Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    hey, mrrigets,

Paper today advertises all super duty F class trucks at $8,888 off MSRP at Sunnyvale Ford.

can't see why this wouldn't include diesels.

good luck
  • jbariljbaril Member Posts: 43
    I bought an '04 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab, options are 5.4L V8, AM/FM Cassette/CD, 3.73 ratio, keypad entry, electronic 4x4 switch, MSRP $32,725, Oxford White, grey cloth interior.

I paid $25,564.00 out the door, including all taxes and fees, AND including a $4720 overallowance on my trade in order to pay it off. I figure it's close to $14K under MSRP.

The catch? It was hail damaged. But what a great truck. I can spend around $3K to get it totally fixed, but I think I'll just replace the hood, which is the most visible of the problems.
  • 04f150l4x404f150l4x4 Member Posts: 33
    Bought an BLACK '04 F-150 LARIET Supercab 4X4, options 3.73 limited slip, audiophile/6disc, bright tubular running boards, power moonroof, power sliding rear window, tow package, reverse sensing system, black lthr trimmed cpt chairs, pwr driver/passender seat, heated front seats (will never use), linex sprayed bedliner, 75,000 extended warranty and low jack for 31,000K after all the rebates, tax and license.

This truck is awesome. People surround the truck in the parking lot. Never seen that.

The lift is outstanding. I can see over the EXCURSIONS and EXPEDITIONS on the highway.

I am suprised to see any Male driving the 04 NISSAN TITAN , consider it on par with Honda Element, Scion xB or any MiniVan. (Wear a large ballcap, big sunglasses and run as fast as you can so no one knows you own it). The shame..Did Kerry's wife say UnAmerican...
  • tuliroxtulirox Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2003, F-150 Supercrew, Lariat, FX-4 (offroad pkg) with the bucket seats (seat warmers!) and love it! I too pull a two horse trailer and have no problems at all! Although, we are upgrading to a 4H slant so I am going to sell it or trade it in! You shouldn't have any problems with your horse trailer. Good luck!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesdays... everyone is welcome and ALL things automotive (and some not-so-automotive topics) are fair game! Stop in tonight and get to know some of your fellow Town Hall residents better. We may even play a little automotive trivia!

Getting things started, from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, If your passion is Mazda or you just like to go ZOOM ZOOM, the place to be is the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

Imediately following from 7-8pm PT/10-11pm ET, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • emilio1emilio1 Member Posts: 3
    if this vehicle had 50.000 miles it would sell for 21500
    expect maintaince bills ie tires, brakes, muffler, oxygen sensors [4] 250.00 each at the dealer, coil on plug ignition packs total of 8 120.00 each at dealer you can buy them [motorcraft] for 32.00 each, battery, alternator, fan clutch, change all fluids and use mobil one synthetic, change tranny fluid with mobil one every six months for the first two years [ what a difference ], etc........
    buy a chiltons or hayes manuel [shop]
    is this a good deal ? you ask i think yes
  • emilio1emilio1 Member Posts: 3
    does anybody have info on this vehicle ie order form, previous experience with purchase of 02 - 04 models do they deal on this model [sticker] ?
    when will 05 be available ?
    any info out there ???????????????????
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Member Posts: 493
    Here's a link to the '05 F250 Ordering Guide from 6/1/05. There's only one small reference to special wheels available for the Harley, but nothin else.

http://www.fordaxz.com./pdf/2005.F250.OG.pdf

The '05s are starting to show up on dealer lots now. I think you'd need to talk to a dealer and find out the latest from his ordering computer about the Harley Davidsons. I doubt that they'd be willing to deal very much on them at this time. A few months from now could be a different story.
  • flowerfaerieflowerfaerie Member Posts: 1
    I went to an Orange County dealership and was pricing the F150 supercrew cabs-2004. Being that it is September they weren't outrageous. But didn't want to take the dive. The salesman showed me a truck that had 540 miles on it. The price went down over 6k because of that and was still offering all rebates and such. I couldn't believe it. I have always drived used cars and feel the same way as you. I am going to wait a couple years for the 2004 f150.
  • fbarnettfbarnett Member Posts: 1
    The Harley F250 IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER UNTILL 11/02 DUE TO A SHORTAGE ON PARTS THAT FORD DOES NOT HAVE YET. I AM WAITING TOO
    flower,
    I don't understand your post.
    You mentioned you couldn't believe the deal yet said you would wait a couple of years and buy used.

BTW; $6k off plus incentives - I'm not sure what the total discount is you're talking about, but if it exceeds $10k off MSRP, well then it's hard to top that from what I've heard.
  • phkckphkck Member Posts: 185
    What can I expect on a loaded 4X4 Lariat Crew cab F-150. Dealer the other day said invoice - rebates. I already have financing set up so I would miss out on the $1500.
    Figure there is $2500 rebate.
    If I could get the additional $1500 rebate I would be right where I need to be.
    I know edmunds says there is ~$500 marketing support for power package (adjustable pedals etc).
    Any idea if they will further discount from there?
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Member Posts: 493
    Is there an early payment penalty on Ford Financing? If not, use it, get the $1500 rebate, and then pay it off with the other loan.
    I got $1,000 in credit from Ford Credit and paid it off the first month with no penalty - the process was painless. It was uncertain what the minimum finance amount was - the guy told me $7,000 - kinda felt he pulled that number out his asteroid.

You could even pay it off with another car loan if you want to.

I even used one of those 6 month no interest checks that my credit card offers to pay off the loan.
  • t mact mac Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping around. I already know that I want a 2005 SuperDuty King Ranch. I'm reviewing a lot of the web sites RE: car buying. Better to FAX-attack all of the dealers or go into 1 or 2 really well informed (i.e. knowing what I want & what I'm willing to spend)? If I go into the dealer, showroom or fleet manager? What shopping direct from the factory? Any $ saved by that route?
    there's no such thing as shopping direct from the factory - you'd have to go through a dealer, and if you were to order something that was not on someone's lot, you'll pay a premium for it.

My question to you is why a 2005 and not a 2004?
    I doubt there will be any changes short of paint opions and any dealer will be more willing to bargain deeper on an '04 than an '05.

With that said, as one post recently mentioned, using the 10% off MSRP, PLUS all rebates, factory and dealer incentives is a good approach. But as far as I know, you won't get many factory incentives on an '05 until the '04's are near gone.
    On a loaded Lariat 4x4 Crew cab, 10% off is about $1000 more than invoice. So, I would say Invoice - rebates - and then some. Here in KCK there are still plenty of trucks on the lots.
    My biggest fear is that FORD will drop another $1000 - $2000 in rebates on the F-150 the day after I purchase one.
    another easy method is just to back into $8,500 - $9,000 off MSRP. That's about the best I've seen advertised - not "one at this price" , but for all trucks in stock.

Some sales people will act dumb on all the incentives to pad the deal - so sticking to the number and having them do the math can help.
  • simpkinssimpkins Member Posts: 1
    Also just got ford A Plan discount.

Here is my deal:

2004 XLT 4X4 Syleside 6.5 bed
    Supercab
    5.4 V8
    3.73 limited slip
    spray-in bed
    6 disk in dash
    Electric shift on fly
    Upgraded mirror and tow package

MSRP: $33750
    Rebate: $5500
    A Plan incentive: 1021 (for towing package)

Truck sale price: $22000

I was hesitant to get that because of gas mileage, but with this deal I couldn't resist. THere are great deals out there now. At least in MO. Do you think this is a good deal?
  • mdb2002mdb2002 Member Posts: 3
    It is better deal than mine but I got only $4500 rebate in Twin Cities, MN.
    MSRP : $33,370
    Total Invoice: $29,500
    Rebate: -$4500
    Tow N GO: -$1021
    Dealer Hold Back: -$978
    Student Discount: -$400
    I paid $22,600 with slightly less option than yours just few days ago. The ad sale price is $23,370 for that truck.
    Is there anything in the contract on how soon you can pay off a Ford loan if you use the $1500?
    That $1500 would be enough for me to get the deal done, but only if I can pay it off with my banks money (lower apr and includes GAP insurance).
    You have to stay with Ford Finance for 6 months and there is no limitation how much you can pay each month.
  • ufgatorpaufgatorpa Member Posts: 6
    Would you be willing to either discuss by phone or email a copy of the window sticker or list of options? I am in the market for a truck like yours and want to be prepared to get the best deal possible. Please Email me at ufgatorpa@yahoo.com if you can help.

Thanks,

Rob
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    It is not a good idea to post your email address on the message board. It can be picked up easily by spammers. You are better off changing your profile to public.
  • shadow28shadow28 Member Posts: 1
    check message#2582,can somebady help me
  • lenrlenr Member Posts: 13
    Call Ford Credit to get the straight answer. When pressed for the facts, my dealer said that Ford recommended not refinancing for 3 months, but that you could actually refinance at any time. I got an extra rebate to finance through Ford, and paid it off with a credit union loan after one payment. Just got the title in the mail today, cleared by Ford. Dealers also use a lot of bank financing. All bets are off on what could be in a bank contract. I and my close relatives have financed 5 vehicles through Ford credit in the last 6 years and not a single one had any early payoff restrictions.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    shadow28, your message wasn't posted in this discussion - there's no #2582 here. It sounds like you're having a problem with your truck, so you should visit our F-Series Problems discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pusterracingpusterracing Member Posts: 186
    Just picked up this deal...

03 F350 CrewCab SB SRW
    6.0L Diesel, 11031 miles
    Auto
    King Ranch
    Power Moonroof
    Heated Leather
    Flush Mount Goose Neck
    Yadda Yadda
    $34K (MSRP on a similarly equipped 04 was $47K and no dealers wanted to make really "special" deals on diesels, since they are gonna sell anyway)

Thoughts? The Black (Bank) Book Wholesale on it was ~$34,600...
    took advantage of the FMCC cash incentive and did a loan for $7k

paid it off with no problems the next month.

If anyone is saying there is a early payoff penalty then they are either mistaken or being taken on a loan with poor terms.
  • fx42005fx42005 Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinking of buying the 2005 FX4. Any thoughts ?
    Also , what are my chances of getting it , at or below invoice price ? I'm gonna trade my 1999 Infiniti G-20 , which is in excellent condition. This will be my first brand new truck ever.

Thanks
    why are you eager for the '05 over the '04 model?

I wouldn't think dealers would wheel and deal on the '05 models until the '04's are cleared out.

My advice is to buy an '04 or wait till at least the end of the year or next year perhaps.
  • big_catbig_cat Member Posts: 14
    I live in Kansas City as well.
    Did you get a new truck recently?
    If so, with which dealer?
    I would like to know what kind of deal did you get and how.
    Thank for advance.
    Still riding the fence on a new truck. I am keeping tabs on about 5 dealers inventories. Really wondering what the 1st of October will bring.
    Why ? Why not? I don't want a truck already a year old. I'm sure some of the problems I have been reading here are corrected with the 05's. Do you really think the 04 is exactly the same as the 05 ? This being my reason in itself.
    I'm also sure they will be willing to wheel and deal as they always are eager to sell , besides , how and why would they not want to talk invoice price ? Please explain , is there something I'm missing ?
  • trucker50trucker50 Member Posts: 108
    If you think waiting till Oct 1 for a better deal you'll be sadly mistaken....you can't beat the blowout pirces and finacing they are offering till September 30th. I thought the same thing last year and couldn't believe I could buy a vehicle cheaper in Sept. then Oct.(as it was previous model year and they needed to blow them out)..made no sense.
    On a related note my brother-in-law works at the Explorer plant and he's NEVER seen it this slow. Word is incentives are costing Ford to much(with marketing etc) and they are considering scaling them back after this round and start controling inventory with production cutbacks..of course what GM does will probably effect what they do
    fx,
    go ahead and prove me wrong if you think you can match the same deal on an '05 as an '04 - more power to ya. You are showing your years though thinking it's a slam dunk

some people have been getting $10,000 off MSRP on '04 models - I doubt you could come close to that on an '05.

-have you heard something about the '05s that say there's something new? The truck was completely re-modeled for '04.

My guess on the '05 for changes would be color choices, maybe a different tail light cover. As for problems with the truck - I don't believe there is anything that has become a major issue.
    Guess Ford is extending current truck incentives until Oct. 04. 72 month financing ends Sept. 30th though. I am keeping an eye on the inventories, things just do not seem to be moving.
  • jrossowjrossow Member Posts: 3
    It looks as if the $3,000 cash back incentive on 04 models has been extended through 10/4. I tried to get an XLT with the "Tow & Go" package that has $7,000 in incentives, but they're entirely gone in the midwest zone.

There are still some FX4's here in Michigan, but the deal isn't as good. My dealer says incentives will probably increase on 04 models in October to clear them out entirely and 05's will gain incentives in November.
  • steven8steven8 Member Posts: 3
    MSRP $35,765 less $10K in Houston. F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x2.

FMCC financing cash of $1,500 now bonus cash on Supercrew only per dealer and you can now finance with whomever you want. Dealer not quick to disclose this as they will hand you a open ended financing company contract and not tell you its not FMCC. They will select financing company after the fact so watch for that. You can re-finance a week later anyway so no problem if you sign their contract and find a better rate 3 days later. Just re-finance and the dealer will get a charge back.
    I was told by a sales person friend that they are having a hard time selling , Period.
    I doubt that I could do the deal on an 05 that people are getting on 04's , but I still believe they are open to dealing just to make a sale. Things are tough for sales people in the car and truck industry ....hence....time to deal :)
  • gungun Member Posts: 1
    Is $32,170 (after $3000 rebate and $1000 finance rebate) and before tax and title a good price for F150 Lariet 4x4 with MSRP of $41,880 (including $495 for spray in bed liner)a good price. Invoice according to Edmund is $36,108 (not including bed liner. Also any thoughts over black vs arizonia beige.
    I don't know what part of country you live but you can bargain more. In twin cities, the rebates are $3500 and $1000 finance. You need to press the dealer give up dealer holdback which is about 3% MSRP by telling him that he can still make money by using his employee discount and bonus for selling that truck, dealers get a huge bonus for selling year-end models. Do not fall in the trap for free bed liner, I received my free GPS and $7000 off from invoice price for my 2004 F-150 XLT, the guy I deal with is internet saleman, if you're not afraid of buying out of state, you can try some places else. You can probably buy that truck for $30,000. Good luck!
    $3500 for Supercab
    $1000 FMCC cash
    $1250 tow and go

These rebates extended til Nov. 2nd
    As I stated in a post on Sept. 27th about waiting till Octobet thinking incentives would be higher....the same truck I could have gotten then for $11,000 off sticker now I can get for just $10,000 off sticker due to Ford retracting $1000 dollars in A-plan money....go figure. Needless to say my driveway is still empty.
    If your wondering why I didn't jump last month, I was on the fence on which color to get and got hung out on my job(work out of town). :-(
  • jrossowjrossow Member Posts: 3
    There is some good news. Ford adjusted the residual value up about $500. So if you consider leasing, the truck just got cheaper.
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    Anyone price a 04 Reg Cab lately?

I've had internet prices in my area @ $7k off, e.g. MSRP $23K for $16K.

Can that be beat?
  • lionfanlionfan Member Posts: 1
    Could you please guide me where you found these rebates you refere to on 2004 F150 SC. I can only find a $3000 rebate in Wisconsin. I have gone to FMCC website and can not find any reference to $1000 FMCC cash.
  • boesman1boesman1 Member Posts: 47
    I was out and found a 04SC Lariat LOADED, with the X plan rebates, the final price comes in about 29,800 for a 40,400 MSRP.

My question is, how much would my discounts be if I custom ordered an 05 to my exact specs. Anyone have any ideas?? Getting 25% off MSRP is almost too good to pass up.

TIA
  • bongo59bongo59 Member Posts: 13
    I am dealing on the net with a dealer........i own at 1997 F 150 reg cab styleside with a new engine that has only 25K on it.......i looked at a F150 supercab 4X4 with 5,4 V8 with an MSRP of 34,604 on edmunds.......guy said his hold back was 1114 and his invoice was 33,400 on the truck........he asked me to make an fair offer ..........he knows it comes down to my trade in value.........but i think his numbers are way off on this truck..........i offered 21000 K about 11500 off the MSRP with my trade in included.......what do you think........where i live all they are offering is 3000 rebate 1000 on FMCC finanacing.........but I am sure there is more...........any ideas would be appreciated
  • bongo59bongo59 Member Posts: 13
    that price seems unreal.......way better than what i just posted about........maybe i better rethink my offer to the dealer