Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 V70 Prices Paid

1234568»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may be the exception that proves the rule... but, answer me this:

Your wife? Would she rather have an XC90 or an XC70? :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kmausskmauss Member Posts: 72
    Really? Ever since I got interested in them and started looking and noticing, I'm seeing TONS of them around. Now to be fair, this is Pennsylvania, land of harsh, snowy, icy winters, so there are probably more AWD's and FWD's here than some parts of the country anyway.

I do have to agree with another poster than women tend to like SUV's better than wagons. I guess I'm kind of the exception -- I've been looking for something that does everything an SUV does but does it better and isn't an SUV.

I haven't had the chance to look around much since I made my initial posts back in July, but so far an XC70 is still at the top of my wish list. I did go look at the Subarus but they just didn't "do it" for me. There are a number of other things I will eventually go and look at but this is most definitely the direction I am leaning.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    Well... she likes the 70, but the 90 was one of her dream cars for quite a while, and now that she has one, she is holding onto it for all she's worth.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• mvosburghmvosburgh Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in buying a used toyota from a reputable dealer. I was told that due to an increase in stolen vehicles from their lot, that all vehicles are window etched when they arrive at the dealership. Unfortunately they pass on that cost to the consumer to the tune of $369!!!!! Any ideas on how to handle this anti theft cost refusal in a polite yet firm manner?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    "Gee, I don't think I should have to be part of your insurance plan."

"Gee, I don't think I want to do business with a dealership that is in such a marginal area of our town"
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    You are basically correct.
    Thanks, max... now, say that again a little louder... so my wife can hear you.. :P

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    AAA does it for $25. Tell them you will give them $30.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Volvomax -- saw a Xc70 yesterday and have it on my list. Have two years left on my murano lease. Nice car but a wagon may suit us better. Hyothetically -- if I were to negotiate a deal with you for a new/low mile used unit in 2011 and drove to texas to get it -- could I trade in the murano if i had a month left on the lease? Sign the papers and drive back home with a few stopovers for golf?
  • slance66slance66 Member Posts: 22
    >My take on it? Women hate station wagons, and love SUVs.. If it rides up high like a truck, you can sell almost any piece of crap... but, if it rides a little lower and looks like a wagon, you can't give it away.. big seller. The new one isn't selling b/c (1) quality issues and (2) stupid design. By stupid design, I don't mean the style, which is very nice...a nice update. Instead I mean that that they made it 400 lbs heaver and gave it a less useful engine, while decreasing space. What were they thinking?

2007 MPG 18 / 25
    2009 MPG 15 / 23

Rear Legroom
    2007 35.20
    2009 34.60

Front Legroom
    2007 42.60
    2009 41.90

More power...same torque, but look at the RPMs needed to make it. This is one reason for the MPG hit.
    Horsepower 208 @ 5000 RPM 235 @ 6200 RPM
    Torque (lb-ft) 236 @ 1500 RPM 236 @ 3200 RPM

While folks at BMW were making a 5 series that was bigger, roomier and lighter weight, the Volvo got smaller and heavier. Take that, add quality issues with the new model, and you have a sales problem.
  • bobofitbobofit Member Posts: 1
    My sister and I were on vacation in Washington DC when our beautiful V70 required its scheduled maintenance. Being on vacation, we debated whether to trust a dealer other than our own with out beloved V70. We decided to try Fairfax rosenthal Volvo came in without an appointment expecting to be turned away and end up with nothing, but we were surprised. They got our V70 in and we even got a loaner car, a rarity among other Volvo dealers considering very few dealers even have loaners anymore. Our car was done quickly and we picked it up the next day. In addition, we walked around Fairfax Volvo's sun-filled showroom and admired models newer than ours, we came back from our vocation in compelete high spirits and ready to tackle the world.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    The new XC70's may not be selling as well as expected but to blame it on fractional (e.g, less than an inch) differences in leg room doesn't make much sense. Rather we can look to a world wide recession that has hit the Volvo demographic fairly hard. (What the Volvo demographic? Probably college educated couples in their mid 30's to 50's working in white collar jobs other than financial services and medicine. How am I doing, Volvomax?)

We might also look to a shift in brand emphasis. Volvo must find it hard to claim the safety "space" since it probably is no safer than any other electronic stabilizer equipped mid range car. So, what is left? Scandanavian design and packaging, coupled with some decent pricing.

We have a new 2009 and enjoy it a lot. For the money these things can't be beat.
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Is anyone still posting here?

I am tentatively in the market for a new car, have driven the XC70 (which the salesman was really pushing) and want to drive the XC60 as well. What's stopping me from pulling the trigger - mileage, plain and simple. The poster above who talked about the difference in mileage between the '07s and the '09s hit the nail on the head. We have a 10 year old Maxima GLE that gets about 20 around town, 26 or 27 on the highway. I don't want to trade into a new car that gets worse mileage than the old car.

I wish Volvo did better with their mileage across their lineup. Only their V50 and V70 come close to my old Maxima in mileage, but I did not like the delayed throttle response that seems to be typical of their wagons.
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Member Posts: 45
    I am still here but haven't posted. I have the 08 and it just turned over 10,000 miles (We bought it new a year ago. It was left on the lot for some reason but we got a great deal). If you look at the weight difference between the XC70 and any other car close to it, the XC is heavy! That is the killer in the gas mileage. My wife has about a mile to work and that kills the MPG's (14-15) but on the hiway, I tend to be a lightweight and I can get 22-25 MPG at 65 to 70. I do not consider this bad for what you are getting. I do put in the "better" gas as suggested and it boosts the MPG's slightly but I don't want the computer to be muting it all the time. I tend to be a penny pincher and I would not have bought it but my wife absolutely adores it (Don't get me wrong, I really like it also but I'm more of a Jeep/Corvette guy). When I bought it, I saw over and over, "you bought a premium luxury car, treat it as such, give it the gas it was meant for (If you are worrying about $5 per fill up you shouldn't buy it) and expect maintenance and repair to be expensive. If you don't want to follow it don't buy it. If you want MPG's and space, the Traverse from Chevy seems to give you it all. If you want a unique, cool, upscale wagon, buy the Volvo.
    How about the V70 though as opposed to the XC70?

I drove the V70 today and liked it a lot. Mileage on that is respectable, at 18/25. I also liked the lower load floor as compared to the higher XC60.
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Member Posts: 45
    I don't think you'll go wrong and it's a sharp car. We have used the 4 wheel drive here in chi town and with a couple trips it was as stable as can be, I just hope we never have to repair any of the 4 wheels stuff. Are you looking new? I would drive a used one to see if there's any rattles or quirks that would annoy you later on. I drove a 20,000 mile one and felt a vibration through the gas pedal over bumps but it was the same as what I had on my new one. I will say it's cheaper also than mine. My wife love the looks and more rugged feeling (The V seems to ride smoother). She has had numerous compliments and even one woman wanted to buy hers. I'm a car guy and have had numerous "cool" cars but my wife actually is fired up about it. (Even with the expense and quirks).
    Yes, I'm looking new. Interesting idea about driving a used one to see about any rattles or shakes. You just never know with used cars, though. Perhaps one has been in an accident, maybe the other has been owned by a family with kids who kicked the seats, etc., etc.

There aren't too many V70s left on the lots. There are two (at different dealers) that I'm interested in. One supposedly has premium, convenience, climate and BLISS, according to the salesguy, but on their internet site it says just climate, premium and BLISS. I hope salesguy is right and the website is wrong, as I do want that convenience package.

Found another one where the site does not list the options, but by the MSRP given, I *think* it has what I'm looking for, can't tell for sure.

You would think that dealerships that are clever enough to know people want to see info on their internet sites would be competent enough to actually put up complete descriptions of what packages are on what cars, but sadly, that doesn't seem to be universally true.
    I'm off today to see another Volvo dealer who has a Caspian Blue with Climate, Convenience, Premium, and Sirius radio. No NAV or backup camera. Can the NAV be installed after-market? Is it worth getting, or am I better off getting a portable unit?
  • meshugymeshugy Member Posts: 24
    The factory Nav is outdated and way, way over priced. You can install your own with an OEM screen and use all the latest cutting edge software for a fraction of the price of the factory unit. See: http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=113238&page=4
    Good to know, thanks.

Another question, particularly for any sales guys posting here: I found a car that is very close to what I want about 40 miles away. This is the dealer I'll be going to today.

There is another car that I *think* is exactly what I want (I'm waiting for a confirmation from the sales guy as to options and equipment) but 120 miles away, about 2 1/2 hours driving time. Am I better off driving to that second dealer, IF we can agree on a price by e-mail beforehand, or asking them to do a dealer trade with a dealer more local to me?
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Re NAV, we have built in NAV in our Toyota Sienna and I find it's overly complicated. DK about the Volvo NAV. I have a portable Garmin that works just fine in my Mustang and Saab and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the factory version, plus it's portable. I can't imagine what would make me go for a factory integrated NAV in a car again. Just MHO.

As to to cars on the internet, a buddy of mine has worked as a salesman for a variety of different brands over the years and he tells me that in most cases the on line inventory has to be posted and updated manually, so it's very often incorrect and out of date. I would call first to make sure the car really exists and that it's optioned as described before going to visit a dealer.
    If a dealer knows you are interested in his car, he won't trade it to a dealer closer to you, for them to make the deal..

If you tell your preferred dealer about the car, they may be able to make a trade for it, but make sure you negotiate your price ahead of time. Once you contact the dealer that has the car, the chance of them trading it to someone else is about zero.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• meteop34meteop34 Member Posts: 8
    Are there any incentive programs for May on 2010 XC70 besides 0% APR? I know that in March and April there was around $6,000 cash back based on marketing dollars if the car was financed through another bank. Are there any marketing dollars for May from Volvo?

Thank you.
  • marker70marker70 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I'm thinking of buying/leasing a XC 70 and wanted to get information on what others are paying for this car these days. Thanks!