Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rav4pearlwhiterav4pearlwhite Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone wanted to know if this was a good deal. 28.700 out the door (tttr included) pearl and Toyota select. No other options like bum or entune. Should I take it or wait?
  • quarksterquarkster Member Posts: 13
    R4PW -
    You haven't provided enough info ....

Is this a FWD or AWD model?

What's the price of the vehicle ITSELF, exclusive of your local tax, license, etc?

Did you check Edmunds "True Market Value" for your exact vehicle configuration, in your area?
    FWD
    MSRP 27,010
    Plus Special Color (blizzard pearl) + toyo guard 1034
    total MSRP 28959

Edmunds states TMV 27,599
    Edmunds Invoice 26,451
  • toyotaonlytoyotaonly Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD Blizzard Pearl at Champion Toyota (Phila, PA)
    Out the door for $27600
    Option: (inv: $ 1729 msrp: $2153) Ok with (1729+2153):2= $1941
    AM/FM STEREO W/CD/MP3/WMA PLAYER, ENTUNE & NAVIGATION
    REMOTE ENGINE STARTER
    ROOF RACK CROSS BARS

Out the door price with options: $29500

The trick is: Always ask for $1500 under invoice price. If you can get that great if not $1000 under invoice before tttr is about right. Good luck all.
  • pwarner10pwarner10 Member Posts: 4
    Trying to get this from local and other dealers with the following:
    2013 RAV4 Limited AWD - blizzard pearl white with tan leather interior.
    car mats (can't belive Toyota makes you pay extra for these), navigation, mud guards

Yes, I have been looking on Edmunds but will look at it again. Thanks.
    Can you hook me up with your salesman!? I just want front wheel limited rav4 2013 in blizzard pearl and either black or latte interior.
    I'm getting mine in two weeks in Mississippi. Blizzard Pearl with tan interior and AWD.
    Brittany at Performance Toyota in Memphis has the Pearl white with the black/terracota inside!!!
    Was offered 28,000 otd for 2013 limited rav4 FWD with carpet mats. Pearl with ash interior ( ash is not what I wanted). Take it or wait a couple months for prices to keep dropping?
  • carlcarcarlcar Member Posts: 3
    hi,

does it include tax and DMV fee : paid 25550 (includes destination)??
    edited April 2013
    hi

can anyone help to provide info about what price paid for toyota 2013 rav 4, XLE, AWD with basic equipment.

many thanks
  • goldtop76goldtop76 Member Posts: 3
    I haven't finalized the deal yet, but verbally the dealer and I agreed on $25,700 for a 2013 XLE AWD with carpeted mats and wheel locks. Have you tried truecar.com?
    I have looked at Truecar.com. don't believe truecar.com provides true price. it's just another kind of scam.
    Yes, truecar seems a bit off in that some people are shown paying $1000 above MSRP and others are paying $1500 below invoice. But the middle numbers seem pretty much on par with what Edmunds shows as the true market value. One thing I learned is that some dealers charge for doc and admin fees while others don't. The price I show above includes everything except taxes and motor vehicle fees. Another dealership gave me a better price, but he was going to tack on $700 more for doc fees and admin fees. So you have to factor it all in. Plus the cost of my trade got factored in as well. I think you can probably do better than I did, but I think the price I got is pretty fair. I am on Long Island.
  • dotheadharrydotheadharry Member Posts: 8
    1500 under invoice? LMFAO! Any dealer doing that is screwing around somehow, and making the money somewhere else...Ask for invoice or 200 under and you got a more than a fair deal in that area, and just make sure you are not paying 500 for etch or over 299 for doc.
    1500 under...Get real.
    I think he meant 1500 below MSRP.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
  • montero00montero00 Member Posts: 1
    2013 XLE AWD shoreline blue, 24200 including destination. 1100 for bad trade 00 accord 170k. Out door with trade 23100. Get internet quotes from as many dealers you can, some will be really low to "get you in door" often that car will be "sold" but who cares make them stick with that price for another stock
    Hi guys thinking about putting my deposit for 2013 limited edition FWD rav4 2013 standard with no upgrades. Carpet mat and all 4 side windows with tint thrown in for free. Total price which includes tax tag and registration 27,500. Good deal?
  • cccc5cccc5 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    hey guys--we have a 2nd on the way and need a bigger car. right now we have a budget for the base LE 2wd. considering where we're buying (orange county, ca) what would be a fair price? invoice, $200-$500 above invoice? this is before ttl. want to do a little research and be armed with some info before walking into the dealership. if you have any hookup in the area please forward the contact, i appreciate any help. thanks.
  • ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    Did you find anything yet? I'm in the SGV and looking for similar vehicle. I see on Truecar about $200 above invoice.
    nothing yet, still looking. i've decided on an XLE with mats/roof rack. cabe (good reviews on yelp) in long beach quoted me a price of about $700 over edmund's invoice...26.7k otd. i think i can do better than that as elmore instantly said they can match. i would do $200 over invoice right now.
    I have a hook up in New Jersey for whoever wants it. 200 over invoice on any Toyota. Just shoot me a pm.
    Truecar shows $24,233 for the XLE, so your OTD price of $26,700 sounds very close. ( about $250 over Invoice per Truecar)

I'm still undecided on Rav4 or CR-V
    is that right? on edmunds invoice is $23, 847, and the price pre ttl was $24,401.

is the crv cheaper? i was looking at the crv also but my wife likes the look of the rav4.
    Looking at purchasing one in Mississippi very soon. This is the price the car dealership is telling me. How do you determine the actual Invoice price?

MSRP - Total: $32,352.00
    Invoice?
    My price being 2.2% above invoice - $ 31,484.75
  • arora2arora2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Looking to Purchase 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD with Navigation,Entune and Blind Spot Monitoring , what's a Fair Price for it in New Jersey?
  • stevgestevge Member Posts: 19
    Hi Harry I am in New Jersey. Please send the names and phone numbers of the dealer and salesman to chc9139 at nyp.org. Thanks!
    $23,976 is what Truecar shows for Invoice, inc. Dest. charge and Ad fee.

The CR-V seems to be about $500 less for comparable trim.
    At this point I'm also considering the Subaru Forester. I will go check them out this weekend and see what I decide. Keep me posted on your search.
    edited May 2013
    wow yes 25.5k would be awesome for the XLE with mats & roof racks. i bought mine yesterday for 26.5k, probably a couple hundos too much (?) but i just wanted the car before mother's day.

ultra: you should drive down to tustin for that deal!
    Congrats on your new car.
    Did you end up getting it from Cabe ?
    I went and checked the CR-V, Rav4 and Forester yesterday, and I think I will get a Rav4. Everything is so similar, that I'll go with the Looks of the Rav4.
    yes at cabe, i highly recommend them. i dealt through email exclusively and only came in to sign paperworks. you can use my price as a negotiating point. imo you can probably get a better deal if you have patience or wait til end of month. also i paid for the floor/cargo mats, maybe you can take that option off and buy somewhere else and save a lil more.
  • ultrarunrultrarunr Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to get my dealer to fax me his invoice, but he's saying his invoice price is $448 more than Edmunds is showing. I told him I was willing to pay 1% over invoice, which would be a net of $261 for him, but I'm not sure what that $448 difference is all about.

I guess my real question: how accurate and comprehensive are Edmunds invoice prices?

If you want more details:
    Looking at a 2013 XLE AWD with Entune and Roof rails. Edmunds invoice is 26126... my dealer says his invoice is 26574.20.

There's also a 54.10 state emissions tax (I'm in PA) and a $224 reg/title fee, which I'm assuming are non-negotiable, but maybe not?

Thanks in advance.
    Non-negotiable because they are dmv state charges. Jesus you people are unreal. Far as the invoice. Edmonds states it varies. It's regional, and also depends on the build of the vehicle. If the dealer is willing to show you the invoice, it's legit. Stop with the paranoia.
    go to thecarconnection and plug in the numbers to see what kind of Invoice it shows.
  • quarksterquarkster Member Posts: 13
    Just remember that the "invoice" is NOT what the dealer actually ends up paying for the vehicle after holdback, dealer incentives, etc. are factored in.
  • bob_k01bob_k01 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Purchased a 2013 RAV4 XLE grey exterior, black interior, no GPS, no Etune, no floor mats, no cargo mats. $25K cash OTD at Toyota of Des Moines, IA. Only about 5-10 minutes of haggling and an overall pleasant experience.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    Bob: can you break down the cost of the vehicle (including destination) apart from all the fees/tax....thanks. BTW, great price regardless.
  • bob_k01bob_k01 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Slowcar--the original sheet prices were:

2013 Model 4442
    MSRP: $25,690
    Floor mats/cargo mat: $225 (later taken out of the deal)
    Delivery: $845
    Tag: $25
    Document fee: $89
    Tax: (to be paid elsewhere)
    Final negotiated price out the door (minues the mats) was $25,000. That $25K includes the tag and doc fee.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Ahhhhhhh ..... 25K out the door, tax not included => that explained why your posted price seemed too low.
  • racing_s2kracing_s2k Member Posts: 6
    Thank you Mr. Car Dealer
    Anytime!
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Member Posts: 12
    Got a quote for a 2013 AWD Limited, blizzard pearl, black, navi for 30,834 OTD. That includes 6% sales tax.

Is this a good price?
    whats the sticker?
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Member Posts: 12
    Sticker:

MSRP = $30,905 (includes destination/delivery)
    Good deal. Some quick estimates. If you are getting new plates that's 400 (est)+ doc 299(est)+ tax $1890 (est)....

$2589.00 taxes and fee's (est)
    $30,834 OTD is a good deal, yeah.
  • maddie14maddie14 Member Posts: 1
    Is it OK to tell us which state and dealership?
  • joescjoesc Member Posts: 1
    Just pick-up my Rav4 model 4440

RAV4 XLE FWD - W/Mats 24930 OTD

Thanks to all previous post!

Price break down

Price 23500
    Processing fee 599.99
    Title Tax 723
    Business tax 47
    online filing fee 10
    title/license fee 50.75

Total OTD 24930.74 (includes full tank of gas)
    Dealer Charles Barker of BV, VA
    Also they got me 1.29% interest on the loan.
    Great!
  • alpxalpx Member Posts: 2
    I received the following quote,
    2013 Rav4 XLE AWD
    $24,800 + $500 Doc Fee + Registration + Taxes

Is this a reasonable deal ?
    500 doc fee is crazy.
  • tomguavatomguava Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in NJ and I am in the market for a RAV4. Can you send your connection to higuava at gmail dot com? Thanks a lot! Sorry, can't figure out how to send a pm.