Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sorento Accessories

1235»

Comments

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    The recommended towing capacity for Sorento is 3,500 pounds (includes your trailer). I read somewhere it can be 5,000 pounds with aftermarket parts. You know, I called the Kia when I first picked up my Sorento and asked about the use of 4Lo. They had to look up the owner manual. I don't think they are properly trained and sitting in a huge room and waiting for your call like those telemaketers. The transfer case is factory installed on 4WD model. Why he has to installed it at the dealer? Is he mean the tow hitch?
  • ddrussddruss Member Posts: 1
  • sorento_luvrsorento_luvr Member Posts: 1
    :cry:

What in the h*ll is going on with the aftermarket parts departments? No one knows (even Kia parts dept.) when it will be available.

I have never heard of a vehicle that does not have a locking gas cap available.....even after 2 years on the market!

Does anyone know of a cap that will work on a 2004 Sorento EX?

THanks for your help!
  • nwagnernwagner Member Posts: 1
    Yes there is one available. Fram makes it and it is carried in Checker Parts and Autozone or you local eqivalent of these. Bought one for my 2003 that I just recently sold. Had no emmission/check engine light problems w/ use. Make sure it clicks 1-2 times after securing. :) Wagvfr
  • bruedingerbruedinger Member Posts: 1
    Dennis

I am a factory trained Salesperson at a Kia dealership in Wisconsin. Everything that I have ever been told is that the Kia Sorento cannot be flat-towed :cry: . Due to the fact that the 4x4 system is an electronic-control on-demand four-wheel-drive system, there is no neutral selection switch on the transfer case. The only way to flat-tow a Sorento is to disconnect the drive shaft from the transfer case :confuse: . Otherwise you will have to get a flat-bed car trailer to lug the Sorento around. The only SUV on the market that can effectively be flat towed without running up the odometer or without added stress to the transmission and transfer case is the Jeep line-up. That's hard for me to say being a Kia dealer :blush: ...but thems the facts!!

Best of luck in your searching for the perfect vehicle to tow behind your RV :shades: .
  • ray kellyray kelly Member Posts: 2
    I have the Sorento and a small motorcycle. I also have a motorcycle carrier that fits my 2" receiver. That puts about 400 lbs on the hitch behind my rear bumper. Kia offered a rear air ride option on the 05 and earlier models. Is the air ride difficult to install? will it fit on my Kia? Will it solve my overloaded rear problem?

Ray Kelly
  • beyond_helpbeyond_help Member Posts: 110
    you might find the OEM KIA kit (if available, very expensive)

so try this site.

http://www.truckspring.com/airsprings/airlift/app/kia.asp
  • kokokoko Member Posts: 4
    I am going to install a set of Lightforce lights to the front the Kia on a westin bar. I want them to come on with the High beams. Does anyone know which wire/colour of wire that I should tie into? This power source will be for the relay trigger only and I will take power directly from the battery to operate the lights. I guess I could just jump in behind the headlights with a tester and be done with it but I thought if someone knew it would save me some time. Thanks
  • 1bohica1bohica Member Posts: 1
    are these available for a Sorento?? Looking for the ones that fit in the factory mounting holes on front bumper cover. :confuse:
    Had "Dealer Issues" with use of non-OEM parts (threatened to void entire life of warranty with remote stater and alarm system). :mad:
    So I'm looking for something OEM ;)
  • phoenixriderphoenixrider Member Posts: 34
    From what I understood, the trailer hitch KIA provided was only rated to 3500 lbs. Get any aftermarket trailer hitch for the Sorento, and it's rated beyond that. The Sorento is a full framed vihicle. 5000 lbs towing is certainly within its limits
  • phoenixriderphoenixrider Member Posts: 34
    I think everytime a dealer threatens your warranty if you go with something non-OEM, they should be fined 1000 bucks! It's just plain stupid. Now, if you install something aftermarket, and it screws up the car, and it can be proven to be the aftermarket item, then of course the warranty on that item could be voided (say, frying the computer while trying to hook up the auto start)
  • wayne211wayne211 Member Posts: 1
    I have a Sorrento (05) with auto start. Can anyone tell me where the Manual for operation can be bought?
    Did your dealer give you one? Is this dealer installed or factory installed? How about the owner manual? It covers a good part of the keyless remote entry system. Not sure about the auto start part. What features that you don't understand?
  • ritzgalritzgal Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I have an 04 that I have loved. It has been having a few issues though. Sometimes, when at a stop it will just die, and we've even had it do it when idling. Also, if you touch the gas sometimes it will jump, almost like a hesitation. It's been doing this on and aff for the last year. I took it in and had the scheduled maintenance done (the expensive one for like $400) and they thought that might fix it but it dodn't. Any thoughts out there on this one? :blush:
  • jonmckjonmck Member Posts: 2
    I have a navigation system and I need to know how to easily ground the parking brake wire on my Eclipse AVN-30D (the dealer version of the avn-5435). If my passengers want to watch the DVD while I am driving...that should be fine. I will not watch. I have read on many forums that you just need to ground the parking brake wire. However, how do I get to it? The dealer installed the nav system for me. I have a 2005 Sorento EX.

Thanks!
  • bestsorento33bestsorento33 Member Posts: 2
    hey i have 03 sorento and ihad the same problems try a induction cleaning if that dont help more than like ill be your t.p.s :shades:
  • rofarrilrofarril Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for these wheels. Anyone knows who makes/sells them?

• rofarrilrofarril Member Posts: 9
    Sorry, pic link was wrong.

• hereagnhereagn Member Posts: 2
    i also looking for gas cap that locks for 2006 sorento. have gone to auto stores and nothing showing for them..will another type of kia gas cap work?? :confuse:
  • jesusvejesusve Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I try to find a Original, floor mats, fog lights and running board. Any of yours can help me to find those, in any sites in the internet?

thanks,
  • sedonasorentosedonasorento Member Posts: 29
    I'm looking to get side step bars for my 03 Sorento - has anyone had any experience with installing them themselves, rather than paying the dealer a couple hundred for installation?
  • tee335tee335 Member Posts: 3
    would like to know if the avn-30d fit perfectly or did the dealer did to do any modifications. can u tell anything
    about the avn-30d, price,dealer etc.
  • sailor97sailor97 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchaced a 2006 Kia Sorento LX and it didn't come with fog lights. the holes are there with the pop out inserts. I asked my dealer if I could purchase them I was told no! Where does a guy get factory Kia fog lights with the mounting brakets? The wires are there. :confuse:
  • tee335tee335 Member Posts: 3
    try www.customsorento.com
  • sorento2006sorento2006 Member Posts: 11
    try this website,as they carry about everything :customsorento.com
    your dealership lied.before i bought my 06 lx w/sport package,i also inquired about the lack of fog lights,and was told it would cost an additional of around $400-600.00
    i have a 2006 sorento lx w/sport package,and have been do some website research on factory alarm systems.i have looked everywhere,including,customsorento.com.i would like to find a great system,at a reasonable price,and still use my standard factory remotes.
  • dew2dew2 Member Posts: 1
    We are thinking about buying a 2006 Sorento 4x4 to tow flat behind our Motor Home, can anyone tell me if this can be done safety? :confuse: :confuse: ">
  • beyond_helpbeyond_help Member Posts: 110
    sorentos can not be towed, only carried on a flatbed truck as per my owners manual
  • hoverhover Member Posts: 10
    just bought a '06 Sorento.came with the black side steps.Took them off as soon as we got home from the dealer.Anyone need them ? I'm in California
  • senglishsenglish Member Posts: 4
    There remote start is also a very sophisticated alarm system....for only a few hundred bucks...like 385...
  • senglishsenglish Member Posts: 4
    Where do I buy a trailer hitch that looks good with the wire connector (4 pin) for 06 Sorento...it is pre-wired for trailer wiring; connector is adjacent to spare under vehicle
  • sharkman1972sharkman1972 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the Stock in-dash 6 disk cd Am/FM radio has a anolog connection on the back of the stereo? It would be a single pin plug output cable that goes from the headset connection on any MP3 player to a single pin plug input on the stereo?
    I would like to connect the plug (cable) and leave it there for my wife so she can listen to her MP3 player without having to get a new stereo or a wireless FM transmitter which probably won't work so well out here in the LA area.
    If anyone already knows the answer to this please let me know. Thanks! :D
  • sharkman1972sharkman1972 Member Posts: 3
    I know this post is old but if anyone is interested I bought my Locking Gas Cap off of ebay for like 10 bucks. I have had it now since April and it works great. Do a search for “Kia Sorento Locking Gas Caps” You might want to add the year of your vehicle too, to narrow the search and make sure you get the right model gas cap. :)
    I'm not sure what Kia is doing. The remote release fuel door is almost standard on most (maybe all) Kia vehicles except Sorento (US model). I've read that someone said that still no remote release fuel door on '07 model (US). BTW, '07 Sorento is here, at least in the port.
  • mkey58mkey58 Member Posts: 1
    Do you still have thoes black side steps? If you do how much do you want for them?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You guys want to take it to your CarSpace email accounts? Members don't much like reading through ads in the discussion. Thanks.
  • martincemartince Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a New 2006 SORENTO this week. I could'nt believe how cool they were. Check out this website...........http://www.customsorento.com/ Also see how close it relates to the LEXUS SUV :shades:
  • studeguystudeguy Member Posts: 2
    I had also bought a Sorento w/o fog lights and installed a set my self. If you go to the Dealer and purchase a set of replacement buckets for the fog light holes in the bumper you can cut out a hole in them that fits up to a 3" light quite nicely. then you can use a good Epoxy to glue them into the buckets. Then it is a matter of removing the original buckets and installing the lights. The wiring is a simple set I got at a local parts store. I used one that uses a wireless remote so as not to drill holes in my new car. I hope this helps anyone with this issue.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    03 EX AWD here..anyone found some functional ones other that the dealer ones....they seem too small to provide much protection or coverage....

also anyone experiemented with a CAI on the sorrento...either the one offered by customsorento...or several being offered on ebay?...just curious
    I have the OEM ones on my '03 EX. They provide little or no protection at all. I always those oversized ones like from the MB M-Class or Jeep.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    anyone else using anything other than the OEM mud flaps/guards on their sorento?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    At the Kia chat last night, the marketing VP guest mentioned that Kia was aiming for portable gps devices for their customers since their research showed that most people prefer to be able to take their navigation systems with them when they travel and rent cars, etc.

The transcript should be posted in a week or so. Here's the link:

Previous Chat Transcripts
  • afrayedknotafrayedknot Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Just found out about this site and read you were giving away side steps is this right? I really could use them in assisting me in and out of my Sorri. I'm disabled (bad back) and have hard time lifting my feet that high to get in or out. I would gladly play all shipping.
    Richard
  • maxveemaxvee Member Posts: 1
    Hi, do you still have details on dashboard removal and if so could you forward them to me?
    Thanks Jerry.
  • packertundrapackertundra Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find an answer to this? I have a 2007 Sorento and I can't find anything that says it fits them except OEM and Universal fit ones. The Powerflow Pro-Fit says it fits 2003-04 but i don't know if it will work for the 2007's.
  • jhowittjhowitt Member Posts: 2
    We sold our BMW when we bought the Sorento, so I bought an after market grill. It looks just like the BMW. It's great watching people just about hurt themselves trying to look at it and figure out what model it is. It was about $500 installed and painted.
    I think that the maker was sued so they are no longer available.
  • caligirl38caligirl38 Member Posts: 1
    Where can i purchase this kit? Is it after market? How much does it run?
  • greforgrefor Member Posts: 34
    Has anyone gotten ski racks for the Sorento? I was wondering if you needed the cross bars or if the roof rack is all that is needed.