Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• delawarezdelawarez Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased...stickered at 26,660 bought for 23700. Guess this is just about a grand off invoice. Painless process so I'm thinking I should have fought for more.
    Oh well. Food for thought...I drove the Ranger (crap) colorado (fair) and tacoma (only real competition) the nissan wins hands down.
  • badnessbadness Member Posts: 242
    sorry pal ,you paid more/
    went on Nissan on USA and I've seen that its says 3% not with 250.00 or 1000.00 but nothing about next month,I just got a deal tonigt in DE. and I live in NJ,
    this is it
    Albs
    Rockford pkg
    leather pkg
    Air bags
    Sun roof
    2005 4*4 CC LE CR-CB Avalanche /steel leather
    price $28.750.

Thanks so much everybody for all Your input I can't wait to drive it home and I will give an update on Sunday nite Easter standard time on what MPG I get, its about a 4hr ride ,but its new and not broken in, but I figure its going to be a good test.

Thanks again
    Brad .NJ
    Go YANKEES !!!!! :)
    went on Nissan on USA and I've seen that its says 3% with 250.00 or 1000.00 but nothing about next month,I just got a deal tonigt in DE. and I live in NJ,
    this is it
    Albs
    Rockford pkg
    leather pkg
    Air bags
    Sun roof
    2005 4*4 CC LE CR-CB Avalanche /steel leather
    price $28.750.

Thanks so much everybody for all Your input I can't wait to drive it home and I will give an update on Sunday nite Easter standard time on what MPG I get, its about a 4hr ride ,but its new and not broken in, but I figure its going to be a good test.

Thanks again
    Brad .NJ
    Go YANKEES !!!!! :)
  • t94920t94920 Member Posts: 3
    I have not negotiated yet. But following is what I got in email. Btw, San Francisco bay area:

2005 Nissan Frontier XE 4X2 King Cab
    transmission: 5-speed manual
    color: super black/ graphite cloth interior

options/ accessories:
    SUPER BLACK, GRAPHITE

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $14,659 $15,500

BRC $309 $430
    BEDLINER/RAIL CAP

FLO $61 $80
    FLOOR MATS

50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge $580 $580

Total $15,609 $16,590

YOUR PRICE: $15,609
    REBATE: -$1,000 rebate or a $250 rebate + 4% financing for 60 months.
    YOUR PRICE: $14,609 + tax and license. This price also includes the destination fee. Please let me know if you have any questions as I would like to earn your business.
    I took the 250.00 and 4%
  • akdanakdan Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal I got from this weekend:

Storm Gray Frontier 4x4 LE CC w/options:
    Side Airbags, Tow Hitch, Bed Extender, ABLS, Sunroof

MSRP $29,610
    Invoice 27,183
    Paid 27,083
    -1250 rebate, - 900 trade in for 1991 GMC S15 4x4 Jimmy
    TOTAL= $24,933 with options

It took over three hours of tough negotiating, but I was able to get the vehicle I wanted, even though it was 150 miles away in OR.
  • chrisconchriscon Member Posts: 23
    In Philly western suburbs, paid 24,300 on SE CC 4wd with auto. Power Package,floor mats. MSRP 26,445 Invoice 24,679.

On top of that they gave me $9200 on my 02 Alitima that I had on a lease, that I was turning in 6 months early with 20000 miles over the limit. These guys wanted to make a sale. Came away clean on the Altima and leased an awesome truck.

Exton Nissan in Exton, PA. In and out in less than 3 hours. Don't take their 1st offer, it was a laugher. I countered with what I wanted, and they met it.
  • mtnlovermtnlover Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to the board. I'm shopping for a 2005 crew cab NISMO. Can anyone direct me to good, honest dealerships in Denver or Colorado Springs. I live about 100 miles away from both cities, and it's a hassle to try and visit all that are available. I'm also looking for a good service department. Thanks.
  • muzzymuzzy Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to know if anyone is getting some great year end deals on a 2005 4x4 se cc auto with power pack. in northern va. Ive received a few quotes from online dealers best one so far being 22317 before tax-tag. I think I should be able shave a little off of that. What do you guys and gals think?
  • fcollinsfcollins Member Posts: 2
    I found the same thing for 24,923 OTD. (after 1250 rebate) it had pwr pkg,mats,filter and actv brake. msrp=26,210. inv.=24,707. 6% tax (here in michigan) I'm not sure if i want to do it. I'd really like to get the roof rail/rack...
  • 05nismo05nismo Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted 25,600 by Tynan's and John Elway North in Denver for what you are looking at. Peak Nissan didn't want to deal at all, and St. Johns Nissan didn't reply to my emails. I finally talked a local dealer into matching that price so I didn't end up purchasing in Denver so I can't help you with anything else. Good luck.
  • 05nismo05nismo Member Posts: 2
    I should also state that quote was for an 05 CC Nismo with the Rockford Fosgate, sunroof, tow package, xm satellite, and microfilter.
  • lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    Give Sheehy in Manassas a buzz--or on line. They'll send you an e-mail quote with no hassle so its an easy situation, although I don't know what kind of luck you''ll have on inventory at this point.
  • bianchi13bianchi13 Member Posts: 1
    Sunday (10/30/05) I got an XE... Base model with 5 Speed, Air package...Air, CD Player, Tilt, Sliding Rear Window, Privacy Glass... that was $1500!! Cruise (did not want it) $250 Floor Mats $90... sticker - Base $15,600 All the other crap and destination... $18,020!

It was the 30th of the month... the best time to buy is at the end of a slow month. The truck had been on the lot since MAY!! Out the door for $16,900... 3K over what I wanted to pay... but the CAB is sweet. That is why I went Nissan over Toyota. By the way, I took the $1500 cash insentive to get to that price.
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Member Posts: 62
    I just wonder if anybody got a new Frontier recently? I am looking at 4x4 LE in Northwest, looks like close to invoice is best deal.
  • mgoosemgoose Member Posts: 11
    Try Advantage Nissan Bremerton, WA Internet sales manager. Will sell new Nissan dealer invoice minus $500.00 mgoose
  • symbologysymbology Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a 2005 Silver King Cab SE for about $500 under invoice not including the $1500 rebate.... This was at Perfomance Nissan in Duarte, CA

BTW, they had about 5 '05 models in the front next to the '06's and they were marked with an '05 sign as they were trying to get rid of them. Mine was in the back mixed in with some other '06's and was not labled.

I may have lucked out a bit in finding this exact truck.

Anyway, about 400 miles on it so far and it is great....
  • silversesilverse Member Posts: 1
    I just traded my '01 Ranger for a new '05 Frontier SE KC 2wd, so far it toasts the Ranger in every department. I paid $17,990, inc tax, tag .. Power everything, 4.0L V6 ,A/T. MSRP of $22,200, plus dealer options. It was the last 05 KingCab on the lot, they were giving Triple rebates, so that was $4500 off along with a bit of haggling. I hope to have it for quite a while.
  • elkgrove2006elkgrove2006 Member Posts: 2
    I was quote by a dealer here in Sacramento:
    2005 Frontier , LE 4x4 crew cab.
    Rockford Fosgate
    Micro filter
    Traction pkg.
    Sirius satellite
    Floor mats
    Tow pkg.
    Avalanche,with desert cloth.
    Invoice Price:$27310 less $1500 factory rebate = $25810 plus fees.

The truch has 300 miles. So what do you think of this deal.

Thanks
  • pimpaliciouspimpalicious Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market again to purchase my new Frontier, but I'm really picky as to what I want and looks like I'll have to get it special ordered.

Because I won't be buying a truck already on the dealer's lot, I feel like the ball is already in the dealerships court. With this said, what month(s) of the year would be the best time for me to buy? During that month(s), when would be the best time? Also, do dealerships charge extra for special ordering vehicles?

In case anyone is wondering, I'm looking for the following:
    NISMO KC 4x4, Storm Gray w/ Charcoal interior, NISMO/LE Audio Package and NISMO Utility Bed Pacakge.
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    I would say, from my experience that the Winter months are the best for the buyer (being that they are usually the slowest time for the dealers). Mind you, I live in the North. And the last day of any given month should be the best time to hammer out a deal - month end quotas.
    There should not be any extra fees for a special order, just additional charges for the desired options.
    Good luck on your purchase! Enjoy!
    wow,nice deal!!
  • slagmislagmi Member Posts: 1
    ABLS, Tow, Audio, factory order, 25700 out the door, gave me fair (KBB excellent) for my trade also.

I could have got same truck different color for a bit less about 80 miles down the road, too. I'm in western Ohio.

I have few regrets in life but one is getting rid of my 2000 CC 3 years ago, so I'm back!
  • stubertstubert Member Posts: 3
    I just rolled home in a new (6 miles on it, just came in the other day) Nismo. It's got cruise, mats, bed extender, single cd etc.
    Paid $22k, plus they gave me 2k for my '97 ranger, which was getting pretty long in the tooth. This truck is incredible looking (red), drives great and is just what I was looking for.
    I feel like it was a pretty fair price, invoice was 25,5k. Got 2wd because I'm in Houston and will be driving ~40 miles round trip to work each day. The wife is most pleased with the purchase, now she's not embarrased to see her man driving, and I quote, "the craptacular stu-mobile".

Got it at Tom Peacock Nissan on I-45. I'm really looking forward to getting it stuck and seeing how the locking rear differential works out ;)
  • todd59todd59 Member Posts: 9
    Test drove a Frontier LE CC. Had dealer added bed extender and bug guard. I wasn't really interested in purchasing today. After I got home, I had a call offering to sell it to me for $23,999 before TTL.
  • gpdandrewgpdandrew Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2006 Nissan Frontier SE M/T with bed extender and towing package for 19200 after* 1500 rebate from Nissan. Had the dealer pull invoice and they showed it at 2103 of course not including any rebates. Only thing I regret is not getting the power package, its really a must.

Btw, that is price before TTL.
  • gpdandrewgpdandrew Member Posts: 4
    Forgot to say its a crew cab.
  • lhansbroughlhansbrough Member Posts: 2
    After looking for weeks in the Atlanta area for the color/options I wanted, I ended up buying a '06 LE CC, 4x2,storm gray/ desert leather interior, sunroof, bed extender,ABLS,Fosgate,tow hitch & mats and ended up paying about $200 OVER invoice on the truck. I had been using a car buying service at my credit union to help locate a truck i wanted, however it was becoming obvious that I'd have to order (2-3 months) if i wanted exactly what i wanted. So far (104 miles) it's turning out to be the perfect truck.....it smells great, is brand new and the payment booklet hasn't show up yet.!
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    At this point I'm planning on buying an 07 Frontier LE King 4x4. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your truck end up costing you.

Thanks.
  • lhansbroughlhansbrough Member Posts: 2
    the purchase price on my truck ended up being 27,600 +TTL.
  • critter1critter1 Member Posts: 104
    :) Bought 4/1/06 SE KC 4X4 auto, limited slip rear, trailer package soft toneu cover floor mats. I think thats all.
    21899 + tax/tags. Best deal I could find and I fell into this one . Looked & researched for a year liked the Tacoma too but you can't deal with them,I ain't paying sticker or close to it for any truck. Dakota also was in running,But too many Quality problems with them couldn't chance a Lemon. For myself Frontier gave me best value and bang for my Buck $$$$! Others will see things different. :surprise:
  • brickslayerbrickslayer Member Posts: 1
    Tow Package, Rockford Fosgate, floor mats, Storm Gray, and all the rest of the stuff that the LE comes with. $25,195. That's invoice minust the $1500 Rebate. No Trade. Browns Nissan, Sterling Va. Would definitely buy there again. Also got The sliding bed extender and bed divider for less than $300 total.
  • critter1critter1 Member Posts: 104
    10-4 Brickslayer Nissan is dealing. Toy may feel the heat in near future and become a little more flexible.

Critter in the SURF Fish'in :blush:
  • bownheadbownhead Member Posts: 3
    I was lucky and found a granite colored LE 4X4 CC, with leather, rockford fosgate, sunroof, with 17k miles, looks brand new. I paid 23,800 for the truck, but they gave me 6K for my 1999 ford f150 with 150,000 miles on it, which is the only reason i took the deal. Thats 2K more than carmax offered. Less than 20K OTD with my old trade. Man this thing is nice.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I've seen numerous ads on motor alley.com advertising se king and club cab frontier for 5000-5500 off MSRP (500 of this may be college grad rebate) (about 1500 -2000 under invoice.) Any one get anything like this on their purchase?

Any significant mileage difference between club 2wd and 4wd models?

Did anyone order the soft tonneau cover from nissan with their crew? It seem to have some neat quick access zippers in both the drivers front and passenger rear of the bed that seem to be unique. None of the dealers here have any trucks with it.

I've also seen trucks with a 2 piece hinged- in- the- middle vinyl hard tonneau cover for short bed trucks that has locks on both ends (flips up on cab end and tailgate end) and seems a lot lighter than the stock nissan one. Easily removable too but I haven't been able to determine the brand..

Thanx
    --jjf
  • ryker1234ryker1234 Member Posts: 4
    I Purchased a Fronty last month and love it. I tried dealing on a new Taco but found the dealer difficult Thier deals are insulting to an intellegent buyer. Arrogance. I realize they are sitting pretty with the Toy.'s reputation for reliablility but this is just bad business in my opinion. They could sell twice as many vehicles and generate twice the service business by simply coming off their smug attitudes. In stead of talking price, they simply down the other brand. I guess as long as idiots with more money than brains keep buying them this will continue. :surprise:
  • pat2470pat2470 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2006 SE Crew Cab 4wd with power and tow. Best I could come up with so far is 22275 plus taxes after rebate. It is better than Edmunds and Cars Direct.
    If that is 4600 off sticker (27000 msrp?)seems pretty good (if a manual trans so-so). If you can wait till aug 20-25 (end of month) email or fax 10+ dealers
    (managers) and see if you can get 5500 off. All machines in the 20 mpg hwy range are moving slowly so perhaps a buyers market. see my previous post on motor alley ads before yours.

--jjf

am looking at a 2006 SE Crew Cab 4wd with power and tow. Best I could come up with so far is 22275 plus taxes after rebate. It is better than Edmunds and Cars Direct.
    Wow nice Price!!
  • larry10larry10 Member Posts: 88
    I just bought a '06 Frontier 4x2 KC XE MSRP on window sticker was $21,075.00 that includes BASE PRICE $16,950.00 $1,500 for XE PREFERRED PACKAGE, $90.00 for FLOOR MATS, $430.00 for BED RAIL CAPS/REMOVABLE BEDLINER, $950.00 for POWER PACKAGE, $550.00 for SIDE & CURTAIN AIRBAG PACKAGE and ofourse $605.00 DESTINATION CHARGE.Using the TMV system it showed others in my area are paying $18,326.00(after $1500.00 rebate) I paid $18,200.00 (my counter to their $18,600.00 offer) don't feel too bad but could I have done much better? Any thoughts? Thanks
    P.S. What does KC refer to?
  • rangermangrangermang Member Posts: 27
    I'd say you got a very good deal; its an 06, practically loaded with every option, for under $20K! The sale price for my '05 CC V6 6spd 4x2 was $19995, with 9800 miles on it, and it didnt even have floormats!! So in my opinion, I don't really think you couldv'e gotten a much better price. Oh and KC refers to the fact that it is a King Cab/ extended cab...mine is a CC or crew cab/double cab.
    Your truck has the V6 and crew cab so we are comparing apples and oranges, I will hopefully get great mileage but trust me.. the truck is underpowered...my last truck was V8 282H.P.(tundra)...I hope I can get used to the 4 banger!Thanks for your' positive comments,often I only hear negative things in these forums.
    I generally don't agree with price targets but for those of you who need them start at 5900 off for the high end (27000) plus models.

Work 10-15 dealers around your locale using Nissan dealer locator last few days of the month. Be happy at 4500-5500 off. (You may need college grad rebate for 5500 but see anyway) Lower priced models may be similar.

A 27000 Frontier is a 19000 vehicle in a year so 4-5000 off is warranted this time of year considering the 0ther 15-20 mpg vehicles are similarly discounted. Ads on motoralley.com seem to back this up.

Things may get better sept oct as there will be a shooting gallery as Ford Gm etc try to unload slow moving Full size.

Invoice -rebate on these models has been common all year(about 3400 off) A local dealer had double rebates advertised for about 4900 off.

Not sure on data for 4cyl model.

Happy Hunting

--jjf

If that is 4600 off sticker (27000 msrp?)seems pretty good (if a manual trans so-so). If you can wait till aug 20-25 (end of month) email or fax 10+ dealers
    (managers) and see if you can get 5500 off. All machines in the 20 mpg hwy range are moving slowly so perhaps a buyers market. see my previous post on motor alley ads before yours.

--jjf

am looking at a 2006 SE Crew Cab 4wd with power and tow. Best I could come up with so far is 22275 plus taxes after rebate. It is better than Edmunds and Cars Direct.
    Just to let you know you get 22-25mpgs Not 22,mpgs, I have the le v6,and you better read into the 4wds more!
  • bnickbnick Member Posts: 1
    Larry, I paid $16,300 total out the door with TT&L included in the price. I only put $500 down, so in reality it was $16,800. I've got an 06' king cab, XE 4cyl auto, pwr package, with bed liner and mats. I felt I might have been able to do better, but I did visit about 3 Nissan dealers and 2 Toyota before settling on my 4 banger XE. I'm in Texas so prices might be less here,...I'm not real sure. I guess I made out pretty well. The sales guy kept telling me it was below invoice, but I never believe the dealers invoice pricing and what they tell and show customers. They will always make their buck in my opinion.
    What was the MSRP of your vehicle ? 21000?

Is the sales tax in Texas 0?

--jjf
    Gosh now I'm really depressed!
  • tigolebittiestigolebitties Member Posts: 3
    No preferred package and A/C in Texas?
  • lax5lax5 Member Posts: 29
    Plan on puchasing 2006 Frontier in Phoenix area. Wondering what people's experience has been. What percentage below window sticker price could I expect to get? I am a Canadian purchaser and wonder what additional fees I could expect to encounter.

TIA