Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blue3fishblue3fish Member Posts: 4
    I bought it in Iowa and the price was after the incentives.
  • kingnhkingnh Member Posts: 4
    Currently in March the rebate for the Frontier is $2500 as it was in February.

Does anyone know what the rebates were for Frontiers in the past, over the last year?

Is $2500 historically high, low, or average?

I am seriously considering buying one but am not in any hurry and can wait 6 months, or even until next Feb 09 (when my car will no longer pass inspection) in order to wait for the best deal I can get. Be it picking up an end of the model year 08 in the fall and/or waiting until a better rebate. The problem is, I have no idea how good $2500 is and if I should pounce on it now or wait for a better one. I can not find anywhere on the net that lists past rebates.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    It is historically high, as all the rebates and incentives (both public and hidden) are now for all the 20mpg trucks/suv's.

You want about 4000-5000 off msrp or more off a 27000 Frontier. Possibly more.

The well optioned 29000 Honda ridgeline RTX awd is availble for about 22000, possibly less. It is a more well refined and quality piece than the Frontier but 4wd is inferior.

The 31000 Dakota crew cab slt has sold frequently for 10000 off msrp. It has a lifetime powertrain warranty. Personally, given the altenatives I would want more off.

All the trucks with the economy and gas prices are in free fall. Try to get your truck as close to 10-15% above the wholesale used price of an 07 with average miles as you can (kbb.com nada.com). Waiting till 09 may not be productive as the compact truck manufacturers have been adjusting their volume for economic conditions.

Good luck
    --jjf

Currently in March the rebate for the Frontier is $2500 as it was in February.

Does anyone know what the rebates were for Frontiers in the past, over the last year?

Is $2500 historically high, low, or average?

I am seriously considering buying one but am not in any hurry and can wait 6 months, or even until next Feb 09 (when my car will no longer pass inspection) in order to wait for the best deal I can get. Be it picking up an end of the model year 08 in the fall and/or waiting until a better rebate. The problem is, I have no idea how good $2500 is and if I should pounce on it now or wait for a better one. I can not find anywhere on the net that lists past rebates.
  • ron_mron_m Member Posts: 186
    Just out of curiosity, how good of a price is $24,030.00(OTD) for a 2008 Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed that is pretty well equipped; minus the upgraded sound system and fog lamps? This price includes sales tax and all fees. The truck does have a bed extender and tow hitch receiver. I'm very interested in purchasing this truck, but I'm not so sure that this price is low enough. Also, I am definitely not in a big hurry to take the plunge, but if this is a really good deal I may move forward on this sometime later this week.

Thanks in advance for any informed opinions on this issue!
  • pahunterpahunter Member Posts: 5
    My complete total for a 2008 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 SE w/VTP and Class 4 Hitch w/7 pin connector(Heaviest Hitch pkg) was $24,265. That is including taxes and Dealer Handling. Actually, you can take another $128.24 off of that as the dealer collected taxes incorrectly.
    For a $27000msrp or so short bed SE model with the power windows and such a jumpable price would be about 5000+ off msrp. It will wholesale used for about 19000 or less 1st year. Taxes can vary from $100 to $2200 on that vehicle depending on state so OTD is not very descriptive without a breakdown of taxes, title, and dealer fees. Whether or not you got a $22000 price without much effort I would definitely get some competing bids via email from about 10 other dealers last week of the month. Also see my previous posts on some possible alternatives.

Good luck
    --jjf

Just out of curiosity, how good of a price is $24,030.00(OTD) for a 2008 Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed that is pretty well equipped; minus the upgraded sound system and fog lamps? This price includes sales tax and all fees. The truck does have a bed extender and tow hitch receiver. I'm very interested in purchasing this truck, but I'm not so sure that this price is low enough. Also, I am definitely not in a big hurry to take the plunge, but if this is a really good deal I may move forward on this sometime later this week.

Thanks in advance for any informed opinions on this issue
  • mike8194mike8194 Member Posts: 9
    I just received a quote for a 2008 Nissan Frontier Nismo King Cab in majestic blue for $22,500 out the door. Any thoughts? Is this the best I'm gonna do? This price includes doc fee, tax, tag, title, etc. The MSRP is $24,690 and Invoice is $23,101.
  • angantangant Member Posts: 7
    I was told I could buy any Nissan Frontier of my choice for invoice minus $400 minus rebate (2500). In your case: 23101-400=22701-2500=20201. I don't know what the other $2299 is. I guess it would include dest?, doc fee, tax, tag. As long as you're comfortable with the $2300, although I can't believe it costs that much for those other things. I ask the question. Good Luck!
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    OTD prices are impossible to compare without knowing the doc fee, the tax rate, the license fee, and other fees that vary by state and city.
    Chicago has at least a 9% sales tax.
    In some states doc fee is close to $500.
    Title and tag fee was over $400 (not including sales tax) for my Nissan Frontier.

Price for vehicle including destination fee is the best number to use when comparing with prices in paid by other buyers where fees vary.
  • shackmshackm Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased an '08 basic KC 4 cyl. XE. All she has is A/C, a fairly nice stereo system, and a bedliner. $15,582 OTD from Nissan of Athens, GA. 23 MPG on first tank with a lot of up and down RPM driving (trying to break it in).

Great dealership experience!
  • epiieq1epiieq1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an '08 NISMO King Cab w/ Tech Package, Traction Package, Side Airbags, Tow Hitch, Bed Divider, Floor Mats, and iPod Kit for $27,000 less the $2500 rebate, so approx. $24,500 before tax, license, docs, etc. I'll be ordering my SnugTop for it tomorrow.

Unbelievably awesome dealership experience (no pressure, super helpful, went the extra mile). I purchased it from Santa Barbara Nissan in Santa Barbara, CA.
  • subaru_mansubaru_man Member Posts: 17
    What kind of deal do you think is to be have for a 08 frontier cc SE (or LE) this summer. With gas being $4, what are the odds of getting one for invoice minus 5k? I'm in the process of buying an '07 LE CC, 36k mi, canopy, side step for 20k. Sounds high, I was going to offer the guy 18k. Clean looking rig though.
    Read my message 4681 in the Hyundai sonata forum and determine for yourself what the odds are last week of the month. Keep our offer around nada or kbb wholesale for a used 20mpg truck, not the owner seller or dealer retail #'s. (yes prices are dropping on the used ones that fast)

If you're interested in a new truck and Don't need true 4wd its hard to beat the Honda Ridgeline AWD for about 8000 off MSRP. This puts the RTX (near base) in the sub 22k range, and the 31000 RTS about 23000. Quality is outstanding and it is a much better rig than the Frontier. A 2' tighter turning circle too despite being 4" wider. They're going 4500 or more off invoice.(almost 8k off msrp) Test drive both and see what you think.

Don't know iff the Frontier will stall at 5000 off msrp or not. The owners club reports 24+ mpg highway frequently with the Ridgeline lightly loaded. The bed will fit sheets of plywood or drywall and the trunk in bed is a nice touch. Much heavier tailgate loading possible than with frontier and swing out in addition to swing down tailgate. Tows 1200 lbs less than Nissan though.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • subaru_mansubaru_man Member Posts: 17
    I initially wanted the ridgeline based on spec. I test drove one over the weekend and was very dissapointed.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Y are we talking about Looking at the Hundai foram and O look at the Honda Rigline This is not the Honda foram. and in my appinion The honda is a nice truck but it is not a real truck the bed is to small for dooing Man things and No real 4wd Nice room nice seets and back seet Nice power trane. and Nice build quality. The nissan has grate build quality also. Just what I think This is the Nissan Frunteere Foram sorry about my spelling guys. If you would post what you are talking about in this foram Not the Hundai foram. anyway GUys I am looking for a Nissan fruntteere 4 sil eather auto or stick. Has anyone baught one in New York state if so Pleas let me no any good dealers and there prices. I will be contacting menny dealers real soon to start the bidding. Thankyou guys for reading my posting and Like I said sorry about my spelling I no it is Not the best Marco.
    spell check
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Member Posts: 27
    I am looking into getting a 2008 NISMO Frontier KC 4x4, no added options (As they are very hard to find) and in an automatic (again, prefer manual but can't find it and want a locking rear diff with the NISMO).

I have a quote from a dealer right now for $22,976. The MSRP is $26,976. They are going to pay off my lease with my current car and wipe away mileage charges (hopefully). I don't want to put any money down, and am hoping to maybe get them down a little furhter, if possible.

Does this seem like a good deal, or should I keep trying to get them down?
  • zhampton21zhampton21 Member Posts: 27
    There were no NISMO's to be found in the southwest part of the US, so I had to settle for a 2008 Frontier SE 4x4. I love the trauck, and after an easy transaction, left with a purchase price of $19,990 at an MSRP of $24,846. I thought it was a good deal, and couldn't be happier with the truck.

Now it's time to MOD!
  • firehaz1firehaz1 Member Posts: 16
    I'm just about to buy this 2008 Frontier SE 4 x 4 CC LWB, SE Value Pkg., Moonroof, Side and curtain airbag and tow pkg. MSRP- 29,165.00. I'm quoted 23,700.00 that includes the 3500.00 Memorial Day Extra rebate. I hope its a good deal. Any thoughts?
    5300 off is about an average deal on a Frontier. Not a bad deal, Not a great deal. In the absence of anything better. If you are financing it would be good to check out numerous options as you could easily leave 2000 or more on the table there.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm just about to buy this 2008 Frontier SE 4 x 4 CC LWB, SE Value Pkg., Moonroof, Side and curtain airbag and tow pkg. MSRP- 29,165.00. I'm quoted 23,700.00 that includes the 3500.00 Memorial Day Extra rebate. I hope its a good deal. Any thoughts?
    I'm getting 5.25% for 72 months from my credit union. The dealer said he could not beat that. I'll look around a little more before I make the deal final. Thanks.
  • lasorcierlasorcier Member Posts: 3
    Just pulled the Trigger on a 4 cylinder SE KC (4x2, Manual) in avalanche (white). It came with mats, power package and bedliner.

Sticker was 20,580
    Invoice per edmunds was $19,450 (going from memory)
    TMV per edmunds is 19,893

Price before rebate 18,550
    Price after rebate 16,800

They also waived the documentation fees.

Nissan of Omaha. They were really good and it was effortless.

I also got quotes (also good) from Lake Manawa Nissan, but they didn't have any of them in any color. Just V6's of which they presumably are dying to rid themselves. They would have set me up in another one until mine came in. They also indicated they would waive fees.
    I believe the KC se is a V6. If you have a 4 cylinder that is the XE. Msrp sounds high for an xe manual unless the bedliner was $990 and that is the dealer sticker.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • ninevelninevel Member Posts: 2
    It's a great deal because I got mind for 25,700 at Alexander Nissan, PA. I don't recommend anybody doing business with them. They are the worst -- sleazy.
    No, I am quite certain I got the 4-cylinder SE.

As the sticker reads:

'08 Frontier 4x2 KC SE (top of the sticker)

Mechanical and Performance
    2.5 Liter DOHC 4-Cylinder Engine
    152 Horsepower and 171 lb-ft Torque
    5-Speed Manual Transmission

Base - 18,250
    Mats - 105
    Liner - 430
    Power Package - 1050
    Destination - 745

Total MSRP 20,580

As per sales contract:

Vehicle price - 18,550
    Rebate - 1,750
    Government filing fees 17

Total Net Price - 16,817

Per Edmunds:

Invoice - 19,447on my printout of Edmunds on 5/24/08
    TMV - 19,585 on my printout of Edmunds on 5/24/08 although at the time of this posting, Edmunds says 20,055. Weird
    I never knew they added the 4cyl to the se lineup. Does it have the better interior and the alloys or steel wheels?

--jjf
    Yes the added the c 4 sil to the Line up think it Has bittor interior from what My frend who works at a nissan dealer On long island Has told me. Nice truck and good price good Luck with it grate nice truck Marco.
    How is the truck running how menny Miles have you put on it in the Last Munth Still looking for a 4 sil one thankyou.
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Member Posts: 23
    I am thinking about buying a 2000 Frontier. I know the reliability is pretty good, but how many miles can I expect out of it? It would have the V6, I could go auto or manual on the trans. What are some things I should look for as far as weaknesses for these trucks?
    Thanks
    Actually, the reliability for both the Frontier and Tacoma is about average for the newer ones, and pot luck like the rest for an 8 year old. Weaknesses are the same as for any other vehicle except 4wd. Test drive it for about an hour, hills, highway etc
    start the car ten times, check all the switches lights, signals, doors reverse forward l1 l2. Perhaps others can help with testing 4wd. Personally, for low mpg vehicles like this now I would prefer getting it for around nada or kbb wholesale (trade in value) or less. If it has over 120k and barely rates nada fair cond even less.

Good luck
    --jjf

I am thinking about buying a 2000 Frontier. I know the reliability is pretty good, but how many miles can I expect out of it? It would have the V6, I could go auto or manual on the trans. What are some things I should look for as far as weaknesses for these trucks?
    Thanks
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Member Posts: 23
    I don't think the 4wd will be a problem, as I'm looking at the desert runner. Any idea how many miles I can expect out of it, assuming it has been well taken care of?
    thanks for all your help
    It is running well and I definitely like it. It is great for the Lowe's runs during the weekend. It is also good for getting mulch, etc.

The stereo is crap I have to say. I put a JVC headunit in it with 2 sets of JBL speakers from crutchfield. If you do that, get the double-din JVC that has the USB port. That rocks and you can just stick in those USB memory thingies (using a 4-GB one at the moment) and play the music directly. Installing was a snap, just get a panel tool so you don't scratch things up. Take your time.

I have put 275 miles on it and that is a lot by my standards. I am probably a bad example because I only put 3k or less on my cars per year. Usually less. I have about 3/8 of a tank left as per the fuel indicator. Haven't refueled it since buying it and it will probably be a few weeks until it becomes necessary to do that.

I put about 20 commuting miles on it a week, but I love each one of 'em. I forgot how much I liked driving a manual. Only way to drive.
    hey thankyou for responding to my Posting. I am glad to hear it is running grate no surprize there it is a nissan. Hey you dont put menny miles on it that is ok. and you had to change out the radiao for a nother one no big deal good to no if I wher to go with the base 4 sil truck. is the engian quiat does it make alot of noize when you are moving. How is it on Hills. Let me no thankyou so mutch. Marco.
    guys the 2009's are cumming out in aug maby few weeks before that grate deales to be had on 2008's and on trucks in Jenaral cause of the gas prices keep on posting those nissan truck prices Payed thankyou for reading guys have a verry good day.
    any one bye a nissan fruntteere in the Pa aria from fits mall in Pa if any one has pleas let us no how the byeing prosase whent and how you like the truck.
    yes you are so rite fritch boath the nissan and toyota trucks are real grate trucks. is anyone byeing frunteeres anymore I no the gass prices are keeping Peapol from byeing one. now big rebates on them keep on posting those prices payed thankyou for reading my posting.
    sum dealers hear in new york are selling frunteeres for $17000 it is THe se moddles and other moddles to. just thaught I let all of you guys no Kopal Nissan in Jakson Hights Queans. and a few others keep on posting the prises payed thankyou for reading.
  • hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Member Posts: 34
    marcogallo1986, spell check is your friend, buddy. ;)

I just wanted to tell everyone that A LOT of dealers are offering a flat 40% of MSRP on new Frontiers, Armadas, Quests, Xterras and Titans.

No, I am not making this up. There are ads all over the place, from New Jersey to Kentucky to California.
  • choochoojohnchoochoojohn Member Posts: 20
    If you know any of the dealers in New Jersey I'd sure like to know. I'm waiting for the 2009 Frontier models and pricing to come out but 40% could make up my mind quick.
  • larry10larry10 Member Posts: 88
    I just picked up a fully loaded NISMO for 75% off sticker price plus free tickets to Disneyland! Isn't life grand...
    larry, Which dealer did you obtain 75% off plus Disney tickets?
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Larry10,

Was it an 06 or 07 .. just curious

also if possible email me the dealership at ddwmew@yahoo.com
    I'm interested too. What dealer was that at? I got my '08 SE 6cy. 4x4 over Mem. weekend at invoice then minus 3500.00 holiday rebate.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I think larry10 was making a joke...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Then he should post it at Nissan Frontier Jokes&Giggles....lol. My bad.
  • truckinhtowntruckinhtown Member Posts: 2
    Just got above in NJ with the SE value truck package & a tow hitch added.

$24942 price
    - $2500 incentive
    =$22442 after rebate (MSRP was $27,950, invoice $26,150)
    with NJ 7% tax, $400 4 year registration, $299 doc fees & $99 doc fee
    OTD at $25000

It's not quite 40% off, but still happy with a great deal! Let me know if anyone thinks I could have done better...

I test drove a Tacoma too, but I just liked the Frontier better & I liked the price much better too.
    Great price! Thats 1300.00 more than I saved on my '08 SE LWB 4x4 sunroof/sd-airbag pkg. I paid 23,700.00 and thought I did good. What dealer did u use let me know. ajo518@yahoo.com
  • fff398fff398 Member Posts: 1
    picked an SE 5.0 ft. 59.5" Automatic 4WD Crew Cab with value truck package

$27150 MSRP($25460 Invoice)

after $2500 rebate and negotiation
    $19,888

was offered the 6 year warranty(roadside, etc) for $1300 and they added another 500 price deduction...

blah blah blah with NY tax, registration and everything else: $23600
  • wildhorsemanwildhorseman Member Posts: 2
    There are huge savings to be had on 2008 Frontiers right now. Many dealers are willing to take $10K off the sticker to move the trucks out because of a $5K incentive per unit direct to the dealer if they meet an assigned quota of selling trucks/SUV's during July and August. In order to get to their individual quotas as soon as possible, they are moving units quickly. Here's the details of the truck I bought last week:

2008 Frontier SE V6 4x2, Value Truck Package
    MSRP: $22,560
    Paid: Under $13K

The deals are out there to be had. What a steal on a great truck!
  • csprafcspraf Member Posts: 6
    What dealer ? I will help him meet his quota.