Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Good idea, kgary!

Here is a link: Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fchin1fchin1 Member Posts: 4
    do you mind e-mailing me the contact at the Collection? I was interested in that car and that would help me out a lot,
    Thanks
  • kolaskolas Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a certified 2006 Audi A6 4.2L quattro, premium pkg (standard), nav system, 34K miles for $39,000. The dealer said it was "marked down that day" from 45K. How did I do? :D
  • hmbchmbc Member Posts: 3
    hi everyone-

hoping to get some advice-
    this car has 17k miles with the sport and prem. packages included. The carfax is clean- no accidents.

I am going in with financing already- do you think I could get them to 29k- no trade as I am turning in a A4 lease.

Also any other advice is welcome!!!

Thanks
  • gsjivgsjiv Member Posts: 18
    hello - in GA, currently have an A4 1/2 through 36 month lease w 36k miles allotted. I have 8k miles on it and near perfect condition. i would lie to upgrade to an a6 but dont want to put down any $ or pay much more per month.

strategies/reality issues? my thinking is since my car has 1/2 the use they can make $ on it quickly and get me in a lease for 3 more years.

is this doable? what should i ask for and expect?

thanks!!
    Here is the link for all of the A6 discussions..

Don't know how many modders hang out in there, though...

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• doctorrobdoctorrob Member Posts: 2
    Well I got my 02 Ming Blue 4.2 for $18,500. It has the sport package and 46K on the odometer. I love driving it and the triptronic shifters on the wheel are a blast. My friends 05 S4 is more fun, but I can carry two 6'3' friends in the back and carry on a conversation, so it has its advantages. I have opened up the exhaust and put a K&N filter on the intake, does anyone know where to get a CAI for the 4.2? And does anyone know of a forum for A6 mods. I bought this car to work on and I seem to be having trouble finding people who are doing the same. I am in Richmond VA, is anyone has a clue. Thanks
  • jam550jam550 Member Posts: 10
    Hello all,

Great insights on this board - I am hoping to just get to the bottom line and have folks list out what I should expect to pay to lease an A6 Quattro in Charlotte, NC. I will be looking for the base car with 36 months / 12k miles per year.

Please let me know what my target cap cost should be when I speak to the dealers. Thanks!
  • colonotecolonote Member Posts: 7
    I'm considering buying an A6. I saw on a post about a $3,500 factory incentive to the dealer. Is that still in effect? If so, should I be looking for a price under invoice? What are the buy and lease incentives now? Thanks in advance.
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    The $3500 has expired. The amount is now $2500 and 1st payment on leases. There is only incentives on leases at this time.

-Jerry
  • gouclagoucla Member Posts: 33
    audi dealer here in NorCal told me tonight there is $1500 loyalty cash available for existing audi customers, so looks like there is $4000 total cash + 1st lease pmt.
  • srynsryn Member Posts: 29
    Where do you find the latest information on available incentives - both Manufacturer - customer and Manufacturer - dealer?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately the Audi Financial incentives/rates/residuals are not made available to the general public. Forums and message boards with sympathetic dealership personnel posting is probably the easiest way to get this information
  • colonotecolonote Member Posts: 7
    Does the lease incentive also include waiving the Audi Lease acquisition fee of $595?
  • srynsryn Member Posts: 29
    Is it generally the case with regard to leases that the money factors/interest rates and residual values are determined by the manufacturer's financing company? In other words, is selling price about the only component over which the dealer has discretion?
    The answer to your question is yes and no....

In regards to the residual: dealer has no control

In regards to the money factor: the dealer has no control on the "buy-rate" but does have control on the "sell-rate". A dealer has the option to mark-up the money factor for profit. Very often, when someone has a sell price too good to be true, the dealer is marking up the rate to compensate for the loss on the "front-end" and making it up in the "back-end"
  • audi123audi123 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for an A6 3.2 Quattro. I'm ready to buy but am having a hard time with Audi not currently providing any factory to dealer incentives or low finance rates. BMW is willing to waive charges for a Premium Package on a 528xi ($2,185) via a factory to dealer incentive as well as provide 2.9% financing for 60 months.

Anyone out there know of any anticipated non-lease incentives that will be offered on the A6 in the coming weeks/months?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    In previous years, June/July was a time that Audi had some dealer cash to move year end inventory and offer to customers

But because 08's are still being built and the 09 won't appear on dealer lots until December or so, Audi seems to be holding off on dealer cash and pushing the 0 down lease special for the time being.
  • slaforslafor Member Posts: 1
    Considering lease 12,000 mile/yr x 3 years.
    Listed at 53900 discounted to 52000
    1500 first month including title,reg and 1st month
    885/month
    Anyone with recent lease numbers?
    Thxs
    slafor
  • jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    Sounds high to me. Check out the leasing forum. There's a bunch of information there.

I don't know if the leasing deals include the avant, so it may not be apples to apples. But for the sedan, Audi is offering $2,500 cash to the dealer (which they won't want to disclose so you'll have to raise it) -- which is leading to sales at $2,000 below invoice. Audi also is paying the first month, waiving the security deposit and rolling the acquisition fee into the cap cost. And there is a highly subsidized MF of .00018 -- which equates to less than 1/2%.

All told, you can get the sedan for no cash down and less than $650 a month (for 10,000 miles).

If they won't deal, Mercedes is offering the E350 4matic wagon at 1.9% financing for 72 months -- and the model is changing next year so dealers are anxious to move their stock.
  • kermitpbkermitpb Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote for an '08 A6 (3.2 q; daytona grey ext.; s-line ext.; s-line int.; premium pkg; tech pkg; nav pkg.; ipod) of $51.4k. After dealing w/wildly different quotes from Audi dealers in NY tri-state area, don't know if this is a fair quote. Any opinions?
  • sn_kumarsn_kumar Member Posts: 7
    I have received Quote from PA dealer for 49,400.00.
  • dave174dave174 Member Posts: 25
    Think I got a fair deal for the following
    A6 3.2 quattro AWD
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    S Line Pkg
    Nav System
    19" wheels
    Sport Suspension
    Music interface
    State taxes, license fees etc not included
    for $46,700 and .9% APR

Appears to be a fair deal
    Hi,
    Can I know the dealer name ? I am also in the process of buying. Your information will be a good help.

Thanks
  • dave174dave174 Member Posts: 25
    sure, Audi Mission Viejo Calif. Brian H, excellent
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75
    All:
    Got a quote today in NY. 2008 A6 Quattro 3.2.Grey/Black With Premium and navigation. Without negotiations they offered 0.9% for 60 months and 43,500. I figure I can get them down at least 500 more, but am hoping for 42K final. Any thoughts??
  • bagelguybagelguy Member Posts: 12
    Working on a lease in NY for the same car plus climate pkg and Ipod. $42,000 is do-able if they have the car in stock.
    The dealer just called me back and backpeddled saying that since I want the 0.9% financing that the price will be 44.9K. Hmmm. He says that it is either financing rate or rebates. Got to go read the website again!! I guess we will have to wait and see, but I have a mother of an Ace up my sleeve, that I'll drop on him at the dealership, but will leave that part out for now. ( You never know who else is reading this!!)
    Ok, It's a done deal. The initial dealer that quoted me the price was woefully misinformed, and did not even have the car I wanted, His 44.7K was for a car with only Premium and nothing else. ( Classic Audi White Plains)
    Finally I got in touch with the people at Mohegan Lake Motors (westchester) and will a bare minimim of negotiations I got :
    A6 Quattro AWD 3.2
    Enhanced Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Ipod Interface
    Black/Black
    Total 47.5K
    BTW was quoted 48.3K for the same car at New Country Audi in Greenwich, and gave them a multitude if chances to match the price, but......... Hell, New Country is right around the corner from me so I'll def use them for service :P
  • justin12justin12 Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking at an 05 A6 with 29500 miles on it with basically all packages on it. The dealer's price is $32,995 which is really high. TMV is at $29,900 in mint condition. I'm thinking of offering $28,500. Does anyone have any opinions on what these cars are going for especially with the new body style coming out?
  • jms8090jms8090 Member Posts: 30
    Could use some help with the purchase of a leftover '08. I've been to several dealerships and have seen window stickers on A6's showing "Value Enhancement Credit" of -$5150.00
    I was told that Audi is giving this amount off of cars to move them and that all of the window stickers were "re-printed" to reflect this credit. From what I understand, this credit basically offsets NAV, premium pkg., etc. Can anyone tell me if the invoice price of the car is now $5150 cheaper? Should I then be negotiating at a much lower number and take off another $2500 as incentive? I'm a bit confused as there seems to be many different numbers out there. Also, I'm waiting to see what the new incentives are for these cars as of today (9/3/08). There is nothing currently under the incentives category as I'm sure it takes a bit of time to get the info.
    I bought new 2008 a6 with premium pckg., tech pckg , nav, cold weather pckg, lane assitent, iPod for 49100.00 on road (incl. Tax, titles, Reg ). It is in VA. Hope this might help you.
  • gscottnelson1gscottnelson1 Member Posts: 9
    Here are my thoughts -

I saw this afternoon the same "Value Enhancement Credit" for the same amount. What I saw afterwords, is that when I build the A6 on the Audi USA website, there is no option for the navigation system or the premium package. In fact the items in there are listed as "standard equipment" for the A6 FSI CVT. I know this was not always the case - premium package & navigation were listed as options in the BTO section about 6 months ago - what happened? :confuse:

Also on the Website, it says that the 2009 A6, will be introduced in "Winter 2009" That means that the A6 will be carried for some months to come.

My theory here, is that because they are going to carry the 2008 A6 "as is" through early 2009, they are including Navigation & Premium package on all new deliveries so they don't need to drop the price like crazy.

Any thoughts on this?
  • jms8090jms8090 Member Posts: 30
    O.K., so this makes some sense as the Premium Pkg. and the Nav seem to ad up to $5150. So, do I just assume that the car should sell for invoice minus $2500? If so, what is the invoice now? Do we assume that Audi is "giving away" the premium pkg and nav?
    Or, am I to believe that the car has a lower invoice price (-5150) and then begin negotiation beginning with taking $2500 additional off of the price of the car. I am trying to back in to a selling price for a 3.2 Quattro. Still a bit confused. Thanks!
  • quazi27quazi27 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

I just bought an Audi A6 Quattro with the Premium Package, Navigation and Ipod interface.....I paid $41k out the door after everything...

Thoughts?
  • rizzotreemanrizzotreeman Member Posts: 14
    Justin12 - about 2 months ago, i purchased a 2005 A6 3.2quattro with 22.4k miles CPO, silver/black. The car is equipped with nav/prem/conv/parktronic. The dealer was asking for 31.5k, and we eventually settled at 30.2k which was right about TMV at the time. I probably would have tried to negotiate harder, but frankly had a hard time finding this exact color combo with NAV, oddly, so I was willing to pay a bit more than what I otherwise would have pushed for, particularly given the low mileage. Hope that is helpful.
  • davidkehdavidkeh Member Posts: 1
    Will you share name and location of great VA dealer? My best quote in MD on a A6 3.2 quattro w/prem, tech, nav, lane [non-permissible content removed]'t., prem paint, and ipod is right at invoice. Anyone finding quotes below invoice for CASH deals?
    It is tysons audi. I was getting quotes with lot of dealers and took the best one and went to tysons and that guy beat all. I got it for a6 49117.00 on the road price with 0.9% apr for 60 months from audi financials.
  • gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27
    Have the new Sept Incentives come out for a buy on 2008 Audi A6 4.2 models? I was hoping they I would be able to combine the cheap financing and cash back now.
  • peichenpeichen Member Posts: 4
    sounds like a very good deal, even better than the 2009 A4, could you please provide some details if possible? did you pay just around $36k-$37k for the car ?
  • a6apa6ap Member Posts: 2
    Please evaluate:

New 2008 A6 3.2 quattro
    Phantom Black Pearl Exterior
    Premium Pkg
    S Line Pkg
    Nav System
    MMI Package
    17" wheels
    Sport Suspension

for $788/mo......on a 36 month lease @1.62 % APR with $2000 down.

This deal is from SONNEN AUDI, San Rafael - CA. The most important reason for me buying the car from Sonnen Audi was the salesperson (Jay). He is extremely meticulous and knowledgeable .......and he also tried his best to nail a good deal for me.
    I am still not sure about the "deal" that I recieved.........but the service that I have recieved so far is undeniably "Top Class".
    I think it is not a good deal. I got a quote for my local dealer in MD with premium ,NAV, tech pckage with 12k miles for 567 permonth with 3k down. But I ended up buying since I got better price and 0.9 apr. In VA dealer.
    What was MSRP on your deal? I have been trying to buy a 2008 A6 4.2 MSRP 63,915. Dealer will sell for 52,465, but will not combine with the .09 financing. Is there anyway to combine the selling price they are giving me with the financing?
    I bought it last week of Aug. It is black with nav, tech, premium , cold weather pckge, iPod , lane assitent for 49,100.00 inclusive of taxes , titles, Reg.
    That time audi has.9 apr.
    Thanks do you happen to remember your MSRP or was that your MSRP? Thanks, Greg
    I belive the original msrp on the window sticker was around 55k
  • a6apa6ap Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was $53,500....I negotaited the cost and the best they could come up was a monthly installment payment of $788 (I added Audi Care to it and total payment is $809).....inclusive of taxes, fees, interest rate (1.62%) etc
  • dchellerdcheller Member Posts: 6
    Pretty loaded 2008 A-6 - Nav, Prem Package, Cold Weather Package, IPod... MSRP $48,100 - Leasing for 42 month, $630 per mo, all in (tax, etc.) Good, bad or fair?
  • dchellerdcheller Member Posts: 6
    Is this something that is worth buying? It's $650.
    Does that extend the included maintenance to 4yr/50K? If so, it's a bargain...

Ever see a service bill for a Euro import?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator