Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    I think larry10 was making a joke...

I can guarantee Larry was making a joke!

Yes it is a great time to buy a frontier right now. But you will definitley not receive 75% off and Disney tickets....

GP
  • choochoojohnchoochoojohn Member Posts: 20
    Would you mind telling me the NJ dealer? I live in Ocean County and don't mind traveling for a deal.

Thanks
  • offriffoffriff Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 SE V6 with the equipment package and tow hitch for $20,500 after rebates of ( $2500 + $1000) from Poughkeepsie Nissan in NY. Sticker was around $27,085. Do you think I could have done better? I have not picked it up or done the finance paper work yet. I put $500.00 down on a credit card. What do you think?
  • norm26norm26 Member Posts: 4
    I would have went for that deal. I'm looking for the same truck right now and I'd be happy with anything between 20-21K. The problem has been finding a 4x4 that's even available. The dealership is not wanting to talk deal over emails so it's been hard to get an estimate price.
  • lunlunlunlun Member Posts: 2
    When I heard about the promotion. I call the Internet Department in Oakland CA. They said they price match anybody.

Got me 4X2 Frontier CC SB with Value Truck Package for $18,000 OTD. Can't be happier.

GOOD LUCK BUYING!!!
  • teamknocteamknoc Member Posts: 2
    LunLun, Is there anyway you could email me the exact promotion that Bay Bridge Nissan offered you. I just visited Dirito Bros. Nissan in Concord, and they where offering me a 4X2 Frontier CC SB with value truck package for $18,500 before taxes and fees. If there is anyway you could email me more info I would greatly appreciate it. My email is farzienrad@gmail.com
    Thank you so much for your help.
  • asaasa Member Posts: 359
    Yes, the manual transmission does translate into a lot of driving enjoyment. The 6-Speed manual is what led me to buying new my '06 Frontier SE Crew Cab 4x2, my first Nissan. It's a sweet powertrain with excellent gear ratios -- even my wife shifts it like a pro.

I agree with you on the poor quality of the base stereo. I think new speakers might help me best.
  • picantepicante Member Posts: 27
    FYI

Tonkin Nissan in Wilsonville, OR has been advertising on their Web site:

2008 Frontier SE 4x4 V6 automatic + F01 (Value Truck Package) for $17,725

According to Edmund's:
    MSRP = $25,260
    Invoice = $23,691
    TMV = $21,659

I haven't checked this out personally, but thought it might be a helpful reference point.

I have a sweet '95 Nissan V6 4x4 with only 45K miles, so I'm just waiting to see if they get even more desperate. Would jump at $16,500. (May not happen, but I don't really need a new truck.)

-- Paul
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    MSRP on a crew cab 4x4 se automatic with the value truck package is almost 27000. If your info is correct, if not you have probably have a manual trans.

TMV has been a joke in one way or another for years, possibly (or not) on cars but epecially off on trucks, especially now.

If you can get an 26700 se 4x4 crew auto with pwr and alloys for 17700 or thereabouts, you need a new truck, even if you have to get less than the books for your 95. That truck is ancient and the 05 redesign on a great improvement over the 04's much less that.

If its a 26500 truck, canvas the dealers, try to work them down and buy it for 17700 if not. There is no such thing as a sweet 13 year old truck. (only of the memories of what you did in the back ;) ) This is a low volume vehicle. If a cars.com search within 30 miles produces only 20 or so hits do it, don't screw around too long for another 1000.

Good luck
    --jjf

FYI

Tonkin Nissan in Wilsonville, OR has been advertising on their Web site:

2008 Frontier SE 4x4 V6 automatic + F01 (Value Truck Package) for $17,725

According to Edmund's:
    MSRP = $25,260
    Invoice = $23,691
    TMV = $21,659

I haven't checked this out personally, but thought it might be a helpful reference point.

I have a sweet '95 Nissan V6 4x4 with only 45K miles, so I'm just waiting to see if they get even more desperate. Would jump at $16,500. (May not happen, but I don't really need a new truck.)

-- Paul
    Thanks jif.

Should have added, this is an extended cab, not crew cab.

It's about $7,500 off, which I'm guessing is $2,500 rebate + $5,000 dealer incentive mentioned earlier.

I understand about TMV; just included for reference.

-- Paul
    One guy mentioned before there are some 40% off promotions, which would be 10000 off. Enough additional info to suggest it isn't bs. Get 10-20 bids towards end of month on a crew or extended cab (whatever you want) and see how close you can approach this working with the 2-5 who need to make a sale. If you can get your 16500 or less (or a crew cab for a bit more) do it especially if you can get close to kbb or especially edmunds for your 95 trade in. They're blowing them out, stocks are shrinking and they will have production adjusted next year so August is it. Cars.com or Frontier website will help you email within a 150 mi or more radius. Obviously for 8500-10000 off its well worth it. This truck was untouchable for less than 4500 or so off in august just a year or so ago and still a 07 has a a kbb trade in value of around 18000 . (for what thats worth.)

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks jif.

Should have added, this is an extended cab, not crew cab.

It's about $7,500 off, which I'm guessing is $2,500 rebate + $5,000 dealer incentive mentioned earlier.

I understand about TMV; just included for reference.
  • farmerstevefarmersteve Member Posts: 2
    Topeka Nissan in Topeka Ks...4x4 tow package SE...short bed extended. alloy wheels MSRP 27185 bought for 18186....

Sale price of 20686 Rebate of 2500

Topeka, Ks.. BTW started Sat morn with 6 SE on lot by the time I got up there at
    6:00 PM they had mine and one other with someone else coming to get it...
    Is the msrp on a 4x4 se extended cab with hitch,auto, pwr alloys etc about 25400? What did yours include for 27200?

jjf

Topeka Nissan in Topeka Ks...4x4 tow package SE...short bed extended. alloy wheels MSRP 27185 bought for 18186....

Sale price of 20686 Rebate of 2500

Topeka, Ks.. BTW started Sat morn with 6 SE on lot by the time I got up there at
    6:00 PM they had mine and one other with someone else coming to get it...
  • truckinhtowntruckinhtown Member Posts: 2
    I got my deal from Lynne's Nissan in Stanhope, NJ. See post # 302 for my deal. They were having some sort of selling contest on trucks which helped.

I love my new truck.
  • norm26norm26 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted 600 below the edmunds TMV plus the 2500 rebate for a crew cab se 4x4 w/ value package plus ttl in Georgia. I'm thinking about going through with it.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    what was your out of the door price with all of the rebates everything said and done pleas let us no. anyone get a good truck deal in New York state thanks so mutch Marco.
  • farmerstevefarmersteve Member Posts: 2
    Lets see..I have base MSRP on 4x4 SE... Automatic and 4x4 is with des and handling is 25775
    Add Value Package..............1350
    Msrp is 27125
  • zzyzxzzyzx Member Posts: 7
    How does this sound?

08 FRONTIER 4X2 KC SE KG-I4 AUTO
    AVALANCHE, STEEL

APPEARANCE PACKAGE
    FLOOR MATS
    POWER PACKAGE

$18,626.27 OTD
  • newo2unewo2u Member Posts: 1
    8/16
    Crown Nissan
    St. Petersburg Florida
    '08, 4x2, SE, CC, SB, VTP, sliding bed extender, Alert Red

$17,775.69 OTD
    Lithia Nissan of Medford Oregon (Lithia is a pretty large network of dealers).

Quote for 08 KC SE 4x4 V6 auto with VTP: $18,709

According to Edmunds:
    MSRP + destination charge: $25,260
    invoice + destination charge: $23,691

Another bit of info: A different dealer rejected my offer that included a $5,000 reduction for a "Nissan-to-dealer incentive for 2008 truck quota" and said "we aren't going to meet the quota."

It looks like there may indeed be a $5,000 incentive that some dealers may receive.

Happy shopping!

-- Paul
  • zzyzxzzyzx Member Posts: 7
    Purchased in Austin, TX.on 08/19/08

08 FRONTIER 4X2 KC SE KG-I4 AUTO

APPEARANCE PACKAGE
    FLOOR MATS
    POWER PACKAGE

MSRP: $21,580

$17329 OTD :)
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    4x4 SE automatic with value package is advertised for $15998 at Preston AutoPlex in Preston Maryland.

MSRP is $25,225
    Just purchased 2008 KC SE 4x4 V6 auto (red) with VTP for $17,221 OTD.

According to Edmunds:
    MSRP + destination charge: $25,260
    invoice + destination charge: $23,691

(Seeing, moparbad's last post, I may have left some money on the table. But I'm still pleased to have gotten this rig for the price.)

For those who might be interested, I used an e-mail variation of the standard "Fax" offer approach (see below). Note that I committed to the deposit upon acceptance of the offer and indicated in my cover e-mail that this offer would be presented to another dealer if not accepted by the expiration time.

I got an e-mail back with a PDF of a dealership sales agreement to sign, and a follow-up phone call to verify that it was OK to charge the credit card. So far, the process has been completely painless.

-- Paul

Here's how I presented the offer in a PDF attachment via e-mail:

*** THIS OFFER EXPIRES AT 5:00 P.M., AUGUST 20, 2008. ***

PURCHASE OFFER August 20, 2008

This is an offer to purchase a new, 2008 Nissan Frontier SE for the CASH DELIVERED PRICE (including all charges and fees except the Oregon license fee) of $17,221.
    ========
    2008 Nissan Frontier SE, Extended Cab
    V6 4x4 automatic (Red)
    Stock #: XXXX, VIN: XXXX -- $21,729
    F01 SE Value Truck Package -- 1,182
    Destination charge -- 780
    Total invoice: -- 23,691
    Reductions
    Factory customer rebate -- ($2,500)
    Nissan-to-dealer incentive; 2008 truck quota -- (5,000)
    Dealer holdback -- (470)
    Total reductions -- ($7,970)
    Net -- 15,721
    Direct profit -- 1,500
    CASH DELIVERED PRICE -- $17,221

I’m prepared to take delivery immediately. The vehicle must be delivered within 1 week at your dealership in perfect, new condition with less than 100 miles on the odometer. Please note that I do not want any additional options or add-ons for this vehicle.

THIS OFFER IS FIRM.

To accept this offer, please reply by e-mail to xxxxx@xxxxx.com no later than 5:00 P.M., AUGUST 20, 2008. This offer is void after that time.

Upon acceptance of the terms of this offer prior to the stated expiration time, Lithia Nissan of Medford is authorized to charge my credit card a $500.00 deposit to be applied to the cash delivered price, above.

VISA XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX Exp. XX/XX

Signed, etc.
  • csprafcspraf Member Posts: 6
    2008 frontier kc se value truck package LIST 22525.00 . 14700.00 plus ohio sales tax and 250.00 dealer fee.Nissan of north olmsted ohio.Thanks for all the help and I hope it is as good as you say!
    That is a verry good price for this truck congrads nice are you going to go for it pleas Keep us updated on how the byeing prosesse gos. and Yes like sum other posters have said this is a grate truck thanks for reading Marco.
  • csprafcspraf Member Posts: 6
    I bought the truck and made the deal over phone, 3 calls and one trip to take delivery. Treated very good at dealer.
  • samadams2samadams2 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a new Super Black 2008 SE 4x4 CC short bed with VTP, tow hitch package, and bed extender OTD for $18994 with 0 down and no trade in. Oh and I got them to throw in a bug guard. I didnt need a new truck but for that price I couldnt say no. I feel like maybe I could have gotten them down a few hundred more but I think it's well worth every penny that I gave for it.
    I'm looking at a 2008 Frontier LE, long bed with leather pkg., ABLS, air bags & moonroof. MSRP is $29730 - first offer from dealer is $22000.Any thoughts on getting a better price/ Should it be better?
    Also, any experience with the leather seats? Are they too warm in the summer and too cold in the winter? I'm in NJ. Does the leather hold up in a pick up?
    samadams2: Great price! Which transmission?

choochoojohn: Dealers who can qualify for the Nissan $5,000 bonus for meeting quota seem to be selling 2008 V6's around $8,000 to $9,000 off MSRP (OTD). At the very least, they'll should you $7,500 off, cuz' that still leaves them with as much profit as if they'd sold it to you at MSRP with no rebate or bonus in place.

That said, not all dealers will meet the quota level, and may not have the $5K to play with.
    It has the auto trans. I used to be a manual only kinda guy, but after driving my work truck with auto trans I've realized that NOT having to shift all the damned time is kinda nice. Not to mention in my experience looking and debating to buy one in the last 2 years its harder than hell to find a 4x4 CC with the manual trans. Also I live in the mountains and it gets pretty cold up here in the winter, so I'm gonna look into getting a remote starter which I've wanted for years now but never been able to get one because of my manual Ranger.
    samadams2: By my reckoning then, MSRP was about $27,800 on that rig, which means you got about $8,800 off! (Not counting the bug guard.)

My previous truck was a 5-speed manual hardbody, but I could find an SE V6 4x4 KC manual in my area. I'm getting used to the auto (and my wife is very happy now that we have A/C, auto & cruise control).
    Yeah I knew it was close to $28K for it. I'm still not even sure how much exactly I paid for the truck, I'm figuring around $17,700. I just know I went in there knowing if I could get it OTD for $20K I was gonna bite. We actually made the deal for $20K OTD with a 5.75% APR, but when it came time to finalize they jumped my APR up to 6.75%. When I got pissed because of the change he knocked another $1K off if I accepted the higher APR. 6.75% still aint bad so I was Very hasty to sign the paperwork and get it over with. I was so eager I couldnt hardly remember how to write my middle name. And to top it all off, I had planned on making down payment of $3K, but as it turned out I didnt need to, so now I'm blowing that money on accessories. I just ordered some black powder coated Westin Platinum Series nerf bars, and a Bakflip G2 tonneau cover last night. This week I'm hoping to get the front windows tinted to match the back and then get it to the dealership and have fog lights and a K&N cold air intake installed. Then maybe a custom catback exhaust and full audio makeover as soon as I can get my Ranger sold. Its gonna be one sweet ride when everything comes together. Its definately the love of my life at the moment.
    After I bought my rig (see above), I helped a buddy buy the same rig (even the same color) except it also has the Tow Package. With the additional info I had from my deal, he was able to get a deal that was about $500 better than mine.

Needless to say, I'm gonna expect him to buy me a good dinner!

My friend got some additional infor from the dealer and it looks like dealers' actual "net zero" cost is almost $10K off MSRP on the V6's. (Figured as: $2,500 (rebate) + $5,000 (quota incentive) + $500-700 (holdback) + (difference between MSRP and invoice).

So, it should be possible to get a deal around $9K off MSRP.
    I dont know if one can believe a word anybody at the dealership says, but the finance guy told me that the only thing they were making off my deal was the $599 DOC fee. That they were actually gonna save money by not having to pay interest on the old stock they had, and once the 08's cleared they were gonna order very few 09's. Either way I dont think they possibly could have made too much. Only advice I would give to people looking to buy is, dont offer a penny more than you are willing to pay because they'll accept offers lower than you would think. And I agree with an earlier post either from here of some other forum, that production will be adjusted on the 2009's and they wont be as cheap as any remaining 2008's. Granted the 09's will be a little bit nicer, with some of the plasticy interior broken up with various materials, and the thermostat controls are nicer snd they even come with nicer wheels But I seriously doubt you'll ever find $10K or 30% off on the 09's. The time to buy is definately now and lowball the hell outta them.
  • zabackzaback Member Posts: 5
    Piante,

Did you make your purchase(s) in Eugene or Medfore?

Very impressive.
    Zaback: Both trucks were purchased from Lithia Nissan of Medford.
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Samadams2

Out of curosity .. what was your sales price and did it iclude freight?

MSRP:

Sales Price:

Freight:
  • smpathy01sesmpathy01se Member Posts: 9
    Closed the deal Monday afternoon for $18,300 OTD @ Upstate Nissan in Anderson, SC.
    goood price did you get the long bed or short bed. extended cab or 4 door moddle grate truck you will love it nissan are grate cars thanks for reading Marco.
  • nyrgrs61nyrgrs61 Member Posts: 2
    I need a bit of help if you can. I am looking to purchase A 2008 frontier crew cab in the Central New Jersey area. I am getting the usual salespeople nonsense, and I am wondering if their is anyone who has recently rec'd a good deal in the jersey area? A 4x2 is fine, the only thing that is important is that it is a Crew cab, and is Auto. I have been dealing with Pinebelt, and they are Horrible, I rec'd a couple of bites from Hudson Nissan in Jersey City, but that is about it. Thank you......
    Have you tried CarsDirect? They quote a price then give you dealers that will work with you.
    Windsor Nissan in Hamilton NJ has a few SE crew cabs with auto, so does Peruzzi Nissan in Fairless Hills Pa. just across from Trenton( talk to George Sweeney Cherry Hill Nissan has a SE crew cab, red with auto and if you don't mind driving or just to get an idea of prices check with Carmax.
    Good Luck.
  • firehaz1firehaz1 Member Posts: 16
    I bought mine a CC SE LWB from Peruzzi 2 months ago. MSRP was 28,535 and I got it for 23,700. Ask for Tim Grey. They have a few there. Good luck.
    See also post 349. it was addressed to me in error.

PS> I just received an email from George Sweeney at Peruzzi stating he still has a few 08 crew avail and is willing to work with you.

Good luck
  • nyrgrs61nyrgrs61 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input....I called a few of the dealers mentioned, and they said that the 5000.00 Nissan to dealer rebate was only good in Aug. The only discount they are giving is the 2500.00. Basically, they want to give me the Crewcab 4X4 for 26800.00 less 2500.00 then add the tax etc. That is too high considering the deals posted on this Blog. I am going to try Peruzzi Now and see what they can do. Thanks again......
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Member Posts: 23
    I am looking at buying a 4-banger frontier. There's a black 2002 in my area with 70,000 miles for $8,400. First, is this a good deal for this particular truck? Also, is there any common problems for this model I should look for on the test drive? I know there was something with belts squeaking, but anything else I should look/listen/smell for?
    Thanks
    Got the short bed since long will not fit in my meager garage with the door down. CC = 4 doors in case you are not aware.
    "Deal" is a relative term. Have you checked out prices on cars.com for prices on similar vehicles in your area or within 250 miles? When I looked at 02's w/ 2.4L the prices are all over the map, but in a general sense 8400 seems very high IMHO, but that may not be so in your area. For instance in my area a dealer named Cars Plus located in listing a 2002 2.4L 2002 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab - $6,900, but the KKB trade-in value [www.kbb.com] is $4700 if in excellent condition in my neck of the woods. I guarantee he has a markup of at least 2k, if not 2.5k. Knowing that going in I might initially offer $5000 and set my limit at say $5500. You have to be prepared to WALK AWAY from any deal and remember, if you don't ask, I guarantee you will not receive.
  • mdawg25mdawg25 Member Posts: 23
    That seems to be the going rate for these around here. It has fairl low miles (for this old) and it's from a dealer, so it'll be naturally higher. It's actually the lowest priced Frontier on cars.com. I was asking the first question more from a reliability standpoint. Do you know of any common problems I should look for on a test drive or what tends to go first on these trucks?
    Thanks
    hey thankyou so mutch for responding to my posting. sorry about that yea you said cc sorry it is a good truck and nissans are grate cars and trucks not just saying that so how do you like it so far and does the bed hold alot of stuff just wondering. thanks so mutch for reading marco.
    I don't know anything to look for. I haven't owned a 2.4L nissan based truck since a 94 Hardbody I sold 2 years later (1996) and even then that engine was considered to be rock solid, but underpowered.