Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ignapignap Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys,

need some advice and help. how much should i be paying for the demo car described above..

also at this point is better to get a 2003 just below invoice or should i go for 2004

thanks !!
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I would say 2-3k in back of invoice so about 32-33k.
  • 93fsu193fsu1 Member Posts: 97
    I always avoid demo cars. They are probably driven harder than rentals and even worse than a used vehicle.

Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a new car.

Just get a great deal on a 2003 or wait for a 2004.
  • aas5aas5 Member Posts: 50
    does anyone know if there will be any new colors for FX in the new year?
    Thanks.
    No new colors in 2004
  • newtismenewtisme Member Posts: 10
    I am poised to buy a 2004 FX45 loaded with just about everything except the DVD player. Under MSRP? if so, how much over invoice? How do I determine invoice including options? Also, I'm planning on leasing - when salesperson learned that he said I shouldn't be caring about the MSRP etc.???????

Thanks for your input!

BTW. the Edmunds TMV pricing report gave a TMV = MSRP
  • chigirlintexaschigirlintexas Member Posts: 73
    I am about ready to try to make my deal on an '03 FX35 w/Tech, RWD. Would like to have satellite radio too but not necessary. Since the '04s are sitting on the local lots now (I'm in the Dallas area), do any of you folks have suggestions on what I should pay? I think depreciation should be a pretty big factor at this time of the year, with the '04s out. From what I've been hearing, the residuals on the '04s are not substantially better than those on the '03s, and I would think one could get more money off the MSRP on an '03 than an '04. Suggestions anyone?
    newtisme - I would shoot for 800-1000 over invoice should be easily doable on the '04. If you are leasing however and the improvements aren't a big deal I would get a left over '03 as the MF is really cheap and residuals are the same and you should get a better discount.

chigirl - ready to pull the trigger eh :) I would offer 1k back of invoice. Even though the tech cars have been hot sellers the 03's must go. Shoot an e-mail to the local dealers with your price and got to the first one who takes it. You can make sure they have the color combo you want by checking infiniti.com and looking at their inventory. good luck :)
  • chigirlintexaschigirlintexas Member Posts: 73
    Thanks, Chris, for the suggestion. I'm hoping to get this done in the next week or so. Can't wait!!

One other question to all of you FXers out there--what is the most popular color? I favor the black, despite the hot Dallas summers, but the notes you black, FX owners gave encouraged me to stay with it. My hubby prefers the Diamond Graphite, and my teenaged daughter likes the (?!) red. What resells the best?

Thanks to everyone on this board for info and assistance. What a great source this is!

ChiGirlInTexas
    Cubs---wait til next year (as always)
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    From the cars I've seen in our area I'd say the Diamond Graphite, Black and Silver are the most popular, and they all look nice. I have the black and naturally think that's the best one! The FX is an aggressive-looking vehicle, and I figured that I might as well go all the way! And to my eyes, black shows off its lines the best. I like red but I don't think it's a good color for the FX at all. If I were buying a G35 Coupe then it would be a different story.
  • ignapignap Member Posts: 7
    went for the new one and picked up a 2003 fx 35 below invoice. love the car.....
    and welcome to the club.
  • argylesoxargylesox Member Posts: 2
    I think diligent buyers can find good deals by doing extensive homework . . . here in AZ the dealers have many on their lots - 03's and 04's - and I'm told there is manufacturer money being thrown at the deals. As I attempt to sell / trade in my FX45 premium package (graphite/willow) with 6000 miles I'm given trade numbers as low as $29,200. I thought, and still think, that was a mistake, but they were insistent. I have had numbers more reasonably in the $36 - 38K range which still hurts but, again, I think substantiates the weakness of the market for this car. With a desire to go back to an SC430, which I gave up for this, I have been looking to get back at least a reasonable part of my investment. If the trade in / resale market is any indication of the number for which you can acquire an FX45 then I think AZ might be a market to try for good new AND resale prices - IMHO. Good luck!
  • gt8059agt8059a Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an '04 FX35 with Touring, Sport and possibly the Tech package. Anyone purchased a FX in the Atlanta area? Looking for thoughts on dealerships (service before, during and after the sale), how close they're selling to invoice, etc.

Thanks! Can't wait till they finally arrive here in ATL!
  • ujmotujmot Member Posts: 4
    all packages + dvd for 500 over invoice.
  • bzboybzboy Member Posts: 10
    Dealer in Houston offered 2003 FX35 (RWD) with premium package for $35,000. Is this a good price considering the invoice price being around $33,700? Has anyone driven a 2004 and what is the main difference between a 2004 and a 2003 FX35?
  • kfarzinkfarzin Member Posts: 2
    Ignap, where did you get your FX35 under invoice?
    Was it a Tech one or Premium? What price did you pay for it? Anyone else been able to get '03 FX35 w/ Tech under invoice?
  • jttsazjttsaz Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Az as well! R U selling yours? I went to

http://www.quirkcars.com/infiniti/ They are selling brand new 2003 FX45's for $37,170! That's 10K off...the have the premium package but will sell only the liquid copper at that price! I'm looking into that.

<<think diligent buyers can find good deals by doing extensive homework . . . here in AZ the dealers have many on their lots - 03's and 04's - and I'm told there is manufacturer money being thrown at the deals. As I attempt to sell / trade in my FX45 premium package (graphite/willow) with 6000 miles I'm given trade numbers as low as $29,200. I thought, and still think, that was a mistake, but they were insistent. I have had numbers more reasonably in the $36 - 38K range which still hurts but, again, I think substantiates the weakness of the market for this car. With a desire to go back to an SC430, which I gave up for this, I have been looking to get back at least a reasonable part of my investment. If the trade in / resale market is any indication of the number for which you can acquire an FX45 then I think AZ might be a market to try for good new AND resale prices - IMHO. Good luck! >>
  • daschtickdaschtick Member Posts: 63
    WOW! That is screming deal on the FX45! I almost didn't believe you until I followed your link. Hmmmmm.....?
  • jjwiedemjjwiedem Member Posts: 3
    Just bought the FX45 with Tech package for $3,000+ under invoice. Not sure how since the best i could get anywhere else in the area was $500 under. One reason could be that this dealer does not subscribe to Infiniti's national advertising. The car wasn't even on the lot they need to bring it in from Seatle! Kiquid Copper and the most fun I have in a car since my first RX7 in college.
  • britgeezerbritgeezer Member Posts: 95
    Getting down to the last point in buying (lease) an FX35 or 45 if the numbers are correct.

I was offered $600 per month with 15K pa and 39 months $1600 for inception and first payment.

How does that sound - I'm asking for the actual numbers later today.
  • bleetebleete Member Posts: 1
    jjwiedem--That sounds like a gret deal on the fx45--can you share the dealer name?
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    There is $3k incentive money on the 2003 FX45 now. Also, 1.9% on the 45 premium.Our local dealer only has one 45 left, but gave me a computer list of about 10 tech's within 200 miles that could be bought for $7.5k off any color.
  • jjwiedemjjwiedem Member Posts: 3
    bleete--Motorwerks Barrington, IL
  • jttsazjttsaz Member Posts: 2
    Got a Silver/Black 2003 FX 45 18 miles(brand spank'n) on it with Premium pack plus roof crossbars and cargo protector for 41K MSRP was 47847.Plus 1.9%! Beautiful car! I just LOVE IT! I got it at Scottsdale Infiniti! They have more...
  • naperstevenapersteve Member Posts: 1
    Just got off the phone with Motorwerks of Barrington, and the most they were willing to do was $4,000 off a tech package. They have one left and acted like they were doing me a special favor. They claim they can only discount a premium package to the levels you suggested. Any thoughts on how I could proceed?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ...who was the salesman that sold you the FX45 for $3000 under? Please share.

Let's NOT! You may post the name of a dealership or company but posting contact information, such as names of salespeople, is regarded as solicitation and not permitted on the Town Hall boards. See the header at the top of this page.

Thanks for understanding.

tidester, host
  • kukanzakukanza Member Posts: 2
    I am beginning to thinkkk a salesman at Motorwerks made the posting in an effort to develop business. Both Inifiniti od Lisle and Motrowerks will offer only $4,000 off a 03 FX 45 with Tech package. I would really like to know what others are paying this discussion board has not been any help, it has only created confusion!
    I would not pay that for an 03. I got my 03 back in april at ~3700 off msrp (FX35 RWD TECH MSRP 44345 my cost 40638). I would buy an 04 for 500-1000 over and not look back. If you don't mind your car being shipped talk to Grubbs Infiniti in Dallas.
  • kukanzakukanza Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the advice. I will call them tomorow and see about the shipping. I have been pretty turned off by the entire epxerience and am now rethinking and may look at the VW and Porsche.
  • lw3517lw3517 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had a recent purchasing experience in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, area? I've talked to all three Infiniti dealers, and am wondering who will give the best deal and service. The most convenient to my home is Crest in Plano. I'm also wondering what people are paying since for 2003s since the 2004s are out. I'm looking for a RWD FX35, premium package. Best color Diamond Graphite/Black or Silver/Black.
  • lw3517lw3517 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had a recent purchasing experience in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, area? I've talked to all three Infiniti dealers, and am wondering who will give the best deal and service. The most convenient to my home is Crest in Plano. I'm also wondering what people are paying since for 2003s since the 2004s are out. I'm looking for a RWD FX35, premium package. Best color Diamond Graphite/Black or Silver/Black.
  • vthieuvthieu Member Posts: 1
    Infiniti of Scottsdale does have good prices but dealing with them and trying to get any follow through is like dealing with a buy here pay here lot on Van Buren. Definitely not the sales experience I expected at a luxury dealership. I would have paid more not to feel like I needed a bath when I left and to know my phone calls would be returned.
  • motortrendtdmotortrendtd Member Posts: 1
    Hey lw3517,

Do NOT buy from Crest. My experience there has been nothing short of terrible (and I too live close to them). As for a recommendation then between Grubbs and Sewell, I am far more satisfied with my experiences at Sewell, both with Infiniti and Lexus (between the two I have purchased 8 cars over the last 10 years), and I highly recommend them.
  • acont99acont99 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have experience with the Hawaii Infiniti dealer? We only have one single dealership here on the island of Oahu. As you can imagine they are not really cooperative. All they offer is MSRP. They claim not to receive any incentive like the mainland dealers and do not want to play any "games". I am thinking to buy on the mainland and ship it here. The depreciation on the FX35 seems to be rather steep after the first year. I'm not a big fan of leasing so I want to make sure I get a decent deal.
    Any comments welcome!
    Well I traveled all the way from houston and bought from grubbs. I dealt with the general manager and internet sales manager via e-mail and had a deal closed within 4 hours. Drove there and my car was prepped and ready to go. They also have one of the biggest inventories around and have people buy from them across the country.
  • fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    I know grubbs internet manager was quoting $770 over invoice on FX35 2003 with sport package, but Grubbs didn't have any premiums in black. Austin Infiniti had 3 2003 white premiums, I think all with 0 miles. Not sure what you would pay there. If you go to grubbsinfiniti.com you can see what they have available but last time I checked they didn't have any premiums in black.

I ended up testing and buying a 2003 with sport package as I liked the sport handling better in black/graphite.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Buying a car in CA and having it shipped to HI is very simple. I've done it three times myself and saved bundles. There are only two problems: you can't make a trade-in and you have to wait 3-5 weeks for the car to arrive. Other than that, it's a great way to do it.

As long as the dealer delivers the car directly to the Matson pier on dealer plates, you are not required to pay CA sales tax and they should not bill you for the HI use tax either--you pay that directly to the state after the car arrives. You also shouldn't pay any CA doc fees, tire disposal fees or any of the other fees that apply to residents.

Contact the State of Hawaii tax collector to get a "use tax" form and be sure to call Matson to pay for the shipping and get the booking number that you will give to the dealer.

IMPORTANT: THE DEALER MUST PROVIDE YOU WITH THE MSO (manufacturer's statement of origin) OR YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER THE CAR! Dealers don't normally provide this form, so you will have to ask them to send it to you as part of the deal. There's no reason they shouldn't, but you have to specifically ask for it.

If you need more details, post your questions and e-mail address here.
  • acont99acont99 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Vinnyny for your detailed instructions. I guess I will plan on a long weekend in CA. Sounds actually like fun. Can you recommend any particular dealer?
  • jacks10jacks10 Member Posts: 3
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    I would try Riverside Infiniti. They've got a very good reputation for pricing and honesty.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I've done it three times without even meeting the dealer. Test drive in HI, locate on Infiniti.com, and call the dealer. The whole deal can be done via e-mail, phone and FedEx.

BTW: the guys at Infiniti of Hawaii are a really good bunch. While they can't help too much on price, they should be good to deal with for service. (Although I wouldn't advertise the fact that you bought your car on the mainland).

Good luck!
  • thegov33thegov33 Member Posts: 5
    Just got done with 2 hour session with the sales group. Yes, group. Man, they like to work you over. Here is the deal: FX 45 '03, premium MSRP $46,940 they will part with it for $3757 below invoice or $7950 off of MSRP. Liquid Copper color.

Can I do any better?

Take it or walk?

PS I live in a one Infinity only town (Kansas City)
    I would take it the incentive is only 3k so they are going into holdback to move it.
  • capjand1capjand1 Member Posts: 18
    I read the website, and very interested in the deal.
    so does anyone have any experience with quirk infiniti!
    Thanx
    Yea, I tried it. I printed out the ad and took to local Infiniti dealer and had them call to make sure Quirk was really giving $10K off a 03 45. They are. My local dealer about fainted. The GM called a second time to make sure it wasn&#146;t a demo or some special promotion. It is a legit $10K off. No Demo.

The local guys hemmed and hawed and then called Infinitiusa directly to find out how the Quirk is doing it. I was not around for that call so I have no clue if the story I was fed was bull or not. They said that because Quirk is a new Infiniti dealer they were allowed to buy some "03 ground" cars that remained unallocated. Because of that, they got them discounted from Infiniti.

My local dealer said if I wanted the $10k off deal I would have to go to Quirk. I said OK and started to leave. They then came running after me and said they could get real close and that they wanted me to just see the numbers. They worked some numbers up that gave me 8K off sticker and about 800 more for my trade than it was worth. I took the deal since they had to go into hold back money to make it. I could of been a hard [non-permissible content removed] and walked, but I live in a one Infiniti town and I will need them for service.

Just to make myself feel better I gave a copy of the ad to another customer who looking for an FX too. I bet the Infiniti GM had a bad day. I feel for him...not.
  • capjand1capjand1 Member Posts: 18
    Thanx for the detail!
    I will ask my local dealer if they can give me a better deal.
  • ruffneck1ruffneck1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in northern NJ and I have been looking to purchase an FX 45 with the tech pkg. I have been waiting for the 04's to come out but about a month ago I figured that I if I was able to get a great deal on an 03 why not pick one of those up instead. I started contacting local dealers but none of them were willing to sell it for invoice (or less). They were willing to deal on cars with the premium pkg but I really want the navigation system so I didn't consider that option. One thing that pissed me off was that one of them claimed that they could sell it at invoice over the phone and then came up with some suspicious invoice price after I got to the dealership. I also noticed that their invoice prices (well ... what they claimed were their invoice prices) were different and they were all higher than my calculations from edmunds. Now that the 04's are in dealerships I'm wondering what experiences people are having at the dealerships, especially dealerships in my area. Has anyone picked up an 04 FX45 yet? Has anyone noticed whether dealers ready to move their inventory of 03 FX45 w/the tech pkgs below invoice?
  • baydriverbaydriver Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where I can get a fully loaded 04 FX35 at $800 over invoice?

Thx
    Jason