Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mazda626atxmazda626atx Member Posts: 227
    Congrats . Post prices and options please. I am still looking and deciding . Also let me know dealership , actual out the door price without taxes title and MSRP
  • snap919snap919 Member Posts: 17
    Bought last week 08 Limited V6 Blizzard Pearl
    31,680 MSRP
    27,456 + tax/tags

Had to travel to PA for the color I wanted. So far enjoying it very much!
    BRAVO and Congrats . Can you tell me the dealer and town in Pa . Was it Fitgerald by any chance?

I am NYC and certain parts of Pa would not be prohibitive
  • snap919snap919 Member Posts: 17
    It was in Scranton PA. The dealer was Toyota Scion of Scranton. Check out their web site, they had a lot of inventory. :D
  • emmetemmet Member Posts: 1
    I went to the dealer and they offered me $22500 for the base model of 2009, plus the $120 extra value package and $199 carpet floor mats. and the total OTD would be $24000. Is that a good deal? I'm in Ames, Iowa
  • cres1cres1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, all. This is my first post here. I just bought a 08 RAV4 4X2 LTD V6 today and I wanna share with you my price.
    The OTD price I got was 27000 with 9 optional equipments, including 1500 cash back. The color was everglade, not the one I exactly wanted.
    I am in Chicago. I do not know whether it is a good deal.
    May it help you guys.
    First let me say Thanks for posting.
    Am I correct in the OTD price of $27,000 being after the $1500 cash back ? And not including taxes and Title License etc .
    What were your 9 options and what was the MSRP of the car. Also its a 4x2 not 4x4 correct? I was told they only sold them in Florida, Calif etc not in northern climates where bad weather is a risk.
    Yes, it's after the cash back. But it includes the taxes and the TTL, doc fees.
    Optinal Equipment:
    carpet Floor Mats/Cargo mat 199
    JBL.... 640
    Daytime running light 40
    Power tilt/slide moonroof w/sunshade 900
    Towing Prep Package..... 160
    Wheel Locks 81
    Im sorry it's only six optional equipments. I have no idea how I got the nine equiments. Maybe my maths is too poor.
    It's a 08 4X2 V6 LTD and I have noticed that almost every Toyota dealership in Chicago sells RAV4 of this trim.
    The MSRP is 28125. Oh, this is their last 08 RAV4 of this trim.
    Congratulations again and thanks for the info. It looks like I will prolly have to wait a month or two, so most likely I will be buying a 2009 unless I can still find a 2008 left with what. :)
    Thanks. I think 09 is prettier than 08.
    Good luck.
  • mkzonemkzone Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    Got an offer for 2008 Rav 4 Base Model V4,4wd, Details Below
    MSRP: 24,500
    36 month / 12 k Lease
    500 out of pocket down
    Money factor .00166
    Residual 14,500
    payment $354 / month

Reasonable?
  • mkzonemkzone Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    Any luck yet, I am in norhtern NJ also looking for Rav 4 base model V4 though.
    I have below MSRP: 24500 12k/36month/500 down $354/month
  • rto115rto115 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I just got an offer from a dealer in Westchester for 2008 RAV4, 4WD, 6cyl , 12k/yr- $0 down and $350/mo. I think this may be reasonable. They are willing to discount the '08 models, but not the '09 models yet. Another dealer closer to where I live offered a 2009 RAV4 (4WD, 6cyl, 12K/yr) for $3500 down, $350 a month.

Any thoughts?
  • cyclist_chickcyclist_chick Member Posts: 4
    I haven’t bought a car in 10 years and need help! After emailing dealerships and pawning them against each other, I got a quote of $24,795 plus TT&L for a new 2008 RAV4 LMT, 4X2. Preinstalled with 3rd row seat (a must); extra mile option package D; vehicle shield package; daytime running lights. Is that a good price? I’m in TX. I want to get the price down to $25K including TT&L. Is that reasonable? They’ve got 2.9% financing thru 11/30. Thanks! :)
  • snorlax0930snorlax0930 Member Posts: 6
    Purchase for 2009 Black Spanking New $22900 in Boston Area dealership :) . All we did is send offer by email and dealers start beating deals after deals. This is out the door. Destination and Doc. fees included. But we did not pay tax because im a Oregon state resident. pretty tight. Black RAV4 sport comes with a nice matching pewter 18 inch wheels. (used to be plain silver). the combination color is tight. The best way is to do it online email. save your time going to the dealership. If they dont like your offer then tell them your going to move on and take your money to the next dealer. MSRP on the vehicle is about $27900 then minus $1000 manufacture discount $26900. Do the MATH. Use car buying tips.com website they have a spreadsheet. we offer with 2% profit and minus factory holdback. Our original offer was $23061. Peace out.
  • snorlax0930snorlax0930 Member Posts: 6
    Dont do it, what a rip off. Email other dealship and do this
    2009 RAV4 SPORT AUTO 4 cyl 4x4 - 2% dealer profit
    MSRP $24600
    INVOICE $22386
    $22316 selling + $745 destination = $23061 Offer

we got our deal for $22900 for a sport 4cyl. 4x4 all damn fees included. Tax not included though
    Thanks for the advice and congrats on your sweet ride! I'm reading up on car buying tips.com website; its a wealth of information.
  • kkrtrekkkrtrek Member Posts: 51
    I am interested in an '09 Rav4--in my case, the 4-cylinder 4WD Limited, which has an invoice price (including destination) of $25,518. What I would like some information on is what have people paid for new '09s relative to the invoice price. Anyone getting it under invoice? If so, by how much?

Incidentally, at two dealers today, I was given the chance to see their "invoice," which is more than $1000 above what I think is the actual invoice cost of $25,518. Both stated that they couldn't sell below their (higher) invoice cost, of course, because they are not in business to lose money. I'd really like to get a sense of what people are actually paying for their 2009s.

Thanks.
    At the Edmonds site for the 2009 RAv4 LIMITED the QY extra value option is $1360 and includes the leather plus 3 other options . The LA leather option by itself is $1930 .
    Does anyone know if the leather is the same in the QY option as the LA option . It seems highly unlikely to me that they are the same thing. Maybe they are trying to lower prices but I am very wary of things that look too good to be true.
    Anyone know, please help . Just when I thought I finished my Due Diligence
  • mightylyn1mightylyn1 Member Posts: 3
    We recently purchased an SUV Limited With
    Extra value Pkg 2 includes:
    daytime running lights
    Power tilt/ slide moonroof w/ sunshade
    touch screen w/ navi
    am/fm/cd player
    six speakers
    leather seats surfaces 8 way.
    with all the standards.

Estimated pricing for all this was 27, 564.00

We got it down to 26,800.00
    4- or 6-cylinder?
  • houtex2houtex2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Cyclist, please keep me informed about your purchase. I look for a similar car with 3rd in Houston. All 08 Rav4 Ltd 4x2 built with a lot of options that bring price quite high above 25K+ TTL. I wonder which city are you in? Thanks.
    This was a 2 wheel drive correct ? Also v6 or 4? When you said estimated pricing what do you mean. Invoice or some other ?
    Invoice on the V6 FWD with the QZ package is $27,073 including destination charge ,
    So if that is what you got, you got it for roughly $200 under invoice . Pretty good price .

What area are you in ?
    Enjoy it :)
    I'm also in the Houston area. We ended up with a 2008 RAV4 Base V6 $25000 including TTL. We didn't take the $1,000 rebate and opted for 2.9% financing since the savings would be more in the long run. It has tinted windows, floor mats, 3500 lb tow package, roof rack. We ended up not getting the 3rd row option after viewing the car. The 3rd row just isn't very functional unless it will used for small children. We didn't want alot of bells of whistles like the extra mile package etc. We just want something to carry around a kayak and our bikes :)

Both my husband and I emailed the offers to different dealers. We went to 3 dealerships and finally bought from Sterling McCall. Something we learned was that when you look up the inventory of cars for the dealerships "available" means its part of the virtual pool and the car isn't actually at the dealership. We only priced cars that were "in stock", brought our TMV price sheets with us as well as the names of other dealerships. Before we settled on the price, we called other dealerships who said they couldn't beat the price.

Anyway, good luck to you. We are happy with our new toy :)
    4 cylinder
    Yes its a 2 wheel drive. It is a 4 cylinder. It's based on an invoice from the dealership (consumer sheet). The guy also added the extra value pkg #2 to it. We are located in Miami, FL.
    Thanks for the quick response. It's very good deal at $25000 OTD (you meant including TTL?) with Roofrack, Tow & Tint option. I know that DonMcGill can do special SR (Moonroof) at $1100. We spent couples of day at SM, DonMcGill,...without luck. Did you dealt with internet sale person (Blake) or sale manager? We really want to match your excellent purchase.
    Yes it was $25000 OTD (that includes TTL at 6.25% plus documentation fees). At SM I dealt with the internet sales manager (I don't think I can say the name on here).

Almost all of the dealers started at either 2% above "dealer costs" which isn't the true invoice price or $200 above dealer costs. We went to Fred Haas Country and World and they weren't willing to budge on the dealer costs so we walked. At SM, they started at 2% above dealer costs and I got them down to dealer costs. Then I went through each of the fees on the dealer costs. I had them take out the factory hold back fee (I told them they get this fee from the factory when they sell the car so essentially they are getting this fee twice), the 1% finance fee (they said they finance the cars to get them on the lot and I told them that this was their cost for doing business and its not value added to the car and they took the fee off), I also had them take out the fuel costs fee (I told them I wasn't going to finance 4 gallons of gas for th next 5 years so they took it off).

I got a lot of advice from carbuyingtips.com from a previous post. I hope this helps you.
  • krisg82krisg82 Member Posts: 1
    From DARACARS silver spring MD, I told them the fitzmall price and they matched it, The price is $21,670.00 + 99 proc fee + VA sales tax + tags.
    Your tips are extremely useful, especially for my case with SM. Thanks again & enjoy your car.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    I haven't seen any recent post on a 2009 RAV4 Sport - 4Cyl - 4x4.

I'm looking on Long Island area and I'm seeing MSRP - 27,014, dealers are only offering 25,194 - 25,550 (w/dest).

I think there crazy and told them all keep it.

How much discounting are people getting, and are there any dealer incentives, or financing deals?

Appreciate any feedback.
  • ntxtoyotantxtoyota Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad to find this forum. Here's what I am looking at: 08 V6 Limited Classic Silver with RL running lights $40, TO tow prep $160, T tint $179, DO extra mile D pkg. $1733 ( mats mud guards, etc.), P4 sealant $349. See if this all adds up: $25670 plus $800 delivery/handling plus options of $2461 equals sticker price $28931. I would like to do the 2.9% 60mos option and am thinking of offering $25900 plus TTL. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth market. Thanks for any info.
    PLEASE look at my post 2422. I am BEGGING anyone for information on their 09 purchase costs (excluding TT&L) relative to invoice (including destination). Without knowing the invoice cost, it is difficult to determine what kind of deal you have been offered. I would *guess* the invoice cost on the sport you are describing in around $24,500--but that is just a guess. Can you determine (from Edmunds or elsewhere) the actually invoice cost of the Rav you are pricing and post it.

So far, the one "solid" offer I have in for a RAV 4WD, 4-cylinder with special value package #1 and backup camera. Invoice (including destination) is $25,898. My offer is $27,200--a shocking 5% over invoice price. I sure would like to know what someone else has done relative to invoice, so I get some idea what is feasible to shoot for.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    A lot of our members use fitzmall.com as a baseline price, if they don't have any comparables listed in the Prices Paid forums.

You can search their inventory, and they list the MSRP and invoice of each unit, as well as their no-haggle price..

Most of their '09 units seem to be priced around $2500 off MSRP, for units in your basic price range.

Check it out!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You can get the Invoice and MSRP price right here

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/rav4/2009/index.html

It is accurate and checks out with either Fitzgerald site or 2 other dealers that have sent me offers.

I have been offered invoice at one dealer and $300 below invoice at another.
    You should have no problem getting any model rav today at invoice and prolly up to $300 less.
    Have you not read previous posts ?
    They are prolly lying in their invoice. Use Fitzs or Edmonds as mentioned before , and even that may be high. NO one is buying cars.
    My local dealer is offering me $100 under invoice and I have not even started negotiating with him yet.
    Dealers sell at below invoice all the time, and still make money. Read back for the last 3-4 pages ( not 3-4 posts) and see how they work.
    I have read ALL the posts. I understand what actual dealer invoice is and the holdback. Many of the posts refer to "estimated price," MSRP, or something else that makes it tricky to understand how well the buyers are doing. As I posted previously, the dealers are printing me their two-page "dealer cost" which ADDS the holdback into the price, plus advertising and other miscellaneous expenses I don't even look at. Then they offer to sell at 3% above the phony cost, or about 5% above true invoice.

If you are getting offers to sell to you at below invoice, you're lucky or doing a good job. Fitzmall is offering $300-$400 below invoice on the Limited I am looking for, but out here in Oregon, I am having a difficult time coming within $800 of invoice.
    Hi Cyclist_Chick:

I hope that you really enjoy the ride and still checking this forum for awhile. I got the spreadsheet ready and came to SM dealer tonight but it did not work out. Therefore, I would like to ask you again:

1) T.M.F (Toyota Marketing Fund) ~ $770. I removed this. Did you pay this fee?
    2) PIO (Pre Install Option) Holdback? How about this?
    3) 2% Holdback MSRP? I assume that this fee was taken out?
    4) 1% Finance Fee. You said that this was taken out
    5) Destination/Handling fee ~$740. The spreadsheet tells me it's required?
    6) What is your Dealer profits %?

It would be great if you could list out.

They also asked your "last" name or last 4 VIN# & purchase date to match those options above and I was stuck because the manager could find "Chick" on the list? Would you please help. I learned that you were a new buyer but you picked up and close the business so fast. Thanks a bunch.
    I have the answer to my own question . I just left a dealer and looked at the sticker invoice. They QY package at $1360 dollars includes 4 options that total $3360 and then it says $3360 minus $2000 buying incentive, making the QY $1360.
    Three dealers that I spoke with, including Fitz did not know about this . Some cars have been shipped without this incentive (either QY or QZ ) and have a MSRP $2000 over the exact same car configured with the options listed individually.
    Everyone beware . There are cars out there that were shipped without this $2000 incentive and they will try to sell them to unsuspecting buyers, especially seeing as how they do not know about it themselves.
    So this is really a hidden $2000 incentive Toyota put on car, showing they are having a tough time selling them
    PGP :)
    I ended my quest for a 2009 Toyota RAV4 today, since dealers are not really dealing with these cars. I'm only able to get $400 over invoice and feel there are better deals to be made, and I don't like this "take it or leave it attitude", especially in this market.

I guess a Honda man will always a Honda man, and I'm fine with that!

Ciao!
    My car has the same config + Stow 3rd (~$600). In Houston, they asked for ~$26K (after $1K rebate) + TTL but I did not accept it. Probably you can have it around 25K + TTL after rebate. $25900 + TTL after rebate is not acceptable for 2008. Good luck.
    My experience so far has been similar--although I would be happy to get $400 over invoice. I guess I just do not understand the business model. I don't get why dealers will basically insult you if you offer them $500 over invoice on cars they have sitting in a back, fenced lot not even offered for sale. Only the 2008s are being marketed. So what is it that causes them to turn down $1000+ profit on a car where there are no other buyers because they want to make $2000? I just don't get it.

Guess I need to read some more car buying tips. ;)
    Have you looked at Fitzmall for proof that PA MD dealers are selling 2009 cars under invoice.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/resultsa.asp

Aside from that dealer , have gotten 1 offer for invoice , and another dealer at $350 ( Fitz) under invoice and a local crook that I suspect will not keep his word in some way or another offering $27,900 for invoice of $28,504.

Just in case invoices vary these cars are offered from $2500 to $2990 off MSRP . Where are you and how far from a reasonably competitive market ?
    Have you and everyone read my post # 2443.
    I think there is an important revelation, there about a $2000 incentive that not everyone including salespeople are aware of.
    Makes a big difference in invoice price !
    Yes, I read your post and that was not a factor in my dealings, but what I think these Toyota sales people are thinking, with GM, Chrysler and Ford all in trouble, it makes there products more desirable.

Now, I only buy Japanese cars, currently own Lexus and Honda, but like I said in the previous post, this "take it or leave it attitude" they are playing is not justified in these troubled times. Let's face it, nobody is buying big ticket items!

Even if I was to get a price at invoice or below, Toyota has lost me as a future customer, with the "holding strong" techique.
    Yeah, I've checked out Fitzmall. They are about $450 under invoice on the 4-cylinder, 4WD Limited I'd like--offering it for about $25,850 a bit better equipped than "mine.". Invoice on what I am considering is $26,000. MSRP $28,700. Best offer I have is $26,880, $880 over invoice and about $1800 under MSRP--although that is not the comparison I prefer. Not good enough. Actually, not good at all, in my opinion.
  • markivpmarkivp Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for RAV4 with 3rd row V4 @ 22275, where the invoice price is 22432 with options ...
    I am also getting offers for RAV4 V6 with 3rd row @ 23500 MSRP, where the invoice is 24458 with options -

I am in DC- area ... I need the following information -

1. How are these prices? what should be a reasonable bargain?

2. Does it matter a lot in terms of power between RAV4 V4 and V6. Once in a while I will be using the 3rd row seat and I am only concerned whether V6 will make a lot difference in that case.
    Agreed . I do not know how to get them to be more competitive other than to show them comps in other markets, and try going to sales manager
    Well in my region ( NYC ), they are not being so arrogant. One guy admitted to me he hates selling cars at invoice , but what can he do.
    Cars are not moving, and fixed expenses in NYC area can put dealers out of business fast , so maybe they are more realistic.
    Good Luck
  • ThinkinghardThinkinghard Member Posts: 16
    I am searching for 2009 base model of 4WD 4dr 4-cyl 4-Spd Rav4. The invoice price from Edmunds is 2,0839.

It seems lots of people here got some OTD price with $300-$500 under invoice. But, the lowest OTD price I got from internet quoting is 2,1630 (excluding tax).

I also checked http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/resultsa.asp. there is no internet quote under 21000 for this model.

Does anyone buy this 2009 base model of 4WD 4dr 4-cyl Rav4 recently. What is your price?

I appreciate your answer!!
    :lemon: :confuse: :confuse: