Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Vamsi1Vamsi1 Member Posts: 1
    I am planing to buy 2008 Rav4 Limited 2WD in Chicago. Could any one suggest me the best price without Moon roof & 3rd row seat(No other add-ons).

Thanks
  • GreenLotusGreenLotus Member Posts: 2
    I am in Toronto, am going to buy the 2009 RAV4 Base 4WD. The MSRP is $26,500 and on the road is $32,030. Does anyone knows what should I be paying for this model? If you own the same vehicle, could you please share your buying experiences and how much you paid for it? Thanks in advance.
  • coolblue123coolblue123 Member Posts: 20
    Just brought a 2009 RAV4 AWD Base with QV on a price I felt comfortable in purchasing. It was 23350 OTD w/ mats and wheel locks. Here's a simple breakdown:
    21800 + TT + 99 processing charge = 23350. Thought it was an okay price to price.
  • santoshmanyasantoshmanya Member Posts: 12
    I Just ordered my 2009 Rav4

Here's the deal:
    2009 Silver Rav Base
    Extra Value Package Discount
    Day time running lights
    Third Row 50/50 Split Seat
    Roof rack
    V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System
    Remote Start

OTD cost $25000 including Tax , Tag and Documentation Fees
  • passatonerpassatoner Member Posts: 14
    I made the purchase today. Its a 2009 RAV4 4cyl 2WD Limited with JBL/Bluetooth, Moonroof and Daytime running lights.
    OTD price = $22470 +TTL = $24,624
    So far its driving great. Bluetooth is really cool.
  • NixcarNixcar Member Posts: 4
    Out the door price of $26745 for 09 Rav4 ltd, 4 spd auto, 2WD that includes:

Extra Value 2 package w/Nav system but no backup camera. Comments on the price? Can we do better, considering they have come off the price 3 times and it is now Dec 27 and new year is approaching quickly? Help!
  • hp88hp88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm in New Jersey. Whats the going price for Base Model 4WD, 6 cyl w/possibly 3rd row?

I'd appreciate a quick response since I'm buying before the end of the week.

Thx.

HP.
  • cambridgemgrcambridgemgr Member Posts: 3
    I'm from NJ also looking for a 09 rav4 base AWD 4or6cy(not sure which i should go with)and 3rd row----I'm just starting my look into this. What have you found to be the best price? Thanx for any info!
  • santoshmanyasantoshmanya Member Posts: 12
    Hi Cambridgemgr,

09 rav4 base AWD 4 cyl will cost 25k out the door with tax and tag and documentation from Sansone Toyota, Route 1 NJ.

but, 3rd row is if no use, its uncomfortable and it falls under crush zone.
  • shiloh4shiloh4 Member Posts: 3
    I j ust bought a new 2009 rav4 with nav. The dealer said it was xm ready what we found out was that it wasn't and it would cost 1000 bucks to get it installed but to our dismay the toyota dealer couldn't find what is needed. long story short is we were supposed to get 3 free monts of xm radio but we can't. Is there somebody elde out there with the same problem
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    According to the 09 brochure, the RAV4 Sport V6 is supposed to be available in Pacific Blue and Elusive Blue; but neither are on the website and the dealer didn't even know that these colors are supposed to be available (and cannot locate them obviously). Any ideas what's going on?
  • lmuellerlmueller Member Posts: 29
    Both Pacific Blue and Elusive Blue are on the Toyota website for the 2009 RAV4 Sport. The Elusive Blue is exclusive to the Sport model. If you look at the "Photos & Colors" section of for the RAV4 on the Toyota site, you will see both blues in the 360 views and colors section. The Elusive Blue is a deep dark blue, and the Pacific Blue is more of an electric blue (on my monitor, anyway). The dealer should be able to figure this one out (if not, he doesn't seem too swift!). :D
  • magoonmagoon Member Posts: 32
    Both Pacific Blue and Elusive Blue are on the Toyota website for the 2009 RAV4 Sport. The Elusive Blue is exclusive to the Sport model.

Not if you try to build a Sport V6 with the Sport appearance package. Neither color choice is available to build at the moment. :(
  • zirubakzirubak Member Posts: 1
    Hi. My name is JH baek.
    Actually, I went US a month ago. So I don't know how I can buy good and reasonable price car.

Anyway. I need to buy car. I am interesting Rav4.

I want to buy this one:
    # 2009 Ravo 4 base model
    # third [non-permissible content removed] option
    # white

Could you tell me what is good and best price this model?
    I live in San Diego.

Thank you,
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Hello JH BAEK

There are lots of traps re buying a car in the US, so before you start shopping please check this message out to sharpen your buying skill...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee93eaa/21152!
  • pilotray121pilotray121 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in NY. Just got a qoute from my dealer on my future car.
    Toyota RAV4 2009 (AWD Sport I6) with special value package. OTD $26300.
    Is it a good price? Thx

Ray
  • alex07631alex07631 Member Posts: 9
    Ray,

does $26.3 include NYS taxes and fees? if so please let me know which dealer. You are about 1000 under what i'm finding for the same car.

thanks,
    Alex
  • pilotray121pilotray121 Member Posts: 2
    Alex:

you know that is the RAV 4 I4 not the V6. Is it still a good deal? The dealer is in Queens Long Island.

Ray
  • mazda626atxmazda626atx Member Posts: 227
    I Think you must start your reseach by using the Edmonds site below, to determine your model invoice etc and then add on the options what you are saying is too vague as vehicles come in 2WD and 4WD althought I am quite certain 2 WD cars are only shipped to Florida and california as a rule.
    Here is link to Edmonds

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/rav4/2009/index.html

The fellow that does the internet sales for QUEENSBORO Toyota has offered me a car for invoice pirce if he has it in stock.
    I think you should be carefull as it seems that your comments are a little vauge, and if you are exacting with car salesmen I fear you will get screwed.

Use the Fitzmall site

http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/carfind/resultsa.asp?MODE=NEW

as a starting place and tell your salesman that he should match that price. Mine at Queensboro did and I do not want to mention his name as it is prohibited in the forum but you can find it out by calling them and asking for him.

Let us know how you made out :)
  • residentericresidenteric Member Posts: 14
    What is this $120 value package charge that Toyota forces you to pay? I didn't believe the salesman when he told me but after going to the Toyota.com site, it seems like you have no option to not pay for it.
  • kmg422kmg422 Member Posts: 10
    I am very interested in the RAV4 ltd, though nervous because I have never owned an SUV, currently have a camry, the lease expires in April.

1. do you think I'll notice a difference in the ride?/cargo vs trunk? - thinking about renting one from Hertz for the weekend to try it out.
    2. do you think the dealer can work a deal with my lease now or will they just fold the remaining payments in to my new car?
    3. do you think I might get a better deal waiting until the Spring?

appreciate some insight...thanks.
    you should definitely feel a power difference from a smaller, lighter car unless you're getting a V6. Doesn't look like there's any national incentives right now, it's better to wait until they do. you know you can just test drive one instead of renting
    I did test drive the '08, my problem is that I think all the cars are for the 10 minute zip around the block; I made a big mistake with the vw passat a fews years ago, it was beautiful, but I never got used to driving a german car and could never park the thing correctly..I'm a good driver roots in Queens NY for parallel parking...traded it in after just a year, took a big hit, but was happy to go back to japanese steering..I don't want to make that mistake again so I thought if I had the car for a day or so that would give me a better real life experience, I found that toyota dealerships also rent cars.

You're right, I'm going to wait for some incentives on the '09.
    I'm deciding whether to buy either a Rav4 or CRV. So far my experiences with Toyota sales people have not been positive. For instance, one guy quoted me on the highest priced Base model while they have 6 other cheaper ones. Not just a little cheaper, 2k cheaper without all these unnecessary options they added to the car. Have I not done any homework before I walk into one of them, I would have been ripped off badly. Toyota dealers prices (invoice or sticker) are also the highest within the competition.

I've learned that car sales people are the worst liars and manipulators in the world. Don't believe anything they say. Some places say they will match or beat competition prices, but when you get there they will trash talk other dealers saying their prices are not legit or they don't have the cars. They will show you their invoices which are a couple hundreds higher than the true numbers. And when you compare their brand to another brand, of course they will say theirs last longer and have better resale values.
  • kkrtrekkkrtrek Member Posts: 51
    I have been trying to buy a 4WD RAV Limited for around two months, unsuccessfully. The arrogance of the dealers is astounding. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps it is a Toyota thing. I have never encountered such treatment before. Yesterday we were quoted $25,000 on a 2009 4WD, 4-cylinder RAV Limited. That is a great price, so we were proceeding. Today, oops, we quoted you the wrong car. That wasn't a Limited. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, as the price was very good. Today, they give us their absolute "best Internet price" on a $29,000 MSRP RAV--$28,100. Thanks, that is only about $2,000 over invoice. Toyota sales are down nearly 40% from last year. I don't get it.

I am on the West coast. I am pretty much ready to abandon the RAV search altogether and buy a Subie Forester, my second choice. Don't know what the Subaru dealers are like, but it could not possibly be worse than the arrogance of the Toyota dealers.

BTW, the "invoices" we have been shown are not accurate numbers at all--as was mentioned, many hundred above true invoice.
    My wife got the email and replied "Is that bait and switch, or what?"

Sadly, I think she is right.
    It's sad but true, the sales people are very slick, it's actually why I've had a "life-time" ban on Honda for almost 20 years, I went to purchase my first car and the sales guy wouldn't let me test drive the car until I told him how much I wanted to pay!!

Toyota just offered a lease deal on the '09 RAV4 today, wonder if any more incentives will pop up? My company offers a promotion on many brands including toyota, the final cost supposed to be just above dealer cost, but with all I have read about how the price you see is not really the price you get I'm not sure it's the deal it should be.

The sales people do not like educated consumers...
  • davlmdavlm Member Posts: 2
    ashman4827,
    I live in Houston and saw your post about Sterling McCall. I know you didn't want to post your salesman's name, can you tell me how I can find him/her?

Thanks!
    Cherry Hill Toyota in NJ quoted me via email $22099 for the 09 Base AWD 4cyl if anyone's interested to know. That's not including tax and tag fees.
  • alex07631alex07631 Member Posts: 9
    Ray,

I'm looking v6, but the price sounds about right for v4.

thanks,
    Alex
  • bmull67bmull67 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up '09 Rav4 Limited with Extra Value Package and leather seat package - $25.5K plus tax and tags. Suffolk County, New York.
  • Liang1Liang1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi bmull67

Can you give me more information about the car you get? Is it 4WD or FWD? V6 or L4?
    I would like to buy a car in the same area.
    Yeah bmull67,

Is that a FWD or 4WD? Thanks.
    I too am looking for a RAV 4 in your area. Firstly I think they do not ship FWD cars to our area so that should answer one of the other peopls questions
    But which packeage did you get the QY or QV and is it a V6. If so could you give me the name of the dealership

TIA and congrats on you new car
  • bmull67bmull67 Member Posts: 2
    Rav4 Limited 4x4 EVP (QY) plus leather seats. Atlantic Toyota in Amityville.
    Thx for the quick response .
    The QY Extra value package includes leather seats QY:
    "Includes daytime running lights, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, JBL AM/FM stereo, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback capability, integrated XM satellite radio receiver with 90-day trial subscription, hands-free phone via Bluetooth and 9 JBL speakers including subwoofer, leather seating surfaces, 8-way adjustable power driver's seat with power lumbar support, driver and front passenger heated seats and 120V AC power outlet. NOT AVAILABLE with TH.

Did you get any other options like the , TO BC ?
    and I assume it is the 4 Cylinder engine.
    AM I correct because if I am not that would be an exceptionally good price ?
    If it is the 4 clylinder with only the QY package the invoice price according to Edmunds is $25,777

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/toyota/rav4/101042921/optionsresults.html?action- =2

so you got it for $277 below invoice which I think is a very good deal .

I will contact the dealer
    Thx again
  • quinn56quinn56 Member Posts: 1
    01/09 I purchased a silver 2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport for $25,200.00 out the door. I made this offer at two separate dealerships; Concord Toyota, CA and Walnut Creek Toyota, CA and they both accepted. I ended up purchasing it from Walnut Creek Toyota, CA. I had a very good experience at Walnut Creek Toyota. They were very nice and helpful.
  • BeetBeet Member Posts: 4
    The QV as a package idea is completely idiotic.

Toyota really should decide whether it thinks the 17-inch wheels and roof rack come standard or not. If they do, sell the RAV4 with the $120 price baked in and point out the 17-inch wheels are identical to the CR-V, and roof rack is a plus over the CR-V.

For me, this whole options mess is what makes buying from Toyota difficult and has made me go back to Honda time and time again.
    How come the Camry has a $1500 manufacturer's rebate while the Rav4 does not?
    I believe the 17 inch wheels come standard on the Limited at least, and possible the Sport

I dont know if they are standard on the Base The QV package does not come with the Limited.

``Are you saying 17 inch wheels come with all the Honda CRVs?
    I am not familiar with the Honda at all
    Base CRV has 17" steel wheels standard
    Not to mention the stuff they added to the car might not be an interest to everybody.
  • ramarulramramarulram Member Posts: 7
    Hi Guys,
    I bought the Black 2009 Rav4, Sport, 4WD, 4Cyl with extra value package for $24,400 OTD. This price includes everythin (title, tax, etc)
    I bought this car in First week of December '08 at a dealer in Boston, MA.

Do you think this is a good deal for this price?

Thanks in advance.

Ram
  • dpomakdpomak Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm really cheap and wanted to know if this is a good deal. A base model 4 cylinder Rav4 with thrid row seating, daytime running lights, and 17 inch alloy wheels for 22,500 OTD. Let me know.

Thanks. If it is, I will buy tommorrow.
  • cambridgemgrcambridgemgr Member Posts: 3
    Yes. thats a great price for that configuration.- espec. w/ including tax/title/etc!!
  • SilkroadDriverSilkroadDriver Member Posts: 1
    Which year is it? If it's 2009, it's a good deal. Where did you get? Thank.
    It was a 2009 base model. I didn't get it. The dealer did not honor the quote he gave me on the phone. He personnally told me that it was a sales technique they use to get people to come into the dealership. He wanted 24,200 OTD for it. I just didn't want to deal with them since they were dishonest. I don't know what other sales trick they might have under their sleeves. I'm going to wait for Toyota to put out some REBATES before I purchase the vehicle.
    I just purchased a Blizard Pearl V6 Rav4 with third row seating for $29,200 OTD. The vehicle included the TH and QY package. The priced I paid included tax and DMV fees. So I basically paid $27,250 for the car. The rest was for tax and DMV fees. I live in Stockton CA, so the tax was at 8%. I was going to wait for Rebates, but who know when they will offer them again. I did not purchase my car from Toyota Town in Stockton. I drove 30 miles away and purchased my car from MODESTO TOYOTA. The service I received was great. It was the best experience I had purchasing a vehicle. They worked with me and the sales person kept nagging his manager to lower the price on the vehicle for me. The manager came out and asked for 29,765 OTD. I told them I could only afford 29,000. But I settle to paid 29,200 OTD. I belive I got a good deal. So if you are in the market for a new or use vehicle and you live in the Central Valley in California, try Modesto Toyota. From my experience, I felt like they want your buisness, not like the other dealership thinking they are selling vehicles like hotcake in today market and in actuality they are selling struggling to keep afloat. I know that they are in the buisness to make a profit, but the dealership in my town wanted 2 thousand dollars more for the same vehicle.
    I purchased a silver RAV4 FWD base model from City Toyota this Satuday for $22508 OTD. Dealer would have lowered the price to $22200 for the red (ad vehicle) but wanted $300 extra for any other color.

Car came with QV package plus the floor mats. I dealt with the internet manager so the process was a lot smoother than our last car purchase.
  • andy67andy67 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2009 Rav4, Base, 4WD, 4Cyl with extra value package (FE, QV&TH options) in Central Virginia. I was wondering what are people paying OTD for this vehicle in Virginia and are there any comments on the third row seat option--useful or not?

Thanks in advance.