Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danjarossdanjaross Member Posts: 1
    i was offered grey '07 A6 3.2 quattro, prem, conv, nav, sirius, sun shades, wood steering wheel, $54260 msrp, $51,032 (supposedly $200 below invoice), $4k out of pocket, 48% residual, $670/month + tax. is this a good deal?
  • peterny1peterny1 Member Posts: 2
    Audi 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro Automatic
    Night Blue
    Amaretto Interior
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Front License Plate holder
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Destination charge

MSRP $55220.00
    Buying Price $49000.00 +Tax+TAG+Tire(3430+150+7.50)
    Please help in Decision, is this good price for N. Jersey?
    I must make my deal tomorrow at town motors in Englewood NJ
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    $6,000 off MSRP is a good price.
  • wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    very good price...don't see that much.
  • peterny1peterny1 Member Posts: 2
    Guys and Gals this is the worst experience of my life after everything such as my insurance ID card also the check from capital one and so on was ready, at last minute about 4:47 pm dealer told me they have sold car to someone else they played a good game to let me drop all my all other deal and let me face the music in march. I called Audi of usa and they gave me the drill Dealers are owned and operated individually. :mad: Never Ever go to Town Motors of Englewood NJ. :sick: I am buying Infinity after this experience
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Did you give the dealer a deposit on the car?
  • prism1prism1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value for a FWD 2007 A6. I am considering a 36 month lease with either 12k or 15k annual mileage limitiations.Does the purchase of Audi care effect the residual value?
  • ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    I just spoke to the Audi dealer and we have the car that I want at an MSRP of $55,670....after discount then putting back in 2% for sales tax, $575 Lease acquisition and $175 registration/license for 36 months with a 45% residual they came up with a monthly payment of $954.

I came up with $55670 less 45% = 30619 Depreciation is $25051 divided by 36 months = $695.90/mo dep. Cap of $55093 plus Res $ 30618 = $85711 x .00007 = $6

How can we be that far off with these numbers? $250 difference a month?

Thank you

Elliot
    Elliot,

Dealers and manufacturers have another profit center when they get to act as the leasing company; in your case $250 month. Pay cash and forget about it.

Kevin
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    I agree, that seems pretty high... you can get a more expensive car to lease for that price... most people on the forums were commenting on getting lease monthly rates in the $700-mid 800's...

Is this a 4.2 or 3.2?
    I am on my way to another dealership to pick up the A6 with the usual options 36 months for $828/mo.....

This is a far cry from $954. By the way the $954 dealership called me 3 times today and I told him the price was off according to my calculations (yes, I can figure a lease by hand) and the $954 became $902 due to an input error!!!!!!!!!!!

He also said that he does not have the component parts of the deal only the Cap Cost and the payment....come on...I was born at night but not last night.

Elliot
    Elliot,

Congrats on getting the new car. You'll love it!

I agree with changing dealerships, if they start playing games, just walk...
    I can honestly say that I had a wonderful experience at Cavender Audi in San Antonio today.

We handled everything on the telephone. He had the car I wanted with the right color and options and the Salesperson, Nathan Spencer got it done without ANY runaround whatsoever.

I walked into the dealership and they had the car prepped, and the Sales Manager and General Manager came out to make sure that everything was OK.

I went into finance and the paperwork was done...exactly as discussed on the phone with NO upsell....I was in finance for about 5 minutes.....the way it should be.

The car came in $126/mo less than what I wrote above and it was fair for the dealership and fair for me.

When we spoke on the telephone before I drove 1 hour down to San Antonio, I went over everything with Nathan and I made sure he knew we were talking about 15k miles a year. They had figured it at 12k and said immediately that the contract would be changed to 15k without any adjustment.

Now the kicker. They said don't worry about your Mercedes that they would drop it off that afternoon at the MB dealer. All I needed to do was stop in and sign an Odometer statement. They had called over to the MB dealership and I was treated royally by one of the managers and in and out in no time.

This is what a car buying/leasing experience should be. I have leased since 1974 and I can figure the lease by hand.....this was the best experience I have had at a dealership.

Regards

Elliot
    Very nice. I can't say my purchase was that painless...particularly the F&I guy was ridiculous. Don't you wish every auto transaction was as smooth as yours?

Congrats again. Have fun with the great weather we're having in TX this weekend.
  • dpierpointdpierpoint Member Posts: 4
    After a month of shopping around I finally took the dive and purchased a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line at the weekend. Purchased from Continental Audi in Naperville, IL. Very happy with both the car and the manner in which I was treated at the dealership.

Car is certified through 2010 and is very clean.

If anybody is interested in price details, contact me directly.
  • audi4dkvaudi4dkv Member Posts: 2
    Just traded in my tired ex-sales vehicle (97 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 142k mi) for a 2001 Audi A6 4.2. Vehicle has sports and cold weather packages and is in excellent condition. My local mechanic gave it a clean bill of health. Concern is the mileage (78k mi). Lots of horror stories on this site + local dealer is warning me about the timing belt. Anyone have advice on 80k checkup and replacement of timing belt? Should I spend the money now for "preventative" maintenance? Quotes are running $800 to $2000. Thanks.
    Replace the timing belt now, along with water pump, tensioners, etc.
  • audi4dkvaudi4dkv Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. Couple follow-on questions if I may:
    1. Any reason I shouldn't use my local mechanic (trustworthy and fair) vs the dealer?
    2. Any ballpark pricing on what I should expect for the service?

BTW, I paid $17k for the vehicle in SF area. Comps that I could find in the area suggest this was a fair price. Anyone have data that would suggest otherwise?
  • liquidplatinumliquidplatinum Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted MSRP of $51,900 with EXACTLY what features I wanted.

In February the lease rates were so good that I was quoted $6000 down, $500 a month including tax, first month, etc, etc. to drive off of the lot with it. I regret not taking it then. They haven't been able to come close to that since.

Anyone know any special A6 promotions coming soon?
  • sl372sl372 Member Posts: 4
    Would you let me know about the details?
    Thank you.
  • cottermcotterm Member Posts: 14
    I just bought (leased an A6) with MSRP of $57710. Selling price is $49,210. Audi has a dealer performance bonus going through thursday of 5k. I am 5k under invoice with 1k lease cash. Money factor .00045. First and fees w/payment of $710. 12k/36 mos.

Buddy bought one yesterday also 55,700 sticker. 8500 off also.
    They are blowing out the 07s before the 08s arrive. Nice job.
  • alanek1alanek1 Member Posts: 33
    Great deal. Can you tell me where you you got it?

Thanks
  • laurenzilaurenzi Member Posts: 2
    you can't get both.
  • tom8888tom8888 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote of $10000 off MSRP on leftover 07's A6's from The Collection here in Miami. Just got a car there for my daughter earlier, this is really tempting.
  • jkass02jkass02 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Florida, I would be interested in knowing the sales persons name, I am in the markey for an a6

Thanks
  • audibmwdrvraudibmwdrvr Member Posts: 1
    Just got 7800 off list on a black a6 S line 3.2 quattro navi
    in Charleston SC
    Paid 47600

dealer also had a Fwd 3.2 in white for 39,900 (4400 off)

Atlanta audi dealers showing 10K off some 2007 new a6s on ebay, but not the ones I wanted
  • snakesndafieldsnakesndafield Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased, after much hand wringing, internet searching and car salesman time wasting, a CPO A6. The car I ended up buying was clearly the best deal I saw during my search using mostly web based sources; autotrader, cars.com etc. Here it is: 2006 A6 S-line. 5600 miles. Nav/tech package, black with ebony interior for $38,500. More car than I hoped to get. Could have gotten into one for a few grand less but not even close to those features. In Chicago at Fletcher Jones.
  • sgraham1sgraham1 Member Posts: 1
    For the first time I bought instead of leasing. When Audi dealers were quoting me leasing prices in the low 700s for moderately equipped A6s - it made me say - I might as well buy the car. The deal: MSRP: 56670, I paid 49700. Pkgs: Conv, Tech, Prem, Cold Weather, Heated Steering Wheel, 18" rims, Amaretto Premium Leather seats. Thanks to this site I found out about the huge discounts. I went through a week of hell trying to find the exact color combo (White/Amaretto) but I love it. MMI makes me feel this car was custom made for me.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Snakes, maybe the reason why the great price is that an S Line 3.2 is a rarity and 3.2 buyers won't usually pay up for the S Line?

Incidentally, what meaningful things do you get with the S Line package? I know that in '08 the Sport Seats are standard with the S Line, but not earlier.
  • jkass02jkass02 Member Posts: 2
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has had these experiences? I have been working with a dealership in Tx. On an Audi A6 05 certified 20,000 miles. $36,000
    all the toys, Nav. Etc.

I was sent the Business App. by email. Applied with a business thats 3.7 yrs old and inc.ed for 1.6 years
    D&B is great 80 paydex
    and we have well over 100K in CC and lines of credit with low ultization. They came back with wanting 2 yrs autied Finanicals which are very expensive.

I PG'ed with Transunion 680, ex. 650, equifax 779

I look at me Credit file today to find my credit hard pulled 5 times. I signed an app. to allow VW credit to investigate my credit. NOT
    VW credit
    VW credit inc.
    The porsche store
    porsche STR
    Porsche store anyone else have this experience?

Why are they doing thsi when I did not give them permission to pull all these times? :mad: :surprise:
    To keep people out of my financial documents, I pay cash. Its just easier. I suggest you do the same.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who have been shopping for a European vehicle (BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Audi or others) and have found them to be more expensive because of the Euro exchange rates. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 1, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
  • buddybradbuddybrad Member Posts: 36
    It sounds like people are getting outstanding deals on leftover '07s, but has anyone bought an '08 yet? Reading this topic, folks received anywhere from $3.2K to $8.5K off of an '07 sticker. What can I expect to get off on a '08 A6 3.2Q?

Getting the car for below invoice seems very unlikely to me, but my last 2 cars were Bimmers and getting one of those for $1K over invoice is doing pretty good.

Then there's the question of Extended Warranty and Extended Maintenance. The salesman said warranty is $1300 depending on the package and maintenance is $690 which just equals BMW's included maintenance. Has anyone negotiated a better deal or bought these from an Internet dealer?
  • ct_audict_audi Member Posts: 6
    2008 A6 3.2 Quattro w/ Premium, Technology, Navigation, IPod connectorMSRP: $54,815 Gross Sale Price: $52,100 Audi loyalty rebate: -$1,500 Audi Care prepaid maintenance: +$590Net Sale Price: $51,173 :shades: Invoice: $51,475 ($42,900 base + $7,300 options + $775 destination charge + $500 for Audi dealer advertising payments)
    I am not currently aware of any holdbacks or dealer support on the 2008 model year since they haven't been in showrooms for very long yet...
  • lemondmbzlemondmbz Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a year end closeout on a:

2007 A6 3.2 Quattro w/premium, convenience, navi, audi music interface, 18" wheels w/all season tires

Sticker: $52,865
    Invoice: $48,754
    Negotiated to: $44,500

How did I do?
    Sounds like a mighty good deal to me...

Congratulations, enjoy the car!
  • mynew_audia6mynew_audia6 Member Posts: 2
    FYI... for anyone who is looking to purchase a new 2007 A6 model.

I got a deal for $37.300 which is $10.5K below MSRP $47,800. I did a search on Google "2007 audi a6 discount" and it came up with a link to Craigslist. I called the dealer and got what I was looking for. I also got pre-approved by Capital One, but they beat the rate by more than .5 point. More money saving there.

I saw a $10K off of a loaded Quadro with MSRP $51,???. But it was silver and over my budget so I got the car below instead.

2007 A6 3.2 FWD
    Pre. Pkg
    Conv. Pkg
    Pre. Leather
    Lojack

Good luck!!!
  • dudemichdudemich Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a high mileage 2002 A6 quattro (it's closing in on 110,000 miles). I checked the edmunds page for it's value given the miles and its options, and it seems like the price is o.k (around $12,000). My issue is that because the car is over 100,000 miles, the dealer will give absolutely no warranty and the purchase would be completely at my own risk if something were to go wrong. I always thought that at least some sort of warranty was standard when buying a used car. When I test drove the vehicle I noticed some of the same transmission issues that I have seen other people posting on this site about their A6 (i.e. - it's hard to get a smooth acceleration from a stop going up through to second gear and on slow deceleration, such as pulling into a parking lot, it bucked). The dealer has mentioned getting the price to around $10,000 to offset my discomfort over the lack of warranty. Does anyone have any insight into this situation? Should I avoid the car like the plague or is the transmission thing a non-issue and the gamble without a warranty worth it?
    My 2 cents: if busting out a few thousand to fix an issue is a big problem, then I'd stay away from an Audi out of warranty. I absolutely love my car but wouldn't trust it to not have some issue at that high mileage that would be costly to repair. FWIW, no one will warranty a car over 100K that I know of.

If you do choose to buy it, 1st take it to a local independent German mechanic and have them give it a thorough once over. It will be worth the small cost to have it done.

Good luck.
  • 1rodnoib1rodnoib Member Posts: 2
    I am considering the current deal of $549/month for Quattro A6 with Prem. Pack. for 10k. a year. I need to add 5k miles a year and was told that would increase the payment $80 month. Anybody else checked this out and if so how did your price compare? Thanks -
  • hearthawkhearthawk Member Posts: 9
    I just wanted to acknowledge the great resource this forum has been to my recent car-buying experience. I have purchased a new '06 Audi Avant 3.2 wagon with premium package for $41,000 (sticker was $51,700). After the first 1000 miles, all is well. Gas-mileage is a little under what I expected, but hopefully will improve.
    This is my second Audi (1999 A8 with 150,000 miles). I have been using 87 octane fuel (regular unleaded) in the '99 for the past 24 months without any noticeable performance issues or maintenance problems. Any thoughts/experience on using lower octane fuel in the newer models. Thanks again. Looking forward to any feedback.
    Lower octane will reduce your mileage, so you're not saving anything by being cheap at the pump. Use 91 or better and you'll always get the best mileage.

The new 3.2 with the FSI get's pretty good mileage. Even on my 06 4.2 V8, I can get over 25mpg on the hwy. The 3.2 should get you 27-28 on the hwy.
    Thanks for the info. I have seen a little better mileage with this last fill-up about 24 mpg using 91 octane. I appreciate the feedback.
    Also wondering if anyone has experience with adding navigation system. It wasn't availabe at the time of purchase, but might be nice to have.
    Anyone aware of a web site or store that sells some of the Audi accessories such as roof base carrier bars at discount. I haven't found a site other than Audi dealer of Audiusa.com. Thanks
    Nav can be added, but it's quite expensive with parts and installation. It's probably 2200-2400 to get it done. The factory price was around $1600.
  • durden1durden1 Member Posts: 2
    What are the current money factor and residual that should be expected on an S6?

Thanks.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Does anyone know whether fulltime students can get approved by Audi financial for a A6 without a Co-Signee?
  • rsalomonrsalomon Member Posts: 1
    I was driving my 2000 Audi A6, 2.8, V8 and all of the sudden if felt like the transmission went into neutral. I stepped in the gas and it did not move a bit but not like it normally does. Is my transmission damaged? I've heard that sometimes the transmission computer acts up and you need to re-set it. I've also heard that you can not service Audi transmissions because they are sealed. Has anyone experieced this? Can you please tell me about your experience? Thanks.
    Try posting your question on the Audi A6 maintenance and repair message board.