxes (8.25% CA) was $2953, and doc, lic fee another $340. So out of door was just a shade above $39000.

I think MSRP was around $40,100

So from what I am reading... I think a better deal can be optained with enough patience and persistance. Still think I could have done better...wanted $1500-2000 below invoice =)
  • Options
    How did you get to $1000 below invoice on a '05?

The best I got sofar is $500 over invoice.

I think I need some negotiating advice from you!

How should I begin? What should I say?

Help me out here, please!!
  • Options
    lv1lv1 Member Posts: 4
    i just got fx35 touring pakg.lease 42mo for $469incl.tax,$200 out of pocket.At ray catena NJ
  • Options
    36.900 at Diffeo NJ
  • Options
    jono2jono2 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to lease an fx 35(2wd with touring pkg) in los angeles, msrp is 38,460. I'm thinking a 39 month lease with no more than 2000 down, any suggestions for dealers and what kind of payment?
  • Options
    jono2jono2 Member Posts: 7
    Did you have a trade with equity or was it basically $0 down? Or was the $200 missing a zero?
  • Options
    Yes, please elaborate :))) I have not heard of 1K under invoice on 05s. How did you arrive to that price?

It isn't demo model, is it?
  • Options
    Why you care if you in LA anyway,this is happened in NJ,sorry but i am never missing anything in my life and i never give my money away to the dealer.

Like i said iam only lease cars,that means no trade involve,and yes i inceptions was $200 not $2000 and yes this is AWD not 2WD,and yes its $469 mo for 42mo incl.,tax. with touring pack g.

Sticker was 40,200.I just got it a day ago. Come to Jersey and i tell you who is the sales person was,ill be happy to help you. Dont give your money to the dealer. no down,no any money.Good luck.
  • Options
    I think alot of it depends on the sales associate. Basically, I started out on the phone, asking for quotes. And so I told him what specifics, I wanted, ie. color, awd, model, options, etc... And wanted it for $35,000 Out of Door (low ball the dealer), and worked my way up to there price. Eventually, I was asking for $38,000 out of door, before I would even come into the dealership. Many times, he (sales assoc)rejected my offer, and said there was no way any dealership was going to sell the car at that price. (Thought they were lying) So I said no, I was not going to come in to negotiate. Eventually, he caved and after many phone calls, later, he told me that the fleet manager was willing to sell for $39000 +/- out of door, IF I came in. So in I went, and even then, he backtracked... And I wasnt going to buy unless he gave me my asking price. And eventually, I got it... The sales associate told me not to tell anyone about this offer. But you know what, heck with that, if a offer is out there, we should all be cash in! So I hope this helps, good luck!
  • Options
    btw, no its not a demo =)
  • Options
    fxbuyerfxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Where in NJ? PLease provide info, I would travel up there to see the same sales person. Thank you.
  • Options
    punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    hi, i wanted to know if there were any manufacturer to dealer rebates for the 05' i wanted to get a 05' with tech, sport, and touring for 42500 out the door, is that a fair offer in phoenix, arizona? thanx
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Please visit our rebates & incentives page to see what's being offered in your area. These offers can vary from region to region. You can also visit the new cars page and build your vehicle to see what other shoppers have paid in the Phoenix area.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    julia3julia3 Member Posts: 1
    I saw this post and want to know the dealer you had in NJ. I live in PA and might travel if there's a good deal. Thinking of getting the same car w/ same options as you. Your lease price is great. BTW, how you you like the car after a month? Thks.
  • Options
    dobrydobry Member Posts: 7
    I get my Infiniti 2005 FX35 AWD New Touring Package,Sport package,splash guards,trunk at,cargo net. Black/black 38725$+Tax+fees
    How is my deal?
  • Options
    dobry,

Wow, personally, I think that is a great deal!!! Base on kbb.com, this what I use when I buy my cars, you brought only $300 over the dealer's invoice. Where did you buy it, I mean in what state? If in California, then where exactly?

I got a question for you, are your leather seats perforated or the regular smooth leather ones? Because the dealer loan me a loaner car, an 2003 FX AWD black on black with out perforated leather and from what I can tell the leather in that car appear to be a lot thicker then mine 2004 FX AWD. So I am curious to know if Infiniti has gone cheap on their leather quality from the '03 to the '04 or even to the '05. If you don't mind let me know what kind of leather seating you got on your new FX. Congratulation on your new purchase.
  • Options
    i bought it in Glenview Illinoiss dealer.This leather is perforated on center on sides is smooth.
  • Options
    drgr2005drgr2005 Member Posts: 1
    I'm located in NJ and got a quote from dealer.
    It is '05 Model FX35, AWD, touring package, tech. package, splash guards, cross bars, wheel locks, cargo net, etc.
    the price is 40,100.00
    How's the price sound? I may decide to buy it within few days.
  • Options
    How it passible if INVOICE PRICE in NJ is 40600$ something and You will get it cheaper with zip code 08822 for dealer ??
  • Options
    brando148brando148 Member Posts: 3
    Replaced my 01 Qx4 with an 05 Diamond Graphite/Black 2WD, touring, sport, cargo protector, splash guards, XM radio...$37,575 ($175 over invoice). Can't stop the grin on my face! Considered a Lexus RX330, but no was not impressed..the 05 RX330 wasn't as smooth and quiet as my previous '00 RX300, but was equally boring. The FX, however, is awesome and so fun to drive, definitely a keeper. Nothing else compares for the price!!!!
  • Options
    sum0890sum0890 Member Posts: 1
    Folks,
    I live in Dallas, TX and am trying to lease an FX35 with touring and tech package.

I wanna be at a 36 mo. lease with $400 a month including taxes and $1000 down payment.

Any Suggestions on how to approach the dealer.
  • Options
    jstagerjstager Member Posts: 14
    I am looking to lease a 2005 FX35 AWD with tech and touring packages. Still debating XM radio. This is the quote I got from one dealer:

Term: 39 months
    Miles Per Year: 15,000 miles per year
    Total Sale Price: $40,800
    $3240 due at signing

Breakdown of Acquisition Costs:
    $45 - dealer fee
    $1726 - sales tax
    $65 - transfer plates
    $515 - first payment
    $795 - bank fee

Monthly Payment: $515/month
    Interest Rate: 4.7%

This is what they have offered... Is this a good deal? Also, is it true that you can have your Infiniti serviced at Nissan dealerships? This would be a lot easier for me because the Nissan dealerships are less than 10 miles away whereas the closest Infiniti is 30 miles away and with a lease, I'd rather not waste the miles. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    cooper6cooper6 Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer on the following...

Infiniti FX 35 (touring package)
    39 months/12K
    $1500 due at signing
    $475/month

MSRP appx. 40,000

Good? Bad? More room?
  • Options
    jstagerjstager Member Posts: 14
    Your acquisition costs are lower than mine. What state are you in? Also, I wouldn't pay MSRP or anything close to $40K for that. My deal above is $40,800 for a fully loaded FX35 AWD with touring + tech and 15,000 miles per year for $515/month. For a $35/month increase, I'd rather take the FX35 AWD loaded. Just my .02 cents.
  • Options
    gilk3914gilk3914 Member Posts: 5
    Just call any internet manager at almost any LA area (Orange County) dealer and you should get an FX at $200 over invoice. I also am getting XM installed (labor + materials) for $698 (their cost).
  • Options
    kirkwood3kirkwood3 Member Posts: 1
    In need of advice: A local dealer is holding two '04 FX45s. I'd like to put no money down, but I'm willing to put up the first month's payment. With 39-48 months @ 15K miles/yr., how much will I have to pay a month?
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    I live in bay area and is looking for a FX35 AWD +touring for 37k including tax+fees..etc
    Is there a dealer near here that will be able to give me that deal and how should i negotiate with the dealers, like the steps , the things that i need to do.
    Thank you
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you're new to the negotiation process, you might want to visit our topic about Buying Tips: Negotiating advice, resources and more...

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    1dollarshort1dollarshort Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,
    Can anyone please share their paid price for a 2005 FX35 with Touring and Technology Options? I live in Washington DC Metro areas.

Alternatively, I am also looking into a 39 Months lease. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Many Thanks.
  • Options
    steven123steven123 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I am thinking about purchasing a new 03 FX35 or 04 FX45 from a dealer.
    Both of their MSRP stands in 39,900.
    What is the real price that i should be paying for these cars??
    and difference between the models, pros and cons,
    thank you for your time
    -steven
  • Options
    mick3mick3 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at an '05 FX35 with tech and touring, dealer in Pittsburgh will not budge off $43,300 (Edmunds shows MSRP $44,600, Invoice $40,576, TMV $43,143). This is the only dealer in a 100 mile radius, and they have the attitude that they don't care if they earn my business (dealer actually had the nerve to claim that TMV in this area is at MSRP). As much as I like the car, I'm ready to walk since in other areas it seems people are paying less than $1000 over invoice. Has anyone else had this type of dealer experience in this region?
  • Options
    brig70brig70 Member Posts: 1
    I just test drove the 05' FX35 in NJ. I'm interested in touring/tech/sport pkg. The salesman I was dealing with told me he was "fairly new" while we were driving. Before I left, I asked to work some numbers...

After he visited "the desk" he told me I'm looking mid 36K to low 37K for what I want. I had to ask him a few times to make sure he was right for touring/tech/sport pkg.

I'm worried that he wasn't quoting me correctly. Do these numbers sound right to anyone? I'm planning to go back on Saturday. Has anyone here dealt with NJ dealers and have positive feedback?

Thanks for the help...
  • Options
    kd270kd270 Member Posts: 23
    hello every1, NY NY NY NJ NJ NJ NJ NJ
    Iam doing some research before I make the move on the new fx35 awd and was wondering if Any1 of You guys had any suggestions on which package to get along with that I know i do not want the Tech package but Iam not sure about the Sport package which has the larger rims now I have read in a few places that with the bigger rims the ride is rougher bumpy. So Please if any1 got any suggestions I Would appreciate it. O and another thing The price Iam in Ny and I dont mind traveling to jersey to get a good deal since i know that they tend to give better deals than here in ny. If any1 knows any good reputable dealer dont hesitate to post. lastly Since Iam only looking to get a 2 year lease on that Would any1 know approximately what i would pay or what i should pay with no money down again that the fx35awd with just the touring pack if any1 got that recently please post. i wouldnt mind getting prices on 3 year lease as well although i dont think i would do a 3 year. thanks every1. :blush:
  • Options
    snobysnoby Member Posts: 7
    I don't understand a few things on this lease agreement can some one explain this to me?

* $795 bank fee- What is this? Is this some sort of lease aqusition fee?
    *$1726 sales tax - I didn't think that you paid sales tax on a lease, except the portion that you actually "lease", and this portion you pay each month with your payment. So is this $1726 a break down of how much you are going to pay over the life of the lease?
    * Oh and what is your residual value?

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    squigglylinesquigglyline Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

I am doing a fair amount of research prior to going to the dealership and could certainly use any advice any of you could offer. Here's the car -
    FX35 AWD, Chrome Wheels, Mobile Ent. System, Sports Package, Tech Package, Touring Package, Cargo Area Protector, Silver Roof Rails, Splash Guards, XM Radio.
    Base MSRP $36,250, Total Pkgs, options, etc... $13,340, Destination $590
    Total MSRP $50,180

I am preapproved for my loan and have a 99 grand cherokee I want to trade in (too busy to try and sell it outright) that should be worth $6000. What kind of deal would you think I should get on this vehicle? I want to purchase it - not lease. I will have to drive 150 miles to get it (no big deal) but really don't want to waste my time. Again, all your help is really appreciated.
  • Options
    You should research this site, and attempt to "shop" the dealerships, through the internet or with a method known as "fax blasting"
  • Options
    reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    You may want to visit our general lease discussion, where Car Man is an expert on the subject.

Lease Questions - Ask Here
  • Options
    alistairlalistairl Member Posts: 1
    We just signed the deal for an '05 FX35 AWD with Tech, Tour, cross rails, splash guards, and cargo protector for $39,999 (MSRP 44,600) with a Boston, MA area dealer. With the winter behind us, I think they are trying to get rid of inventory. We decided to do the portable XM radio since the dealer wanted $595 to put it in.
  • Options
    kd270kd270 Member Posts: 23
    Iam looking to lease the new fx35 with the tour package and was just wanting to know when is the best time to do so wait alittle longer since the summer is coming or take advantage now. also most ppl were complaining about the sport pack bec of the wheels and that its a rougher ride does anyone have any comments on that. other than that if any1 got a good deal in Brooklyn please let me kno where from. lastly I want to get a 2 year lease i noticed that theres a big price difference and was wondering why.. what should my residual value be if i go with the 2year. here is the quote i got for the 2 year $ 520 12000 miles per month including tax. Zero dwn payment and just have to pay 1st month and the bank fee. the 3year was $485. any comments? any feedback about the car or anything else please post here or email me at selldaworldhotmail.com thanks
  • Options
    I believe that they figure residual value with a 39 month lease with 59% of MSRP. So you have to finance your haggled price of the car - 59% of the MSRP for the car. I think that for a touring version $485 is pretty good with no money down.
  • Options
    mick3mick3 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at an FX 35 tech and touring. My local dealer (the only game in town) is asking $43,300 firm on an MSRP of $44,600. I received a quote from an out of town dealer, who offered a price up front of $40,800 with the same packages, also in my preferred color combination that my local dealer does not have (and says he cannot find). I checked into a a swap between dealers, but the local sales manager wouldn't go for it. I would prefer to buy locally, since they provide loaner and valet service for the life of the vehicle only if you buy from them, but a $2500 difference in price seems huge, and I could probably pay less than $2500 over the life of the vehicle for a rental car to drive while my vehicle was being serviced. I understand that there may be some competition in pricing between areas, but have other people noticed such a difference?