Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newgalnewgal Member Posts: 5
    49500 with nav, rear entertainment, 3rd row, lexus link, satellite radio, chrome tip, spoiler etc. 5,000 and 10000 mile check up included. Very fair deal for my trade in

They also gave me a extra headphone for the dvd...

I think I did ok??
  • mvpjeffmvpmvpjeffmvp Member Posts: 16
    Yes, mine had Lexus Link, Chrome Exhaust Tip, Towing Package, etc. AND the 10,000 mile and 15,000 mile service included. I also refused to pay "Title Fee", "Bank Fee", or any other fee's. All was included. I'm in NJ. Just picked it up today! WOOT!!
  • richle2001richle2001 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, is your price of $49.5K includes TTL? Also, where are you located? Thanks in advance.
  • svedulasvedula Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I want to buy a GX470 before the end of the year. Looking for a good deal. Which dealer do you recommend? or do you have any one in the DC area?

Sam
  • newgalnewgal Member Posts: 5
    No, TTL were seperate and I am in Chicago
  • gnick4gnick4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in NJ also wasn't sure running in for the year end event was worth it.
    what dealer did you buy from?

Best price I got so far was 48,606 including 3rd row and rear dvd and lexus link.
    didn't negotiate any service or tax and delivery at that time.

Thanks so much and how are you enjoying your GX?
  • mvpjeffmvpmvpjeffmvp Member Posts: 16
    I got mine through Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth.

I love it. Only drove it around 300 miles so far. ONLY complaint that I never realized is that the rear "Climate Control" is actually "REAR A/C". NO REAR HEAT...... that was disappointing when I put my 8 month old back there on a cold day last week. Other than that, it's a smooth ride, switched to the sporty suspension a few times for curves, and handled great.
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    Can you give me the name of dealer and salesman's name where you got your GX470 ? I would like to buy at invoice, is this possible?

I am in Northern Virginia area and have already bought a LS 460 last year and yet the same dealership says the best they can do is $47,285. for one with Nav, rear spoiler, 3rd rear seat, rear spoiler, Mark levinson radio with Satellite radio and pref. pckge (mats etc) BUT NO DVD OR SPORT PCKGE AND DEALER will add doc prep fee of approx $199.00 plus local tax (3%) plus tags and title.

Can I do better before the end of the year? where and who should I chat with?

Thanks,

Reddog
    Your e-mail address does not work. where can I get invoice on a new GX 470 and not pay alot on doc prep fee and any other hidden costs? any one in particular to talk to?

I'm in Northern Virginia. Thanks,

Reddog
  • gnick4gnick4 Member Posts: 2
    bummer on the heat. did it take long for the back seat heat up? did you pay sales tax? do they offer free loaners for service? did you have a trade in and if so did you get book trade in value? I was dealing with them for a bit sales rep was kinda rude. Many dealerships down here don't really return calls. Can you tell me who you dealt with? My email is deniseadamsphr@gmail.com thanks and enjoy?
  • txedtxed Member Posts: 3
    Hi wantrx330

did you pay $49500 including TT&L?
    Hi newgal

did you pay $49500 including TT&L?

did you ask for the 5K & 10K miles included or is that part of the incentives?
    anyone who got a good deal for 2008 GX 470 in TX?
  • iowa1iowa1 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone advise me as to whether this is a good deal? I am looking at a 2005 Lexus GX with 37,000 miles with the 3rd Row Seat, Navigation, Sport Package, DVD, Certified. They have offered me $39,000. It does not have the tow package, and I'd like that to be included. Is this offer too much for an 05, am I better off getting a 2006?

Thanks for your help!

J
    No, it is terrible. I bought from a DJ at Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA YESTERDAY.

It had everything but DVD and Lexus Link and XM.

It was approx. $46,700 plus $100 doc fee(reduced from $399) and T, T & L.

If you need an intro, e-mail me privately.

Reddog
  • iowa1iowa1 Member Posts: 2
    To clarify, did you purchase a new 2007 or 2008? What year was the vehicle? Also, did you purchase it from a dealer?
    Yes, new 2008 from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA.

But even they will not offer it up front.

Most of the salesman will play games. Give me your info and I'll be happy to talk to my salesman. give me your name and what equipment you want etc and how you plan to pick up the car etc.

I sound like a salesman, but I am not. Just retired and "tired".
  • aungaung Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Can anyone tell me about buying experience2008 gx470 in los Angeles area? I am planning to buy one from longo lexus in El monte. I want nav, rear entertainment ( i don't really want link and xm radio). Please help!!!!

Thanks/ Aung
    Please anybody!! Whoever just bought GX470. Please help!!
  • redrozaredroza Member Posts: 7
    I posted about the price we paid here in Southern California (Carlsbad Lexus).
    It was 46,200 (with Navigation), no rear entertaiment, no xm.
    You should be able to get matching quote from any LA dealer, if not, Carlsbad is about an hour drive from Longo Lexus.
    I was getting an offer from the dealer to drive the car down to me from Longo at no extra charge, but since Carlsbad matched the price, we bought from them.
    Try to send emails asking about their quotes to all LA dealers, then you can pick the best one.
    Good luck!
    Forgot to mention, try to ask for George Kantanto at Longo, he is their Internet Sales Manager. George was great, very flexible and willing to deliver. I'll definitely give him a chance next time I'm looking.
    Thanks a lot. that's a lot of help. I am going there this weekend. Have you ever try to install rear entertainment system with longo? Dennis said it is about 2500 for 2 headrest.

I will look for George. Are u happy with your GX now. I have read a message somewhere about they are changing in 2009. We still debating.

Thanks/ A
  • spikebspikeb Member Posts: 3
    Could you please send me the name of the contact you purchased you lexus from.
    I've sent you an e mail too.
    S. Bailey
  • ssunkarassunkara Member Posts: 2
    Reddog:
    Could you please post your email address so that I can send you a private email. I am looking at a GX470 2008 model with Navigation. I don't want the third row seats or the entertainment center. What will be the out of door price I should expect.

Thanks
    Srinivas
  • ssunkarassunkara Member Posts: 2
    Hi All:
    I am looking for a new 2008 GX 470 with Navigation Package. I don't want a third row or a rear entertainment option. Can anyone give me an idea what I can expect as far as price is concerned.

Thanks
    Srinivas
  • carameltwistcarameltwist Member Posts: 2
    :) Spoke with a salesman today, I live in Baton Rouge, La. He told me it is rare if ever I could receive anything off of the invoice price due to Lexus is a luxury car. Any truth to that? I received a MSRP quote of 53009 and selling of 50000 with Nav system. My money factor is 3.5 with a credit score in the late 670's. Isn't that a bit much? I read somewhere the money factor is the hidden interest rate. Please reply. I am getting more and more flustered.
    Lexus is a luxury car so you can't bargain with the dealer?
    Funniest thing I ever heard.
    I'm on my 6th Lexus and every time was able to get Thousands of dollars off MSRP.
    Tell your dealership you're prepared to contact everyone else in your area and will buy from someone who will give you best price.
    Then give them your contact number and walk out.
    Watch them run after you.
    Everything is negotiable when you're buying a car. Toyota, Lexus - does not matter.
    I bought 2008 GX with NAV and third row seat - $46,200 in Southern CA.
    Good luck!
  • breimanbreiman Member Posts: 4
    Saw that ssunkara is looking for a vehicle without the third-row seat option.

Was speaking to a Lexus dealership the other day and they told me that although the third-row seat is an option, it's not really an option since Lexus doesn't make any of the GX 470 vehicles without the third-row seat!!

She did show me a list of the vehicles in the pipeline in the region and all of them had 3rd row seats.

So, if you don't want third-row seating do you have to order a vehicle from scratch and wait a while? Or was I just being had?

Thanks everyone.
    Hi Redroza,

Just to compare apples:apples, did your new Lexus have the Preferred Access Pkg (mats, wheel locks) or Towing Prep Pkg? Saw a Vehicle Inquiry Report for a 2008 GX 470 and those little accessories add just under $200 to the invoice price.
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Member Posts: 14
    It is very difficult to get a GX without 3rd row seating. The 3rd row seating option price was reduced drastically from previous model years. The quoted price varies from person to person and from region to region. If you are a loyal customer you will get a better deal than a non-loyal customer most of the time.
    Was offered .56 residual value and a disappointing .00285 MF at a Socal dealership. Doesn't seem very competitive to me, given the other (albeit earlier) reports about a .00255 MF.
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    2004 LEXUS GX470 AWD (SILVER/GRAY) 36,245 MILES
    STOCK # Z0193 VIN # JTJBT20X840037048
    Leather / Moon roof
    Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner
    Towing Hitch Bracket
    FULLY LOADED - CPO
    NJ Based SPECIAL INTERNET All i can say is price was lower than: $32,XXXX

More to choose from, but it fit our bill.New Vehicles too

If interetested in knowing specifics of dealer rep, and similiar vehicles, please contact me a phula at yahoo.com.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or employed nor have any relatives at this dealer, just returning to this board what I have gotten in the part.

Ed in Metuchen
  • edwardc3000edwardc3000 Member Posts: 30
    2004 LEXUS GX470 AWD (SILVER/GRAY) 36,245 MILES
    STOCK # Z0193 VIN # JTJBT20X840037048
    Leather / Moon roof
    Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner
    Towing Hitch Bracket
    FULLY LOADED - CPO
    NJ Based SPECIAL INTERNET All i can say is price was lower than: $32,XXXX

More to choose from, but it fit our bill.New Vehicles too

If interetested in knowing specifics of dealer rep, and similiar vehicles, please contact me a phula at yahoo.com.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or employed nor have any relatives at this dealer, just returning to this board what I have gotten in the past. And I looked coast to coast !

Ed in Metuchen
  • carameltwistcarameltwist Member Posts: 2
    How do I find out the invoice on a particular vehicle? My salesman says that he does not know.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Start here

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 55webster55webster Member Posts: 3
    Hi:

I'm interested in leasing a Lexus SUV. Can someone give me a reference to a dealer in Southern NH or Mass that is willing to be aggressive as far as price?

Thanks
    WEBSTER
  • cwilbscwilbs Member Posts: 14
    Try IRA in Manchester NH. Not totally sure about the leasing but I just bought my 3rd Lexus from them and have been totally satisfied with this dealership. It used to be Lexus of Manchester but is now IRA. Good Luck
  • tdjalin1tdjalin1 Member Posts: 3
    I have emailed six dealers in Southern California over the past week. I'm looking for your typical GX with Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, and tow hitch. The best offer I received so far was for 46.8K+TTL, with little haggling. All others were in the 48K-50K range. A past post showed someone getting the car for $46.2K. I would appreciate anyone sharing their recent purchasing experience with regards to how willing dealers are to negotiate, particularly in SoCal. With the economy so bad coupled with record gas prices, I am going to target a price of 46K. Any thoughts on whether this is possible ?
  • mikej1544mikej1544 Member Posts: 1
    I just came from my local dealer, looking to lease a GX. The price was ok, but based on only a few K off the MSRP.

This is a little bit of "sticker shock." I'm used to Acura dealers, that start off at $200 or so over invoice, so I'm in unknown terretory.

I don't mind travelling in New England, where I live, but could spread out to , NY, NJ or PA for a hot deal. Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks
    MIKEJ
  • bulldogfanbulldogfan Member Posts: 4
    Would you still recommend getting a quote from this dealership even if you live in the Midwest? Just wondering. Thanks.
  • shinbone1shinbone1 Member Posts: 9
    TDjalin1,
    What was the MSRP for the vehicle priced at $46.8K+TTL?
  • tdjalin1tdjalin1 Member Posts: 3
    The MSRP was $52,668 and includes Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, and tow hitch with ball. The invoice was $46,153 and I picked it up two days ago for $46,500+TTL. Probably could have got it for less if I waited for the end of month, but wife was impatient since ext/int color was what she wanted. Anoher dealer offered $46,200 but without tow hitch nor spoiler. Good luck in your search.
  • newgxnewgx Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'd love any help anyone can give me re a good price for 2008 GX with nav/Mark Levinson audio, 3rd row seats, and rear entertainment system. I'm ready to buy this week for the right price. I was quoted $49,967 "best price" (MSRP $54,700) by a Chantilly, VA dealership.

Any thoughts/tips would be hugely appreciated!
  • bestsoccerdogbestsoccerdog Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just came from a dealer and was looking at a Lexus GX470. They gave me a price of $51,000+tax and tag. The MSRP is 54,785. The sales person told me later on that he could get it for $49,000. He also told me that I probably could get some extra add-ons like XM free of charge. Is this a good price, and what should I expect to pay for a car like this? Thanks in advance.
    It is a terrible price.......

You should be able to buy at $200 over invoice with freebies!!!!!

RD
  • gxdudegxdude Member Posts: 1
    FYI for anyone buying in Houston Texas:

I just picked up an 08 with same options as dude above: The MSRP was $52,668 and includes Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, and tow hitch with ball for $46.2 + TTL - Is that a good deal?
  • amtususaamtususa Member Posts: 4
    What is the dealership name? Thanks in advance.
    rayak
  • louiesmomlouiesmom Member Posts: 10
    I just got an offer for an 08 GX470 with the following:
    12k miles per year/48 months
    Mark Levinson Audio Package
    NAVIGATION
    3rd Row Seat w/ Air
    Tow Prep Package

List price $51365
    neg price $45419

$600/month with $2000 cap cost red, 1st mo payment, fees
    total out of pocket @ signing= $3900

Help, is this a good deal?
  • quaker09quaker09 Member Posts: 6
    That doesn't sound like a great offer to me, but I refuse to lease a car. It's like throwing away money.
  • louiesmomlouiesmom Member Posts: 10
    gee thanks MOM
    anyone with some useful feedback out there?