Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kodak_jackkodak_jack Member Posts: 6
    The latest I've heard, second hand, is the pedal is a smoke screen. The real problem is in a program/ chip in the computer!! Why would a gas pedal problem suddenly cause you to increase in speed without any input from you?!!!! :confuse: If it IS a glitch, then it would affect all of us, not just American made vehicles, right? Do they make the real fix while you're waiting for them to fix a bad peddle?
  • hidalgo007hidalgo007 Member Posts: 7
    Toyota announced $1000 loyalty bonus plus 0% Apr for 36 months on 2010 Rav4 after the accelerator recall. Best offer I am getting for 2010 Rav4 Base 2WD 2.5L 4 Cyl is $20600 (inclusive of $1000 loyalty bonus) +TTL. Is it a good price for this trim ? Thanks for your input.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    We went to test drive a RAV4 last night. We figured we could use this negative PR to our advantage and negotiate a deal on a vehicle that most would not want to touch with a 6 foot pole. The sales guy was a really nice guy, took us on a test drive... I was not terribly impressed with the smoothness of the 4 cylinder, but I come from a long line of silky smooth Honda engines.

When it came time to talk price, he would only bring it down to invoice... I was looking for a steal, not invoice. I told him if they change their mind, we are only around the corner from the dealership. I figured $20,000 for a 4 cylinder AWD RAV4 base was a fair offer, since it has been compromised, and we are WILLING TO TAKE IT OFF THEIR HANDS :blush:
    I was also thinking along the same lines but best offer I got for 4 cylinder FWD RAV4 base was 20600, what was the dealer offer to you on the 4 cylinder AWD RAV4 base ? under these circumstances, what to do think will be a fair price for 4 cylinder FWD RAV4 base ?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I was also thinking along the same lines but best offer I got for 4 cylinder FWD RAV4 base was 20600, what was the dealer offer to you on the 4 cylinder AWD RAV4 base ? under these circumstances, what to do think will be a fair price for 4 cylinder FWD RAV4 base ?

Their final answer was $22,500, which is pretty much the invoice. My expectations were $20,000 or less on compromized merchandize. Which is not out of line, IMHO, considering that not too many people ar elining up to buy these, right now.

I have a feeling that once the recall is completed, Toyota will forcus on getting people into the dealerships. I would imagine there will be a loyalty incentive, which we will not qualify, but they may also be a competitor incentive, which we will qualify for.

I think a FWD RAV4 base should sell for $18,000 or so, since it is also a distressed mechandise.

Most retail stores will throw distressed mechandise at 50% off MSRP when they want to get rid of it. Toyota may have to do that soon.
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    The problem is that the dealer will certainly not sell at a loss. Unless Toyota comes through with some large incentive to the dealers, I don't think this situation will make a whole lot of difference. Fitzmall, for example, hasn't changed their internet prices listed on their website. If you are lucky, you might be able to get them to lower the price one or two hundred dollars but one or two thousand below invoice will never happen at the dealer level. Only Toyota can make that happen.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Which dealership is offering the extra loyalty incentive on the RAV4? The dealers I've called are stating this loyalty incentive is only on the corolla, camry and prius. Can anyone confirm that this is on the RAV4? And is it in addition to the current $1000 cash to customer?
  • kingsunkingsun Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a base RAV4 at OTD of 21750. there only has $500 bonus cash back.
    sd
  • vansmack9vansmack9 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    I bought my base rav4 w/ added bluetooth for 21,250.00.this included the 500.00 rebate and the 2.9% financing for 60 months. Took a bit of haggling for this price. I put my 3000.00 down pmnt on The toyota rewards Visa which is 3000 x 5pts=150.00 credit on toyota serice/parts. I think anyone interested in a rav 4 should look into buying one now or in the next month or so.
  • calculuscalculus Member Posts: 6
    Can you guys please post where you bought the car?
    Because simply telling everyone the price you paid doesn't really help anyone.
    I can go around and said I paid $15000 for a Rav4 2010 and it won't help
    anyone.
    Southern Calif.
    Toyoto of Cerritios
    Would you mind sharing your selling price ?
    (from 2 posts back)

I bought my base rav4 w/ added bluetooth for 21,250.00.this included the 500.00 rebate and the 2.9% financing for 60 months. Took a bit of haggling for this price. I put my 3000.00 down pmnt on The toyota rewards Visa which is 3000 x 5pts=150.00 credit on toyota serice/parts. I think anyone interested in a rav 4 should look into buying one now or in the next month or so.
  • immiqueimmique Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info,
    If it is O.K, can you please provide the breakdown of price ? I want to know the actual price + fees like freight, doc fee, Tax and tags. Also how much was for bluetooth option ?
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    I contact dealer in regard to RAV 4 Limited 4WD V-6. He quoted MSRP $31,478, and would sell it to me for $29,421. I email back, and made an offer of $28,331, which I stated was a reasonable offer of 10% off sticker. No response as of yet. The vehicle mention appears to be loaded. I'm also, looking at a Honda CRV EX-L 4WD. My wife like's the CRV, but I like the RAV4 mention above ( except for rear tire on out side)

Any one out there whose been looking/shopping for a good deal on the RAV4 feel my offer is reasonable or too much?
    The dealer got back, and stated mark-up was not much, and would sell the RAV4 Limited V-6 AWD to me for $28,721. However, I did notice this Limited RAV4 came with cloth interior, and not leather.
  • bhitchcockbhitchcock Member Posts: 16
    I have a 2010 RAV V6 Limited w/Navi and I just installed the usb interface kit from Toyota. I plugged in my iPhone and the screen on the iPhone says this kit is not intended for iphone and puts my iphone in "airplane mode" and will play audio from the phone however the navi touch interface controls do not seem to work properly. I'm thinking it is because I have iphone and not ipod or itouch. Has anyone had success using the navi interface touch controls via the usb kit for any of these apple devices?
    $2700 off MSRP is a nice price. Congrats.
    I understand there is a lot of difference between AWD systems. If you take a RAV4 on a flat stretch of pure ice and floorboard it, what happens? Can you get all 4 wheels to spin at the same time?
    Below is another response from dealer that I'm interested in buying a RAV4 Limited 6cyl. I ask for a price on another model, Limited 6 cyl FWD. I was surprise by below answer. Also, I'm about ready to purchase, but wife like's the Honda CRV EX-L AWD. I like the Honda, but prefer the RAV4 Ltd 6cyl. It's a tough choice. Maybe I should flip a coin, and go with the coin pick.

"No problem with the names, it happens all the time! The Limited I had sent to you does have leather- it is included in the Premium Package near the bottom of the equipment listing. Unfortunately Toyota does not sell the front wheel drive Limited model in the area of the county, only the base Rav4 is available in this region in the front wheel drive model. You would have to go to the Carolina's to purchase a front wheel drive Limited. Dealers this far north can not even preference an order on the front wheel Limited. Please let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns!"
  • bhitchcockbhitchcock Member Posts: 16
    I had 120K on my 2005 AWD CRV SE and loved it and was getting ready to buy the new 2010 with the new 180hp motor. I had looked at the RAV when I bought this one but didn't care for the styling. I just bought the 2010 RAV Limited V6 4WD and couldn't be happier. I was concerned about the gas mileage but around town get 20-21 mpg (not as good as CRV) and on the highway just got 28.8 mpg going uphill from 1000 to 4000 feet at a distance of 250 miles (going a little over 70 mph and about 2000 rpm so this motor is almost idling) which is as good as the CRV I think. The V6 motor is amazing if you need the power and I really like this over the CRV. I bought the car over the web using the American Express auto program and paid about $2600 under MSRP which I thought was good so I showed up at the dealer only to pick up the car, great buying experience. I would have most likely been happy with the new CRV as well but I think the RAV for me was a better choice. It has the keyless starter which my wife likes a lot (doesn't have to find the keys in her purse), it is a little bigger inside, the styling is new last couple of years, the oil filter is in a much easier to replace location for us DIY'ers and I'm hoping the reliability will be as good as the bullet proof CRV, I would recommend you get one made in Japan (J is first character in the VIN) as they have no issues with all this latest recall stuff. I also ended up with the Navi which I really didn't want as it locks out most functions when the car is moving but in my area when you get the car with the options I wanted, the Navi is always there. I kept my Garmin as a back up.
  • ckraheckrahe Member Posts: 10
    Glad to hear you were able to buy a Base FWD V6-5spd. I'm using the "Toyota Configurator" at Toyota.com and can't put this combination together -- FWD requires 4-cylinder 4-speed. Can that be right? I just started looking at RAV4's and don't know the history.
  • sumwarsumwar Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody please share the OTD price they paid for a 2010 RAV4 Base 4WD in northern NJ?

Thanks,
  • skyla003skyla003 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    We just bought a Silver 2010 base rav4 4 cyl 2wd with Ash interior today and even though i consider myself to be a savvy carbuyer, it was like pulling teeth getting them to play ball on the sticker price. Usually i buy my cars either as left overs, or when factory incentives are at their best, but this time round we absolutely needed a new car in a short time frame and it made the haggling process more difficult. Maybe it was my mistake in thinking that because of all the bad publicity that the ball would be in my court and make the process quicker, but it just wasnt. One nice thing they did was since we already had outside financing going in, they actually beat it by a .5%. All in all it was still a good buying experience as they never made us angry or made us feel small while haggling, so heres the details:

Purchased in the Lehigh Valley Area in eastern PA
    Options:
    50 State Emissions
    Base L4 EVP Package
    Black Roof Rails w/Crossbars
    Carpet Floor/Cargo Mat (5-Piece Set)
    Daytime Running Lights
    Rear Privacy Glass
    Wheels: 17" 5-Spoke Styled Steel

Sticker Price: 22,794
    Negotiated Price: 21,250 (and it took 2 hours and saying ill just walk to get them there) and 20 minutes of that was the salesman and sales manager rhetoric about how theres nowhere to go without factory incentives
  • digitalusadigitalusa Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Msrp: $25,580 . Paid OTD $23,500, with 7% tax in Fulton co. Georgia, with 14 miles on oddometer. Again, its OTD price ! . This is the best time to buy the TOYOTA cars !.

I tried to buy the same car, actually different car with MSRP of $24,500, 2 month ago, and could not get at that price. The best was $25,000 !

v6 power is awsome. only complain is the cabin is not that quiet.But then, we have the radio and cd's to play !

If you are not scared of the recalls, get the car now ! before toyota fix the problem and the crazy discounts will disappear.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    Does any body know when Toyota Rav4 will get rid off that silly rear door?
    I think the total makeover will be in the 2012 model. Until then, I doubt the rear door will change.
    I have a question about that American Express auto program where your price was $2600 under MSRP. I plugged in a 2010 RAV Likited V6 4WD and only got a savings of about $1600 under MSRP and that included the $500 incentive. I am in Oregon. I wonder if those numbers are at all dependant upon the participating dealer. We only have one Toyota dealer in our time and maybe they demand more. Any thoughts?
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I got a quote via phone for this vehicle:

2010 RAV4 4-Cyl FWD Limited Blizzard Pearl with these packages:
    BC (Backup camera)
    QY (Extra Value which includes JBL audio, sunroof, bluetooth, leather...) and
    CF (Premium Carpet and Rear cargo mat)

Sale price: about $24,188 (includes the $1,000 Loyalty and $1,000 College Grad Rebate) -- I said "about" because I was dealing based on the OTD price.
    OTD price (6.25% tax in texas): $25,900

This is the lowest price I got.
    "If you are not scared of the recalls, get the car now ! before toyota fix the problem and the crazy discounts will disappear."

Toyoya Corp, owes it's dealerships, employees, and the consumer a lot more then what's out there now. Sale's employee's lost mucho $$ because of mis-management, and shady workmanship. Toyota Corp. should have mega discount's on all Toyota models, and the $$ loss is on them. The consumer would gladly buy Toyota vehicles, and dealer employee's will get back $$+ from what they lost during the past months. Inventory amount's would quickly disappear, and Toyota could become #1 again.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    I got two calls and 3 emails from different dealers all stating that they are able to take another $1000 off in addition to the cutrrent $1000 customer cash rebate. This was good through 3/1/10. I'm in Ohio. So now there is $2000 total customer cash on RAV4's. Good time to purchase... BUT... Is there something better coming in March? Hmmmmm... decisions.. decisions...

Also one dealer said this applies to a lease as well. So maybe it is combinable with all finance specials.

Has anyone else heard about this new $1000?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    May be a regional thing, here the only things available are the low APR, $1000.00 owner loyalty rebate, $1000.00 college cash rebate, and the $500.00 military bonus cash.
    I heard that too, but couldn't verify it from Toyota. But this is true: some dealers may match the $1,000 Loyalty rebate from Toyota which means the total rebate could be up to $2,000. But it is from particular dealers (thus their deadlines vary also), not a Toyota's promotion.
    I just got back from my local Toyota dealer here in Oregon. The sales guy I talked with had only been there a month so was not up to speed. They had 10 RAV4s in inventory and most had a $570 rebate listed on the window sticker. It didn't actually say rebate but I can't remember the exact words. There was one Limited model that had just come off the truck and it had a $2000 figure in place of the $570 figure on the others(some were Limited models too.) So maybe this is something new for March. If I can get them to give me the Fitzmall price, less $2000 in rebates, I think I will be driving a new RAV4 soon. Of course they will have to let me order it the way I want it with the right colors and options. Maybe too much to ask. Time will tell.
    I pulled the trigger this afternoon on a 2010 RAV4 4Cyl LTD FWD. The deal includes $1000 Loyalty and $1000 College Grad Rebates. Here are the details:

Sales price: $25,945
    Rebate: $2,000
    Final price: $23,945
    Sales tax (6.25% in TX): $1,497
    Doc fee and license: $324

OTD price: $25,766

This vehicle was installed these packages: BC (backup camera), QY (extra value package) and special color (i chose the Blizzard Pearl). This car is awesome! My wife totally loves it.

Thank you for all of your contributions in this thread. This forum, especially this thread, helped me a lot.
  • cherellecherelle Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at buying a Toyota RAV4 4-Cyl FWD Limited in Sacaramento CA area w/backup camera (BC),and QY(Extra value). We would like to get factory rebates. Not a lot available w/backup camera in N. CA. Also, CA doesn't seem to be offering those great $1000 rebates that some bloggers are talking about. How about if I take a Southwest airlines flight (cheap) and fly to one of the other states, like Oregon or Texas?
    Cherelle, I would wait until this coming week to see what Toyota has up their sleeve in terms of rebates. I think $500 rebates have been the norm all over the country, not counting any loyalty, college, or military rebates. I don't know what the rules are for them.
    Gads, you can't be too careful. I went back to the Toyota dealer to check out that window sticker that had the $2000 deduction from the MSRP at the bottom of the window sticker. One of the options was the QY Extra Value Package which was listed as having an MSRP of $3480. According to Edmunds, the MSRP is actually $1480. So then they deduct $2000 at the bottom of the window sticker and call it an Extra Value Package bonus or something which leads one to believe that they are saving $2000 of MSRP because of they are selling a particular option at a discount. Seems like this should be labeled false and misleading. Your average buyer would never think to check the actual MSRP of the options listed. I can't believe this is legal. Is this common at other dealers?
  • galevergalever Member Posts: 7
    I have been talking to a dealer on and off for the last 2 weeks. He can't seem to get that I won't be buying a car unless the price drops. All dealers are like that though I guess.
  • super_exitonsuper_exiton Member Posts: 14
    4X4 v6

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 25110.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    17" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels .......... 440.00
    Extra Value Package ........................840.00
    V6 Tow Prep Pkg - 3,500lbs ................. 160.00
    Bluetooth Handsfree ........................ 299.00
    Mudguard ................................... 99.00
    Carpet Floor Mats .......................... 109.00

Total MSRP...................................:$ 27857.00

Dealer offers $25619 plus tax

How much can I still haggle for a better price? thanks
    That looks like a very good price. Be sure to take advantage of the new incentive for March. You can finance it all with 0% interest. That is like getting a $2000 rebate.
  • jilebijilebi Member Posts: 2
    I have the following quote for a 2010 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Limited Extra Value Package, Tow Prep Package, Rearview Parking Display, 5-piece Carpet Floors and Cargo mats

MSRP - $31,099

OTD price(including all rebates) - $25,600+tax, title, documentation.

Is the above a good price? Also the title fees are $30 and documentation fees are $250. Is that reasonable?

Thanks.
    There are no rebates right now except for the college and military rebates. If you don't qualify for either of them, your OTD price is a couple of thousand below the dealers cost. There must be something wrong with the car or the dealer. No dealer will stay in business very long selling at such a large loss. The title and documentation fees vary from state to state but the numbers you mentioned sound reasonable.
    yeah. they start giving this 0APR yesterday. I also need to add 500 dollars for the D&H fees. Still not sure if this is a good deal though. Maybe I should ask for a 500 off the OTD price?
  • jjjstcjjjstc Member Posts: 1
    dealer offered $21700 OTD for FWD base model with value package ($1000 graduate discount), 0% APR

the sale tax is 6% in my state.

Can I ask for a lower OTD price?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like it's close to the true average price of $20,366 when factoring the graduate discount. You can try to shoot for less but with the interest rate at 0% you may not be able to.
  • jilebijilebi Member Posts: 2
    Hi evergreen,

The price of $25,600 includes 2 rebates - $1000 college grad rebate and $1000 Toyota rebate ( in lieu of 0% financing). Also this price is not limited to just one specific vehicle. The dealer is offering similar price for other vehicles on the lot, with different options at slightly different prices. So it can't be that something is wrong with *all* the vehicles!

I am guessing your recommendation is that this is too good of a deal to pass?
    Jilebi: Give me your dealer's name. The best price that I received in PA is $28,203, (MSRP $31,300) for the exact vehicle. The price includes extra charge for their pearl white. I'll travel that extra mileage to buy it.
    Yes, that is a very good deal. You might crunch some numbers to determine whether or not the $1000 rebate in lieu of 0% financing is better for you. If you finance $26k for five years at 0%, that is probably going to be more money in your pocket than the $1000 rebate.
    jilebi, could you let us know the location of this dealer? this price seems very good.