Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• carnut21carnut21 Member Posts: 38
    If you are looking to buy straight out, do you know any Nissan employees? They get decent discounts with no haggling.

The "Friends and Family" discount basically give you the car at invoice plus any rebates.

I have an 05 CC Frontier (6 speed, power package, sunroof) and love it (paid $18,500 + ttl) in March 05 (no rebates). Get about 21-23.5 mpg (friend of mine has identical truck and he peaked at 25.5 on one trip); the power is great, smooth ride for a truck, and my kids love the room in the rear seats. have towed as much as 6200 pounds and only problem was stopping as is with any heavy load w/o trailer brakes.
  • lax5lax5 Member Posts: 29
    I have a quote from a Phoenix area dealer. The quote is for 2006 Frontier 4X4 crew cab. The Se model is $24,200 and LE model is $25,900. Wonder what people's thoughts are on these prices. They seemed a bit high, based on what I have seen on-line and in relation to MSRP for the 2007 models.
    If you go to Edmunds.com and build the truck with the same options you should be able to get the invoice price along with the applicable rebates.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Check my message #12481 in the Honda Accord prices paid discussion for useful info on how to buy a new car. Get about 10-15 bids toward the end of the month.

Motoralley.com has numerous ads from around the country for the 06 frontier cc for about $4500-5500 off msrp.

Happy Hunting

--jjf
  • igorkrigorkr Member Posts: 7
    Need help to make a decision (I am not sure if this is the right place, but this forum seems to be pretty activ). Looking to purchase a XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A). MSRP is $20,050 (with preffered and power package included as well as destination). I am elegible for some kind of VPP price of $17,248 plus 6% tax in KY ($1,034) plus $37 for registration and license plate adds up to be $18,318.41 OTD (they do not charge any fees with the VPP program). Now, they had the same vehicle advertised for $16,888 which makes me think that there is unadvertised dealer cash/hold back that they are not passing along (discounts are applied to the VPP price).

SHOULD I GO FOR $18,318.41 FOR 2006 XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A) with preffered and power package. IS THIS A GOOD PRICE AND CAN I DO BETTER (they still have quite a few 06 out there)? Note: with the VPP program, I should do better than most, but according to what I have read out there, most did better than this without VPP status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here...
    Read my message preceeding yours and read the info.

The SE king may be a better bet as there are more of them. Also Alloys, V6 (most powerful in its class),tow hook, map lights, gauges, interior, etc and all in all a much better truck, especially with the tow hitch, and abls as options, although this last option may be difficult to find in an 06.

You may be able to get one for $4000-$5000 off msrp putting you in the 17-18k range. If I really hadda have a Nissan I would surely exhaust efforts in an se (both 06 and 07) before going with an XE.

In most cases these programs thru employers , etc are sucker bait to generate traffic and non agressive buyers.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
    I agree with Jfritsch that you should try for an SE (maybe $2+k more) because the power is nice and mileage is close. With regard to the "advertised" price, if you want the XE, the advertised price is better but beware of the numbers. Make them show it to you both ways - they will while hesitant. The dealer, with the VPP, get 5% cut regardless so they are making money. I work for Nissan at their engine plant and the VPP while is not the greatest discount it does cut through the red tape of negotiating. With regard to the price, it is a good price but you should REALLY consider the SE with power package, it is worth every dime and you have the ability to tow many items. I have an 05 SE (crew cab, 6 speed, sunroof) and am getting 22-23 mpg and some of my coworkers are getting the same with automatics (we debate who can get the most). Either way, this is a far better truck than the pre-midsize (04 and back). Even MT said that they Nissan was a better truck after a year with both.
    For a base SE Frontier king cab, 6 spd, with power package and V6 2x4, you can get it for about $18k + tax. Save you money and get the hidden hitch from JC Whitney.
  • frogers911frogers911 Member Posts: 4
    I am about to buy a 2006 Frontier in the Wash DC area. There are several available and I am not picky as to which one to get, I am just going by which dealer will give me the best deal.

My question is about the rebate, it is supposed to end on 11/30/06, what happens after that? I doubt the price will go back up? Should I wait until next month when the dealers are even more motivated to move there remaining 06's or should I purchase now?

TIA
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    I would not expect the rebate on the 06's to increase for the simple reason that there are not a large number of 06 Frontiers remaining. The 06 King Cab models and lower priced Frontiers are sold out in many areas and models that are remaining are for the most part the higher priced Crew Cabs.
    Even if the rebate does not increase, the value of 06's decreases over time so the dealers would be expected to offer bigger discounts in December.
  • asaasa Member Posts: 359
    Just a note to suggest that those of you who are able to gain the VPP Discount should run your numbers independently of the dealer to make sure the dealer knows what they're doing. I had to visit three Nissan dealers before I found someone who calculated the numbers properly and wished to make a sale.
    There are a few king cabs left but they are highly optioned so I think I will be looking at an 07. I have not seen to many reports yet on pricing so how does this look?

07 Nismo King 6spd
    utility bed package & floor mats
    MSRP 25690
    Invoive 23752
    Price I was given: 22852 + TTL

Thanks
    This is about right. The spray-in bedliner and the in-rack rails are great. This is only standard available on the Nismo king cab and crew cab models.
  • psusrahpsusrah Member Posts: 5
    Wow, did you say there is a rebate for an 07 Nismo that brings it below invoice? Or did you mean an 06? I got a price on carsdirect.com for an 07 but they are all about 300 dollars above invoice. I thought they were pretty decent but I might be mistaken. I'm in PA.
    Sarah
    There is a $500 cash rebate for 07' Frontiers and a $1500 rebate for 06' Frontiers.

The price I posted above(which is below invoice)is a price I received from a local dealer on a 07' Nismo.
  • psusrahpsusrah Member Posts: 5
    wow I hope I can find a deal like that.
    I just called one dealer about 60 mi away from me and asked about the rebate..he said he wasnt sure if that applied to leases or not.
    Anyone know for sure?
  • etbull1etbull1 Member Posts: 15
    Trying to decide between Frontier and Tacoma. Test drove the SE Crew cab V6 with SE Value truck package. The dealer basically offered $22,350 +TTL, which seems to me is MSRP minus the $1500 rebate.

I haven't seen any recent posts on 07 SE pricing, what is considered a good deal?
    Read the posts going back to sept. (not many) invoice -rebate is an everyday deal.

--jjf
  • etbull1etbull1 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the case for the '07 models, too.

It been quite a while since we bought a car and I am a bit unsure of something. I realize that many times tax, title, & tag are on top of the invoice-rebate. What about doc prep fees and things like that?

For instance, if the model I want has an invoice of $22000 and a rebate of $1500, would a decent deal be $20,500 plus TTL + doc fees? I have read the forums, but am a bit confused about all the extra fees that dealers add on.
    Things are doubtful to change from 06 to 07. No big changes in demand. Go to fightingchance.com and order the package for your car and read it. Go to the library or amazon and get "Don't get taken every time" from Remar Sutton. From the early 80's but may be updated and somewhat timeless anyway.

Decide on what you want and fax/email your option requirements to 20-30 dealers last week of the month. Quickly narrow it down and work with the most eager 2-4. Work the lowest price otd. Don't get snowed with fees.

A bid of $20000 with $300 in doc fees is superior to a $20600 bid with $10 in doc fees. Simple. Taxes are fixed in your state.

Fyi the 06 models were advertised for $4500 to $5500 off msrp for the auto crew cab by several dealers (motoralley.com) For 07 may be possible but you may have to put in a bit of effort. The machine wholesales about 7k from list 1st year, so with $3500 -$4000 off they are hardly giving it away.

rotsa ruck
    --jjf
  • stevebaltomdstevebaltomd Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy LE CrewCab 4WD, traction pckg, side airbags/sunroof pckg/sidestep

Edmonds Invoice/Dest: $28,035 plus TTL

I found one dealer willing to give me this price so far...any others having better deals below invoice?

Thanks - Steve
    Balto, MD
    Invoice-rebate (1500) was common as rain in 06. Should be doable for an LE. (Unless you just gotta have the only one just like it within 300 miles) Look at my message 176 also. The rebate may have been increased back to 1500 for 07. This isn't surprising as many of the trucks won't move without incentives.

--jjf
  • dhauerdhauer Member Posts: 16
    Dealer has two of these trucks

Options:
    Power Package
    Floor Mats
    Bed Extender
    Tow Hitch Package M.S.R.P $27,255

Will sell for $22,999.00 Firm

Contact info available in profile. Call soon because the newspaper add hits this Sunday!

Thanks
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    hello
    how much are u guys paying for a 07 Nisno Package crew cab.
    Along with the full Audio Package. I think I can get for like $25000
  • codestercodester Member Posts: 9
    Sorry about the last post, not sure what happened to the text.

I was hoping someone could look at this posting and let me know if this sounds like a good deal, or if I should keep shopping.

2007 4X4 Frontier Crew Cab SE
    Automatic, Long bed
    Storm Grey
    SE Value Package
    Sliding Bed Divider
    Tow Hitch Receiver

Dealer quoted MSRP $27,680
    Dealer quoted Invoice $25,985
    Dealer offering at $23,544 after all rebates

Thanks.
    It is a good deal. Very good.
    Yes if the rig is actually 27680 MSRP sticker with about 200 or so for the divider 4000 off MSRP is good. Check it on edmunds. If the msrp is padded with a bunch of paint sealant add ons and such you need more off.

Also get them to switch out the divider with the sliding bed extender (many times more useful and slides up out of the way against the cab when not in use.) They can throw the divider on another truck in no time.

--jjf

Sorry about the last post, not sure what happened to the text.

I was hoping someone could look at this posting and let me know if this sounds like a good deal, or if I should keep shopping.

2007 4X4 Frontier Crew Cab SE
    Automatic, Long bed
    Storm Grey
    SE Value Package
    Sliding Bed Divider
    Tow Hitch Receiver

Dealer quoted MSRP $27,680
    Dealer quoted Invoice $25,985
    Dealer offering at $23,544 after all rebates
    Thanks. I'll check it out. According to KBB.com the SE Value Package comes with the bed extender as well as everything else that Edmunds notes. Any idea which is correct?
    Thats probably true. If they switched out the extender for the divider have them switch it back. If they have the divider in addition to the extender have them adjust $150 off or just take it.

--jjf
  • dviganodvigano Member Posts: 3
    I purchased this vehicle used about 2 weeks ago from a Chevrolet dealership in Phoenix, Arizona. The price was right and the truck is absolutely awesome! The dealer was great and we were on the road within 3.5 hours of walking onto the lot. I couldn't ask for a better vehicle!
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    I have an 07 Crew Nismo 4X4, love every minute I'm in it.
    Both my wife and I scrap each time we head out together cause we both like to drive it so much. It definitely has brought the fun factor back into our driving time and we both eagerly await our next road trip in the Fall.

Enjoy your new ride!
  • lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 7
    Purchased the following Truck last week. Overall it was a good buying experience:

2007 FRONTIER 4X2 KING CAB XE
    MANUAL TRANSMISSION 5 SPEED
    XE PREFERRED PACKAGE
    POWER PACKAGE
    BED RAIL CAPS/ REMOVABLE BEDLINER
    NON SLIDING BED EXTENDER
    FLOOR MATS

Sticker Price : $20,150

Price Paid : $17,000

DOC Fee : $300
    Security Etching : $200

TAX : $1200
    TITLE : $400
    REBATE : -$1000
    -------------------------
    Final Price : $18,100
  • lucky_melucky_me Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased Frontier XE King Cab. It comes with Bed Extender, Bed liner etc...

Can I install Roof Rack for this model ?
    Can Tonneau Cover withstand weight of the snow - say 12" to 18"?

Any suggestions on where and what to purchase the following:
    1. ROOF RACK
    2. TONNEAU COVER

Thanks in Advance
    Roof Rack - unless you are just in love with the rack, i would leave off but it should be able to fit from any extended cab model

Tonneau Cover - it depends on the type you get; where to get it from is countless locations; dealer, of-road custom shop, but JC Whitney has some great deals; bought a receiver hitch for $120 compared to $180-$360 and it bolted on in about 15 minutes.
    sup guys.
    what are you guys paying for the frontier Nismo Edition?
    with 4x4 along with the rocksford fosgate package?
    they listed it as $29 and change..
    you guys think i can get it at $24?
    I like the tacoma off-rd edition with the bed liner power plug. Nissan doesn't have that!
    You will have to take the sunroof in order to get the Rockford. $25,600 to $26,500 would be the expected range of "best" prices.
    so you guys think i can get it for $25000 with the Nismo 4 dr?
  • crewtkcrewtk Member Posts: 3
    It was great!! I went to the Nissan website and contacted the Nissan dealership that had a 5-speed crew cab; they offered me a below invoice price,I went there and they kept the offer with no games, I commend the professionalism of Dirito Bros. in Concord CA and the internet manager! Mine is white/grey interior.
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    Im shopping for my sister, and i cannot find this truck anywhere.

For safety sake, im looking for the side airbags and traction package, but there isnt a truck on the eastern seaboard it seems that has the traction package.
    Is there a reason why nissan doesnt put this on any of their trucks? Since it will be more or less a family car/truck, i want this little 700 dollar option on there...
    Probably for trucks of this size, it really isn't in that much demand. Whatever protection it offers is more pronounced on the smaller cars.

You will get far more selection in the Crew cab se field. Abls is very common there (although airbags are still rare). The truck has a cleaner look, many colors and large selection and finding the right dealer end of the month should provide a 4000+ off MSRP deal. (about 23000 for the 4wd edition with some options)

--good luck
    --jjf

For safety sake, im looking for the side airbags and traction package, but there isnt a truck on the eastern seaboard it seems that has the traction package.
    Is there a reason why nissan doesnt put this on any of their trucks? Since it will be more or less a family car/truck, i want this little 700 dollar option on there...
    Also do try out the Honda Ridgeline Awd. Put any misconceptions aside and have her test drive one. Unless you need true 4wd capability it has the traction, airbags out the ying yang, high quality and available for about 6000 off MSRP. (about 23000-28000 equipped like the LE)

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Probably for trucks of this size, it really isn't in that much demand. Whatever protection it offers is more pronounced on the smaller cars.

You will get far more selection in the Crew cab se field. Abls is very common there (although airbags are still rare). The truck has a cleaner look, many colors and large selection and finding the right dealer end of the month should provide a 4000+ off MSRP deal. (about 23000 for the 4wd edition with some options)

--good luck
    --jjf

• dave_pettydave_petty Member Posts: 7
    I picked up a 2007 CC LE for $23,750. Seems like a pretty good price compared to TMV, but I find myself wondering how I did.
    Look up your LE used 06 with 16000 miles on it. If you got within 15-20% additional or so of the wholesale price on a used one for a new one you did good.

--jjf

picked up a 2007 CC LE for $23,750. Seems like a pretty good price compared to TMV, but I find myself wondering how I did.
  • fevernomicsfevernomics Member Posts: 2
    2007 Frontier 4X2 King Cab SE V6
    Automatic
    SE Value Truck Package
    Dealer Add ons were;
    Protection Package
    Wheel Locks
    Factory Hitch
    Step Rails

MSRP $25,189.00

Paid $18,852 after 2K rebate
    plus $498 doc fees with tax, tag and title
    Out the door for $20,652 total
  • tent2tttent2tt Member Posts: 46
    Got $300 below invoice with 2.9% financing.

2007 NISMO Crew Cab 4 x 4
    Fosgate
    Traction Package
    Sunroof
    Sliding Bed Extender
    Carpeted Floor mats
    (comes standard with bedliner and tie-downs)

There were hardly any of these models left... had to drive 4 hours (8 RT) to test drive 2 of these and bought the darker one that drove like a cream puff (and on which the dealer agreed to budge on price) over the white one whose ride had us reconsidering a 4 x 2 (and on which the dealer flatly refused to lower to even invoice price).

How did we do on this one?

We did not go for any of the "Back End" extras, but are going to shop around for a good supplemental security system (it comes with the Vehicle Immobilizer and Nissan Security System, but they were trying to sell Lojack and Karr for highly marked-up prices). Does anyone have any recommendations on decent aftermarket security systems that are under $500?

Also, we've decided that once the new paint gets looking scratched up, we are repainting it a lighter color--yes, it may sound insane, but if you had driven this truck, you would well understand that it's a cream puff--drove 100 times better than the other 3 we tried and there are no other of these models neraby... the local dealers wanted to charge more to do a dealer trade on the few others that are available, because they would have to pay freight (and then they wanted to obligate us to buy the vehicle without test driving it first... no way). So, can anyone tell us how to get a professional paint job at the best rate? Auto body shops? We already know to avoid Earl Schieb. What other places have people used and been really happy with (no overspray, no missed spots, no paint on rubber moldings, etc.)?

Happy Trails!
  • e2odge2odg Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I recently purchased a 2007 crew cab 4x2 Frontier LE(short bed), with only 5,000 miles for $21,900. The truck has Sunroof, Sliding Bed Extender, Carpeted Floor mats, bed liner tie-downs, etc.
    How did I do on this?
    :D
    If you got 5000-5500 off MSRP you did pretty good.

-- happy drivin
    --jjf

Hi

I recently purchased a 2007 crew cab 4x2 Frontier LE(short bed), with only 5,000 miles for $21,900. The truck has Sunroof, Sliding Bed Extender, Carpeted Floor mats, bed liner tie-downs, etc.
    How did I do on this?
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    Recent purchase:
    '07 XE 2WD 5SPD KING CAB
    A/C P/W P/L CRUISE BED LINER/EXTENDER SLIDE WINDOW MATS

MSRP 19,800

OUT THE DOOR: 16,100
  • brett3116brett3116 Member Posts: 1
    2007 NISMO Crew Cab Avalanche 4x2
    Bed Extender
    NISMO Floor Mats

It had 10 miles on it when I test drove it. I got it for 22,000 plus TT&L.